Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Minecraftnerd

Minecraftnerd

Characters : (A)shfeather, (O)akfall, (C)edarpaw, (S)ootcloud, (N)ightfoot
Clan/Rank : (A): Riverclan NAW (O): Windclan NAW (C): Thunderclan apprentice (N): Shadowclan NAW (S): Shadowclan NAW
Number of posts : 310

Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open) Empty
PostSubject: Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open)   Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open) EmptyThu 29 Jun 2017 - 17:50

Oakpaw woke from the apprentice den, excited about the prospect of being an apprentice. Looking around, he didn't see his mentor, so he decided to get some fighting practice. He hunkered down behind the apprentice den, and began to wait.
Back to top Go down
Steam

Steam

Characters : [T]alonstrike(M,WC),[S]ootpaw(F,WC)[Sw]irlpaw(M,TC) [D]aypaw(M,SC)[R]ushkit(M,RC)
Clan/Rank : T{WindClan Young Warrior} S{WindClan Apprentice} Sw{ThunderClan Apprentice} D{ShadowClan kit} R{RiverClan Kit}
Cancer Dragon
Number of posts : 322

PostSubject: Re: Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open)   Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open) EmptyThu 29 Jun 2017 - 18:07

Talonpaw slipped out of the den, yawning. Dumb old Slatethroat hasn't taught me anything, he thought, scowling, if he doesn't hurry up, I guess I'll just have to teach myself how to be a warrior. He almost laughed out loud at the thought. As if. I couldn't fight a butterfly, and right now, the only thing I can catch is a cold. The young tom chuckled to himself, pausing to clean himself temporarily.

As his eyes adjusted to the brightness of the day, he glanced around his surroundings, embracing the feeling of the warm greenleaf wind against his fur. His eyes caught the shape of a familiar pelt sitting behind the apprentice den. Oakpaw, he realized, his head cocking to the side slightly. His friend seemed patient and idle, as if he was waiting for something. "Hey, Oakpaw. Whatcha sitting there for?" he called, eyeing the apprentice skeptically.

Swirlpaw

Sootpaw

Rushkit

Daykit
Back to top Go down
Minecraftnerd

Minecraftnerd

Clan/Rank : (A): Riverclan NAW (O): Windclan NAW (C): Thunderclan apprentice (N): Shadowclan NAW (S): Shadowclan NAW

PostSubject: Re: Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open)   Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open) EmptyThu 29 Jun 2017 - 18:19

Oakpaw grimaced, his stealth attack was ruined. Sighing, he knew there was only one thing to do. Leaning back on his haunches, and pounced. "Waiting for you!" he meowed.
Back to top Go down
Steam

Steam

Characters : [T]alonstrike(M,WC),[S]ootpaw(F,WC)[Sw]irlpaw(M,TC) [D]aypaw(M,SC)[R]ushkit(M,RC)
Clan/Rank : T{WindClan Young Warrior} S{WindClan Apprentice} Sw{ThunderClan Apprentice} D{ShadowClan kit} R{RiverClan Kit}
Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open)   Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open) EmptyThu 29 Jun 2017 - 18:27

"What in the-" Talonpaw's exclamation was cut short as he went immediately into defense mode, doing his best to leap out of the way, rolling to the right. He winced instinctively as he realized he wasn't quick enough, catching an unsheathed paw. He quickly sprung back to his paws, trying to look unfazed. If we were actually fighting, he thought, I'd have just taken a nasty strike. He grunted, glaring daggers at Oakpaw."Really? Right here?" he asked," You should've attacked me where no one would see me kick your butt." He smiled at his taunt. He honestly didn't know if he could beat Oakpaw. He was only a few days from being a kit, completely wet behind the ears when it came to fighting. He wouldn't show that though.

Swirlpaw

Sootpaw

Rushkit

Daykit

Last edited by DaySteam on Sun 2 Jul 2017 - 20:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Minecraftnerd

Minecraftnerd

PostSubject: Re: Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open)   Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open) EmptyFri 30 Jun 2017 - 6:43

Oakpaw's eyes slitted. Him playing around as a kit was one thing, but as an apprentice, there was honor to be won. Pawing the dirt, he replied, "Are you sure about that, Talonkit?" He hissed. "Wait, oh yeah, your an apprentice. You don't fight like one though." With this, he lunged at Talonpaw, and the battle began.
Back to top Go down
Steam

Steam

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open)   Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open) EmptyFri 30 Jun 2017 - 8:14

Talonpaw scowled at Oakpaw, deeply flustered by his friend's comment. He didn't show it though. "Yeah, I don't fight like an apprentice," he snapped back quickly,"I fight like a warrior!" Talonpaw lunged back as well, using his legs to leap with all of his might. He had hoped that he could counter the impact of Oakpaw's blow with his own attack.

Swirlpaw

Sootpaw

Rushkit

Daykit
Back to top Go down
Minecraftnerd

Minecraftnerd

PostSubject: Re: Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open)   Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open) EmptyFri 30 Jun 2017 - 8:44

Ooc: Oooh nice comeback.

Ic: Oakpaw was shocked when Talonpaw struck back, and unfortunately, as he wasn't planning anything more than a lunge, he collided with him in mid air, falling to the ground. Talonpaw's claws, as well as his own, were unsheathed, and he knew that Talonpaw felt similar stings on his face from the slashes. Growling, he rose, his tail twitching. "Oh, you are so on!" He meowed, charging once again, paws seeking a strike.
Back to top Go down
Steam

Steam

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open)   Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open) EmptyFri 30 Jun 2017 - 8:57

Talonpaw felt the air rush out of his lungs as he collided with Oakpaw in the air. The impact stunned him for a little bit, but the tom made sure to get to his paws quickly. As he flexed his claws reflexively, he felt a slight sting on his right foreleg and chest. He didn't have time to inspect, however, as Oakpaw had charged again. All Talonpaw had to see was the glint of his claws in the light to understand that this meant business. Oakpaw moved much quicker, now, a fire seeming to have been sparked inside of him. Talonpaw rushed at him as well before moving to roll out of the way at the last second. However, his paw had been caught on a branch that had fallen on the ground. The tom yelped in surrpise as he stumbled and fell into Oakpaw.

Swirlpaw

Sootpaw

Rushkit

Daykit
Back to top Go down
Minecraftnerd

Minecraftnerd

PostSubject: Re: Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open)   Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open) EmptyFri 30 Jun 2017 - 10:23

Once again, the apprentices collided, neither really making a good move as they slid and fell. Oakpaw growled fiercely. Reaching out, he grabbed Talonpaw's tail and pulled hard.
Back to top Go down
Steam

Steam

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open)   Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open) EmptyFri 30 Jun 2017 - 12:45

"Ow!" yowled Talonpaw, the nerves in his tail exploding in pain as his tail was being yanked."You foxdunged mousebrain piece of scat!" He squeezed out of Oakpaw's grasp, trying to nurse his hurt tail."Oh, you are gonna get it now!" He pounced quickly at Oakpaw, barely giving himself enough time to recover.  He decided to aim for the ear this time. You take my tail? I take your ear!

Swirlpaw

Sootpaw

Rushkit

Daykit
Back to top Go down
Minecraftnerd

Minecraftnerd

PostSubject: Re: Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open)   Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open) EmptyFri 30 Jun 2017 - 13:02

Ooc: This is getting fierce! Nice cat swearing! ;-)

Oakpaw yowled as his ear was grabbed and torn by Talonpaw. It wasn't horrible, but he knew there was a nick he would have for a while. Perhaps even life. Seething, he got up off the ground, attempting to circle his opponent. He then realized that Talonpaw matched him, if not was better then him at battle, his size was unbeatable. There was one tactic left to try. Sighing, he made it look like he admitted defeat, making his body sag as he stumbled around. He hoped to lure Talonpaw in and at the last second pounce and pin him. Unfortunately, he had no idea whether or not the other apprentice would fall for the trap.
Back to top Go down
Steam

Steam

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open)   Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open) EmptyFri 30 Jun 2017 - 20:37

OOC: Thanks!

Talonpaw watched as Oakpaw's body language slumped. The apprentice began to stumble around, looking dazed. Did I hit him that hard? he thought, a smirk on his face. He inspected his friend's ear, marveling at the tiny nick he created. Oops, thought Talonpaw, Didn't mean to actually tear his ear like that... The tom felt bad, but the stinging feeling still residing in his tail reminded him that the attack was well provoked.

"Don't worry, Oakpaw," Talonpaw chirped," I'll stop. I won't go so hard on you next time. I promise." He laughed at himself, most of his fighting tension gone. He felt somewhat bad about cussing out his friend earlier; It had been a little harsh. Now, watching his friend look terribly defeated, he felt the need to apologize for how serious he had taken it. He walked over to Oakpaw, about to apologize for his actions.

Swirlpaw

Sootpaw

Rushkit

Daykit
Back to top Go down
Minecraftnerd

Minecraftnerd

PostSubject: Re: Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open)   Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open) EmptySat 1 Jul 2017 - 15:40

Oakpaw smiled, his trap had worked. Pouncing on top of Talonpaw, he pinned him hard into the ground. "Don't worry," he purred, mocking the apprentices earlier words, "I'll stop. And don't worry, I won't go so hard on you next time, if there is a next time." Chuckling, he glared down at Talonpaw. A bit of remorse started to eat away at his brain, Talonpaw was his friend there was no need for this. But at the same time, he still wanted to show he was the best. Yet at the same time, he knew strength was sometimes admitting weakness. Stepping down from off the top of him, his shoulders slumped again, but for a different reason. "I'm sorry," he meowed sadly, "I wanted to prove myself, and I got carried away. Tie?" He put out his paw.
Back to top Go down
Steam

Steam

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open)   Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open) EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 7:19

Talonpaw was completely stunned as Oakpaw pounced on him and pinned him. Oakpaw's words had frozen him even more. He slowly got to his paws, eyeing the apprentice for a short while. He then glanced at his paw. Talonpaw looked back at Oakpaw," Of course," he mewed, slapping at the other apprentice's paw with his own." That was genius, what you did. Completely got me." I'll let that little moment of triumph slide, thought Talonpaw slyly, If you do it again, though, I won't be so forgiving.

Swirlpaw

Sootpaw

Rushkit

Daykit
Back to top Go down
Minecraftnerd

Minecraftnerd

PostSubject: Re: Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open)   Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open) EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 10:56

Nodding, Oakpaw decided to grab a piece of prey from the pile, but all the while he watched Talonpaw. They may have been friends, but this wasn't over. Not yet.

Ooc: The Topic is Over
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open)   Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't let your guard down! (Semi-Open)
Page 1 of 1