Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

once upon a summer (open)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

once upon a summer (open) Empty
PostSubject: once upon a summer (open)   once upon a summer (open) EmptyTue 27 Jun 2023 - 11:08

The summer day was warm, but not unpleasantly so. It made Felix's normal routine of waiting that much less boring. Sun soaked into his dark pelt as he lay on the grass, allowing his mind to go blank, idly wondering if it was time yet for him to move elsewhere. Though there were many good parts of town in this area, he had wished to visit Annette once more. He was a wanderer by nature; lingering in one place for so long felt odd. But every time he considered that, he remembered Mist Paw. He remembered Perch. He remembered that his kits--their kits--lived just across that border. How many were there? How many daughters did he have? Sons? Did they all resemble their mother, or were any similar to him? He had always been weaker than her.  Was she simply so powerful that every kit would be silvery and cold? The questions were interesting to ponder, and they made quiet thrills run through him. And so he lingered.

But time moved on. The loner felt his stomach begin to rumble as he let the sun-drenched moments pass by. Thankfully, this area was one of the best for hunting. Given that it just barely was beyond the border of the River Clan's hunting grounds, but far enough that small animals felt safe to live here, there were many options. It didn't take many moments of casual searching before he found one. A small mouse hiding next to the wall of a building, performing its own search for food so intently that it wouldn't notice him even if he walked up to it. But, of course, he wouldn't. Though rats were his preferred prey, mice were just as good. Felix dropped into his well-practiced hunting stance, remaining completely still aside from golden eyes that flickered as they watched the mouse's movements. It wouldn't detect him. Instead, he waited for it to approach--having decided to look elsewhere for edible seeds--before making his pounce.

His calculations had not been off. The mouse moved towards him, and at the very same moment, he leapt for it. His aim was true. He landed squarely on top of it, killing it quickly. A warm purr of pride rippled out from Felix as he considered his catch. He was still as good a hunter as ever. Now, if only his sparring skills could match that of the wild cats... well, he would feel accomplished indeed. In the meantime, he settled down on a softer patch of grass, beginning to eat his meal.

Felix successfully caught a mouse. -3 SP

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~

Last edited by Ash on Tue 27 Jun 2023 - 11:23; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15017

PostSubject: once upon a summer (open)   once upon a summer (open) EmptyTue 27 Jun 2023 - 11:08

The member 'Ash' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

once upon a summer (open) Mistpe10
once upon a summer (open) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
zenpaii
Former Staff
Former Staff
zenpaii

Characters : [♠] ✞ Scorchtalon (W), [♞] ✞ Sootwhisker (SC), [♥] ✞ Sagepaw (W), [♣] Plumleaf (SKC), [♛] Beetleshade (T), [♚] Applespark (SC), [♜] Mudshriek (WC), [T]Tinyshadow (RC), [I]Irispaw (TC), [R]Rainpaw (WC), [S]Spider (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : [♠] ✞ Windclan (T5 Warrior), [♞] ✞ Shadowclan (T3 Warrior), [♥] ✞ Windclan (App), [♣] Skyclan (Tier 2 Hybrid Medicine Cat), [♛] Thunderclan (T5 Warrior), [♚] Shadowclan (T1 Warrior) [♜] Windclan (T2 Warrior), [T] Riverclan (T1 Warrior)
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 651

PostSubject: Re: once upon a summer (open)   once upon a summer (open) EmptyTue 27 Jun 2023 - 15:05

Tinypaw had spent almost the entirety of that clear, beautiful greenleaf day training with his mentor, and he was looking forward to resting his paws once he returned from his current patrol. It seemed like he rarely got a moment to himself these days, between training with Stormdance and patrolling and spending time with his clanmates, so at the first opportunity he padded off on his own, close enough to his patrolmates that he could call out to them if he needed to. However, as he approached the border, he noticed an unfamiliar cat scent lingering in the air. It was very fresh, as though this cat had just recently passed, if they weren't still nearby. Thankfully, it didn't seem like the loner had crossed over into Riverclan territory, but Tinypaw still found himself following the scent out of pure curiosity. He soon came face to face with a rather smug looking tom whose thick black pelt closely resembled his own. The loner didn't notice Tinypaw's approach, too busy munching on a plump mouse that hopefully hadn't been caught on Riverclan territory.

"Hello." He called in a neutral tone. The cat hadn't been trespassing so Tinypaw saw no need to be hostile, though he was curious what they were doing so close to the border. "What brings you so close to Riverclan's territory, stranger?" He asked, unable to keep his curiosity from showing in his voice. He'd always admired his mother's ability to mask what she was feeling, though he'd never quite mastered the skill himself.

plotting pages | character profiles
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

PostSubject: Re: once upon a summer (open)   once upon a summer (open) EmptyTue 27 Jun 2023 - 15:25

Mistwalker
“Are you listening?”

One of Tinypaw's patrolmates had just so happened to be his sister. The warrior had little better to do, and had taken up just about any opportunity possible to be able to patrol near the Twolegplace farm. Something about the onyx tom she had met there found her curiosity, trapping it in a cage that was somehow even more deadly than the traps she had heard about. Part of her had felt a need to keep an eye out for a literal trap of that sort, even though they had been dismantled long before her birth. Such evidence was in the fact that she now walked the forest with her full warrior name, never having even come across such a fiendish creation.

Her feathered tail seemed to lift on a silent breeze at the sound of her brother's voice, her two-toned head lifting with a now-roused curiosity. Stranger? The question instantly seemed to draw her in, pulling her away from the territory marker that she had been thoroughly re-scenting. It had gotten somewhat muddied as of recent times, the scent that she recognized deep down still calling to her. Confusing her.

Mistwalker blinded as she followed the sound of Tinypaw's voice. "Who did you find, brother?" While there was hope that tinged at the very outermost corner of her words, she found herself drawing in. Right back to that very mask of Perchstar's, her head rising taller. Shoulders becoming more tense as it pushed her into that regal image of the leader's daughter. The one who had earned her warrior name first of her siblings, not the one that had nearly wasted away in the medicine den to the fate of an illness. Part of her couldn't help but thank the stars for that very fact, that she now stood to continue to walk the forest. There were still conversations left unfinished. Mysteries left unsolved that floated at the back of her mind on an idle day.

However, if you wish to return again, then I may tell you my name. I will be more likely to do so if... if you bring your siblings.

One of those mysteries swirled deep, deep down as the familiar pelt of raven fur came into view. Her instinct was to brush it off as the wrong cat, to stifle the hope that wanted to rise up, up, up. Instead, she pushed it right back down. Down, down down, squashed beneath her own metaphorical paws. It still seemed to break free, roiling and rippling as she studied the tom further. Took in his scent, only to be reminded of it yet again. Something far away, foreign. It stung her nose, much like the scent of twoleg-made objects. Yet... the faintest glimmer of recognition. One look right at her brother told her as much, stirred her memory of some sort of connection. It felt too far away, too much to truly draw the pieces together that she felt like she should have known. A murky reflection, at best. No- it was just the fact that she had interacted with this particular stranger before.

"Oh. Hello, nameless one." The words found themselves answering her surprise before she could fully stifle it. Mistwalker's gaze stayed on Tinypaw. Her body language spoke an invitation for a polite conversation, but also protection. Ever so slightly, her chin dipped downward, just as her feathered tail seemed to find its way along the ground in an arc that served as a shield behind her sibling. It wasn't that Tinypaw needed it, but instead was the warrior fulfilling the duties of her position. She would let her brother guide, but not hesitate to keep him out of harms way if the Stars so decreed that tensions would rise. Deep down, though... through that swirling mist of her true thoughts and feelings, she knew they wouldn't. "Tinypaw, I've seen him before. But never got his name." Simple facts spoken, to inform her kin of just why she spoke in the way she did.

code by kiiko • edited by kitty

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

PostSubject: Re: once upon a summer (open)   once upon a summer (open) EmptyFri 7 Jul 2023 - 19:01

Felix's ear flicked once, twitching at the sound of approaching pawsteps. Not just one cat, but at least two. Wonderful. The only thing that could make this meal better was some company! He swallowed the mouthful he had, getting to his feet and looking up to meet the gaze of the approaching tom whose voice he heard--then he stopped. For a moment he thought he might be looking at a miniature version of himself. The long black fur... but no, there was a patch of white on the nose. And eyes. Those blue eyes, nearly the very same shade as....

The loner only managed to shake himself from his frozen state when he noticed the other cat behind his doppelganger. Flowing, silvery fur. Familiarly imperious bearing. It seemed that Mist Paw had returned. Felix blinked once to clear his mind, then offered another slow blink of recognition. Had she remembered their earlier conversation, as he did? Replayed it in her mind just as often? Or was this simply a coincidence?

He had asked her to bring her siblings. He remembered her using the plural form of the world. However, for now--unless there were any more hiding in the bushes--he saw only the two of them. Mist Paw called the tom who he now named her brother... his son... Tiny Paw. Being called "nameless one" would have had him chuffing good-naturedly if he had not been thrown so off-balance by the sudden appearance of his pond-reflection, but Felix did his best to recuperate. His golden eyes glimmered as he looked at them both. "Greetings again, Mist Paw. And it is good to meet you... Tiny Paw, was it?" My son. I have a son and a daughter. How about the others? Are there any others? It was excruciating not to know. But he kept the needle prick of pain buried deep within him for now. It would not do to frighten them away by revealing himself so early, especially if this was not all of them. "Siblings, I see. I suppose I ought to deliver on my end of the bargain then. My name is Felix." He looked at Mist Paw directly, gaze glimmering, trying to catch any hint of recognition on her features. Would Perch have told them about him? Or would she have forgotten him so completely, so utterly? She never did look back... Not once. "Have you any other siblings?" he asked calmly, innocently, trying not to let his curiosity overwhelm him. A son. A daughter. Tiny Paw. Mist Paw. It was a lot to take in.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

PostSubject: Re: once upon a summer (open)   once upon a summer (open) EmptyFri 28 Jul 2023 - 8:03

Mistwalker
“Are you listening?”

He... had remembered her name? The molly gave a bewildered blink for a passing moment, shuffling on surprised paws. Though, it was a name that had been in the past. She had since moved beyond that small title, come into something much more fuller and regal. "I have earned my full name since we last spoke, it is Mistwalker now." A single glimmer of pride came and went in that otherwise impervious blue gaze of hers, just enough to provide the context to the tom that it was something to celebrate. She was unsure just how much of their ways that he knew, but the fact that he had continued to stick around certainly surprised her. Not enough to show it beyond that blink, though thankfully, his attention had seemed to remain on her brother.

Then... he upheld his bargain.

Felix.

The name was certainly odd on her tongue, foreign. He certainly was no clan cat, though the nickname of 'nameless one' was one she had grown fond of. Having to replace it instead of keep it was somewhat saddening, but it satisfied her deeply to know just what he was called. It tugged at something deep within her, something she could not quite place. That sensation was simply lost to the further mists as he asked his question. Just how much did she trust this tom? Instinct told her to trust him significantly. Training told her to shred him apart, fur by fur. Though he had never stepped onto true Riverclan territory, not yet earning her wrath. "Yes. Sisters." She affirmed. No names slipped her tongue, nor a number. Tinypaw had been revealed simply by association, and she had profited from the exchange in turn... "Two sisters." There. He knew there were four. That surely was enough information to have shared in exchange for his name.

"Felix..." Mistwalker tested out his name, puzzled at the way the syllables came together. Certainly, it wouldn't be leaving her mind anytime soon. "You remembered me. I did not expect that."

code by kiiko • edited by kitty

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: once upon a summer (open)   once upon a summer (open) Empty

Back to top Go down

once upon a summer (open)
Page 1 of 1