Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

the adults are talking [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xpaw
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyClan Apprentice
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2800

the adults are talking [C] Empty
PostSubject: the adults are talking [C]   the adults are talking [C] EmptySat 13 Jul 2024 - 23:33

FOXPAW
And if the world don't break, I'll be shaking it...

Wolfstar… geez. Foxpaw couldn’t help but shift a little on his paws while he walked behind her. She was their leader, which made her a little scary, but she was family, too. Still… Foxpaw’s pelt crawled at the idea of embarrassing himself in front of her. Or foolishly breaking the rules somehow. She could do anything she wanted if he set a paw out of line! Stars, she could tell his father. Foxpaw shuddered at the thought.

After pushing out a breath, he jogged forward to catch up to Wolfstar’s shoulder. ”Hey, uh,” he started. He wasn’t really certain where he was going. Why did he bother speaking, again? Foxpaw blinked and settled on, ”Y’know, Sorrelmist hasn’t showed me how to climb yet.” He tilted his head back to look up at the boughs that passed by overhead. ”I bet I’d be really good at it. So good you’ll have to tell the other apprentices about me. If, y’know--” He cleared his throat and his voice dropped. ”If… you show me how to.”
...'cause I'm a young man, after all.
SkyClan • Apprentice • he/him • #9964B1
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxpawSkyClan
Apprentice
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpatch [H]oneypaw [C]loudjumper // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T4 Warrior [B] SC/T2 Warrior [H] SkC/App [C] WC/T3 Warrior
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 6040

PostSubject: Re: the adults are talking [C]   the adults are talking [C] EmptySat 3 Aug 2024 - 13:31

To say she felt old now that her grandson's kits were becoming apprentices was an understatement. It wouldn't be long before her bones started creaking and cracking and the thought was a terrifying one. The oppressive greenleaf heat had had the leader feeling particularly exhausted too, but she was determined to start spending more time around the apprentices - and her youngest family members. Today it was Foxpaw's turn.

Foxpaw was the first to break the silence. The leader kept the amusement off of her face as Foxpaw seemed to stumble over his words. Sure, she was his leader, and that should properly scare more cats just a little, but she tried not to throw her weight around unless it was needed. She didn't want her clanmates to be so nervous around her - especially not her own family.

"Some of our clanmates are less inclined to be in the trees than others. And every mentor will prioritize teaching different things." She mewed, shaking her head, "But you are Skyclan, and it's a skill we should all be taught. Of course I'll teach you." Wolfstar mewed. "How has training been, otherwise? You getting along alright?"

Wolfstar padded over to one of the sturdy pines that made up most of the trees on Skyclan territory. The leader's claws hooked into the tree bark and she pulled herself up, climbing toward a low hanging branch. It was one that she could probably had leapt to from the ground, but if Foxpaw had not been taught, she needed to start with the very basics. Settling on the branch, she glanced down at the apprentice with a grin.

"We'll start with the basics - actual climbing - before anything else. Sink your claws into the tree bark here and pull yourself upward. It will feel strange at first, especially once your back paws are actually off the ground, but you'll get more comfortable as you practice." And Foxpaw would need to be comfortable before they moved onto anything else.

SkC Leader | Profiles | Plotting

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
SwandiveRC
T4 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpatchSC
T2 Warrior
#867b6b
HoneypawSkC
App
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudjumper [Bonus]WC
T3 Warrior
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
Stoneheart [Perma NPC]SkC
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xpaw
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyClan Apprentice
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2800

PostSubject: Re: the adults are talking [C]   the adults are talking [C] EmptySat 10 Aug 2024 - 11:53

FOXPAW
And if the world don't break, I'll be shaking it...

Foxpaw brightened up a little bit at Wolfstar’s easy agreement. It was kind of embarrassing, having to ask her to show him how to do anything, but she helped soothe the mild burn of it. Foxpaw grinned. ”’S going alright.” He said evenly. His chest puffed out as he followed Wolfstar closer to the base of a nearby tree. ”Sorrelmist is fine. And I’m pretty, y’know,” he sniffed and swelled up a little more, ”I’m pretty talented. Just wait, Wolfstar--you’ll be making me a warrior in no time.” Foxpaw flashed her a grin before she stepped up to the base of the tree and fluidly disappeared right up it.

Foxpaw met her grin with a slow blink, mouth falling slightly open. She made that look so easy! He guessed Wolfstar did have seasons of practice over him, but stars--how was he supposed to do that? Well--doing it wasn’t the problem. He could do anything. But it’d probably be clumsy, uncoordinated, graceless. She might even laugh at him, even if she kept the sound to her own head. But he couldn’t just stand here like a mouse-brain waiting for his paws to magically carry him up to the branches. He had to at least give it a try.

”Yeah, ‘kay,” Foxpaw said. He studied the tree for a moment before rearing up onto his hind legs to slap his forepaws against the trunk. His claws flexed, digging into the bark. Then he stilled for several moments. He couldn’t get his limbs to obey him when he first asked them to move. But, slowly, he began to drag his forelegs higher up the trunk; lifted his hindpaws off the ground and used them to push up. It felt strange, not having any of his paws on solid ground. It made his stomach lurch a little bit. But Foxpaw swallowed it down and persisted. He wasn’t afraid of anything. He’d told Asterpaw that, and he was going to hold to that fact.

Eventually, clumsily, Foxpaw made his way up to the branch Wolfstar stood on. He hauled himself up, causing some of the bark and needles to flake off as he wiggled onto the branch. It wobbled under his shifting weight, and he flattened against it until the rocking started to still. Then he turned a big, toothy grin up at Wolfstar. ”Hey,” he purred, ”that wasn’t so bad. I think I’m a natural.”
...'cause I'm a young man, after all.
SkyClan • Apprentice • he/him • #9964B1
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxpawSkyClan
Apprentice
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpatch [H]oneypaw [C]loudjumper // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T4 Warrior [B] SC/T2 Warrior [H] SkC/App [C] WC/T3 Warrior
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 6040

PostSubject: Re: the adults are talking [C]   the adults are talking [C] EmptySun 11 Aug 2024 - 20:25

"I hope so." Stars, she really didn't. Another cat to name and swear an oath that they either couldn't keep or did keep... And either outcome seemed to have the same result, recently. Still, Wolfstar kept those thoughts to herself. Maybe her grandson wouldn't notice ther her smile was just a touch forced.

She watched as the young apprentice made it up the tree. His inexperience showed through clumsiness, but there was nothing wrong with that in Wolfstar's eyes. "And now you get to climb down. When you're ready, of course, not right this second." Wolfstar offered her grandson a small smile. "It feels strange at first, doesn't it? Nothing a bit of practice won't help, though. The key to climbing is to take it slow. Rushing will do you no good, especially not when finding your sense of balance is different than it is on the ground."

SkC Leader | Profiles | Plotting

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
SwandiveRC
T4 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpatchSC
T2 Warrior
#867b6b
HoneypawSkC
App
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudjumper [Bonus]WC
T3 Warrior
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
Stoneheart [Perma NPC]SkC
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the adults are talking [C]   the adults are talking [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

the adults are talking [C]
Page 1 of 1