Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

An Explanation & Apology

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Characters : Turtlefur, Goldenstar, Lynxpetal, Creekpaw, Lightningpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger
Number of posts : 8190

An Explanation & Apology Empty
PostAn Explanation & Apology

Hello WCC, I can say I'm genuinely pleased to be posting once more but also I regret the circumstances. I'll be sending a more thorough, transparent explanation of the situation of Discord's 18+ channel, and then I will be leaving. JJ has already stepped up to fill my place as SkyClan's leader, and I'd like to say that I'm happy for her and wish her the best of luck with Wolfstar. She was a fantastic deputy and I have no doubt at all that she'll do great things with SkyClan.

Now, most of the members who are on Discord know I've been struggling with school and mental health. I was diagnosed with ADHD and severe depression, among other things. This all came to a head on October 27th and I was admitted to a mental health hospital for my own safety. Unfortunately, I was given very little time to prepare and only managed to tell one or two WCC members about it. I had no access to my phone or any type of internet-connected device. Thus, I was unable to communicate with WCC about my situation. I recognize that I was not in the right place to lead SkyClan. I recognize that I have not been in the right place to have leadership for quite some time, and I recognize that I should have stepped down a while ago. I didn't even want leadership when it was put on my shoulders; I'm not sure what made me hold onto it so fiercely, except perhaps my wounded pride or maybe WCC has been the only place I've felt competent for a long time.

Let me clear something up: on the 27th of October, Moss sent me my results for the higher ranks survey. There were some scathing remarks that I found hurtful. However, this had absolutely nothing to do with my admittance to the mental hospital, as I was already in the process of being transported there by my therapist when I received them. I had already decided that I'd step down from leadership if I was hospitalized; you can ask Ripped for confirmation. The survey results would not have made an impact on me in any other circumstance, either, so please know that no one is responsible for my mental health but myself. It's a poorly-kept secret that at least one member has been eying my position for a while. I sincerely hope their energy is put to better use now, and that they never feel that WCC is a job rather than a hobby like I did. I genuinely wish that SkyClan, and the rest of the site, thrives with high ranks that love their responsibilities.

I'll be leaving the site for an indefinite amount of time. This isn't something I'm doing out of spite or anger. I'm not angry or upset with anyone and I don't want anyone to feel like I was chased away. This is for the benefit of my mental health. I have a lot of healing to do and I simply can't do it here, where I feel obligated to give my time to other people. I do love this site, the members, and the good memories I've had here. I hope to be back sometime in the future, when I feel like myself again. Until then, here are my characters' statuses:

Spottedstar, feeling lost without his brother and irrepairably at odds with the rest of his Clan, and long tired of a responsibility that most seem to loathe him for, has abandoned SkyClan. He found his way to the mountains where he learned to love isolation, independence, and freedom. He became a true mountain-cat, guided by Lion's Eye, who left StarClan to remain with Spottedstar. Eventually he made contact with the Tribe where he was welcomed as a member - a prey-hunter. He was given the honorary name Sunlight through Darkest Clouds. The shortened nickname Sunlight sounded too much like a warrior name to him, so to this day he goes by the short and sweet nickname of Sun.

Harefoot grew sick with the leaf-fall chill. Although he fought long and hard to stay with his dearly beloved Ferretnose, he eventually passed and was able to rest in StarClan. He looks down on his family with love and pride, and stays by Beartooth's side while they patiently wait for Ferretnose to join them. They don't rush her, though. They take joy in her life and her happiness.

Turtlepaw was captured by twolegs while trying to impress Stormbringer by challenging trespassers. If I return, I would like to pick back up with him. For now, he is trapped in an animal shelter.

Juniperlight disappeared as suddenly as Spottedstar. He had tried to track down his father after realizing before the rest of the Clan that they had been abandoned, filled with dreams of returning the lost leader to the Clan and returning him to his former, happier self. However, Juniperlight lost the trail in the mountains and was unable to survive the difficult conditions. His soul is lost, and cannot be found in StarClan.

I do not give anyone permission to create descendants of any of my characters, except through the family line that already exists - i.e. no children of Spot or Juniper coming from the mountains.

Finally, I'd like to apologize for the difficulties I've created by being so spotty with my activity. I hope to see you again eventually.

-Sun

Sun // Living Characters // Deceased Characters
An Explanation & Apology 713E5771-31B2-4EA8-B75F-EC3A67DB4C32
Turtlefur || Tom || RiverClan T5 Warrior || Requirements || #cc9900
Goldenstar || She-cat || WindClan T5 Leader || Requirements || burlywood
Lynxpetal || She-cat || SkyClan Queen || darkblue
Lightningpaw || Tom || WindClan Apprentice || #dfd47e
Creekpaw || She-cat || RiverClan Apprentice || #4c5682
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

An Explanation & Apology :: Comments

deer
Re: An Explanation & Apology
Post Mon 9 Nov 2020 - 10:36 by deer
Sun, I have a lot to say, so I’m going to try to keep it brief.

When I first joined, I quickly found the Hare/Bear/Ferret litter. You gave me one of my first and favorite characters, and I thank you for that. You also were one of my first mentors, which was so important when I was still learning about WCC and roleplaying. I didn’t see much of your leader action besides at Gatherings, but I’ve loved all of your characters. Spottedstar with the site wide, especially. I haven’t talked to you an extreme amount, but you were such a large part of my WCC experience and I’ll miss you.

That being said, I understand completely why you are stepping away, and you are so brave to do so. I wish you the best of luck in future endeavors, and I’ll be keeping you in my thoughts.

lots of love <3

deer
kjSage
Post Mon 9 Nov 2020 - 11:05 by kjSage (Online)
I'll tell you the same thing I've told others: your mental health is important. Your mental health is more important than a random cat roleplay. Stepping away from something, especially something that brought enjoyment, is hard. Stepping away from a leadership position (even if it was originally unwanted) is hard. Knowing when to step away for your own health/realizing you've taken on too much/etc/for the health of the group/etc and actually following through is harder still and I applaud those with the strength to do so.

We didn't know each other all that well OOC, but Skyclan was the first clan I joined back in the summer. Spottedstar was a fun character to read and I enjoyed the few interactions we had in-character with him and Beechpaw. Reading interactions between Spot and other characters was always entertaining.

Take the time to focus on yourself, Sun. If you decide to return in the future we'll be happy to have you.
Post Mon 9 Nov 2020 - 18:18 by Peridot
we'll miss you dearly, sun, and i hope that you can one day return to us! until then, i give you well wishes with your mental health, and i hope that your recovery is swift and easy. if it isn't, then know that my thoughts are with you, and we all wish you well. take care of yourself 💚
JJ
Post Mon 9 Nov 2020 - 18:40 by JJ
Thank you for everything you've given to me since I joined. Wolf is my first and absolute favorite character and without yours and Spot's influence he wouldn't be half as fleshed out as he is. Thank you for inviting me to be a part of SkyClan, showing me the ropes of leadership, and trusting me with it. I really hope you'll come back to us when it's convenient with you, and if you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to hit me up on Discord.
Post  by Sponsored content

An Explanation & Apology

Page 1 of 1