Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : //Living//:[J]uniperhunt, [Q]uillsplash | Bird, [Sc]orchivy, [L]eopardwind, [C]reamlily, [M]ilkkit, [Sp]arrowkit //Dead:// Tawnyshadow, Sootstorm, Cinderpaw, Ajex | Palekit, Shatteredsky, Reedshine, Deerleap, Slightfrost, Specklepaw, Sunfire, Copperlark
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan T1 Warrior [Q]ShadowClan T5 Warrior [Sc]WindClan NPC PermaQueen [L]WindClan T3 Warrior [C]WindClan T3 Warrior [M]RiverClan Kit [Sp]Unborn SkyClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3633

A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C] Empty
PostSubject: A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C]   A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C] EmptySat 10 Aug 2024 - 14:55

His relationship with Cloudjumper had become... strange, after they found Amber and basically took her under their wing, taking turns to check in on the kit. What did that make them? It wasn't unheard of two friends choosing to co-parent, if what they did even counted as parenting. He mostly left Amber to the queens' care and came in once or twice a day to supply food, thank the queens, and teach the kit some manners and, of course, the Warrior Code.

Regardless, it had been quite a while since they spoke to each properly. Not that they had much to say prior other than the daily life conversations. Even after they found Amber, their encounters during patrols remained almost exclusively about the situation at paw, and never really, you know, anything deeper. Leopardwind was aware of the looks of his clanmates-- come on, he spent quite a bit of time with Cloudjumper, but they were never more than friends.

Today, luckily, they both had some spare time. Rather than spend it on Amber as they probably should have, he suggested going out for a spar, and she had agreed. They needed to keep their skills sharp, or at least thats what he convinced himself. Some alone time with his friend would be nice, and he always enjoyed a spar. Some vague part of him nagged that sparring was for him and Laurelriver, which clearly made no sense. Sparring was just fighting another cat without the usage of claws, with the intention of training, wasn't it? There was no reason to limit it to just another cat.

The black tom stopped once they had reached their destination. A rather plain area. The same area he had taken Laurelriver to when they were apprentices to practice the bellyrake. He had rather fond memories of this place. Leopardwind turned to Cloudjumper, narrowing his eyes playfully. "Are you ready, Cloudjumper?"
「R」

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T5 Warrior / #802318
Juniperhunt / She-Cat / ShadowClan T1 Warrior / #b9abb2
Scorchivy / She-Cat / WindClan NPC PermaQueen / #009966
Leopardwind / Tom / WindClan T3 Warrior / #cc9900
Creamlily / She-Cat / WindClan T3 Warrior / #ff6600
Milkkit / Tom / RiverClan Kit / #dbc6ad

Art Commissions | Character Profiles | Plotting | Character Relations | Open Litter | Art Giveaway
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]andive [B]riarpatch [H]oneypaw [C]loudjumper // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T4 Warrior [B] SC/T2 Warrior [H] SkC/App [C] WC/T3 Warrior
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 6072

PostSubject: Re: A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C]   A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C] EmptySun 11 Aug 2024 - 15:50

Cloudjumper was eager to follow Leopardwind out of camp. After getting Amberkit settled in the nursery she'd spent a lot of time there, though it was awkward for the young warrior. To say she didn't know what she was doing with kits was an understatement, and she was so very glad to have help. Maybe she was gladder to be getting out of camp with her friend, but Amberkit didn't need to know that. Cloudjumper liked the little kit, but she simply did not know how to interact with her. She could provide the basics and teach her bits of clan life, but anything beyond that? She found herself flailing, unsure, like an apprentice just learning for the first time. And unlike her actual apprentice training, this was something she was not a natural at. Protecting, teaching clan ways, providing food and shelter she could do. The emotional side of things, talking with kits in general... Well. Still, she was determined to succeed all the same.

A spar with Leopardwind however, sounded like an excellent idea.

"I'm always ready." She grinned up at Leopardwind, "How have you been lately? I feel like we've been so focused on Amberkit - not that we shouldn't be, I mean. But I feel like I've hardly done more than that, lately."

SkC Leader | Profiles | Plotting

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
SwandiveRC
T4 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpatchSC
T2 Warrior
#867b6b
HoneypawSkC
App
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudjumper [Bonus]WC
T3 Warrior
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
Stoneheart [Perma NPC]SkC
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : //Living//:[J]uniperhunt, [Q]uillsplash | Bird, [Sc]orchivy, [L]eopardwind, [C]reamlily, [M]ilkkit, [Sp]arrowkit //Dead:// Tawnyshadow, Sootstorm, Cinderpaw, Ajex | Palekit, Shatteredsky, Reedshine, Deerleap, Slightfrost, Specklepaw, Sunfire, Copperlark
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan T1 Warrior [Q]ShadowClan T5 Warrior [Sc]WindClan NPC PermaQueen [L]WindClan T3 Warrior [C]WindClan T3 Warrior [M]RiverClan Kit [Sp]Unborn SkyClan Kit
Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C]   A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C] EmptyMon 12 Aug 2024 - 4:52

As soon as Cloudjumper confirmed that she was ready, Leopardwind was off the ground. In a single leap, he lunged forward, snapping at the she-cat's hindleg almost playfully before darting away. It had been some time since he last sparred with anyone. Snakepaw hadn't reached that level of his battle training yet, and he had been busy with, well, everything. Stars did it feel good to spar again though.

"I've been, well, busy," He let out a short laugh, "Between Amber and Snakepaw's training, I haven't been able to do much either." Taking care of Amber, especially when he no idea what he was meant to do, was tiring and took much longer than he thought it should. "How do you feel about... everything?"

Leopardwind used Bite, dealing 11dmg at the cost of 5EP
Surprise Attack is in effect, dealing an additiomal 3dmg at the cost of 10EP

Leopardwind

50/50 HP
125/140 EP (-15)

Cloudjumper
36/50 HP (-14)
140/140 EP
「R」

Art Commissions | Character Profiles | Plotting | Character Relations | Open Litter | Art Giveaway
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]andive [B]riarpatch [H]oneypaw [C]loudjumper // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T4 Warrior [B] SC/T2 Warrior [H] SkC/App [C] WC/T3 Warrior
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C]   A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C] EmptyMon 12 Aug 2024 - 22:57

She spun as Leopardwind nipped at her hind leg, swiping at him with a sheathed paw as he darted past. He certainly lived up to his name, she thought with approval, though her green eyes were narrowed, competitive nature preventing her from focusing too hard on that thought.

"Yeah, I can imagine an apprentice must keep you busy. His training is going well, I trust?" She held faith that Snakepaw would progress well once he got his paws under him. "Amberkit... Kits are more of a pawful than I expected, but I think she's settled in okay. And the queens are great, of course." She didn't know how they did it, truthfully... But she wouldn't be caught dead admitting to it. As she had thought, there was no trace of Amberkit's parents to be found, and she felt bad for the little kit. All she could do was help her try to adjust to the recent changes in her life.

Cloudjumper used Claw for -5 ep, dealing -11 damage.

Cloudjumper

36 / 50 hp
135 / 140 ep (140 - 5)

Leopardwind
39 / 50 hp (50 - 11)
125 / 140 ep

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
SwandiveRC
T4 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpatchSC
T2 Warrior
#867b6b
HoneypawSkC
App
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudjumper [Bonus]WC
T3 Warrior
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C]   A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C] EmptyTue 13 Aug 2024 - 23:26

Naturally, Cloudjumper would ask about her brother's training. "Quite well. He's a smart cat, and he learns fast. I'm sure he'll breeze through his training just as you had." He was too slow to dodge the she-cat's blow, and stumbled back some, but was able to regain his balance swiftly. It seemed the two of them were evenly matched. Good; he could get some practice in with a cat that was at his level. Training with his siblings just didn't allow for the same type of challenge.

Amberkit... The black tom ducked his head in embarrassment at Cloudjumper's words. "I, too, am surprised by how much time and effort goes into caring for a kit. Of course, Queens typically stay in the nursery with their kits, so they'd have more time, but even then, it's a much harder job than I expected. I don't know how I'm going to have a litter of my own one day." Because he most certainly was going to, with who he would have kits with, he didn't know, but a part of him had always been convinced that he would one day be a father. The idea didn't displease him, anyway. "I've been coaching her about the Warrior Code. I hope, despite her slightly late start in Clan life, that she'll get to it easily." Amberkit had better be an asset to WindClan, or he'd kick her right back out. They didn't waste so much resources on her just for her to laze her way through warriorhood, or, even worse, cause troubles for WindClan.

Enough with the chatter, though. Leopardwind tensed before hurling himself forward, landing squarly on Cloudjumper's back and pushing her rather gently to the ground. He didn't want to hurt her too much, especially since it was just a spar.

Leopardwind used Leap and Hold, dealing 8dmg at the cost of 15EP
Cloudjumper is pinned for 2 turns

Cloudjumper

28 / 50 hp (-8)
135 / 140 ep

Leopardwind
39 / 50 hp
110 / 140 ep (-15)
「R」

Last edited by Copperbeanz on Tue 13 Aug 2024 - 23:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15454

PostSubject: Re: A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C]   A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C] EmptyTue 13 Aug 2024 - 23:26

The member 'Copperbeanz' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 2

A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C] Mistpe10
A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C]   A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C] EmptyWed 14 Aug 2024 - 0:21

"Mhmm. I can respect the work they do. It's more than what we do, I think. Or maybe it just feels that way because I'm a warrior first, not a queen. I think Amber will learn the code well, she's young... Impressionable. It's a good thing she has us to guide her." While she talked, Leopardwind had leaped... And Cloudjumper growled playfully as his larger frame brought her to the ground.

"Ugh, I'm being squished." She was joking, of course... But his grip was unfortunately more secure than she would have liked. If she could get him to break focus for just a moment...

"Oh, so you've thought about having a litter of your own? With anyone in particular?" That ought to do it. Since Leopardwind had been kind enough to start on that line, she would seize on it.

Cloudjumper is pinned.

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
SwandiveRC
T4 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpatchSC
T2 Warrior
#867b6b
HoneypawSkC
App
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudjumper [Bonus]WC
T3 Warrior
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C]   A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C] EmptyWed 14 Aug 2024 - 14:33

So, she had chosen to pick up on that detail? Why did every cat find it surprising that he had thought things through? He knew what he wanted to do with his life, was that really so strange? Of course he'd want kits eventually. Why would he let go of a chance to raise the future of WindClan, with the blood of generations of pure WindClan warriors and leaders?

"I haven't put a face to my future mate yet, but I'd love to be a father one day." His answer was short, simple. He truly did not think of it as anything to be ashamed of. "And you, Cloudjumper? Have you ever considered having kits once you're older?" His grip on the calico remained firm. He would not be distracted so easily.

Leopardwind used Leap and Hold, dealing 8dmg at the cost of 15EP
Cloudjumper is pinned for 1/2

Cloudjumper
20 / 50 hp (-8)
135 / 140 ep

Leopardwind
39 / 50 hp
95 / 140 ep (-15)
「R」

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C]   A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C] EmptyFri 16 Aug 2024 - 0:05

Leopardwind remained unflappable despite her comments, she'd just have to try and escape his grip regardless, then. Cloudjumper twisted, attempting to break the tom's hold on her. She couldn't help flashing him an almost smug grin as she slipped from his grasp.

"I haven't thought about it, honestly." She admitted, "I don't know how Nectarflower and the other queens do it, if I'm being honest. And blood or not, we'll be teaching the new generations to come." She mewed, "Kits might be nice one day... I don't know. It's not something I'm completely against, of course."

Cloudjumper attempted duck and twist for -10 ep, dealing -7 damage. Attempt to break pin successful.

Cloudjumper

20 / 50 hp
125 / 140 ep (135 - 10)

Leopardwind
32 / 50 hp (39 - 7)
95 / 140 ep

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
SwandiveRC
T4 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpatchSC
T2 Warrior
#867b6b
HoneypawSkC
App
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudjumper [Bonus]WC
T3 Warrior
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured

Last edited by kjSage on Fri 16 Aug 2024 - 0:08; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15454

PostSubject: Re: A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C]   A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C] EmptyFri 16 Aug 2024 - 0:05

The member 'kjSage' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 6

A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C] Mistpe10
A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C]   A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Talk Over Fight Kind Of Night[C]
Page 1 of 1