Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Adderpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2840

Adderpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Adderpaw's Moonstone Journey   Adderpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 15 Aug 2022 - 16:17

Batsong sat quietly in her med den thinking about the recent events... Goldenpaw had died.... there was absolutely nothing that she could have done for him. He was dead before even getting back to camp. It didnt seem fair at all. She was the one tasked to protect windclan and she had failed Goldenpaw it felt like. She felt numb as she gathered the traveling herbs needed for their trip.

Heading over to the apprentice den, Daisybreeze was there... hovering over Goldenpaws empty nest.

Batsong called for adderpaw quietly and gave him the bitter tasting herbs taking hers as well. Batsong understood losing friends and family all too well... and knew there was not much anyone could ever say to make one feel any differently about it.

She gave adderpaw time to eat and then flicked her tail for him to follow along as she led him out of camp.

The quiet med cat had no idea what to say to the apprentice as they walked along towards their destination.

Lucky for the shy med cat it was relativly short distance, being in windclan they were closest to the spot.

It still felt like ages for them to get there. The death of golden had put a damper on all the clan and things just were different now.

When they finally arrived Batsong did her best to give adderpaw an encouraging smile. "end of the c-cave... t-touch your nose to the s-stone and d-dream" she instructed quietly.

She settled down in her usual spot by the entrence of the cave. From here on out, it was Adderpaw's journey.

She closed her eyes pretending to meditate but it was really to hide the tears she didnt want Adderpaw to see. Losing Goldenpaw and Birchkit's mother in such close timing had left her pretty down and hard on herself.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2483

PostSubject: Re: Adderpaw's Moonstone Journey   Adderpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 16 Aug 2022 - 3:53

Sleep had been hard to catch the last few days. Since Goldenpaw's arrival in camp– his body's arrival, rather –Adderpaw hadn't been able to close his eyes without seeing his friend sprawled and bloody on the earth. Daisybreeze's presence hadn't helped, either. She lingered shadow-like over her brother's former nest, lurking just in the corner of Adderpaw's vision, still and silent and staring. A few times, he'd considered talking to her, offering what little comfort he could. Something held him back every time though, so he resigned himself to laying in his own nest, just as still and silent and staring.

It wasn't until Batsong's arrival that he moved. He offered the medicine cat a slight nod when she came to get him, and he bent to take in the herbs she'd brought. They were bitter, and he made no attempt to hide the grimace that crossed his features, but he held himself back from spitting them out. Shaking the taste from his tongue, the apprentice rose to follow.

The journey felt impossibly long, and the silence between them only served to stretch the walk further, but WindClan was close to Highstones. It wasn't terribly long before spongy heather gave way to hard-packed earth, and soon properly unforgiving stones, and then they were climbing over the shale to stand in front of the entrance to Mothermouth. Batsong's instruction earned only a flick of Adderpaw's tail, and then the apprentice disappeared into the yawning dark. More than a few times, he thought he might have gotten lost, but the ancient grooves he could feel worn underpaw helped to guide his way. The clinging tunnels eventually opened, light spilling forth from the sharp appearance of the Moonstone. Even with his mind elsewhere, Adderpaw had to admit the sight was wondrous. He wondered if Flutterpaw had thought the same, or how long his brother had stared at it before settling down.

With a sigh, Adderpaw approached the stone, slowly folding his legs under his chest to lay down just before it. This close, the glow that radiated from it made his eyes narrow, so he simply screwed them shut and pressed his nose roughly to the smooth surface. In an instant, he felt chill wash over him, and his last thoughts were a silent thank you that he might finally get some rest as he drifted off.

When he opened his eyes again, he was convinced that there had been no Moonstone at all, and he'd been sleepwalking, instead. The world stretched out before him, wide and open and endless, impossibly bright, too. It looked like his home, the sprawling moorlands he'd slowly become so familiar with, but as Adderpaw peered around he realized there was no sun in the sky, and everything around him was spotted with stars. Settling back onto his haunches, the slight tom wrapped his slight paws around his paws to wait.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1528

PostSubject: Re: Adderpaw's Moonstone Journey   Adderpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 16 Aug 2022 - 6:38

Not a hair was out of place on the tom's pelt as he appeared before Adderpaw, a stark contrast to the state his mortal body was left in. Goldenpaw stepped towards the apprentice, blue eyes threatening to spill over with tears as he approached his dearest friend.

"Adderpaw." His voice was heavy with emotion. That one word, that name...If he was cursed to say only one thing for all eternity, it would be that. Goldenpaw sat down before him and bumped his head against the other's with a rumbling purr. "This may not mean much now, I understand my death is...fresh. But firstly, I would like to say I'm sorry. It was never my intention to leave so early, to leave my family, to leave you. I do hope in time that you can forgive me."

Goldenpaw's smile was wistful as he gazed into Adderpaw's golden eyes. He let out a soft chuckle, shaking his head. "I am sure you're expecting some great wisdom from me, advice that will heal all your pain, soothe all your worries. Unfortunately, I know no more than I did in life, other than to not be afraid of death... But I do know one thing."

He placed his paw over one of Adderpaw's, leaning in closer. "Take your time to mourn, but do not let it consume you. I will always be here in StarClan watching over you, for you are my dearest friend. Perhaps this is selfish of me, but I long for the day you might join me here in StarClan. My body may be gone, but my soul is very much alive and well. And...I regret not being able to say this in life, but..." Goldenpaw craned his neck forward, licking Adderpaw's forehead. "The time we spent together made me realize that what I was missing deep down, in my heart, was you. You complete me, Adderpaw. I would like no other constant companion than you, for all eternity. And while I may become impatient, I will wait for you. Don't rush your life to see me. I will be here, I swear on my soul. Live. Live your life, don't watch it pass by. You deserve that, Adderpaw."

Tears spilled over onto Goldenpaw's cheeks as he smiled. "My deepest regret is that I cannot be there with you myself."

Adderpaw's Moonstone Journey 2RvdchP
Flickerpaw         Icepaw         Lightpaw         Cricketpaw
#54565A         #8ED2E2         #E7CD65         #76AF5C

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adderpaw's Moonstone Journey   Adderpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Adderpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1