Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Well now. It's quite easy to understand.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Icee
Former Staff
Former Staff
Icee

Characters : Magpiepaw, Greenpaw, Mosskit
Clan/Rank : [MP] SC Apprentice || [GP] TC Apprentice || [MK] WindClan Kit
Aries Tiger
Number of posts : 2708

Well now. It's quite easy to understand. Empty
PostWell now. It's quite easy to understand.

Okay people. It's time that the Icee get semi-involved.

You've all been slouching over your over-used computers for hours on end spamming up topics with "Get ur arses on teh site!!!1!!". Well, how's that working out?
I can understand your concern but really, just posting about it won't help. A lot of people don't even get on to check the topics, so how would they know to actually get on? I'll let that sink in.

Now that you understand that, it's time that you understand something else.

Most of the people that have joined 2-3 years ago joined when they were in middle school. Now, at this point, they would be in High School. Those who were younger are most likely stuck up to their eyeballs with homework(during the school year of course). So that means people don't actually have the spare time to get on anymore.
Another issue: People are boooorrrreeeedddd! The site isn't as fun as before. Either people are loosing interest, or maybe the topics aren't as fun.
Or maybe people are just growing up.
Think about it. Warriors was made for a younger audience. The Erins didn't put blood and gore in the fights for a reason. Plus you know, people get distracted with other things too. Like Zelda, in my case(In Dead's case too, cause he's just too lazy to post anything himself).

Anyways, my point is, old members just don't have anything on here to keep them coming back. Aside from those few whom are trying to keep their innocence going for a couple more years.
People (like me) come on to talk to their old friends of course but it doesn't mean you can force them back into the roleplay.

If you really want more people to come on, why not go and get new members? Find younger people who will stay on longer. Who knows? Some of them may become the new leaders, or admins. You won't know until you try.

From Icee, and Dead. Somewhat. Cause he's just telling me what to say while playing Zelda right beside me.

(P.S. If you decided to flame me for my word choice, then you might as well put a 'Dunce' cap on your head. Say something serious people. It's not that hard.)

Well now. It's quite easy to understand. N05yAsy
magpiepaw ┗━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━┛ greenpaw
PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Well now. It's quite easy to understand. :: Comments

Jay
Re: Well now. It's quite easy to understand.
Post Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 13:37 by Jay
Hey. My name is Icee. How dare you post about problems with the site. In my anger against that, I shall post about problems with the site!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?
Shadow
Post Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 13:54 by Shadow
I love you Icee, but if this is a rant, why is it in member announcements? o.o
not fish
Post Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 14:59 by not fish
I think she was just annoyed with how certain people are complaining about this site's potential "death", and wanted to explain to others the general reasons why members are coming on less frequently. I was there when she typed it, so.. Yeah. :I

Oh, and Jay, that wasn't very mature.. That isn't what she meant.
Moon
Post Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 15:16 by Moon
Despite the condescending tone, you did say something worth listening to. You're right. Even for those of us that will try to keep the site alive, it is a matter of how long. My heart isn't in the Warriors series, but I don't want to see the site die.
Jay
Post Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 15:33 by Jay
Maturity? Bleh.
Little
Post Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 15:35 by Little
Oh, wow ;w;
Sleepy
Post Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 15:56 by Sleepy
Do you really think we haven't realized those problems, Icee? ono We're allowed near things sharper than crayons, you know. We're not dumb (for the most part, anyways).
Moon
Post Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 15:59 by Moon
Quote :
You've all been slouching over your over-used computers for hours on end spamming up topics with "Get ur arses on teh site!!!1!!". Well, how's that working out?
I can understand your concern but really, just posting about it won't help. A lot of people don't even get on to check the topics, so how would they know to actually get on? I'll let that sink in.

Super condescending.

Quote :

Still talking down.

Quote :
P.S. If you decided to flame me for my word choice, then you might as well put a 'Dunce' cap on your head. Say something serious people. It's not that hard.

Rude.

Just pointing that out. ;-;
Sunny
Post Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 16:20 by Sunny
Moonsage wrote:
Quote :

Super condescending.

Quote :

Still talking down.

Quote :
P.S. If you decided to flame me for my word choice, then you might as well put a 'Dunce' cap on your head. Say something serious people. It's not that hard.

Rude.

Just pointing that out. ;-;
Sleepy
Post Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 16:41 by Sleepy
What was the point of quoting Moon if you weren't going to add anything? D8
Icee
Post Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 18:19 by Icee
@Moon: I know it was rude. But if you are mature like Sleepy said, then you can understand in tough situations, people need to be a little more harsh with their words. It actually makes people listen. Everything can't just be rainbows and ponies. It's a part of life.

@Sleepy: I wasn't trying to say people were dumb, or doubt their realization skills but people have been disregarding this kind of stuff in the topics I've seen. I was just trying to make it clear that these are obvious reasons as to why the site's members have been disappearing. People can't change that. They'll just have to deal with the fact that people can't stay here forever. Things get in the way and people leave.
not fish
Post Thu 9 Aug 2012 - 18:25 by not fish
I think we get it, Moon.. You already stated your opinion. I don't see the need to add onto it.

People have been complaining to us (as in, me and Icee both) about how they don't want the site to die, and personally, it's getting on my nerves. Trust me, this site used to intrigue me to the point obsession (I'm sure others, as well), but it simply doesn't have that effect on us anymore. I'm just stating that I don't want someone coming up to me and moaning their dissent to us about how they don't want me to leave the site, because of it's "nigh end". I'm going into Gr. 10, and I will either not have time to come on or not want to.

.. You know what? I'm not even going to attempt to argue anymore, so f*ck it. There's no initial point, since it's just going to end up getting this topic locked, like always.
Lastly, I'm just going to say that every roleplay site will grow out of it's glory days at some point, and we just have to move on. Essentially, if you love something, let it go. Life goes on.
Jay
Post Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 9:58 by Jay
Why did Dead jump into this small thing and pretend we are flinging insults left and right? I am very confused.

You are all tense. Let me give you back rubs. :megustaplz:
not fish
Post Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 10:13 by not fish
I was there when Icee was typing this.. I made up part of the argument.

.. Of course I'm tense! I'm so close to finishing another Zelda game! D:<

Well now. It's quite easy to understand.

Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Announcements :: Member Announcements-
Jump to: