Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

little shots of salvation (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchbreeze [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: ShadowClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T4 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan T3 Warrior.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6867

little shots of salvation (c) Empty
PostSubject: little shots of salvation (c)   little shots of salvation (c) EmptyTue 10 Sep 2024 - 21:12

Getting used to ShadowClan took some time. In fact, Bubblebeam had no clue whether she would ever truly be used to the multitude of differences about daily life. The mud that stuck constantly to her paws, the strange scents and changes, the bristly pine trees and needles beneath her feet, the new cats that she now called her clanmates, the different-tasting prey... It was all so full of changes. But even through everything, the part that she struggled the most with was getting used to the nocturnal lifestyle. When the moon rose and the blue light faded from the sky, she wanted to go to sleep, not wake up. Her odd schedule lingering ghostlike by the borders of ShadowClan had led to her waking up later, it was true, but it felt so odd to go to bed when the sun rose. She did her best, of course, and didn't complain, because this was what she'd asked for. It was a small price to pay for the new freedom that tingled up her spine. A small price to pay for the severance of her family ties, simultaneously so sharp and uncomfortable and weightless and glorious. To be free, she could take a little bit of strangeness. She could deal with waking up at night and sleeping during the day.

Sometimes, though, it got the better of her. Right now, the former SkyClan she-cat had taken a brief moment to relax after a patrol, sitting down and pressing her back against the cool wall of the warriors' den. She'd meant to just take a second to rest her paws, and then she was going to get back up and learn more of the territory. But the late greenleaf night was so deliciously chilly, and the crickets were chirping in the distance, and she felt her eyelids beginning to flutter shut. It wouldn't hurt to close her eyes just for a heartbeat. Of course she wasn't actually going to fall asleep, not right now in the middle of the day. Or, uh, night. Middle of the night. "Night" and "day" were such tangled concepts inside her head now that she often said the incorrect term. Either way, she wasn't going to fall asleep. She was just resting her eyes, that was all. Just... for a second...

Pawsteps. Bubblebeam bolted awake, her eyes flying open, her head swiveling quickly from side to side. "I--I wasn't sleeping! I was just... resting my eyes. I'm awake, I promise." Adrenaline pumped through her veins with a quick heartbeat, pushing any thoughts of sleep from her mind. Hopefully it wasn't Leopardstar or something, that would be so embarrassing. Eventually, she stopped panicking and saw who'd walked in on her--and her heart stopped entirely. Silverbird stood there, silhouetted by moonlight, impossibly gorgeous as if he were an apparition created specifically for her. It could almost have been a dream, how good he looked. As always, when she saw him, she couldn't keep from smiling. The shy, warm expression grew automatically on her face.  "Oh... hey, Silverbird." Maybe she shouldn't be calling him that in camp? But she didn't see anybody else around. It was probably fine. Stars, but it was so nice to have him like this. To be here, and they were together, and not have to worry about someone walking in on them and catching her in the act. She still felt the thrill in her nerves every time they looked at each other, as if she were doing something wrong. It couldn't be wrong anymore, though, not when the one barrier between them was gone. Now, they could talk whenever they wanted. This was why she'd come, wasn't it? Well, one of the reasons. But she couldn't deny the sheer magnetism that she felt every time those dark green eyes turned towards her. "Nice to see you." It was.

⸙ Larchbreeze ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ ShadowClan ○
⸙ Tier 3 Warrior ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 4 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Signature and Avatar by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xsnap
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyCla T1 Warrior
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2824

PostSubject: Re: little shots of salvation (c)   little shots of salvation (c) EmptyWed 11 Sep 2024 - 6:05

SILVERHAWK
The darker the weather...

There was often a fury about Silverhawk in the days following Bubblebeam’s arrival in ShadowClan. It was subtle, kept close to his chest as many of his emotions were, but it was evident in the oft-heavy stamp of his paws, the thinning fur around his neck, the frequent scowl he wore when he thought no one was looking. He stewed near-constantly, trying to puzzle out what Leopardstar had been thinking when she removed him of the council, especially publicly; if she understood what she lost by casting him aside. He could not shake the anger and the embarrassment that came from her lashing tongue, even with days to process.

At least… not by himself, he couldn’t.

There was respite from his brooding thoughts to be found in his family, in time spent with Hawkmist, and--of course--there was Bubblebeam. Having her in ShdowClan… it was a dream. He could almost, almost, forgive Leopardstar her trespass for the fact that she’d allowed Bubblebeam into the Clan. Beneath all his anger, Silverhawk was happy. Delighted, really; over the moon. There was nothing to separate them now. He could see her whenever he wished, and what a lovely sight she always was. No one could tell them off for speaking now. A zip of nerves always came when they would speak--a lingering remnant of their time spent toeing the line of the Code, as well as an awareness that Leopardstar and the rest of the Clan were waiting for Silverhawk to prove himself a traitor by acting far too familiar with her--but a bit of shivering in his paws was not enough to keep him from her. If the will of StarClan could not separate him from Bubblebeam, then nothing could.

Though his thoughts had been drifting to her, Silverhawk hadn’t expected to find her in the warrior’s den when he slipped inside, hoping for privacy. If it had been anyone else retiring in the den, he would have stormed right back out. But the sight of her, gray fur turned silver in the shafts of moonlight that leaked into the den and pale eyes brilliant as they blinked awake, had him held immediately in place. The tension that held his shoulders up leaked entirely out of him. There was nothing he could do except step forward, drawn to her as he had been for seasons. Did she have any idea what she did to him, how she puppeted his paws?

A smile, slow and warm, spread across Silverhawk’s features as she came down from her momentary fright and offered him a greeting. ”Nice to see me?” He echoed in an amused hum. Silverhawk padded closer until he could settle in his own nest--on one side of Bubblebeam’s, where Hawkmist’s took the opposite side. Seeing as there was no one else around at the moment, he leaned forward to bunt his head against Bubblebeam’s, pressing there for a moment before pulling away. ”You say that as if you don’t see me all the time now,” he chuckled with a swish of his tail. Then he laid down properly, tucking his forelegs under his chest and smiling up at her. Stars, he really could look at Bubblebeam forever. His teeth itched with the urge to sink into some part of her, the side of her; the familiar feeling of being overwhelmed by his affections.

”But it’s nice to see you, too,” he said after a beat of just admiring her. Then, with a chuff of amusement, Silverhawk went on, ”Have you been working too hard, or are you just getting used to the nighttime still?”
...the better the man.
ShadowClan • T5 Warrior • he/him • #845D56
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxsnapSkyClan
T1 Warrior
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchbreeze [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: ShadowClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T4 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan T3 Warrior.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6867

PostSubject: Re: little shots of salvation (c)   little shots of salvation (c) EmptyYesterday at 13:35

Bubblebeam could no longer remember whether any of her bodily functions were behaving as necessary--her breath, her heartbeat, the blinks of her eyes. All she could see and feel and hear was Silverbird, standing right there in front of her, moving with such ease through the air that now felt as thick and solid to her as mud. That smile of his threatened to melt her bones down to ash. Stars, she was lucky that the two of them were so busy so often, because if left to her own devices she would probably just sit here and look at him for every hour of the night. He sat there so simply and easily, on the other side of the nest she'd grown to call her own, just like she'd imagined in her most desperate and shameful daydreams. It was all too good. What had she done to deserve him? Why, why did he look at her like that? He could have anything he wanted in the world. Why did he want her?

The soft gray fur of her face flushed slightly at his observation. "I may see you more than I used to," she admitted, "but... it's still nice. I always forget until I see you again just how nice it is." The pressure of his head on hers felt so stabilizing, so surefooted, that she nearly swayed the moment that he removed it. Slowly--unable to take her eyes off of his, though purposefully moving so that she did not trip and make a fool of herself--Bubblebeam lowered herself into her own nest. She hadn't been intending to sleep or nap, but now any desire to go back out and patrol again or become familiarized with camp dissolved like mist. Almost unconsciously, she moved so close to him that their sides brushed against each other. She wanted to touch him. Any part of him. He was so warm, so gentle, so... Silverbird. Not real. He was too good to be real. "Still just getting used to being awake during the night. I mean, I like it... my sleep schedule is just a little bit messed up, is all. I'm sure it won't take too long for me to adjust."

Pale green eyes remained locked onto his, despite the sudden desire she had to look away and stare at the wall of the den. She felt like he looked too far into her--saw too much. The intensity of his gaze nearly overwhelmed her, but she returned it in kind. "The nighttime is so nice, though. I don't really miss the day all that much. I'm sure it'll be a bit more difficult when it gets cold, but right now it's great to escape from the sun a little while. Once I get used to sleeping during the day, the only problem is going to be making sure that I don't get lost. When it's dark, all of the pine trees kind of look the same." Did she sound foolish? Why was she complaining, when everything was so good? He probably knew the territory like the back of his paws. The very tip of her fluffy tail twitched. "I'm learning pretty fast, though. Pineblossom is a good mentor. I mean, I'd like if it was you, but--we'd probably get distracted, or at least I would. So maybe it's better that you're not." What was she even talking about? Bubblebeam laughed at herself, a tiny snort of embarrassed mirth. "Sorry. I should be used to you by now, but for some reason I still have trouble making my thoughts coherent. I guess I just like you too much to make any sense about it."

⸙ Larchbreeze ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ ShadowClan ○
⸙ Tier 3 Warrior ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 4 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Signature and Avatar by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: little shots of salvation (c)   little shots of salvation (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

little shots of salvation (c)
Page 1 of 1