Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Firepaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2483

Firepaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Firepaw's Moonstone Journey   Firepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri Feb 03, 2023 6:01 pm

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdstar

Just as she had for Foxpaw, Birdstar returned to the apprentice's den alongside the early morning light. She was still a bit weary from the trip just a day or so prior, but a leader's work was never done– especially not when she was shouldering some of the medicine cat's burden, as well. A sorrowful look drifted towards Plumleaf's den, restored from the damage the great shaking had wreaked, the fresh nest inside left empty. Her ears lowered, but Birdstar quickly shook herself out. Clenching her jaw around the mouthful of herbs, she looked away from the medicine den and stepped into the apprentice's.

Finding Firepaw quickly, she lowered herself to place the bundle of herbs by his head. "Morning," she mumbled as she nudged his shoulder with a paw. Straightening out and whisking her tail, she stated, "I'll be outside. Eat those first, then we have a long walk for today," before stepping out of the den.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Characters : [C]reekpaw
Clan/Rank : [C] RC Apprentice
Pisces Monkey
Number of posts : 1198

PostSubject: Re: Firepaw's Moonstone Journey   Firepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri Feb 03, 2023 8:32 pm

Nudged to consciousness by a large paw, Firepaw opened his amber eyes to see none other than Birdstar herself standing over him. There was a brief moment of internal panic and large eyes before he registered the bundle of herbs placed near him. Then he understood. With a silent nod, the tom got to his paws, and began licking up the most disgusting things he had ever had in his entire life. He had heard the tales though, of apprentices getting a bundle of herbs. Then they got to go and visit with Starclan. So he swallowed them stoically, doing his best to make little noise, as he was still near his fellow apprentices.

As soon as the herbs were downed, Firepaw stepped out of the den next to Birdstar. He was excited to go, but terrified to speak. He didn't even know what to say to the other apprentices, let alone his leader! Quietly, he finally asked, "Is this my journey to the Highstones?" It was better than staying silent.

Firepaw's Moonstone Journey Downlo46

Creekpaw♀ | Apprentice | Riverclan | 20/60 | #666d96
Character Profiles (WIP)
* disabled stats | signature made by felidaze's cool cat creator!
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Firepaw's Moonstone Journey   Firepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 12:30 am

The ruddy apprentice appeared quickly enough, and Birdstar gave him a little nod of greeting when he showed up at her side. Rising to her paws, she quietly lead them out of camp, ear flicking in his direction when he spoke. "Oh, sorry. I left that out, didn't I?" She laughed, quiet but genuine. Shaking her head over her own blunder, she looked down towards Firepaw and steadily answered, "Yes, it is. That's what the herbs were for– sorry, I know they're bitter. But we're one of the farthest Clans from Highstones, and they'll help to keep us going until we get there. You don't want to pass out before seeing the Moonstone, you know?"

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Firepaw's Moonstone Journey   Firepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 9:24 pm

Feeling more at ease over Birdstar's chuckle, Firepaw did his best to keep at her side, rather than slightly behind. "No, I don't. That would be embarrassing!" Hardly had he ever implied he would be embarrassed about something, so important to the tom was his appearance of stoicism in the face of his anxieties. Perhaps Birdstar just had that effect on cats though. "I just want to be the best I can be... I haven't decided on anything I want to be good at, so maybe Starclan will help me figure it out. I just train and hope for the best, so, I guess it'll be nice to have guidance before I become a warrior, but that's what this is for right?" The tom spoke idly, but the question was intentional. He only knew about the Moonstone from what he had heard from other apprentices... well overheard.

Suddenly the tom's fur heated as he realized he had said probably way too many words. It wasn't often he was comfortable speaking with someone he barely knew, and the realization that he barely knew Birdstar hit him like a monster on the Thunderpath. Quietly, he added, "S-sorry, you don't have to answer."

Character Profiles (WIP)
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Firepaw's Moonstone Journey   Firepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat Feb 11, 2023 6:01 am

An amused purr rumbled out of Birdstar's throat at Firepaw's stuttered apology. Her tail flicked in his direction, and she mused, "Unless you start asking how many lives I have left, I'm happy to answer your questions, Firepaw. Be a shame if your leader couldn't keep up with idle conversation, wouldn't it?" There was humor in her tone, and she let the words sit in the air for a second as they walked along, the sound of crunching snow the only thing to fill the brief quiet. After a bit, "Yes, that's what this is for. But, StarClan can't tell you exactly who– or what –to be." Her mind drifted back to her own trip to the Moonstone, the way she spat over her half-sister's calm advice. A sad laugh followed the memory. "You have to actually listen to what they tell you, though. When I was your age, I was a terror. A temper I hadn't learned how to control, everything happening between us and RiverClan... a terror, I tell you. It was my half-sister that spoke to me then, told me I needed to reign myself in. Too much like our mother for anyone's good." A wistful smile lifted her maw, and Birdstar found her gaze drifting to search through the trees, half-hoping Beechfang would show up out of the blue to pad alongside them. "Of course, I didn't pay her any mind. I might have leapt at her, if I had a few more feathers between my ears. It took becoming Birdstar to realize she was only trying to help. I'm sure I would have spared myself a lot of stress if I hadn't been too stubborn to listen when I was young... or, younger."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Firepaw's Moonstone Journey   Firepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 8:24 pm

Firepaw listened thoughtfully, quietly padding next to the much larger cat. "...I'm good at listening, at least. I'm too quiet usually not to be. I just want to be the best I can be, but it's hard when there's no focus to it." Falling silent for a moment, the ginger apprentice wondered what else he should say, before a question came to mind. "Did you want to be a leader, when you were a kit? Every apprentice I know has played at being leader at least once... well at least the vocal ones. I never really could speak up. I still hate it, barely speak to clanmates I do know, and even less to the ones I don't." His words, through the end, became tainted with bitterness. It was hard to want things, but not be able to speak up and do it. He wasn't shy, just... afraid to speak, afraid to be heard. The tom still wasn't quite sure why he was talking about this with Birdstar, but it wasn't as if he wasn't going to speak the entire time. Maybe she would be able to give more guidance than Starclan, they were always so cryptic anyway.

Character Profiles (WIP)
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Firepaw's Moonstone Journey   Firepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 7:02 am

"Listening is a good skill," Birdstar offered softly, though she went quiet after that to listen to him talk. She was quiet for a long while after he finished, save for a thoughtful humming, until she decided what to say. "Do you want to know a secret?" Her voice was a low whisper, like there were others padding alongside them. "No. Played leader as a kit, yes, but... I never really wanted it. I was a bit scared, honestly, when Briarstar announced me as her deputy. You know," her head tilted to the side again, looking quizzical, "I don't like talking much, either. Or... didn't. It's gotten easier, especially since becoming leader. Never have been good at small talk, though." Birdstar went quiet again, dwelling. The weather, she could never manage a conversation about... but apparently at addressing little insecurities, she was. "You don't have to say much, or anything. Listening and wanting to be good– not the best, but just good –is enough. That's what I've learned to do. You... almost remind me of myself, without the spitting temper. You'll be a good warrior, Firepaw."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Firepaw's Moonstone Journey   Firepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 5:46 pm

Firepaw's ears couldn't help but perk up a bit at Birdstar's words. "Thanks... I'll keep that in mind. At least if Starclan isn't able to give me something good, you've helped." Padding carefully so as to not lose his footing on the increasingly rocky ground, the ginger tom spoke up once more. "You said you were scared, to be named deputy, that the fear has gone away a bit. I know it has gotta be different for everyone but... it's nice knowing that this fear can go away." His fluffy tail moved suddenly as he fought to keep his balance, almost tripping on a rock. Exasperated by his near fall, Firepaw couldn't help but ask, "We've gotta be close, right?"

Character Profiles (WIP)
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Firepaw's Moonstone Journey   Firepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 8:18 am

A flash of surprise briefly lit Birdstar's eyes and her ears sat upright at Firepaw's words. She didn't think her ramblings would have actually been insightful, or that it might end up being more helpful than StarClan's own wisdom. Warm pride filled her chest. "It'll never go away entirely. For me it hasn't, at least. But... yes, it does get easier. And maybe a bit of healthy fear is what keeps us alive." She shrugged mildly, and didn't expound upon the point further as they continued to walk along. She hadn't even noticed the change in terrain underpaw until Firepaw stumbled and spoke up again, and she tilted her head in concern before refocusing ahead. "Oh. Yes, actually. That big pile of rocks right ahead is where we're headed." She laughed a little at the thought she might have walked nose-first into Highstones and pressed onward.

"Watch your step. The rocks might be loose, and there may be ice under the snow. Don't fall." Without waiting for her instruction to sink in, Birdstar dragged herself onto the stones, clambering her way upwards. Well, that was easier than last time. She mused with a snort. She waited a few moments for Firepaw to press his breath before padding over to the dark passage into Mothermouth. "It's... a little tight, in the tunnels. And dark. Just use your whiskers and stay close to me." Nodding, Birdstar ducked into the tunnels. She hated how her fur scraped against the rocks, hated how the passages seemed to squeeze her in places, but she pressed through without much grumbling and before long, the glow of the Moonstone spilled out before them. Her nose wrinkled instinctively at the sight of it, and the still cold in the cavern seeped through her fur. Shaking herself out and smoothing her expression, she waved Firepaw towards it with a wave of her tail. "Go, sit. Just lay down and put your nose to it. StarClan will knock you out and find you soon, then. I'll be right here in the morning."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Firepaw's Moonstone Journey   Firepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun Feb 26, 2023 11:09 am

Carefully putting his paws on the rocks, Firepaw continued to climb after Birdstar. He was being careful, but that didn't stop the tom from nearly ending up tail over head more than once. Thankfully, he was able to keep his balance and reached the entrance without too much trouble. He wrinkled his nose a bit at Birdstar's comment, that it would be dark and cramped. He hated cramped spaces, and not being under the open sky, or at least close to it, was a foreign act. Regardless, this was how he would meet Starclan, inside these tunnels, so the ginger apprentice followed his large leader.

Before long, there was light. Firepaw knew they were close, and yet it still felt like they were so far from it. The tunnels, while it didn't take long to get through, felt as if they stretched on forever. Then he squeezed out into the opening, and it was dazzling. The Moonstone was incredible, and his amber eyes turned to slits in the light. "I just put my nose to it? Huh, I thought it would be more complicated." The tom couldn't help but comment on Birdstar's instruction, before doing as instructed. It was cold, and before long drowsiness settled over him. Firepaw was out like a light, and wondered what Starclan would bring him...

Character Profiles (WIP)
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7377

PostSubject: Re: Firepaw's Moonstone Journey   Firepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun Feb 26, 2023 1:12 pm

It had been quite a while since Foxfire had gotten an interest in speaking to any SkyClan cat - he was content to spend his afterlife in the company of his mate and kits, watching SkyClan every once in a while. But...Here he was, stars glittering in his pelt as he approached where young Firepaw had appeared within the star-lit fields of StarClan. His yellow eyes were bright, his expression cheery despite the scars that lined his face and body - all scars he proudly bared even if he shivered at the memory of when he had received them. If he had a tail, it would be lashing in excitement - but instead the small nub of fur that replaced it was twitching as he came to a stop, tilting his head with a grin.

"Hello there, Firepaw," he purred, feeling joy at getting to actually speak with a living cat for once. He hadn't realized how much he had missed it until this very moment - thought he wouldn't trade the moments with Flowerthorn within StarClan for anything. "My name is Foxfire - once a member of SkyClan like yourself. Not too far removed through - pawful of cats within SkyClan still who can remember my story, some born just moons after I joined the stars..." he paused, before he shook his head with a soft chuckle. "But enough about me - that isn't why either of us are here. Like all soon-to-be warriors, you have been granted an chance to speak with us - so..." He titled his head, twitching an ear. "Is there anything you wish advice on? To know? Or would you simply wish to talk - I am happy to provide whatever I can to help SkyClan's future."

Firepaw's Moonstone Journey ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon
TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Firepaw's Moonstone Journey   Firepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun Feb 26, 2023 1:35 pm

Amber eyes opened and took in the sight of the star-filled place. Laden with trees, prey, and... a cat approaching him excitedly. Firepaw was in Starclan alright, and couldn't help but suddenly feel like he shouldn't exist in the space. As Foxfire began his story, the apprentice looked at his scars, the nub of a tail. This was an experienced warrior... or at least one that had gotten lucky in battle enough times.

"H-hi." Was all the tom could squeak out for a moment. Meeting new cats had never been his strong suit. It had taken an entire day's worth of travel to feel at ease with Birdstar, and suddenly he was supposed to ask an ancestor of his clan for advice! "I, uh, I want to know... I want to know what I should be good at. No cat is ever the best warrior in the clans, and I don't want to be that, but I want cats in Skyclan to look at me and- and just know that I'm good at something. Any help there?" His tail fidgeted awkwardly as he sat, brushing against the strange luminescent ground he sat upon.

Character Profiles (WIP)
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Firepaw's Moonstone Journey   Firepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun Feb 26, 2023 1:50 pm

Foxfire titled his head, an amused smile on his face. Ah, the dream of nearly every apprentice and warrior. He wasn't surprised - and settled onto the ground, folding his front paws over each other. "Well then - I could certainly offer you fighting, hunting or even climbing tips but that doesn't quite matter if it isn't something you desire. Is there anything that you would say you are good at, or have interest in? Being a warrior is more about any of those skills I just listed - is there anything you would say is a strength of yours? As small as it might be, as...Useless as you might consider it - I am sure we could figure something out."

TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Firepaw's Moonstone Journey   Firepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun Feb 26, 2023 2:42 pm

"That's the problem!" Firepaw exclaimed, fears, for a moment, ignored. "I don't know, and Birdstar said that obviously, you can't tell me because that's not something Starclan would know, and it's hard because I don't really think I'm good at much of anything but listening because I hate talking to strangers, so I just listen a lot!" A heavy sigh coming from his chest, Firepaw looked at his paws, embarrassed. "...sorry, that was a lot."

Character Profiles (WIP)
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Firepaw's Moonstone Journey   Firepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun Feb 26, 2023 3:21 pm

A soft rumble of laughter escaped Foxfire as the tom vented, giving him a soft, gentle smile. "Well, sounds like you just told me what you are good at - listening," he meowed, before he shifted a paw to gently rest it on one of Firepaw's as he bent down his head to better meet the tom's gaze. "I have a mate, Flowerthorn. She means the world to me - when I was a panic, flighty tom shortly after gaining my warrior name...She was my rock - something I could look to for support, to lean on when I needed it," he breathed, thinking back on how she had once awkwardly supported him through a panic attack - unsure on what else to do but be there for him...But it had been enough.

"As much as cats hate to admit it - sometimes what they need is a cat like that in their life. Somebody they can lean on, have listen to their problems - and not always offer a way to fix it...But to simply understand them and let them get their feelings out. SkyClan..." he drifted off, giving a twitch of his whiskers as he glanced away sheepishly. "Well, they - we - have always had trouble being...Unwilling to be forthright with our emotions. Hiding things, afraid of burdening others or fearing they simply won't understand - that they will proclaim that everything is alright when it isn't. But you?" he meowed, turning back to Firepaw with a large smile. "I see a cat who can listen to their doubts, their fears. To be their solid foundation to lean on - but always be sure that you can find somebody to return the favor. Let cats share their burdens with you, but be sure never to try to support those burdens on your own."

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Firepaw's Moonstone Journey   Firepaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Firepaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1