Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Lies They Tell [O]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GravisCordis
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]iretreader ; [M]oonpaw ; [L]kaios ; †[C]edarstalk ; †[S]ilentpaw
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Permaqueen ; [H] T4 WC Hybrid MC ; [W] T3 TC Warrior ; [F] T1 SkC Warrior ; [M] WC Apprentice ; †[C] T2 TC Warrior ; †[S] RC App
Number of posts : 965

The Lies They Tell [O] Empty
PostSubject: The Lies They Tell [O]   The Lies They Tell [O] EmptySat 13 Jul 2024 - 14:20

Firepaw

Firepaw was so tired of everything. There wasn't a thing he could do to bring back anyone he'd lost. Not for a lack of trying, though. Every day, Firepaw went out in search of his missing kin - his family that had once brought him such joy and comfort - and every day he came back to the camp, coat filled with dirt and thorns and nothing to show for his effort. He should have known from the beginning that everything was doomed from the start - back when he left the nursery as a kit and found Birdstar and Beechfang dead on the ground and his clanmates screaming at each other. 

Who even was left? Sunfire and Mintglade were gone and so was Blazepaw. His littermates were vanished - one after the other - and all these fools could worried about was filling the fresh kill pile and their mouse-brained StarClan? Firepaw dug his claws into the packed earth, bright yellow eyes trained intensely on the ground. Not anymore. He would rebuild this clan from the ground up if that's what it took to remind these cats what really mattered.

It wasn't the other clans and it certainly wasn't that make believe clan of dead warriors in the sky. Ears pinned back, Firepaw lifted his head and shoved his way into the apprentice's den, expression suddenly schooled into an even, calm mask. "I have something to tell you all. Please, it's important." He'd had the same conversation with Blazepaw when they'd been kits and now, he'd have it with whoever in the den was willing to listen.

[Firetreader] T1 SkC Warrior
[Moonpaw] WC Apprentice
[Lykaios] T1 Rogue
Back to top Go down
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Characters : Larkshine - Shadowclan //// Hickorypaw - Skyclan //// Weevilpaw - Windclan //// Beankit - Thunderclan
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan - Tier 4 Warrior //// Skyclan - Apprentice //// Windclan - Apprentice //// Thunderclan - Kit
Pisces Snake
Number of posts : 494

PostSubject: Re: The Lies They Tell [O]   The Lies They Tell [O] EmptySat 13 Jul 2024 - 14:48

Hickorypaw
Apprentice | Skyclan | He/Him

Hickorypaw’s ears twitched at the sound of a familiar voice. His cousin was making some racket in the apprentice den. “This I have to see!” He purred to himself as he stretched his body out on the limb he was perched on. His light-colored pelt shimmered in the sunlight as his paw touched the ground and he made his way into the apprentice den.

He brushed past Firepaw and sat down in his nest. What was bothering the young tom now? Hickorypaw gave the older tom a slight nod, with a flick of his ear to signal he had his attention.

Discord: ChaoticCrow | Timezone: Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) | Code (c) Kieer

Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xpaw
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyClan Apprentice
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2800

PostSubject: Re: The Lies They Tell [O]   The Lies They Tell [O] EmptySat 13 Jul 2024 - 20:39

FOXPAW
And if the world don't break, I'll be shaking it...

Foxpaw was hiding from the midday heat when Firepaw suddenly came stamping into the den. He lifted his head and blinked sluggishly at the sight of the older tom. Whatever he wanted, he sure made it sound important… Foxpaw couldn’t help the way his ears rotated forward curiously. His call even attracted Hickorypaw from somewhere outside. Foxpaw pushed himself upright and angled his head in a nod. ”Yeah?” He murmured, voice tight with confusion. ”What’s going on?”
...'cause I'm a young man, after all.
SkyClan • Apprentice • he/him • #9964B1
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxpawSkyClan
Apprentice
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]iretreader ; [M]oonpaw ; [L]kaios ; †[C]edarstalk ; †[S]ilentpaw
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Permaqueen ; [H] T4 WC Hybrid MC ; [W] T3 TC Warrior ; [F] T1 SkC Warrior ; [M] WC Apprentice ; †[C] T2 TC Warrior ; †[S] RC App

PostSubject: Re: The Lies They Tell [O]   The Lies They Tell [O] EmptyWed 17 Jul 2024 - 16:13

Firepaw

Firepaw frowned. The den was emptier than he'd expected, but he couldn't exactly track down every apprentice in the clan and drag them into their den for a conversation. Not only would that be seen as strange, but it'd be vastly more difficult to control the conversation that way, so maybe this was for the best. Besides, Hickorypaw was his kin. They were cousins. At the very least, they should be able to trust each other. Foxpaw, though...he was alright enough. One of Harespring's kits and also, although more distantly, kin. So, sitting with his cousin on one side and his mentor's kit on his other, Firepaw took a deep breath. He had to do this. The future of SkyClan may very well depend on the truth finally coming to light. And it would...eventually.

Both toms settled in and Firepaw gave each an appreciative dip of his head, his expression grave. He'd need to start small. If he blurted everything out now, he might scare them away - they might label him a psycho. But if he warmed them up to his ideas and got them on his side before pushing them into the deep end, this might just work out. "Things have been bad lately." He meowed softly, tail twitching nervously. They were younger than him, had seen less gried, but he hoped they would understand. "I think we need to work together to protect SkyClan. If we don't, there might not be a SkyClan to protect, someday." 

It wasn't just threats from outside the territories, either. It was the other clans and maybe even cats from within Skyclan that were the cause for all of this strife. It was even the false belief that StarClan would protect them when, in reality, the only thing they could count on was themselves. "Some of our clanmates want to sit back and let solutions come to us, but we can't keep doing that. We'll only lose more of our clanmates, our kin, if we think like that." At that last part, he looked at Hickorypaw and Foxpaw, eyes dark with worry.

[Moonpaw] WC Apprentice
[Lykaios] T1 Rogue
Back to top Go down
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Characters : Larkshine - Shadowclan //// Hickorypaw - Skyclan //// Weevilpaw - Windclan //// Beankit - Thunderclan
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan - Tier 4 Warrior //// Skyclan - Apprentice //// Windclan - Apprentice //// Thunderclan - Kit
Pisces Snake

PostSubject: Re: The Lies They Tell [O]   The Lies They Tell [O] EmptyTue 23 Jul 2024 - 18:40

Hickorypaw

Hickorypaw’s tail lay curled around his paws as his cousin began speaking. He wasn’t exactly sure what Firepaw meant but he was willing to hear the older tom out. He clearly was distraught about something. His mouth split open into a large yawn at the mention of protecting Skyclan. Wasn’t that what they were supposed to do anyways?

“Is there a point you’re trying to get at Firepaw? Because we know it’s our duty to protect the clan. Something else is bothering you and you might as well spit it out cousin.” Hickorypaw mewed callously before running his tongue across the fur on his chest. He was sure this speech would’ve been more interesting with the way Firepaw stormed into the den. His orange gaze caught Firepaw’s worried look, and his expression briefly softened. “Tell us what we’re getting ourselves into and I’m sure we’d be willing to help is all I’m trying to say.”

Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xpaw
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyClan Apprentice
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2800

PostSubject: Re: The Lies They Tell [O]   The Lies They Tell [O] EmptyTue 6 Aug 2024 - 17:16

FOXPAW
And if the world don't break, I'll be shaking it...

Foxpaw’s ears flipped back as Firepaw got to talking. He’d been lucky enough to be born after most of SkyClan’s tragedies had occurred… but he’d heard about them. Of them, at the very least. The many dead or vanished, never to be seen again. He’d helped Firepaw search for those very lost souls when he was still a kit. The dark words Firepaw used--that SkyClan may cease to exist one day--made Foxpaw’s blood feel chilled. But, even so…

Hickorypaw voiced his thoughts before he could. A russet ear flicked in the tom’s direction and Foxpaw canted his head slightly to the side. ”Yeah...” he agreed slowly. ”I mean, that’s what we’re training for, right? To protect the Clan.” Foxpaw’s tail flipped back and forth. ”You obviously want us to do something. So what is it we’re doing?”
...'cause I'm a young man, after all.
SkyClan • Apprentice • he/him • #9964B1
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxpawSkyClan
Apprentice
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: The Lies They Tell [O]   The Lies They Tell [O] EmptySun 11 Aug 2024 - 20:55

Firepaw

Firepaw eyed Hickorypaw uncertainly, his pupils sharpened to thin pin-pricks. He hardly seemed to have his cousin's attention anyway, so what harm could come if he admitted the real point behind this conversation? What would they do? Laugh at him? There were worse things that could happen. Besides, he supposed it made sense to be...upfront with his plan. At least, part of it. With a deep, rumbling sigh, the tortoiseshell apprentice shifted closer to the two toms and shrugged. "Alright. I think StarClan is a hoax. I think some of our clanmates put too much of their faith in some dead cats who, even if they were real, wouldn't be able to help us anyway." He fixed an eager look on Foxpaw and lifted his chin, yellow eyes bright.

"I propose that we train even harder than before so we can be the strongest we can be. And, maybe, we can be a good example for our other clanmates too." This wasn't to say he thought all of their clanmates were slacking in their duties or weak, but some of them could honestly use some work. If the three of them trained together, they could become an unstoppable force in changing SkyClan for the better! "And you don't even have to agree with me." He added quickly. "I'm just saying that we should work together, the three of us. Like a club, kinda." A group of cats dedicated to ensuring nothing bad ever happened again.

[Moonpaw] WC Apprentice
[Lykaios] T1 Rogue
Back to top Go down
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Pisces Snake

PostSubject: Re: The Lies They Tell [O]   The Lies They Tell [O] EmptyMon 2 Sep 2024 - 15:02

Hickorypaw

Hickorypaw was cleaning his paw as the other apprentice spoke. His attention no longer on either of them, that was until his cousin spoke. ”I think StarClan is a hoax”. The smokey blonde tom quit grooming himself and his dull orange eyes, burned hot with anticipation as his head snapped to his cousin. Were his ears deceiving him or had he heard his kin, right?

The young tom straightened up and gave Firepaw his full attention. Hickorypaw waited for his cousin to finish speaking, as a sign of respect, before stating his opinion. ” You not only have my attention but I will work alongside you wherever and whenever you need me. It’s time the forest quits putting so much faith in those dead cats!” He hissed softly.

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1931

PostSubject: Re: The Lies They Tell [O]   The Lies They Tell [O] EmptyTue 3 Sep 2024 - 8:07

Wasppaw had remained pressed to her nest to avoid whatever this was. Her nest was situated in the back, so it was easy to hid behind the walls of her nest and the ones in front of her. But with a sigh, she couldn't stay quiet anymore. Poking her head up and shaking off a loose piece of moss, Wasppaw observed the three male apprentices. "StarClan is real, whether you want to believe it or not. Maybe if you took your training seriously and weren't stuck being an apprentice so long, you would have had your Moonstone." She straightened up and looked straight at Firepaw. If she recalled correctly, he was an apprentice when she was born. At the very least, when she was made an apprentice.

"It sounds like you are backpeddling. You had a stronger idea other than the obvious. If you want to get us behind you, spit out your real idea. I'm interested in hearing what you, the apprentice, think should happen. Should we go to war, mayhaps?" She cocked her head in an 'I'm listening' style.

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Wasppaw : Burnetkit :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : #ff9900 : #ff66cc
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T4 Warrior : SkyClan Apprentice (Bonus) : Loner-Future RC-Kit
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

I'm not very active, but you are always open to message me on Discord.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lies They Tell [O]   The Lies They Tell [O] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Lies They Tell [O]
Page 1 of 1