Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Well now. It's quite easy to understand.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Icee
Former Staff
Former Staff
Icee

Characters : Magpiepaw, Greenpaw, Mosskit
Clan/Rank : [MP] SC Apprentice || [GP] TC Apprentice || [MK] WindClan Kit
Aries Tiger
Number of posts : 2708

Well now. It's quite easy to understand. - Page 2 Empty
PostWell now. It's quite easy to understand.

Okay people. It's time that the Icee get semi-involved.

You've all been slouching over your over-used computers for hours on end spamming up topics with "Get ur arses on teh site!!!1!!". Well, how's that working out?
I can understand your concern but really, just posting about it won't help. A lot of people don't even get on to check the topics, so how would they know to actually get on? I'll let that sink in.

Now that you understand that, it's time that you understand something else.

Most of the people that have joined 2-3 years ago joined when they were in middle school. Now, at this point, they would be in High School. Those who were younger are most likely stuck up to their eyeballs with homework(during the school year of course). So that means people don't actually have the spare time to get on anymore.
Another issue: People are boooorrrreeeedddd! The site isn't as fun as before. Either people are loosing interest, or maybe the topics aren't as fun.
Or maybe people are just growing up.
Think about it. Warriors was made for a younger audience. The Erins didn't put blood and gore in the fights for a reason. Plus you know, people get distracted with other things too. Like Zelda, in my case(In Dead's case too, cause he's just too lazy to post anything himself).

Anyways, my point is, old members just don't have anything on here to keep them coming back. Aside from those few whom are trying to keep their innocence going for a couple more years.
People (like me) come on to talk to their old friends of course but it doesn't mean you can force them back into the roleplay.

If you really want more people to come on, why not go and get new members? Find younger people who will stay on longer. Who knows? Some of them may become the new leaders, or admins. You won't know until you try.

From Icee, and Dead. Somewhat. Cause he's just telling me what to say while playing Zelda right beside me.

(P.S. If you decided to flame me for my word choice, then you might as well put a 'Dunce' cap on your head. Say something serious people. It's not that hard.)

Well now. It's quite easy to understand. - Page 2 N05yAsy
magpiepaw ┗━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┛ greenpaw
PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Well now. It's quite easy to understand. :: Comments

Moon
Re: Well now. It's quite easy to understand.
Post Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 13:42 by Moon
Icee :: Thistle wrote:
@Moon: I know it was rude. But if you are mature like Sleepy said, then you can understand in tough situations, people need to be a little more harsh with their words. It actually makes people listen. Everything can't just be rainbows and ponies. It's a part of life.

It can so be rainbows and ponies. Being a cynical pessimist is a choice, not a part of life. No, in tough situations (which you're blowing out of proportion), people need reassurance and compassion. Not harsh words. And using a bit of tact wouldn't hurt you. It's not that hard.

Dead - Pikepaw wrote:
I think we get it, Moon.. You already stated your opinion. I don't see the need to add onto it.

People have been complaining to us (as in, me and Icee both) about how they don't want the site to die, and personally, it's getting on my nerves. Trust me, this site used to intrigue me to the point obsession (I'm sure others, as well), but it simply doesn't have that effect on us anymore. I'm just stating that I don't want someone coming up to me and moaning their dissent to us about how they don't want me to leave the site, because of it's "nigh end". I'm going into Gr. 10, and I will either not have time to come on or not want to.

.. You know what? I'm not even going to attempt to argue anymore, so f*ck it. There's no initial point, since it's just going to end up getting this topic locked, like always.
Lastly, I'm just going to say that every roleplay site will grow out of it's glory days at some point, and we just have to move on. Essentially, if you love something, let it go. Life goes on.

Uh wut.

If it is getting on your nerves, tell them that. I'm happy for you that the site doesn't affect you. (It doesn't really affect anyone. I just have what I consider friends here. It isn't like I'll see them at school the next day if the site dies.) I'm sorry that you feel that you need to announce to everyone that someone is pestering you about leaving. You're allowed to leave. Tell the person that is bothering you this, not everyone. I don't think WCC is just going to die spontaneously, Dead. And you're never too old for friends. (yes. The site's topic is a bit immature, but so what? I liked it at one time.)

Okay, but no one is arguing. I don't think it will get locked. Life goes on. Right. Okay. Well, I hope "we" is you and Ice, because I don't think everyone is just going to leave. xD Bye!
Sunny
Post Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 17:31 by Sunny
Sleeps: I was just agreeing.
Jay: o.O I don't want a back rub......
Hope
Post Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 18:12 by Hope
Sunny, you can just say that you agree please, or just keep that opinion to yourself >:I glob.

Quote :
You've all been slouching over your over-used computers for hours on end spamming up topics with "Get ur arses on teh site!!!1!!". Well, how's that working out?

Umm, I actually haven't seen much of that except for in the chatbox topic, but okay o3o

And since when was there any forcing into roleplay?? ono I just see some empty statements here.
Jay
Post Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 18:16 by Jay
I mean, I see what you are going at with this, but you seriously insulted the site when probably five people at most said it. You may not care if it dies, and I am fine with that, but other people do, and you have no right to say: "Stop trying to save a site where all of us are good friends and really enjoy talking with each other. It is irking me!"
Small
Post Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 13:20 by Small
Jay, I don't think she's trying to say that.

Moon, that might be how Icee was raised. To believe life isn't meant to be Pegasi and Roses. I sure was.

Icee, Can you cnhange some stuff in that post to appeal to other people? I don't want it to start a fight.
Sleepy
Post Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 13:49 by Sleepy
You're right.

Let's all be pessimistic and watch all of the friends that we've built over the years slowly drift away from our only medium of communication.
Bloo
Post Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 13:58 by Bloo
ERMEHGERD STERP THER VIRLERNCE.

:cerealguyplz:
not fish
Post Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 14:49 by not fish
Jay, honestly, you're making it sound as if Icee wants people to leave.. and don't even question why I'm defending her. I do understand the way she chose to submit her post was misleading and slightly harsh (for some people), but that is clearly not the case.

.. I don't even know why I some people bother to state their opinion anymore, because I, for one, get mine stomped as if it were a bug. I'm not that stupid, you know. Moon, I never once said that the site was spontaneously going to poof into nonexistence. That's what certain individuals are describing this "member loss" to be, and that's what I'm tired of. The reason I'm posting here instead of complaining directly to them is because that's what Member Announcements is for; having people notice what you're saying, without having to bombard them with PMs.

Don't get me wrong, I've grown to love it here (truthfully because of the chance to talk to people, but originally for the role-play).
I am not one of the ones panicking over the activity levels of WCC slowly dropping; I'm not worried about it at all (just look at the section at the bottom of the homepage.. There are still tons of members dropping in here daily). I don't want people panicking, because there's no legitimate reason to. Sure, WCC is an easy way to communicate with others, but there are countless other ways of talking to people. I'm not going to go in-depth with that, but I just don't see a reason to freak out.
I don't want this site to die, but I also don't see why anyone should be so paralyzed with fear over this "issue".

If you would excuse me, I'm done arguing, and I'm going to do something productive with this site. I'd hope you guys are, too.
Hope
Post Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 18:58 by Hope
Actually Small, it does kind of sound like that's what she's trying to say ono
Jay
Post Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 19:26 by Jay
Yet, when people post their opinion about how they think the site is dying in roleplay and want to help it, you squash them like a bug. And yes, from what I read, I just said what she said more bluntly. If you don't like it, ignore it. Obviously people have different mindsets than you, and you should respect that instead of making a topic yelling at them. ono Seriously, what did you expect? Everyone to commend your nobility and crown you King and Queen of WCC? Hello. ARE WE ON THE SAME SITE? DDDD:
not fish
Post Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 21:33 by not fish
.. Actually, no, I would never put down someone's attempt to revive this site's RP, Jay. In case you didn't notice, I like it here. I've been here for almost two years putting up with everyone (not that there's really been any serious fighting, though). I three hours on a couple different sites trying to advertise WCC. I just don't understand why certain people have been so afraid of losing WCC, seeing how many dedicated members have been working to re-boot it.
I'm not yelling at anyone at the moment, and I don't expect anyone to be bowing to me.
Jay
Post Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 21:41 by Jay
They are trying to save roleplay, not the whole site. And yelling at and insulting. Same thing on a keyboard.
not fish
Post Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 21:46 by not fish
You know what.. I'm just gonna go play Zelda.

You win.
THIS TIME.
:uwindistimeplz
Sleepy
Post Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 22:31 by Sleepy
Th--

Damn it.

Too late.

You've beaten me this time, Jayboy, but I'll be baaaaaack D8<
Jay
Post Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 22:43 by Jay
Jayboy? You sound like one of my sisters mocking me. ;_;

Well now. It's quite easy to understand.

Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next