Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Leopardpaw's spar

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2839

Leopardpaw's spar Empty
PostSubject: Leopardpaw's spar   Leopardpaw's spar EmptyFri 22 Apr 2022 - 21:28

Swiftheart sat in camp looking around for others to spend time with. She was a very social cat, extraverted and loved spending time with her clanmates.

Seeing leopardpaw a little ways away she purred happily and walked over to the apprentice. "Its a nice evening" she commented friendly. It was almost night time out (For the practice spar feel free to add shadowclans night bonus attack)

She had gotten to know leopardpaw a bit earlier and the apprentice made for a very fine hunter. She had told frostgaze about how well she had done and that really seemed to make the apprentice happy as she was always trying to be the best she could and outdo herself.

Swiftheart happily encouraged her to do this but at the same time wanted her to relize that there was also no pressure to always be perfect, as long as she did her best was the best the clan could really ask for her.

"Would you like to practice your sparing?" she asked curiously a friendly grin on her face.

"I am pretty rusty myself honestly..." she giggled a bit pawing at the ground. It was true... she hadnt really fought anyone in a real battle since the forgotten order and had only spared a little with murkystar and nigthstalker since then but it was probably good to keep well practiced.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6022

Leopardpaw's spar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leopardpaw's spar   Leopardpaw's spar EmptyFri 22 Apr 2022 - 23:36

Leopardpaw paused where she was pacing and searching desperately for some task she could throw herself into, instead looking cheerfully up at Swiftheart. Though they hadn't spent too much time together, Leopardpaw already considered the warrior a friend. "Hey, Swiftheart! Yeah, it's nice tonight- I was just enjoying it. Trying to figure out how to enjoy it more, you know?" Her eyes shone in the dim light of the evening sky. "What's up?"

And then, in one sentence, Swiftheart had solved her dilemma of what to do. "Oh, I'd love to! I don't get nearly as much practice as I'd like to, usually..." Which wasn't to say that she didn't get more than enough practice. It was more likely that her standards simply weren't feasible, at least until a cat who could match her energy and enthusiasm somehow surfaced. "Aw, I bet you're not that rusty! How do we get started?"

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Leopardpaw's spar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leopardpaw's spar   Leopardpaw's spar EmptyTue 26 Apr 2022 - 17:01

Swiftheart signaled with her tail to follow along. "here come on ill take you to a pracitce sparring area, the soft moss flooring in that area makes it much nicer for spars for training" she explained.

Once they arrived she went to one side of the "arena"

"hmm alright so lets have you attack me okay?" she said with a nod wanting to see what the apprentice would do first.

The white furred warrior got into a low defensive stance getting ready for her.

"Attack me!" she said trying to hold back a giggle.

Swiftheart was super friendly and giggly so this was normal for her.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

Leopardpaw's spar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leopardpaw's spar   Leopardpaw's spar EmptyTue 26 Apr 2022 - 17:34

In the time they'd taken to reach their destination, evening had definitively turned to night; the clearing illuminated only by the soft light of the moon. Leopardpaw nodded, readying her battle stance. Swiftheart had been telling the truth - not that she'd doubted her or anything, but the moss was soft under her paws. "Okay! I'll do my best!"

She gave herself a moment to strategize - she was tall, but struggled in general to use her size to her advantage; and Swiftheart had moons of experience that she didn't. She'd have to get creative if she wanted to stand a chance. Because yes, this was just training and maybe for fun, but if she found herself on a real battlefield she wouldn't have the chance to stop and consider her moves.

Eventually, she made a decision, and lunged; grabbing onto Swiftheart's tail with her teeth. Though she didn't want to hurt the older warrior, she wasn't trying to hold back too much - Swiftheart was in all likelihood far stronger than she was, given that she was older, more experienced, and a full-fledged warrior. Leopardpaw doubted that anything she could do in a normal fight ran the risk of actually hurting her.

Leopardpaw used Tail Yank, dealing 8 (7+1 from Night Finesse) damage and costing 10 SP! Swiftheart is Stunned for 1 turn.

Swiftheart
52/60 HP (-8)
140/140 SP

Leopardpaw
20/20 HP
50/60 SP (-10)

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Leopardpaw's spar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leopardpaw's spar   Leopardpaw's spar EmptyTue 26 Apr 2022 - 17:44

Swiftheart had not actually expected Leopardpaw to do this and her speed caught the warrior off gaurd.

Leopardpaw got her tail really quickly and Swiftheart was stunned as she yanked it.

Off balance she quickly got back to her paws blinking rapidly to try and recover from it.

Swiftheart is stunned this turn and cannot attack

Swiftheart (stun over)
52/60 HP
140/140 SP

Leopardpaw
20/20 HP
50/60 SP

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

Leopardpaw's spar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leopardpaw's spar   Leopardpaw's spar EmptyTue 26 Apr 2022 - 17:54

While Swiftheart was busy trying to recover her balance, Leopardpaw leapt into action once again: this time, she tried to sweep her paws under the warrior's to keep her off-balance before swiping at her side. It probably wouldn't work for long, but it could create precious extra seconds for her to make a move. This was practice, after all, she could afford to experiment in a way she doubted there would be opportunity for in a real fight.

Leopardpaw used Front Paw Strike; dealing 7 damage (6+1 from Night Finesse) and costing 7 SP!

Swiftheart
45/60 HP (-7)
140/140 SP

Leopardpaw
20/20 HP
43/60 SP (-7)

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Leopardpaw's spar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leopardpaw's spar   Leopardpaw's spar EmptyTue 26 Apr 2022 - 18:06

Leopardpaw got another quick hit in. swiftheart was impressed by the appretices speed and skill.

She finally got fully recovered and seeing an opening went for it. She leaped at Leopardpaw and nipped at her neck and scruff. She did not bite down hard not wanting to hurt the younger she cat but it was enough to get the point across without actually hurting her.

swiftheart used snap for 10 (+1) dmg and 7 sp

she was worried she was too hard and wasnt sure. She immediatly let go "you okay?" she asked sweetly and caringly as was her nature. She was super kind hearted and never wanted to hurt anyone especially not a clanmate

Swiftheart
45/60 HP
133/140 SP (-7)

Leopardpaw
9/20 HP (-11)
43/60 SP

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

Leopardpaw's spar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leopardpaw's spar   Leopardpaw's spar EmptyTue 26 Apr 2022 - 19:31

(Hope I'm using this one right, at least as far as practice goes-)

As Swiftheart recovered and countered her attack, Leopardpaw yelped - out of surprise more than pain, it didn't really hurt, though it had definitely knocked the wind out of her. "I-I'm fine! You caught me off guard, that's all! ...I mean, it's good practice, right?" She wouldn't get a chance to stop and catch her breath on the battlefield, after all. Inevitably, she would be attacked and need to react quickly - as she needed to do now. She fell limp at her opponent's paws for a moment before lashing out.

Leopardpaw used Play Dead, dealing 9 damage (8+1 from Night Finesse) and costing 5 SP!

Swiftheart
36/60 HP (-9)
133/140 SP

Leopardpaw
9/20 HP
38/60 SP (-5)

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Leopardpaw's spar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leopardpaw's spar   Leopardpaw's spar EmptyTue 26 Apr 2022 - 20:05

Swiftheart was very impressed by the apprentice who had done so well this whole practice round.

She was very glad she was alright and had not gotten actually hurt. She lashed out again with lots of speed at swiftheart, who applauded her .

"You are doing really well" she purred as Leopardpaw scored more solid hits against her

Swiftheart saw an opening however that she had for a breif moment and took it. She leapt at her opponent with outstretched forepaw and tried to smack into her

Swiftheart used Front Paw Strike dealing 10 (+1) dmg and costing 7 sp

Swiftheart
36/60 HP
126/140 SP (-7)

Leopardpaw (KO pending)
0/20 HP
38/60 SP

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

Leopardpaw's spar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leopardpaw's spar   Leopardpaw's spar EmptyTue 26 Apr 2022 - 20:21

The spotted gray apprentice purred at the praise, though she also started to let her guard down. Leopardpaw was knocked down by the warrior's more powerful blow, completely winded. "That was a really good hit!" She rolled over onto her side, glancing up at Swiftheart with a cheerful expression. "So, how'd I do?"

Leopardpaw is KO'd!

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Leopardpaw's spar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leopardpaw's spar   Leopardpaw's spar EmptyTue 26 Apr 2022 - 20:31

Swiftheart sat next to the apprentice smiling from ear to ear very impressed and happy with how she had done.

"I am really glad you are on my team" she giggled as she heled the younger cat to her paws.

Leopardpaw was so cheerful and happy and Swiftheart loved it seeing that the pair had alot in common.

"You did amazing!" she purred with high praise for the apprentice. "You did everything correctly and I really had to work for that ... you used your speed and got be off balance a couple times there" she praised her

She had a very good guess that Leopardpaw really like positive reinforcement as the she cat seemed to always strive for perfection.

"It felt like I was fighting a warrior, you did very well Leopardpaw" she said nodding with a warm smile encouraging her as much as she could.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leopardpaw's spar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leopardpaw's spar   Leopardpaw's spar Empty

Back to top Go down

Leopardpaw's spar
Page 1 of 1