Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Sisterly Love (closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1248

Sisterly Love (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Sisterly Love (closed)   Sisterly Love (closed) EmptyWed 5 Jul 2023 - 12:08

Copperlark had always seemed like an older sister. She had always been the one to look after Shrewpaw, randomly giving her pretty flowers such as the daisy that remained tucked behind her ear, and trying to groom her when Shrewpaw had rolled around in blood. Their bond ran deep which is why it made things that much harder for Shrewpaw to see her sister in such low spirits. Sure she had done things that she really shouldn't have, but what cat didn't mess up every now and then?

Copperlark was always there for her, and now it was Shrewpaw's turn to return the favor. The golden molly had spotted her sister and now forcefully nudged Copperlark around camp. Her once pretty coat had gone dull with neglect, and while she wasn't completely sure Shrewpaw suspected the warrior wasn't eating much at all. They stopped at the fresh-kill pile where the apprentice snatched a mouse. Hesitating for just a moment Shrewpaw picked another mouse, holding both by their tails as she pushed Copperlark toward a corner of the camp. They would have peace here. "Sit." She commanded, placing the mice in front of Copperlark. "We need to talk."

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

Sisterly Love (closed) Output12                   Sisterly Love (closed) Output10                          Sisterly Love (closed) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3220

PostSubject: Re: Sisterly Love (closed)   Sisterly Love (closed) EmptyWed 5 Jul 2023 - 16:33

Quiet people have the loudest minds

Copperlark let herself be herded around the camp, more curious than annoyed by her sister's behavior. If it had been any other cat, save for Amberpaw or Cedarstalk, she would have walked away without a word, but this was Shrewpaw. These little things could be forgiven, so long as they weren't repetitive. She sat down as asked, tail twitching as she noted the defient look in her sister's eyes and the small daisy still tucked behind her ear. It had begun to wilt, which was a reminder that she'll have find another one for her soon. "What do you want," She asked, then winced at how rude her words sounded. As if she was angry at Shrewpaw, but that... nevermind. "Is there something I can help you with?" She corrected. Shoot, now she sounded too formal.

Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)

PostSubject: Re: Sisterly Love (closed)   Sisterly Love (closed) EmptySun 9 Jul 2023 - 22:09

Copperlark's rude words almost felt like they cut Shrewpaw, but the apprentice tried to seem unfazed. Her sister was going through a lot right now that much was clear, she deserved to be a little rude, especially when her annoying sister had just been pushing her around. Copperlark's next sentence was only moderately better, and this time Shrewpaw couldn't hide the frown that tugged at her face. "I'm worried about you is all... You haven't been taking care of yourself lately, look at you! Your pelt is so pretty and you don't even groom it anymore. I bet you're not even eating much either. I don't care if you don't want to, you're going to eat these mice, and I'm going to groom your pelt for you..." Ugh! Shrewpaw hated trying to boss her sister around! It felt wrong, Copperlark should be the one doing this, not Shrewpaw!

"If you're okay with that... Um, no! Even if you're not! I wanna take care of you Copper! I want you to tell me what's wrong, I want you to talk to me!" Wetness pricked at the apprentice's eyes as she spoke. The purpose of this had been to take care of Copperlark, though at this point Shrewpaw felt like she was being more mean than anything.

MORE ART!!:

Sisterly Love (closed) Output12                   Sisterly Love (closed) Output10                          Sisterly Love (closed) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Sisterly Love (closed)   Sisterly Love (closed) EmptySun 9 Jul 2023 - 22:49

Copperlark watched Shrewpaw with a blank stare as she stumbled over heer words. The thought of anyone, even her sister, touching her, grooming her pelt sent a quessy feeling into the pits of her stomach. "I'll clean myself," She mumbled, bending down obediently to lick at her chest fur. It was matted, and took a few tugs to get the fur to untangle. She already has such short fur, only a cat like her could have managed to get them so tangled up. She worked on grooming her coat in silence, all too aware of Shrewpaw's presence. It was like a crowd was wtching her groom, not just her sister. Her ears flattened uncomfortably.

Former Staff
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Sisterly Love (closed)   Sisterly Love (closed) EmptyTue 11 Jul 2023 - 21:15

Now she didn't want Shrewpaw touching her? The apprentice could feel a weight pressing in her stomach as she watched Copperlark groom herself. Was she doing something wrong? It looked like her presence alone was upsetting the warrior, which only served to distress Shrewpaw further. "You know I love you, right Copper? More than mama and papa, more than the entire clan. Something's clearly upsetting you." Golden paws shuffled nervously in the sand. "Why are you acting like this? You've always been so bright and kind, but now you're..." making me feel bad for trying to help you. They were words she didn't dare speak, no matter how true they felt at this moment. Just leave her alone, you're annoying her like usual. Shrewpaw had been the one to push her sister around camp against her will, Copperlark's attitude was warranted in this situation.

The golden molly sat back on her haunches, her green gaze falling to the pair of mice. "You don't have to groom yourself, or eat if you don't want to. I'm sorry for making you do that, but can we at least talk?" Even if it was just for a little. Shrewpaw didn't want to leave her sister alone, no matter how annoying she was.

MORE ART!!:

Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Sisterly Love (closed)   Sisterly Love (closed) EmptyTue 11 Jul 2023 - 22:41

"More than mama and papa, more than the entire clan"

I know. Stop it. I know! Copperlark closed her eyes for a heartbeat, trying to keep her emotions in check. "I know," She whispered. Those words didn't feel comforting at all. They felt like an accusation of all the things that she had failed to do. That she couldn't do. "I love you too," She wanted to say, but those words would never come. They felt too much like letting her guard down, like being vulnerable. It gave her a queasy feeling that made her want to just get away.

"No- I- I mean-" The words weren't coming. Copperlark couldn't the words, even though it felt like it was right on the tip of her tongue. "You can talk- we can talk. I'm sorry, it's just..." Her voice trailed off. The tortoiseshell starred at her paws, unable to find any more words. Fustration worked it's way into her. She was fustrated at herself, fustrated at her clanmates, Cloudychase, everyone. She wanted to smash their faces to pulp, to make sure they never said a word again- but she couldn't. She'd never have the guts to, because she was just a lying, useless coward.

"Shrewpaw, whatever happens, I love you too."

A lie. That was it. She had lied to her sister, lied about her love. There was no denying it: she was a monster.

PostSubject: Re: Sisterly Love (closed)   Sisterly Love (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sisterly Love (closed)
Page 1 of 1