Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

never let your guard down [c]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6042

never let your guard down [c] Empty
PostSubject: never let your guard down [c]   never let your guard down [c] EmptyWed 25 Oct 2023 - 20:26

The leader's den was, for the moment, used exclusively for meetings--though she still didn't feel worthy of a place among her fellow warriors, Leopardstar had no desire to isolate herself so completely; and even setting that aside, it held too many bad memories and reminders of her own poor decisions. Considering the results of their investigation, however, there was no avoiding a meeting; and the medicine den wasn't small, but would certainly feel crowded if they were to try and fit everyone inside.

By contrast, despite how stifling it felt, the leader's den could fit even Nightstalker's entire council with ease. Though that was yet another memory she didn't want to consider.

She took a deep breath, gathering her thoughts before she addressed the cats that had gathered around her. "The Carrionplace... It was empty. No rats, no crow-food. Like it had been somehow spirited away while we weren't watching. It was... Quite disconcerting. And if that wasn't enough, there was no sign of Nightstalker--whatever trail he might have left behind, the rain had already washed away."

She looked to her deputy and the medicine cats with an expression she hoped didn't betray her thoughts. "I'd say I hope the rest of you have better news to share, but I'll settle for knowing the Clan hasn't burned in our absence. Still, has there been anything worth mentioning?"

after all the things i’ve said and done; i don’t feel like the chosen one —— info.
✿ kiikko

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3

Last edited by Howl-ly on Wed 25 Oct 2023 - 20:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7395

PostSubject: Re: never let your guard down [c]   never let your guard down [c] EmptyWed 25 Oct 2023 - 20:46

Badgermask, like wise, was not thrilled to be in the leader's den. The last - and only - time she had been allowed to sit in on a council meeting had ended with the decision to wage the battle that had slain her littermates. The warrior sat near the entrance, tail curled around her paws as she stared at the ground.

She had only been invited in because she had been part of said patrol with her mother - she had also witnessed the eerie emptiness that had struck the Carrionplace. She had little else to add however - her mother had stated the simple facts and if her option was asked for, she would give it...

But she was starting to wonder why she had agreed to sit in...Perhaps to finally put to rest the question to herself of how she felt about Leopardstar...?

never let your guard down [c] ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon
TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue
*Disadvantage Stats

Last edited by Honey Badger on Wed 25 Oct 2023 - 22:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [R]Grub | [R] Grun Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 BT MC / T4 MC | [G]T4 Rogue | [GJ] T1 Rogue [V]T5 Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 4495

PostSubject: Re: never let your guard down [c]   never let your guard down [c] EmptyWed 25 Oct 2023 - 22:02

Two half-moon meetings ago, Heatherberry had received the unfortunate visit from StarClan when she had closed her eyes and touched that star-forsaken rock. Everything from the appearance of the small, disease ridden cat, to the twisting landscape that couldn't seem to settle on what it wanted to be - to the cries that fell into a deafening silence - all swirled around in her head almost every night since.

When she heard Leopardstar call for her deputy and medicine cats, Heatherberry knew it meant nothing good. When cats touched by the wretched StarClan had to group up, it was certain they would need to speak of things they'd rather not. She cast a quick glance at Badgermask in confusion, before remembering her sister had gone on that patrol to Carrionplace. She did wonder how that interraction with their mother had gone. She hoped they had some kind of fruitful chat. "Unfortunately not, Leopardstar. This should have been shared the moment it was recieved, but the last meeting I attended with Burdockroot did not go well:

...Numbers soon will begin to fade. The misfortune festers, decays, and grows, killing all that which once was known. Your only hope clinging to what remains, look forth, and see the red path right that lays. A future uncertain, if you hold still. Run, dear kits, the trial is here.

As long as it is, the visuals that came with it was enough to make a cat remember it by heart. I apologize for neglecting duty, Leopardstar. Sablestrike." Other than the words spoken to her, the dark she-cat would not repeat what all had happened in that vision unless asked.

She stepped back to give Burcockroot the floor. Although she hadn't gone to the last meeting - instructed by her mentor to stay behind for her mental health after what happened with Snowfoot - Heatherberry knew it was probably worse than the last time.

won't you shake a poor sinners hand?:

never let your guard down [c] JGgdMsS never let your guard down [c] JGg3TFt  never let your guard down [c] JGg3GK7 never let your guard down [c] JGg2WjR

never let your guard down [c] JcTsSP1  never let your guard down [c] JcnAVnI never let your guard down [c] Grub_f10never let your guard down [c] JaZZNs4
click photos for profiles | sprites by Aspen!
Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: never let your guard down [c]   never let your guard down [c] EmptyThu 26 Oct 2023 - 6:17

Burdockroot hesitated outside the den before entering. It was no secret that she had been distant against the clan recently... not that it was much different than before. But this time, it was. As much as any cat wanted to deny it, Burdockroot had tried to be involved in the clan. She really had made an improvement. But then, Batsong... She ruined it all. The betrayal still hurt. The sting of Nightstalker's words still ran deep. The selfish dung still had never apologized... She realized she had walked in and sat down when she came to from her thoughts at the mention of Nightstalker leaving no trace. "Good." she muttered. Not quietly, but breathily. "Let him be gone for good." She shut up then, letting Heatherberry carry on. Sablestrike sat there too. Burdockroot was still upset about that choice - it was a leading factor on her retreat to her den. When Leopardstar took position, she had hoped she'd enjoy the new lay of the ranks... But she had invited the second coming of Nightstar.

Heatherberry spoke of the first portion of the prophecy, leaving out the crusty cat. She would do the same.

"The red sun calls for you, and for your children. Choose your path, trust the suns warmth. Your rivers will run dry, and your trees will die, and any meat you eat will turn to ash should you stray from your forsaken path."

She repeated in her monotone drone. "It clearly states of some plague, or disease. Mixed with the rats missing - perhaps they are running. Additionally, even the medicine cats have closed ranks. ThunderClan and RiverClan seem to be sharing some sort of secret with each other and not the rest of us. We should consider moving in on SkyClan or... WindClan as allies."

Batsong was gone. Falconstar was gone. There was no use holding old grudges in a time like this.

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1256

PostSubject: Re: never let your guard down [c]   never let your guard down [c] EmptyThu 26 Oct 2023 - 20:30

Sablestrike stared despondently at his paws as the meeting commenced. Carrionplace being empty didn't surprise him at all, though the disappearance of Nightstalker along with it certainly made him worry. He found it odd that Nightstalker made himself scarce as soon as the rats had invaded camp, could it be that the tom had lead the swarm to them? Once, the thought never would have crossed his mind, but now he could imagine such a thing. Nightstalker was still bitter from what Sablestrike could tell, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to assume he would do something like that...

Heatherberry was next to speak. Numbers soon will begin to fade, he had a few ideas as to what that meant, but they all pointed to Lighttail. Surely Starclan wouldn't refer to her in any capacity though, it was only one cat as far as he knew, but the next portions were different. All he had were half-baked ideas for those. A red path, a festering misfortune, could that be referring to the swarm? Though if Nightstalker had been the one to lead them then it wouldn't be much of a misfortune. None of it made any sense, but then again they didn't have the full prophecy just yet. They lacked the visuals that accompanied it. Finally prying his eyes from his paws Sablestrike turned to Heatherberry, mouth opening just as Burdockroot spoke.

"No, not good. We have no clue what Nightstalker's involvement in this is. If he's responsible for any of this then we may be in a very bad position. He knows of this clan's secrets, he knows how dangerous the territory is. I wouldn't put it past him to share what he knows with the other clans, especially if he thinks it might be to our detriment." If he was even alive, but Sablestrike wouldn't assume him dead unless a body was found.

Sablestrike quieted himself as Burdockroot continued. "Not Skyclan." He growled. He'd rather stay in Shadowclan and perish than ask for that clan's help. Windclan on the other paw was filled with feather-headed fools, but would they really allow Shadowclan to move in after what they had done? "I'd at least like for either of you to speak of the visions you saw. We'll need the entire prophecy if we're going to decipher it."

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

never let your guard down [c] Output12                   never let your guard down [c] Output10                          never let your guard down [c] Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6042

PostSubject: Re: never let your guard down [c]   never let your guard down [c] EmptyThu 26 Oct 2023 - 21:11

"Calm down, both of you. Nightstalker might have been a poor leader, and his loyalty hasn't been to me in quite some time, but he was still one of us when he disappeared, whatever you might think about that. I'm reasonably certain he wasn't responsible for the rats attacking our camp--unless you have some strange, mysterious way he might have emptied Carrionplace overnight and left no trace of any kind." Leopardstar shook her head in disbelief. "I was searching for a body. I thought that he might have left because he didn't want to die with an audience, but we may never know. Anything could have gotten to him: more rats, a family of foxes, or even Twolegs."

She fixed her gaze on Sablestrike. "Should it turn out he's somehow joined WindClan, we'll deal with that--incredibly unlikely--scenario when and if it arises."

Leopardstar listened as her medicine cats and her deputy spoke, considering their words before she said anything in response. "I won't hear of any alliance with WindClan. That's what led us into that mess in the first place, and we've only just recovered--if you can call it a recovery, given the circumstances. Likewise, while our relationship is generally positive, I don't want to invite war should an alliance with SkyClan happen to go sour--if they were even interested. ShadowClan is best served as we have been: remaining neutral with the other Clans, yet still collaborating where necessary."

Heatherberry delivered the first prophecy:

...Numbers soon will begin to fade. The misfortune festers, decays, and grows, killing all that which once was known. Your only hope clinging to what remains, look forth, and see the red path right that lays. A future uncertain, if you hold still. Run, dear kits, the trial is here.

"Misfortune. The same as ever, then. But what remains, a red path right... And calling on us to run? Ominous, but also not unfamiliar. Our numbers are already dwindling... But you said this was the last prophecy? That would explain it."

The second came from Burdockroot:

The red sun calls for you, and for your children. Choose your path, trust the sun's warmth. Your rivers will run dry, and your trees will die, and any meat you eat will turn to ash should you stray from your forsaken path.

"Red sun... Choose your path, trust the sun's warmth... Is it telling us to try living according to the other clans' schedules?" She found herself awake during the day as often as the night, but it wasn't something she could see the rest of them doing willingly. "I can't see the Clan embracing that. But... We don't have any rivers cutting through our territory, and precious few trees."

She closed her eyes, considering the words.

"Sablestrike is right. I think we need all of the details if we're going to make any judgment on this. But just from the words... Could it be possible that it's not just about ShadowClan? I have other thoughts, but whatever visions you both received might provide further insight."

after all the things i’ve said and done; i don’t feel like the chosen one —— info.
✿ kiikko

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [R]Grub | [R] Grun Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 BT MC / T4 MC | [G]T4 Rogue | [GJ] T1 Rogue [V]T5 Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 4495

PostSubject: Re: never let your guard down [c]   never let your guard down [c] EmptyFri 27 Oct 2023 - 23:40

Heatherberry was losing her patience. There was no use protecting a cat that selfishly destroyed the trust his clan had in him, all for his own agenda and pettiness. He had fallen far from grace after the stunts he pulled in his last few moons as leader; she would be surprised if the forest didn't curse his name at the mere thought of him. The only thing keeping her from drowning the fallen leader out completely was Swiftheart. She had had it with that tom, but his sister was a blessing. "Our focus should be only on the cats who remain in our ranks. We can't afford to think of anyone else until we know why any of this is happening." She addressed Leopardstar directly, her green eyes meeting her mothers. "His scorn for ShadowClan isn't a secret. I will say this now: I will not be on board should you find him and want to bring him back here; his true colors have already been shown more than once. Just leave him."

She didn't look at her mentor as she spoke. An alliance with WindClan...? It felt like betrayal just hearing the suggestion. She could stomach SkyClan. Never WindClan. Just because instigaters were gone, didn't mean the hurt was too. "...I wouldn't set aside creating an alliance with SkyClan, but right now isn't ideal. We haven't built up any trust after Nightstalker, and we don't know how everyone else is fairing - or if we even have anything left to give in return. But it would be something to keep on paw for the future. Remaining neutral would be ideal. That I agree with."

She watched as Leopardstar mulled over the prophecy, thoughts tumbling over each other as she tried to make sense of it. Her eyes trailed off to linger on Sablestrike as her mother spoke, before they eventually moved back to Leopardstar. "It was hard to make out the landscape, not even the clouds would sit still. Everything was tinted orange and pink, and the sun split into two. It wasn't night yet the stars were out... All of them red." Heatherberry looked to Burdock for reassurance, glad to have the she-cat with her. She recalled the disturbed wailing and gurgling sounds that were replaced with silence that was somehow louder than the shrieks. "A single cat approached. Small. It's eyes glassed over, yet it still seemed to know where I stood. As it spoke, blood poured from its eyes, ears and nose before falling to the ground with a heartbreaking sob." It took a moment for Heatherberry to realize that she hadn't shed a single tear. The nightmarish vision had her bawling for several nights afterwards, but now she just stood like stone as if she were telling kits a scary story. How... Odd.

"The other medicine cats seemed just as shaken when it was over. It would be safe to say that this was not exclusive to ShadowClan, but maybe Burdockroot will have more to add? Did that cat come back? Did the others react in any way afterwards?"

won't you shake a poor sinners hand?:

never let your guard down [c] JGgdMsS never let your guard down [c] JGg3TFt  never let your guard down [c] JGg3GK7 never let your guard down [c] JGg2WjR

never let your guard down [c] JcTsSP1  never let your guard down [c] JcnAVnI never let your guard down [c] Grub_f10never let your guard down [c] JaZZNs4
click photos for profiles | sprites by Aspen!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: never let your guard down [c]   never let your guard down [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

never let your guard down [c]
Page 1 of 1