Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Shypaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

Shypaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Shypaw's Moonstone Journey   Shypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 11:51 pm

It had been a few days since she had returned to ShadowClan, and to say Basilbloom was exhausted was an understatement. Not only was she having to fall back into her natural nocturnal rhythm again, but her body just seemed spent of all its energy. Nonetheless, her duties still needed to be done. Taking a double dose of traveling herbs before leaving her den, she carried the bundle for Shypaw gently between her teeth. Ducking her head into the apprentice's den, she called out;"Shypaw, time to go!"  Laying out the traveling herbs flavored with honey for the sweet young she-cat, Basilbloom purred when she emerged.  "Make sure to eat your traveling herbs, I hope they don't taste too bad.  I've started flavoring them with honey!"

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shypaw's Moonstone Journey   Shypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 11:49 pm

Shypaw was surprised to be woken by Basilbloom's soft cheerful call since it had been less than a paw full of days since the medicine-cat returned from her big journey. The little white she-cat slipped out from under the thorns, short soft fur mussed, and still groggy with sleep. She blinked her eyes into focus, greeting Basilbloom with a shy smile. 

She saw the exhaustion behind the medicine-cat's purr and worry tugged at her. Comforted by the chamomile tucked as usual behind the petite tortoiseshell's ear and reminding herself Basilbloom was strong, having been further than Shypaw could dream, she hid by he ducking her head to lap up the travelling herbs.

The smell and taste of herbs in her mouth, sharp and musky-sweet, wasn't unfamiliar to Shypaw as like many of her clanmates she had helped to gather some while Basilbloom was away. The names of these ones floated through her sleep-fogged mind: daisy, burnet, sorrel, chamomile. She didn't know all their uses, but she could match the name to an herb to run an errand.

What was new to her was the flavour of honey, she had never tasted something sweet like this. Her eyes went wide and starry with happiness. She licked up every drop, and shot her little pink tongue out to lick her lips. She gave Basilbloom a brief, embarrassed but dazzled smile.

(OOC: thank you RainyHeart <3)
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Shypaw's Moonstone Journey   Shypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 4:27 pm

Basilbloom sat back and watched as Shypaw approached the herbs, allowing herself to let out a big yawn that stretched the corners of her mouth and helped wake up her brain.  She noticed though that, instead of just gobbling up the leaves and petals like most apprentices normally did, Shypaw took a moment to examine them.  Tilting her head a bit, she smiled softly to herself as the white-furred molly got a taste of the honey, chuckling at her excitement.  "I'm glad you like it!  Let's head out, we have a lot of ground to cover."  Getting to her paws and leading the way out of camp, Basilbloom kept a steady pace so that she could walk alongside Shypaw, an inquisitive tone to her voice as she spoke.  "Are you interested in herbs Shypaw?  I noticed you looking closely at the traveling herbs."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shypaw's Moonstone Journey   Shypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed Feb 16, 2022 7:20 pm

Shypaw followed Basilbloom out of the thorn hollow, the two small she-cats about the same height and easily matching strides to set a steady pace. The little white molly's ears perked up at Basilbloom's inquisitive tone. Shypaw nodded, "Yes," she mewed out determinedly, ears glowing pink with embarrassment and effort, "daisy, burnet, chamomile, a-and sorrel ...?" One ear twitched in uncertainty. "I only know the names..." she meowed softly, "but we all learned a little while you were away, so if you need help you can ask a-anyone." Shypaw took a deep breath. She had never spoken so many words to any cat before. A hot feeling washed over her pelt and she wasn't sure if it was embarrassment or happiness.

Shypaw liked how every paw step through the marsh was familiar to her now, and realised suddenly this would be the first time she stepped outside ShadowClan's borders beyond Fourtrees. Excitement fizzed in her paws but she kept the steady pace.
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Shypaw's Moonstone Journey   Shypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat Feb 19, 2022 6:48 pm

(occ: sorry for the wait!  I've had a busy week)

Basilbloom's amber eyes lit up at Shypaw's quiet response, and the tortoiseshell she-cat nodded excitedly.  "Yes, all correct!  It's amazing how much everyone learned while I was gone, I think it's good for warriors to know at least something about healing before marching off to battle."  Laughing, she reached up with a paw to untuck one of the chamomile flowers she kept behind her ear.  "I'd be happy to teach you more if you wish Shypaw!  For example, chamomile not only smells nice but also gives you strength and stamina.  That's why I always carry it when I'm outside camp, I never knew if I'll need it with my heart the way it is."

After a bit more walking the two cats came upon the Thunderpath, and Basilbloom talked Shypaw through it with confidence.  "When I tell you to run, sprint to the other side as fast as you can!  I'll be right beside you."  After a couple of monsters passed by Basilbloom gave the signal, waving her tail forward.  "Okay, go!"  Dashing out, Basilbloom quickly made it to the other side.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shypaw's Moonstone Journey   Shypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 12:57 am

(ooc: no problem, i understand <3)

Shypaw's silvery eyes were alight reflecting the medicine-cat's excitement. A little relief bloomed in her chest that she could really be trusted to recognise the herbs, it was a big responsibility to gather them. Her fangs peeked out in a tiny grin as Basilbloom laughed. 

She nodded several times emphatically to the offer to learn more. Warriors couldn't be strong without healing. She remembered how hurt both her dads had been in the battle, and her stomach did a flip-flop of anxiety, but they were healing – and now Basilbloom had brought back the coneflower to heal both injury and sickness for all the clans. 

Shypaw watched closely as the medicine-cat untucked the small flower from behind her ear and explained the herb that gave her heart the strength it needed. Chamomile had a nice soothing smell. Basilbloom revealed the mystery to Shypaw of why she always carried the plant with her. Oh, and that was why it's a travelling herb too! The apprentice's eyes shone excitedly with understanding. 

Shypaw quietly reflected on the discovery in happy silence as the pair walked on, until the stench of the thunder path flooded her nose. The anxious little molly's eyes grew big and round at Basilbloom's confidence, she must have crossed a lot. This wasn't the thunder path ShadowClan had gone under to Fourtrees through their secret tunnel... The paths were quiet this time of night, but Shypaw didn't like the eery black stretching in both directions. Determined, she stepped up next to Basilbloom.

Shypaw waited carefully for Basilbloom's signal. A couple of monsters rumbled past, eyes casting a glow. On this side of the thunder path... the monsters came from this direction, and on that side the other. Shypaw lined up her paws beside tortoiseshell's on the side the monsters came from. 

A jolt surged through her as she dashed out with Basilbloom. Just before their paws crossed the line in the centre Shypaw wove around behind the medicine-cat to her other side. If a monster had come, it would see the flash of Shypaw's white fur and attack her first. It was a relief when their paws hit the snow on the other side, both safely across.

Shypaw breathed deep. She was tiny and not very strong. But strong enough. 

...Though she wouldn't mind resting if the petite tortoiseshell needed. She looked toward Highstones, the moon climbing into the sky and lengthening the silver shadows, only the neutral stretch of moor in front of them. Shypaw was nervous.

(ooc: would basilbloom really teach shypaw some more about herbs? :D)
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Shypaw's Moonstone Journey   Shypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 3:30 pm

(occ: she would!  Basil loves to share her knowledge C:)

As soon as she saw the flash of Shypaw's white fur beside her, safe on the other side, Basilbloom allowed herself to breathe again, heart pounding from both the run and her worry.  She always hated crossing this Thunderpath with the apprentices, she knew it was a good experience for them but she always worried about if something went wrong.  Shypaw had handled it like a fully-grown warrior though, and Basilbloom smiled as she caught her breath.  Suddenly, a sharp pain struck her from deep in her chest, and she couldn't help but wince.  It went away quickly, and before Shypaw could say anything she simply grinned and meowed; "Good job, let's keep going."

The moorland always felt like the longest stretch of the journey, and it probably was.  Climbing over hills started to leave Basilbloom feeling light-headed, and she stopped to eat another of her chamomile flowers before moving on.  I wasn't like this on the journey...why now?  It really must've been my adrenaline keeping me going...  She didn't call Shypaw's attention to her struggles though, instead pointing out different herbs as they passed by.  "That's heather, it's dormant right now but in spring and summer it blooms and we can use its nectar to make things easier to swallow for sick cats.  And that's chervil, between those rocks.  It's very useful for bellyaches and treating wounds, I hear it also helps with kitting pain..."  She enjoyed chatting with another cat who shared her interests, and it only strengthened her desire to take an apprentice soon.  I'll have to chat with mother about that...

Soon enough though they left the moor behind, and before long Highstones loomed above them as Mothermouth came into sight.  The dark tunnel etched into the side of the hill was a familiar, almost comforting sight for Basilbloom, but she knew it scared most apprentices.  Pausing to rest for a moment, she lapped some water from a nearby puddle and flicked her tail, smiling at Shypaw.  "Let me know when you're ready to head inside."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shypaw's Moonstone Journey   Shypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue Feb 22, 2022 8:58 pm

Shypaw didn't miss the worry that melted into a smile on Basilbloom's face as the two cats caught their breath safe on the other side of the thunder path, and Shypaw shared a smile of relief. Suddenly the tortoiseshell winced, and though the pain cleared quickly from her face and she grinned as she urged Shypaw forward, Shypaw's silvery eyes darted to Basilbloom out of the corners. She paused, "N-not until you eat a chamomile flower," she meowed softly. She felt silly saying this and smiled sheepishly.

The distance across the moor was deceptively long, and all uphill. Still Shypaw watched Highstones loom bigger with trepidation. Her pace was reluctant, and just as well, since Basilbloom was looking a little faint and stopped to eat another chamomile flower. Shypaw said nothing this time though, and the pair simply set a slower pace as Basilbloom chatted to her about herbs and allowed Shypaw to pause to look at each one. 

Shypaw tipped her head a little to one side in curiosity, heather was dormant? She had been born towards the end of leaf-fall and grown up in the cold of leaf-bare, and wondered what heather looked like in the warmer seasons and if its nectar was as sweet as honey. She peeked at the delicate chervil growing between the rocks and wondered if her mentor, Basilbloom's mother, Murkystar, had some when she gave birth to Dimkit and Lichenkit. The little white she-cat found herself really enjoying this journey.

All too soon Highstones loomed above them. There was a deep blackness etched into the side of the mountain, darker than the darkest night's shadows, and no light touched it. Shypaw's pelt prickled with a sense of mystery, even for a ShadowClan cat this depth of blackness was unfamiliar, this must be Mothermouth. A shiver ran down her spine and curled her tail.

Pausing to rest with Basilbloom and dipping her head to lap from the puddle, she watched the reflection of the stars disperse under her tongue. If StarClan would not speak with Shypaw, would not give their blessing, the apprentice would never complete her training... anxiety gripped her, but at the flick of Basilbloom's tail Shypaw nodded and allowed the medicine-cat to guide her into the mountain.

There was something peaceful about surrendering to the complete darkness, the coolness of the tunnel gently washing Shypaw's anxiety away. Her paws had no trouble finding the path, worn smooth by apprentices of every Clan, new leaders, medicine-cats and medicine-cat apprentices for generations. Shypaw could not feel where the darkness ended and she begun.

Shypaw felt her whiskers brush the sides of the narrow tunnel and felt the ground slope gently downward, and gradually she could see the outline of Basilbloom illuminated in front of her. That glow began to light a big cavern to its jagged edges, the silver of the moon and stars streaming down onto a tall clear stone whose luminescence turned the medicine-cat's tortoiseshell fur silver and Shypaw's pure white pelt to a bright glow. Silvery eyes catching and reflecting the crystal's light, Shypaw stepped forward to touch her nose to the Moonstone, curling up in a tight ball as if to protect herself.

As her eyes closed, Shypaw felt like she was falling upwards. She felt the rush of wings all around her and the crooning voices of the flock, her first family, as they carried her to the sky. She opened her eyes briefly to a swirling cloud of black feathers and shut them tight again, only blinking and looking around when she was deposited on solid ground as the flock of birds dispersed and Shypaw's eyes cleared of the wild blackness.
Back to top Go down
Tara

Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 2986

PostSubject: Re: Shypaw's Moonstone Journey   Shypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 10:43 pm

Burningwing stood ready to greet Shypaw... how awkward this was. It was a stipulation of staying in Starclan though. While he had been accepted among his starry ancestors, apparently hating anyone who wasn't of pure blood was a bad thing. He still vehemently disagreed, but what had saved him was his love for Shadowclan and his good intentions for the security and future of all of the clans. That said, plenty of Starclan cats didn't like him and he was walking on thin ice.

Shypaw was brought into the Starlit plain and Burningwing stared... a very forced smile on his face. He sighed quietly to himself. What a sick joke this was... he'd been killed by rogues and here he was giving one advice as a Starclan cat. Disgusting.

"Hello again Shypaw." Okay could he go now? ... No... no he shouldn't. Ugh. "I see you're still doing well. That's... good." He sat down stiffly and awkwardly. He didn't really know what to say to her so he hoped she would ask a question or something soon. "Finally getting your moonstone journey done... that's... good." Yeah... Shypaw better ask him something asap because he was grasping at straws for words right now. He tried to keep his smile as natural as possible... but he looked like he was in pain more than anything. Nevermind that he was a little bit...

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 2 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Shypaw's Moonstone Journey   Shypaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri Mar 04, 2022 11:02 pm

(ooc: oops i'm sorry i thought i posted)

Shypaw stared at the StarClan cat in front of her, unable to take in the beautiful landscape glittering with light, her shocked gaze pulled to Burningwing. She wasn't sure if he was grimacing or trying to smile as he ground out short meows. Shypaw was still doing well and she could see he was... dead.

She had something she should've said to Burningwing before he was murdered, and now that he had been it was awkward, and heart-breaking. She sucked in a sharp breath as if it were shards of ice, "... T- Thank you for not leaving me for carrion-" She paused, as if expecting a denial. "-it's more than m-my birth parents did for me." Her heart beat in her throat.

Shypaw knew why Burningwing had not wanted her in ShadowClan which was why she didn't understand, why did he come to speak to her? He sat stiff and awkward in front of her. Even sitting Shypaw wasn't as tall of him. She stayed standing, eyes wide in confusion. 

Did he have advice for her? Fear came rushing in, but she squared her slim shoulders, facing him bravely for the answer. Her voice was high and soft, weak, and strange in her own ears. "D-do I have StarClan’s blessing to become a warrior of ShadowClan?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shypaw's Moonstone Journey   Shypaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Shypaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1