Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed] Empty
PostSubject: The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed]   The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed] EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 5:49 pm

It was typically said to never underestimate the quiet - that they usually stole secrets, and knew quite a bit more than those who talked. Mottlepaw soon rose to be the example of this phrase, with the tortoiseshell apprentice observing the struggles of the Clan and mentally categorizing them rather quickly. Upon Minnowfin being named deputy, whom she had only ever known as a figure older than her to look up to, the doubt that circled the Clan over Stoatstar's choice was... concerning. Especially considering the outburst of one of her fellow apprentices. While she had brushed that off as best she could to a matter of 'young cats thinking they knew better,' there were a few aspects of her Clan that continued to bring worry to the young she-cat.

One of those was the mighty leader himself, of which Mottlepaw found was her temporary mentor. Ever since her apprentice ceremony, she noticed how exhausted his frame looked. Even with the lives given to him by StarClan, not even they could help the lack of sleep that became obvious on the tom's frame. Having spotted the deputy, her amber gaze blinked as she adopted an idea. Mottlepaw knew she needed to get training - but she wasn't going to dare bother Stoatstar. Quietly, she crossed over to the tom, dipping her head to him. "Minnowfin? Sir?" She asked, her soft voice full of respect.

"I would like to learn how to hunt." She declared. It was probably the boldest her voice had ever been, only to become much softer with her next sentence. "For Stoatstar. He needs to eat... but I'd like to surprise him." Her amber gaze was full of hope, but also a deep care. Everybody within the Clan she cared about fiercely - even if it started with her practically mothering her mentor.
Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :
Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed]   The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed] EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 7:31 pm

Pondering who to take on a hunting patrol, the young deputy found himself scanning the snowy camp. Usually, he'd go with his mentor, but his days of being an apprentice were now at an end, beginning a new chapter as a warrior. A certain small she-cat caught his eye, but apparently, he had caught hers as well. An inquiring look on his face was greeted with a graceful bow, a form of respect. Taken aback by the use of the word 'sir', it took him a second to process what she was asking. Hunt? For Stoatstar? A smile, warm and welcoming appeared on his maw. "There's no need to call me a 'sir', I don't deserve that title... and I'm not really one to seek attention. I'll gladly teach you to hunt though... Especially for Stoatstar. I think it's a very caring and thoughtful idea... almost wish I'd thought of it myself!" he mewed, a soft chuckle following his words. Such pretty eyes held a plead, and honest care.

"Has he taken you around the territory? From my experience, he prefers apprentices seeing the territory on patrol rather than in training..." With a light tone of voice, he gestured with his tail for the tortoiseshell to follow. Slipping through the foliage of entrance, he kept at a manageable pace for the two of them. Sharing a quiet nature, a peaceful silence accompanied them as the warrior led the way to a magnificent tree, though no leaves dotted its branches. The Great Sycamore. About to address the pretty she-cat, he realized he hadn't a clue what her name was. "I don't think I know your name...?"

Daisypaw ♀ | WC | App | 20/60 |#ff9966*deceased
Minnowstar ♂ | TC | T2 Warrior | 40/100 | #66ccff
Flurrypaw ♀ | TC | App | 20/60 |#9966ff
Martenpaw ♀ | RC | App | 20/60 | #cc0033*deceased
my cattos // feel free to pm!

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed]   The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed] EmptySun Feb 06, 2022 8:06 pm

Mottlepaw tilted her head down as he said she needn't call him sir - and the word almost formed on the tip of her tongue again before she stopped herself. Her eyes lit up upon the approval of her plan, her tail immediately rising in suit. "Thank you!" Her gratitude shone all over her small frame, and she quickly collected herself back onto her paws to follow the deputy as he signaled her to follow.

Tilting her head at his question, she flicked her ear as she thought about it for a moment. "No... after my ceremony, I told him he should rest. Then he received his lives, and made you deputy." She recounted the events of the past few days in her mind. She honestly wasn't the slightest bit upset he hadn't been able to train her - the exhaustion on his frame was apparent even to her. The tortoiseshell knew that there'd be no point in being trained if Stoatstar was on the brink of collapsing into a nap at any moment. But, now that she was properly being given a tour, her head stayed just slightly tilted as she took everything in. Sure, she could have gone and explored on her own. However, the comfort of another cat with her was something she wasn't about to go without on her first time truly beyond the camp.

The mostly quiet journey around the territory was rather calming to the she-cat. The silver and white tom serving as her guide seemed to share in the peace that silence brought, and it truly made the experience less overwhelming. Being able to process everything at her own pace without being bombarded with questions was a breath of fresh air. She had heard from a few other apprentices that sometimes their mentor would quiz them on everything. Lost in her thoughts of taking everything in, a soft prrt~? of surprise came as a result of Minnowfin asking her name. "Oh, I'm Mottlepaw. I... believe I was apprenticed just after you got your warrior name..." Her head once more tilted as she vaguely recalled having heard his ceremony while she was still in the nursery. "This is cool..." Her soft voice spoke with wonder and amazement as she looked from Minnowfin to the Great Sycamore. It was easily one of the largest trees she figured she would ever see in her life, and her mind wandered to how its branches might look during Newleaf.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :

PostSubject: Re: The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed]   The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed] EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 4:58 am

"This is cool..."

He could understand the she-cat's amazement, he himself having only been to the spot a couple of times before. "The Great Sycamore. I've never seen it in full bloom, but... it still is a sight to see, even in leaf-bare." he agreed, an unintentional reminder of his age. Letting the apprentice take in the scenery for a little while longer, he then began. "Sorry to interrupt your lovely tour, but we'd better get started with what we came here to do, no?" Dropping into a perfected hunting crouch, he explained his form. "When stalking prey, we want to be invisible to them, unseen and unheard and... unscented? You get my point- To do this, you want to get down low, crouch real low, but don't let your belly fur brush against the ground. Be careful of where you tread- stepping on a branch will send prey skittering away and you definitely don't want to step in a rabbit hole, or in our case, deep snow. Keep your paws light as you can, and make sure you're downwind." Straightening up, he felt sympathy for the young molly. "I know it's a lot to take in, but... do your best to try. It gets easier with practice." He gave the apprentice an encouraging nod, urging her to give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed]   The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed] EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 11:57 am

The note to just how young the deputy still was didn't go past Mottlepaw's mind. It was somewhat surprising to think that the Deputy wasn't all that much older than her - given they both had yet to see the Great Sycamore at the height of its beauty. Perhaps we could see it in full bloom together? the apprentice thought briefly. After all, she was greatly enjoying his much more subdued company. Her ear flicked as her gaze once more went to study the Tom, giving a solid nod in response to his comment upon bringing them back to completing the original task they had assigned themselves.

She shifted her body to sit directly across from the silver tom, studying his frame with inquisitive amber eyes. A quiet chuckle at his comment of remaining unscented could barely be heard from her patterned frame, but she was paying attention nontheless. Mottlepaw took note on how his paws tucked not directly under his chest - but just a bit beyond, and how his tail leveled out flat behind him, staying just above the ground much like his belly. Once he straightened back up, it was her turn to try. After processing the mental image she had just taken in, she did her best to copy the form. She allowed her body to straighten out so she could properly tuck her paws in the right way, with her head and tail creating a line with her back. Once satisfied with how she had attempted to copy Minnowfin's positioning, she took a couple of careful steps forward. Her gaze remained straight on Minnowfin - honed in on him as if he were a piece of prey, but taking a couple brief moments at the start to glance at just where her paws where about to go. Once she had tred her way up to the deputy as quietly as possible, she returned to a sitting position with as much grace as her small frame could muster. "Like that?"

Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :

PostSubject: Re: The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed]   The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed] EmptyMon Feb 07, 2022 7:38 pm

She's a natural... he gushed mentally, admiring the speed of her learning. Amber gaze focused on his form, he felt his pelt prickle with a feeling strange to him. It was not uncomfortable but left the young warrior confused. What was this? Shaking the unusual sensation aside, he briefly looked away and composed himself. When he looked back, he found the molly right in front of him, an expectant question waiting. Butterflies erupted in his belly; the flustered tom cleared his throat and answered. "y-Yes, that was perfect-" Stammering was not a good sign; he needed to get out of the tortoiseshell's fur. "Let's try it on some prey. Recognize any scents?" he meowed, an excuse to step away. The tom even parted his jaws to cover up the act.

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed]   The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed] EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 1:00 pm

Mottlepaw's head had tilted with curiosity as she awaited her assessment from Mottlefin, only to be filled with pride as he called her attempt perfect. The sweet molly thought she had heard a stutter come from the deputy - but a flick of her ear dismissed it quietly. There was a deep sense of pride that filled her as Minnowfin deemed her ready to attempt to hunt some real prey - even though all she had been stalking was a silver, stationary deputy. Giving a brief nod, Mottlepaw stood up and took a couple of paces away from Minnowfin of her own. The tortie opened her maw to allow more scent come through her jaw, the cold, leafbare air giving a jolt to her senses.

A gentle scent pricked her nose, and instantly, all of her attention honed in upon it. "I smell a mouse..." Her voice was soft, just above a whisper, as if she was afraid to startle her prey. Dropping into her hunting crouch, she began to sneak forward to attempt to catch her prey. Her posture was smooth, and her steps were silent - however, it seemed another creature was out within the forest and had eyed the exact same kill.

The amber gaze whipped to the side as she heard the signature Hiissssss of a snake, and the fur along her spine rippled along her pelt. The mouse, which had been nearby, quickly scurried away. Mottlepaw hissed back at the snake, and her ears pinned back against her head. Coiling back a bit her own, she lept towards the snake with her claws outstretched, landing upon its tail and smacking it with as much strength as her small paws had.

A Snake has appeared!
Mottlepaw used Jumping Strike, causing 9 damage and using 7 stamina.

Mottlepaw:
20/20 HP
46/60 SP

Snake
6/15 HP
75/75 SP

Last edited by Kitty on Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed]   The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed] EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 1:00 pm

The member 'Kitty' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed] Mistpe10
The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
sprout

sprout

Characters :

PostSubject: Re: The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed]   The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed] EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 5:27 pm

The scent of mouse lingered in his jaws, and he nodded at the apprentice's whisper. The she-cat seemed to have no problem pinpointing the creature, silent pawsteps making their way closer to the prey. But then, the prickly scent of an adder spiked, causing his pelt to bristle in alarm. Words stuck in his throat. Fortunately, the molly was quick to react, striking at the snake. Joining in, he quickly killed the creature, slamming his paw down on its head. Don't you dare lay a scale on her- Keeping his paw firmly on the snake, he made sure it was dead. Giving a silent thanks to Starclan, he then turned to the tortoiseshell. "That was bad luck- you would've gotten that mouse, I'm sure. Sorry I couldn't warn you sooner about that snake. You have great fighting instinct though..."

Serpentine Movement is Active- Next move hits!
Minnowfin used Front Paw Strike, dealing 7 damage, costing -7 SP.
Snake is KO-ed.

Minnowfin [Disadvantaged Stats Active -5/-30]
25/30 HP
43/80 SP (-7)

Mottlepaw [Disadvantaged Stats Active -5/-30]
15/20 HP
27/60 SP (-7)

Snake/Adder
KO

Last edited by sprout on Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :

PostSubject: Re: The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed]   The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed] EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 5:37 pm

ooc: forgot to add the dice idk what's wrong with me- I think they still have disadvantaged stats due to TC not holding disputed territory?

Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed]   The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed] EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 5:37 pm

The member 'sprout' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 1

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed]   The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed] EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 5:50 pm

With her black and orange fur fluffed out to make her look as if she was a mix of soot and flame, her amber gaze briefly flicked over to watch as Minnowfin came over and brought his paw over the snake's head. She was quite ready to strike, and it took her a moment to slow her racing heart. Shaking out her head as a way to reset, she dipped her head to Minnowfin. "T-Thank you." She truly was grateful that the tom was there to help her, but Mottlepaw felt a bit flustered at the fact that her hunting attempt turned into attacking a snake. Unfortunately, it didn't look like it'd make much of a meal at all. "I don't like fighting." She admitted quietly, licking down a puffed tuft of her chest fur. "I want to try to find something else." She decided, still feeling as if she had enough energy to make another attempt at catching something. Looking around, she spotted a denser patch of flora.

Padding over to the close by section, she scented the air again. She could certainly smell a vole, and once again, she found herself flattened out to the crouch Minnowfin had shown her earlier. Her whiskers twitched with anticipation as her gaze locked onto the small silver creature - and a quick leap found her right on top of her target, her maw instinctively nipping at its head to end the vole's life. "Thank you StarClan..." Mottlepaw breathed, before picking it up in her jaws and carrying her prize back to the deputy. Her tail stood straight up with pride, and her paws carried her with a happy trot.

Mottlepaw [Disadvantaged Stats Active -5/-30]
15/20 HP
20/60 SP (-7)

Last edited by Kitty on Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed]   The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed] EmptyTue Feb 08, 2022 5:50 pm

The member 'Kitty' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Characters :

PostSubject: Re: The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed]   The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed] EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 5:11 am

While Mottlepaw continued her hunt, the deputy searched for his own prey. Jaws parted yet again, taking in everything from the frosty air to the scent of his companion. Surprisingly, he could hear a soft scrabbling at the base of a nearby tree. Inaudible movement brought him closer and closer. Ears suddenly twitched and round eyes looked into his own. Something alerted the squirrel, causing it to dart up into a tree, too quick for the warrior to chase after. It was puzzling. He hadn't made a sound...

Eyes flickered up from his situation, spotting prey in the jaws of the happy apprentice. "Nice catch! Stoatstar will be lucky to enjoy that select piece of fine prey from his apprentice-" he meowed lightheartedly. At the moment, pride surged through the tom, the vole being a testimony to his successful lesson. In a sudden burst of fluttering movement, an owl swooped from above, its loud calls disrupting the area. The bird was targeting the smaller of the two, but the deputy was not about to allow the apprentice to become prey. With a furious yowl, he launched himself on the bird, the latter screeching its beak off.

An owl has appeared!
Minnowfin used Jumping Strike on the owl, dealing 10 damage and costing -7 SP.

Minnowfin [Disadvantaged Stats Active -5/-30]
25/30 HP
29/80 SP (-14)

Owl
20/30 HP (-10)
90/90 SP

Last edited by sprout on Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed]   The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed] EmptyWed Feb 09, 2022 5:11 am

The member 'sprout' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed]   The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mottled who Told the Minnow [closed]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next