Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Young Light in Old Darkness [O]

Go down 
+3
xaandiir
Mistpelt
Ripped
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Splotch

Splotch

Characters : Sleepycloud, Hopepaw, Lakekit
Clan/Rank : Ye Old Member-- ALL THUNDERCLAN OOPS Sleepycloud (T2), Hopepaw [App], Lake [Kit]
Taurus Dragon
Number of posts : 3537

Young Light in Old Darkness [O] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Young Light in Old Darkness [O]   Young Light in Old Darkness [O] - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Mar - 15:35

“You’re nowhere near becoming a kittypet! It’ll be great to have you with us.”

The apprentice assumed it was true. He hadn't actually seen a kittypet before. They normally didn't make it this far into the forest anyway. Their either get eaten or scared off by predators before attempting to cross the river. Nodding his head towards the others, Owlpaw gave himself a few licks before agreeing; "My duties are complete. Ask the elders. They're tickless."

Owlpaw followed alongside Poppypaw, eyeing the setup with an amused tilt to his head. "You've put a lot of effort into this." He remarked, nudging a stick into place. He lined up with the others, looking them up and down, then towards the edge of the clearing. "Can't let your effort go to waste." A long stretch later, the tom settled into place, golden eyes forward. As soon as it was time, Owlpaw took off after them. The other two managed to pull ahead by the end, but he certainly hadn't been bad...or...fallen into the river.

He shot a glance towards Kitepaw, who was still wet from falling into the river. "I'm sure you meant to do that." The tom commented, turning back towards Poppypaw. Of course, he knew she didn't. But, maybe to save her from embarrassment, she totally did.

Sleepycloud || Hopepaw || Lakekit

Last edited by Splotch on Fri 25 Mar - 15:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: Young Light in Old Darkness [O]   Young Light in Old Darkness [O] - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Mar - 15:35

The member 'Splotch' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 4

Young Light in Old Darkness [O] - Page 2 Mistpe10
Young Light in Old Darkness [O] - Page 2 Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6735

PostSubject: Re: Young Light in Old Darkness [O]   Young Light in Old Darkness [O] - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar - 16:01

Poppypaw seemed like a nice enough cat, and he found himself feeling warm as he was invited to join the rest of the group. What she spoke about did seem fun and exciting. The buzz from the other apprentices only make his own paws feel that much lighter. It had never mattered to him, being the best, but there was some level of fun competitive spirit here. He followed after the older apprentice, nodding slightly as she explained the rules. A race? Looking down as his long limbs, Rushpaw felt he could do decent enough. They weren't Windclan cats, though, wouldn't swimming be more appropriate?

He'd been lost in his thoughts as he padded over to the starting line. And then, it was time to go. Whatever energy had begun to gather in his limbs released all at once. Like he had thought, his frame gave him an advantage. While the rest of his denmates had proven to be quick, Rushpaw was quicker! Being so focused on the task at paw, he had not noticed Kitepaw's fall into the river until after he stopped. By the time he realized, her soaking wet coat was still dripping onto the earth. He offered her a sheepish but encouraging grin, echoing Owlpaw's support and not taking more than a moment to relish in his victory, "If that river weren't in the way, I'm sure you would have done just fine, Kitepaw. You'll show every cat how it's done in the next game, I'm sure of it."

His gaze flickered to Owlpaw, with a grateful smile. He knew little about the dark-furred apprentice other than he was Jaystar's kit. Despite who his father was, Owlpaw appeared to be a decent cat. The longer he was in the apprentice's den, the more time he would get to know them all. Sidling up with Kitepaw, not minding his own fur getting wet, he looked expectantly to Poppypaw, "What next, Poppypaw?"

Young Light in Old Darkness [O] - Page 2 Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 2 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Last edited by Ripped on Sat 26 Mar - 16:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: Young Light in Old Darkness [O]   Young Light in Old Darkness [O] - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar - 16:01

The member 'Ripped' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 6

Young Light in Old Darkness [O] - Page 2 Mistpe10
Young Light in Old Darkness [O] - Page 2 Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

PostSubject: Re: Young Light in Old Darkness [O]   Young Light in Old Darkness [O] - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar - 16:29

Poppypaw

Poppypaw watched the cats dart off down the path and she mewed and cheered from the start line. They were moving so fast, all of them! She almost didn’t notice the new addition that had crept in with the group, but she was happy to have more friends join them. The cats zoomed around the bend and Rushpaw was the first to cross the line. Poppypaw was dizzy at how quickly he ran! She’d just been about to congratulate him when she heard a splash and spotted Kitpaw in the water.

She let out a startled yell and rushed over to the river. Her heart hammered, remembering her own recent experience at the river; it was why she had decided not to host a swimming race and instead stick to the safety of being on land. Thankfully, it seemed that she hadn’t fallen in too far and got out just fine. Poppypaw still gave her a few licks to start helping her shake off the water. “Are you alright? I guess I put the marker too close to the river,” she mewed. She tried to give Kitepaw a reassuring smile so she didn’t feel too discouraged. “You’ll dry off soon in the sun. Let’s go back with the others.”

They headed back to the other apprentices and Poppypaw kept up her cheerful attitude. “Great job everyone! And Rushpaw, you did amazing! Your mother named you well.” She beamed at her fellow apprentice and then looked to the rest of the group. “Moon, Dovepaw, you both did great as well! I couldn’t even tell who came in second place. You should be proud too.”

With the race completed, she gave them all a couple minutes to catch their breath. Once they all seemed ready for the second game, she told them to follow her to the next area. This one also wasn’t far and just circled around to another area near camp. She’d spent some time flattening out some grass and dirt to make good flat terrain to be used for sparring. She turned back around to face her group and explained, “The next contest is a show of strength and strategy; we’ll be sparring one another!” She looked to each of them, counting heads. “Looks like I’ll be participating in this game so we have even numbers! And remember, because we’re sparring, don’t use any actual claws or bites. I’ll be calling out time to stop the spar and whoever has tired the most will have lost.”

She paused, giving everyone a chance to ask any clarifying questions. When she finished answering, if there were any, she then added, “Everyone choose a partner and we will begin!”

[OOC: Can you all please also add to your post in OOC if you would like the spars to each happen in order, so your cats can react to the battles, or if they should all happen at once, to keep the topic moving along faster? I was planning on the former but I’m happy to do the latter if more people want that!

And as a reminder, while Poppy talks about being tired as determining the loser, the actual winner will be determined based on how much damage has been done. There will also be 3 rounds before Poppy calls time, so be sure to strategize to get the most out of the battle system.]

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse
Number of posts : 573

PostSubject: Re: Young Light in Old Darkness [O]   Young Light in Old Darkness [O] - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar - 17:49

Moon nodded at Dovepaw and Rushpaw. "Congraturs Rushpaw, you are sure fast." he murmmered. He wasn't upset in the least, this was a small competition in order to just have fun. The tom looked at Poppypaw, "Dovepaw came in a little before me." he said with a small smile on his face, "These old bones are getting too old to run anymore." he gave a small laugh and looked around at the apprentice's.

A few moment's later Poppypaw said that they would do some sparring. "Sounds reasonable."

OOC: It doesn't matter to me, everyone else can decide the other. I don't really understand what you are saying in the first part tho (sorry about that)
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2194

PostSubject: Re: Young Light in Old Darkness [O]   Young Light in Old Darkness [O] - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar - 23:03

Dovepaw looked a bit sheepish at getting recognition, ducking her head and going to check on Kitepaw, although she seemed to be getting enough help as it was. Up next seemed like it would be the spar, according to Poppypaw, and she looked around. ....maybe she would just let a partner choose her, that seemed easier.

OOC: I like the thought of being able to react, but I am good with anything

Young Light in Old Darkness [O] - Page 2 SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Clan/Rank : Ye Old Member-- ALL THUNDERCLAN OOPS Sleepycloud (T2), Hopepaw [App], Lake [Kit]
Taurus Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Young Light in Old Darkness [O]   Young Light in Old Darkness [O] - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Mar - 15:28

Owlpaw glanced towards the winner of the race, Rushpaw. He would be a perfect partner. Someone who had skills to test himself against. Rising to his paws, the apprentice approached him. "Spar with me." He meowed, meeting Rushpaw's eyes evenly. Of course, he needn't ask. Anyone would want to spar with him.

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Young Light in Old Darkness [O]   Young Light in Old Darkness [O] - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Mar - 18:01

ooc; im cool with all at the same time! for s p e e d

As Poppypaw praised him, Rushpaw felt his ears heat up slightly. A grateful response budded on his tongue immediately but felt away at the mention of his mother. He'd never been bitter about his mother's disappearance, she had never mattered much to him. But at the well-intended remark, a particular sadness briefly fluttered in his chest. Darkglow would never see him, or his siblings grow up, would she? The missing queen would never get to witness how appropriate her naming skills had been. He found himself wondering what their parents had thought when naming them... what it had been like when they were born, when their family was whole for forgotten and fleeting moments.

Shaking his head, the dark russet tom offered a meek smile to Poppypaw, "Thank you." The words were soft and he listened intently to the next directions. A spar? Well, he'd hardly had time for a training session. Hopefully his partner wasn't much more skilled than he was. Rolling his shoulders back and stretching slightly, the unpleasant thoughts had been dashed away. With a flick of his ear, he caught Owlpaw's request. Briefly glancing over the dark-pelted apprentice, he decided their match would be even enough, "Alright then, let's do this."

Back to top Go down
PandaPi

PandaPi

Capricorn Horse
Number of posts : 573

PostSubject: Re: Young Light in Old Darkness [O]   Young Light in Old Darkness [O] - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Mar - 18:05

As Moon watched the two young tom's spar he looked around to see whether other wanted to spar him. He would not force it on them, but he was kinda eager to test out the few fighting skills that he had learned. "Does anyone want to spar me?"
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Ambersun (Am) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2372

PostSubject: Re: Young Light in Old Darkness [O]   Young Light in Old Darkness [O] - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar - 0:00

As Poppypaw helped her up, Kitepaw smiled at the she-cat. Was she always that pretty? "Thanks," she said, her fur getting hot. Shaking out her fur after Poppypaw was clear of the radius, the russet she-cat bounded to listen intently to Poppypaw explain the rules. As the calico she-cat explained what was going on, Kitepaw smiled happily at the she-cat. Turning to her sibling that wasn't already paired up, she asked her sister. "Hey, Dovey, do you wanna spar?" she asked. It was more of a formality than anything, but if her sister didn't want to Kitepaw would find someone else.

OOC: I think I'd prefer all at the same time tbh, more speed means less likely for the topic to die out most likely by my hands

pfp by the amazing xaandiir!

Young Light in Old Darkness [O] - Page 2 Image10
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

PostSubject: Re: Young Light in Old Darkness [O]   Young Light in Old Darkness [O] - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar - 14:38

Poppypaw

Poppypaw smiled as she watched the apprentices pair up. Owlpaw and Rushpaw paired up straight away. They were both hardworking apprentices, and they each had their own passions that she was certain would make for a good battle between the two of them. It appeared that Dovepaw was willing to work with her sister Kitepaw, too. With the new numbers, that meant that Moon had no partner, but Poppypaw happily stepped forward.

“Looks like we’re going to be sparring partners!” she mewed brightly to the older apprentice. She looks back to the other two pairs and directed them to areas of the flattened dirt. She meowed to them, “I’ll do my best to still keep an eye on everyone! Give it your all, but remember not to actually raise a claw against your partner. I’ll call time not after too long, so keep an ear out too. Good luck everyone!”

Satisfied that everyone understood and was ready, she turned back to Moon. She gave him a final bright look before she called out, “READY? GO!!” and the sparring began.

[OOC: The sparring portion will begin! I’ve reiterated how things will work below, but I’m sometimes bad at explaining myself, so if you’re confused about anything, PM me or message me on Discord!

More people voted for all of the spars to go at once, so that’s what we’ll be doing. So rather than 2 users playing out their spar, finishing, and then the next 2 do theirs, all 6 of us are going to be going at once. You’ll only need to keep up a posting order between you and your partner, but otherwise you don’t need to wait for other people to post before you can respond to your partner.

The sparring will last for 3 rounds before Poppy will call time and assess how everyone did. This means that you and your partner each get 3 attacks. If you and your partner finish your 3 rounds before other pairs finish, please refrain from posting until after Poppy has called time!

Because this is a spar, no actual damage will be done. This means that you can use a higher level move that would do a lot of damage (ex: Belly Rake) but not actually cause harm to your partner. This means you don’t have to refrain from using Front Paw Strike and use Front Paw Blow instead; you can still use the “clawed” version of strike even though as flavor text, no claws will be used.

Something else to keep of note: This is sparring, and so no actual HP is going to be lost. Any lost HP that is kept track of during this will be reset when we move onto the hunting portion of the games next. HOWEVER, the SP you lose will still be lost when we move onto the hunting section. While we’re out of leafbare, a hunter can still potentially be rolled and interrupt the games. It’s up to you if you want to use up a lot of SP on the sparring or if you want to potentially forego a win to retain SP for the hunting section.

With that explanation out of the way, let us begin!]

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Taurus Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Young Light in Old Darkness [O]   Young Light in Old Darkness [O] - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar - 17:05

The dark pelted tom stood upright, eyes locked onto Rushpaw, unblinking. The way his eyes lingered on his opponent was similar to that of his namesake. Wide, yellow, unblinking. As soon as Poppypaw called out, Owlpaw lunged forward, pretending to go for an attack toward's Rushpaw's muzzle, but instead streaked by. Sharp teeth bore into the other tom's tail, and he pulled hard and fast. Owlpaw was certain it would hurt, but he wasn't about to let Rushpaw get the first hit in. Especially after he had seen how fast the tom moved in the race.

Owlpaw used Tail Yank, stunning Rushpaw, dealing 7 damage and using 15 SP.

Owlpaw
20/20 HP
45/60 SP(-15)

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Young Light in Old Darkness [O]   Young Light in Old Darkness [O] - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar - 18:14

Rushpaw's ear flicked and his head tipped slightly as he leaned back into Poppypaw's words. Alright, it was about to start. His eyes bore into Owlpaw, muscles tense. This was going to be his first battle. The call to began went out and Owlpaw darted forward. One moment the apprentice was in front of him, then he was gone. A sharp pain shot up his spine as his opponent yanked at his tail. There came a short yelp of surprise at the sudden sensation. For a moment, he was stunned, but a desire to do well overwhelmed him. He had to fight it, he had to fight back.

Whipping around, the russet tom lashed out with a forepaw, looking to connect with Owlpaw's cheek.

Rushpaw used Random Recall, using 5 stamina, and is no longer stunned.
Rushpaw also used Front Paw Strike, dealing 6 damage and using 7 stamina.

Rushpaw
HP: 13/20
SP: 47/60

Owlpaw
HP: 14/20
SP: 45/60

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2194

PostSubject: Re: Young Light in Old Darkness [O]   Young Light in Old Darkness [O] - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar - 23:37

Dovepaw was thankful that Kitepaw was her sparring partner. She didn't really want to spar a cat she didn't know, and Kitepaw was so much fun. They could play like kits again! With a grin, she crouched down, before leaping at Kitepaw, laughing the entire time. As much as Dovepaw spent in her own head, she was glad to be able to spend some time with her family. And Kitepaw always was a good sport, too. Dovepaw found that she didn't even care who won.

"This is great, Kitey!"

Kitepaw was the only one of her siblings that got a nickname from Dovepaw. She wasn't much for nicknames, but Kitepaw gave all of them nicknames, she got the same treatment.

Dovepaw used Jumping Strike, dealing 6 "damage" and costing 7 stamina

Dovepaw
20/20 HP
53/60 SP (-7)

Kitepaw
14/20 HP (-6)
60/60 SP

Young Light in Old Darkness [O] - Page 2 SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Young Light in Old Darkness [O]   Young Light in Old Darkness [O] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Young Light in Old Darkness [O]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next