Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

And with this Post I Make My Exit....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Characters : Flamethrower
Clan/Rank : Rogue [T1]
Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 1215

And with this Post I Make My Exit.... Empty
PostAnd with this Post I Make My Exit....

I'm sure you've all noticed my on-and-off levels of activity, and most recently the death of Mink. This is because I'm extricating myself from the site. Yep, I'm leaving for good.

Honestly, my time here on WCC has been a ride. As they say, "it was the best of times, and it was the worst of times" or something along those lines. This site has been a joy to be a part of, not least because of all of you - my fellow crazy cat maniacs - and I'm sad to finally lay it down, but I believe it's for the best on all fronts. You see, in recent times especially, I've found WCC fighting for my attention at the cost of personal projects I've been trying to complete, and all my other writing has ground to a virtual standstill (along with some of my social life, because unfortunately that tends to fall low on my priority list). I found myself viewing this site more and more as a drain on my time and brainpower, and so around December I decided that I was finally going to take the plunge and leave. So now, I'm following through on that.

WCC has been a phenomenal learning curve, and I've grown so much as a writer since I joined, and met so many great writers who inhabit the site - many of which have influenced me to grow and push forward in how I convey prose and characters. Mink's life in particular was such a roller coaster, and if I hadn't come here I doubt I ever would have written a scene that actually made me cry the way these last few topics have. I'll miss this, and I wouldn't exchange the time I've had here and the things I've learned for the world, but now I feel that I'll grow more once I've stepped away. Y'all have been such inspirations with your passion and love for the site, despite the occasional drama and the rough times, and I hope this place continues for many more years.

I'll continue to hang around for a bit until all the loose ends are wrapped up, but I don't expect I shall ever make a new character and return here. Speaking of which, in regards to Flame and Sable:

Sablepaw wanders the territories beyond the Clans looking for Hickorypaw. I'd like to believe she eventually ends up finding the Tribe, whom she heard a lot about from her mother's stories, and lives out the rest of her days there.

Flamepaw snuck out of camp on a solo hunting patrol and ended up attacked by a dog and dragged away. He was rescued by twolegs and taken in, moving far from the Clans. Eventually, he escapes and falls in with a group of city strays, taking up the name Flamethrower and getting up to all sorts of mischief. Yet he never forgets WindClan, and feels a bit homesick from time to time (despite what he'd say to anyone else).

And that about wraps it up. Love you guys - keep on keeping on <3

pics of me cats:

In order from left to right
Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Swansong | Rift | Cleft Spyre | Sablepaw/Lirista | Minkstar | Murkpaw
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/piiec
Share this post on: reddit

And with this Post I Make My Exit.... :: Comments

Tara
Re: And with this Post I Make My Exit....
Post Thu 3 Feb 2022 - 17:22 by Tara (Online)
Goodbye Chicken Cry Take care. I've always loved your writing. I will miss it.

And with this Post I Make My Exit....

Page 1 of 1