Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Minkpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2207

Minkpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Minkpaw's Moonstone Journey   Minkpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 1 Aug 2022 - 19:48

The first of Poppyshine's kits was ready for her journey to the Moonstone. Watching her nieces and nephews grow up made Dovesight's heart swell with joy, and she was honestly excited to be able to lead them on such an important journey. She absolutely loved those kits, and she was thankful everyday that Poppyshine had them. With the kits around, it felt like Rushtalon wasn't truly gone. A part of him was still there in his offspring.

She padded over to the apprentice den, dropping the bundle of traveling herbs at Minkpaw's feet. "Eat these herbs, and then we can set out for the Moonstone. I will warn you, though, they can be pretty bitter. Let me know when you're ready."

Dovesight led the way through the narrow tunnel as it opened up to where the Moonstone rested. "Alright, go ahead and touch your nose to it, and StarClan will greet you when you wake up. I will be waiting here."

And with that it was all up to Minkpaw.

Minkpaw's Moonstone Journey SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

Minkpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minkpaw's Moonstone Journey   Minkpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 2 Aug 2022 - 5:21

When she had been told it was time for her Moonstone journey, the apprentice couldn't help the excited wiggles of her body. As she'd grown up and matured, the wiggling had been much less apparent, or at least it seemed she could better control her constant need to physically display her enthusiasm. As the bundle of herbs was found at her paws, curious eyes glanced at Dovesight. It was crazy to think how she'd once was so small compared to the medicine cat, but now challenged her for eye-level. Giving her a nod, and taking all of the herbs within her mouth at once, her face contorted into all sorts of wrinkled nonsense of disgust at the flavors as Minkpaw did her best to chew them all up at once, and swallow them half-whole. "R-Remind me to never do that again..." She laughed.

The journey had been surprisingly easy for her, and once more, wonder filled her gaze as she looked around the cave. Wow. Her tail swished with excitement, wondering just who it was she would meet in her dreams. It seemed her paws couldn't keep still, kneading at the ground as she curled up by the stone, following Dovesight's instructions. She couldn't help the recoil to the cold touch, but once more rested her nose against it, letting it be a calming sensation that carried her off to sleep...

... and into the starry lands before her.

Little wait occurred before the apprentice was greeted with the one the stars had decided to allow her to meet. Somehow, the golden molly had been quite popular in meeting with Riverclan apprentices as of recent times. It seemed the pair was matched in excitement, as the late warrior came hopping towards Minkpaw, seemingly ready to play. "Ooh, ooh! You're one of Poppyshine's kits? Oh, let me look at you!" Excited leaps seemed to eventually slow down into small hops of steps as Mapleleaf took a good look at the apprentice in front of her. Minkpaw, meanwhile, felt encouraged by the enthusiasm, somehow calmed by the new cats presence. "Y-Yeah! I'm Minkpaw. Are... Are you Mapleleaf?"

To be recognized by other clanmates only made the golden molly's smile grow, a warm purr coming from her chest. Not to mention, a starry tear instantly beaded at her eye at learning of the russet molly's name. Mink. They were the precous little creatures she had adored, even watched from the stars. Poppyshine had... named one of her children after them. Just like she had wanted to. "I am, little Mink! Did you know that I told your mom I really, really like minks? They're always such cute little hoppy water bunnies!" Mapleleaf couldn't help but hop around to mimic them, and Minkpaw found herself bouncing around as well. It only made the older molly giggle. "You move around just like them! Oh, you're so perfect!" The compliment made pride swell within Minkpaw's chest, and she couldn't wipe the grin from her maw.

After the two seemed to hop about and play for some time, it was time for Minkpaw to wake. Mapleleaf's youthful demeanor changed for just a moment though, resting a proud nose on Minkpaw's head. "Poppyshine has been such a wonderful mother, both to you and your siblings, but also to my kits. Please, will you tell her thank you for me? And that I told you to never stop being the lovely little Mink you are." For the first time in their entire interaction, Mapleleaf sat down. A warm smile on her maw, and a loud purr rumbling from her starry chest. Minkpaw could only grin and nod in return, swaying happily before she would stir from her dream.

Returning to the moonstone, she felt refreshed- no, energized. A few happy hops from the apprentice, and she turned to Dovesight with a grin. "I'm ready to go back home, and I have a special message for mumma."

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down

Minkpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1