Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4942

The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed]   The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed] - Page 2 EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 6:16

Mottlepaw's head tilted upwards with pride as she was complimented on her catch. However, that pride was short-lived as the owl came into view, and Mottlepaw lept back with surprise. Having the daylights scared out of her unintentionally led the apprentice to drop her prey, and the vole now was buried into a bit of snow. She should have taken the time to put her catch closer to the base of the tree for the sake of easier retrieval later, but her focus was now all on defending Minnowfin - and herself.

The loud screeching of the owl hurt her ears, and she pinned them back at an attempt to deflect some of it. Once more puffing herself up to appear larger, she hissed with as much venom as her small body could muster. At the moment, the owl didn't seem to care much, as its focus was now upon the larger cat who was attempting to attack it. Its talons outstretched, it went to claw at the deputy, continuing its screeches of anger. Watching this only seemed to anger Mottlepaw more, and the fluffy apprentice launched herself on the spot at the owl, her claws unsheathed and launching into the large wing of the bird with another hiss. "Get away from him, you filthy bird!" She yowled with disgust, a low growl now joining the general cadence of the area.

The owl used Talon Strike on Minnowfin, dealing 7 damage and costing 10 SP.
Mottlepaw used Front Paw Strike on the owl, dealing 6 damage and costing 7 SP.

Minnowfin [Disadvantaged Stats Active -5/-30]
18/30 HP (-7)
29/80 SP

Mottlepaw [Disadvantaged Stats Active -5/-30]
15/20 HP
13/60 SP (-7)

Owl
14/30 HP (-6)
80/90 SP (-10)

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :
Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed]   The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 5:40

Sharp talons flashed in front of him, but he continued to press on, adrenaline pushing him to fight. Along with the deafening caws from the flapping creature, Mottlepaw's yowl also reached his ears, bringing him a boost of strength. Together, they would take this owl down. The she-cat's yowl seemed to attract the bird's attention, and so the warrior took advantage of this. Rearing up on hind legs, the tom then lashed out with claws and teeth, finishing the move with a rapid slam on the bird's head. The vigor of his blows left the creature dazed and vulnerable. "Now's your chance Mottlepaw!" he urged.

Minnowfin used Front Paw Strike + Thunderous Stomp, dealing 7 + 2 damage and costing -17 SP.
Owl is stunned for one turn!

18/30 HP
12/80 SP (-17)

Owl
5/30 HP (-9)
80/90 SP

Daisypaw ♀ | WC | App | 20/60 |#ff9966*deceased
Minnowstar ♂ | TC | T2 Warrior | 40/100 | #66ccff
Flurrypaw ♀ | TC | App | 20/60 |#9966ff
Martenpaw ♀ | RC | App | 20/60 | #cc0033*deceased
my cattos // feel free to pm!

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed]   The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 5:57

Mottlepaw's gaze was focused on continuing to tear at the birds wing as best as she could, only to hear it let out a piercing shriek as its head was bashed into the forest floor below. Hearing Minnowfin's call, she switched from raking her claws along the owl's wing to using her teeth, dealing a sharp blow around its feathered neck. Her soft growl continued until she knew the large feathered beast was dead, and at that point she finally stepped away. Mottlepaw was certainly out of breath from the adrenaline rush, and her coat was still fluffed out to be two or three times its normal size. "Think... the clan... would eat this thing?" She mused, stretching out into the snow to take a moment to breathe.

Mottlepaw used Snap, dealing 6 damage and costing 7 stamina!
Owl is dead!

18/30 HP
12/80 SP

Mottlepaw [Disadvantaged Stats Active -5/-30]
15/20 HP
6/60 SP (-7)

Owl
KO!

Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :
Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed]   The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed] - Page 2 EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 18:31

The apprentice went straight for the neck and the owl was dead within seconds. That last move he had used caused him to pant. Such bursts of movement required a lot of energy and doing so on an unfilled belly was even worse. Thankfully, the snake and owl would provide a good amount of food for their growing clan for the day. His hunger could wait for a bit longer. The glint of orange fire in his eyes died away with the boost of energy from the fight. A soft gaze returned to the fluffed-up tortoiseshell, bringing a tiny smile onto his maw. Laying in the snow didn't seem like such a bad idea. "Huh? ...oh- yeah, with what little prey we have at the moment, I'm sure they'll accept this. As long as it fills bellies." Following her example, the tom picked a spot across the she-cat and sprawled out on the cold blanket. The blood pumping in his heart radiated heat, making the snow feel like a refreshing icy bath. He lay there for a while, eyes staring up into the wintery, pale blue sky. They could not lay there all day, however. Inhaling a frosty breath, he then rose onto his paws.

"As much as I'd love to lay here all day, watching clouds go by, we'd best bring the fresh-kill back to camp while it's still warm. I'll drag this owl to camp. You can go ahead and take your vole and the snake. If you waited for me, I'd just slow you down, so... lead the way." he meowed, then clamped his jaws on the owl's wing. A reassuring nod went to the apprentice. Let's get going. it communicated.

Daisypaw ♀ | WC | App | 20/60 |#ff9966*deceased
Minnowstar ♂ | TC | T2 Warrior | 40/100 | #66ccff
Flurrypaw ♀ | TC | App | 20/60 |#9966ff
Martenpaw ♀ | RC | App | 20/60 | #cc0033*deceased
my cattos // feel free to pm!

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed]   The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed] - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Feb 2022 - 6:42

Mottlepaw nodded towards the deputy upon the confirmation that the owl would bring some more use to the Clan outside of simply being a nuisance to the both of them. As she took some time to recouperate within the snow, she groomed some of the blood and filth off of her paws. It wasn't that she really cared - but the moisture from the blood certainly wouldn't bode well for the young apprentice if she allowed herself to freeze because of it. She would be much better off with the simple chill her tongue left behind, and that was the preferrable option. Upon the summons by Minnowfin to get going back to camp, she heaved herself out of her comforting spot and gave him a nod.

Before she went and grabbed her own kill, Mottlepaw came over and gently pressed her nose against the tom's shoulder out of respect. "Thank you for teaching me to hunt." After the brief gesture, she padded off to collect the snake and her vole. The fruits of their labor would feed the Clan a decent bit, even if she personally didn't feel for the cat who would end up enjoying the snake. Would a Shadowclan cat eat a snake? It sounded disgusting. However, she followed Minnowfin's instructions, giving him a nod and happily trotting towards the camp.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed]   The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2