Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Eveningpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1478

Eveningpaw's Moonstone Journey  Empty
PostSubject: Eveningpaw's Moonstone Journey    Eveningpaw's Moonstone Journey  EmptySun 29 May 2022 - 5:25

It'd been a while since her last exercise with his leg, but Fawnshine was more confident that he'd be able to walk further distances this time. If not, she'd continue to assist him, of course. Even if they weren't so close — he was still her brother. And that mattered.

Grabbing the bundle of herbs she had prepared before their journey, Fawnshine turned to face Eveningpaw. It was only unfortunate luck that he had to stay in here for long.. yet that also meant she didn't need to head to the apprentices' den. Not that it wasn't bad — though she'd prefer to be able to do so quickly. Gently nudging him awake, Fawnshine sat, putting the herb bundle in front of his paws.

"Wake up, Eveningpaw. It's time for us to go. It'll be a long journey, but I'll help you, don't worry," She'd smirk. "But well... We should really get started soon." And she sat, waiting for her brother to rise.

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1536

PostSubject: Re: Eveningpaw's Moonstone Journey    Eveningpaw's Moonstone Journey  EmptySun 29 May 2022 - 9:48

The tom's eyes blinked open at his sister's nudge, taking a moment to remember that he would be journeying to the Moonstone today. With a yawn and a long stretch, Eveningpaw rose to his feet, able to navigate his bad leg a little easier with time. The scar that circled the wound was nasty, a constant reminder of the battle, but despite the lingering pain...It only served to remind him that he could conquer anything.

"'M up..." he mumbled, blinking away the sleep from his eyes. Now spotting the herbs at his feet, he bent down to lap them up. With the constant herbs given to him for pain, eating these was an easy task at this point. Wrinkling his nose at the taste, he swallowed them down with a grunt and shook his head as if to rid his mouth of the bitterness. "Ugh...Okay, I'm ready now." Eveningpaw matched her smirk with one of his own, bumping his shoulder into Fawnshine's. "You better help me, but only if I ask for it. I've never been to Highstones, so hopefully it won't be too bad. Shall we get going, then?"

OOC: here

Eveningpaw's Moonstone Journey  2RvdchP
Flickerpaw         Icepaw         Lightpaw         Cricketpaw
#54565A         #8ED2E2         #E7CD65         #76AF5C

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1478

PostSubject: Re: Eveningpaw's Moonstone Journey    Eveningpaw's Moonstone Journey  EmptyMon 30 May 2022 - 8:52

(OOC: Testing out a new style!)

Fawnshine

"Of course, of course." She'd smile, his gesture appreciated. The expression her brother had made when swallowing the herb was challenging to not chuckle at, but she disguised it with the same smile she'd offered him. As they both rose, Fawnshine led them outside of camp, and soon began their journey to the Highstones.

------

They've gone for a while, and Fawnshine made sure to assist her brother with his leg whenever needed — or asked for, taking small breaks occasionally within their journey. Once they reached the Mothermouth, she stopped to instruct him first. "It'll be dark in there, so follow my tail closely. Be careful not to trip over the stones," She'd mew. And so she led him in, making sure that the tom was still following her, closely. A soft glow grew to a more powerful one — shining, glimmering through the darkness of the cave. The Moonstone. Feelings stirred in her, both bittersweet and not.

A fear in her whispered in her. What if he'll not see StarClan? What if it's like the last time?

But she dismissed those thoughts with a firm shake of her head. StarClan had returned. Of course, it'll be fine.

Nose gesturing to the stone, she spoke. "Well, here is the Moonstone. Touch your nose to it, and StarClan should welcome you, as well as do the rest."

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Eveningpaw's Moonstone Journey    Eveningpaw's Moonstone Journey  EmptyThu 2 Jun 2022 - 11:48

OOC: text here

With his sister's help, he managed to climb the rocky terrain of Highstones. He stood before it, gazing into the dark expanse, then gave his sister a small smile. Eveningpaw followed her in, sticking close by her tail as instructed. Soon enough, the pair of cats reached the Moonstone, and he blinked in the sudden light.

So this is the Moonstone, he thought, padding over to it. Would he actually meet StarClan? There was only one way to find out. With a soft sigh, Eveningpaw lowered himself down to the cold stone floor and tucked his paws underneath him, then touched his nose to the Moonstone. All at once, he fell into darkness, and when he opened his eyes once more, he was standing in a clearing in ThunderClan's territory. The sky was a clear blue, pleasant, and the tom stood to look around. No sign of any StarClan cats, if this was in fact StarClan.

"Hello? Is anyone there? This is StarClan, right? I hope I didn't come all the way here for nothing," he yowled into the air, hoping for a response.

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6715

PostSubject: Re: Eveningpaw's Moonstone Journey    Eveningpaw's Moonstone Journey  EmptyThu 2 Jun 2022 - 18:59

Another Moonstone meeting with another bratty apprentice. Why did the stars burden him with such annoying duties? Oh, right. Because they hated him. Honestly, if not for the fact that he got to hang out with Hailpaw, Chervilpaw, Mossbloom and Blizzardshine, he'd rather have vanished into the Mist than been forced to deal with the fools that controlled the forest. However, he'd had little enough time with his loved ones in life; he wouldn't let the stars take them away from him in death, too. So Moonstone journeys it was. As the silly little apprentice yowled into emptiness, a starry form materialized directly behind him. "I'm not deaf," his low voice grumbled. The cat was enormous-- twice Eveningpaw's size. Not only was he tall and muscular, but he was covered in fluffy, spiky tan fur. Narrowed sage-green eyes conveyed an expression of distaste. "Name's Pricklebush. ThunderClan's medicine cat a few moons ago. Now, what are you yowling about?" His large tail twitched behind him.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Eveningpaw's Moonstone Journey    Eveningpaw's Moonstone Journey  EmptyMon 6 Jun 2022 - 6:03

Eveningpaw nearly jumped out of his pelt at the sudden voice behind him, his tail bushing out for a moment. He flinched so hard it send a twinge of pain shooting up his leg, and he winced.

"Stars, don't do that! You almost gave me a heart attack!" He turned to fave the much larger tom, flicking an ear with interested as Pricklebush introduced himself as a medicine cat.

"Oh, really? My sister's a medicine cat too, Fawnshine. I'm Eveningpaw. I was yowling because there was no one here, I wasn't even sure I was in StarClan." The dark apprentice shrugged, running his ice-blue gaze over the large tom.

"So, Fawnshine said you're supposed to give me advice? I have a question for you then, Pricklebush. How do I become the best warrior possible? I have a few things working against me. This--" he lifted his back leg, the one with the white paw, showing the nasty scar and healing wound, "--and...Morningstar is--was?--my dad. I'm sure you've heard all about him." He scoffed in contempt, his voice dripping with venom. "He's famous, you know."

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6715

PostSubject: Re: Eveningpaw's Moonstone Journey    Eveningpaw's Moonstone Journey  EmptyMon 6 Jun 2022 - 18:31

Pricklebush blinked in slight surprise when he noticed the tom's injury. A bad leg, slowly healing wound...? How interesting. Immediately, the many herbs and remedies he had learned began to cycle through his head as he theorized on how he could alleviate the pain. He was so lost for a moment that he almost missed Eveningpaw's words. "Right. Fawnshine. I think I've seen her around here once or twice," he mused. She was no Mossbloom, but as far as medicine cats went, at least she wasn't a filthy codebreaker or a fox-heart like Mintwhisker. "As far as your 'father,' if he can truly be called that... well, I bet I'm not the first one to tell you this, but blood doesn't make a family. One of my sisters--" he shuddered at the reminder of Ridgelight-- "was a dear friend to me, but then she committed a horrible crime. After that, she was no longer my sister, no matter what she said. I doubt that scummy murderous snake had been much of a father to you, so his blood has no claim on your life. You are your own cat, Eveningpaw. Act like it. Don't blame him for your mistakes, but don't let him influence them, either."

The tom's large, spiky tail twitched thoughtfully. "Your leg is more tricky. It certainly does make things more difficult, doesn't it? If it had been treated immediately with some stinging nettle, and maybe some... but, no matter." Sage-green eyes looked deeply into the apprentice's blue gaze. "What matters is what you do with your life. Sure, you have a bit of a challenge cut out for you with that wound. However, I have seen cats survive-- and even thrive-- with far less. Blind cats, deaf cats, you name it. Anyone can be a warrior. My advice is to focus on what you can do, and hone those skills. For example, since your paws are weaker than normal, your opponent won't expect a strong move from your jaws. If you work on fighting more with your teeth and less with your claws, you could be a real threat on the battlefield. And since you can't chase or pounce after your prey as well as usual, try to get even better at sneaking up on it. If you are right on top of a squirrel, you won't even have to pounce-- you can smack it, lunge at it, even fall on it if you want to. The world is yours, kit. Just make the most of what you have. Sorry I can't offer more help... There aren't many herbs in StarClan, and I doubt they'd have much effect on the living." Ah, here he was again, offering actual advice. Hadn't he meant to prove to the stars they couldn't keep forcing him to do these? Mouse-dung. Pricklebush rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eveningpaw's Moonstone Journey    Eveningpaw's Moonstone Journey  Empty

Back to top Go down

Eveningpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1