Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

What Did I Do to Deserve This?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Characters : Larkshine - Shadowclan //// Hickorypaw - Skyclan //// Weevilpaw - Windclan //// Beankit - Thunderclan
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan - Tier 4 Warrior //// Skyclan - Apprentice //// Windclan - Apprentice //// Thunderclan - Kit
Pisces Snake
Number of posts : 494

What Did I Do to Deserve This? Empty
PostSubject: What Did I Do to Deserve This?   What Did I Do to Deserve This? EmptyFri 28 Jun 2024 - 12:19

Hickorypaw
Apprentice | Skyclan | He/Him

The sun was hanging high in the sky by the time Hickorypaw rolled out of his nest. His pelt was sticking up in every direction and he didn’t even take time to fix it. He was not in a good mood, and he was sore from all the training he had done the day before. The smokey blonde tom pushed out of the apprentice den and basically dragged himself over to the kill pile.

He didn’t care if the elders had eaten today or not, he didn’t care about anything except his own growling stomach. Hickorypaw didn’t get to eat after his training because he had was sentenced to elder duty by his fox- brained mentor and was so tired and upset that he wasn’t hungry when he retired for the night.

He grabbed the last plump rabbit from the kill pile and went to dart off as fast as he could to the highest branch in camp; but his father was walking in his direction, and he doubted he would get away with dragging off prey this early in the day. Instead, he sat the rabbit down near the pile and started tearing into it and gobbling down pieces as quickly as he could without breaking eye contact with Falconmoon.

Discord: ChaoticCrow | Timezone: Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) | Code (c) Kieer

Former Staff
Former Staff
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus, Snowpaw
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3122

PostSubject: Re: What Did I Do to Deserve This?   What Did I Do to Deserve This? EmptyTue 16 Jul 2024 - 17:57

Falconmoon crawled out of the warrior's den and stretched luxuriously. He flexed his claws, tearing up the earth beneath them. His mind went down the list of things he needed to accomplish for today, some of it routine, some of it not. By the time he was finishing his last stretch, the arching of his back... he noticed Hickorypaw come out of the apprentice den like he'd been shook around by the scruff from a set of badger's teeth. Stars boy... at least groom yourself a little bit. He thought with some amusement. Falconmoon had always been a bit of a "pretty tom" and at one point even groomed himself meticulously until he shimmered like polished gold finished ivory. He knew he'd been eccentric about it, still was a little, but not everyone was.

It wasn't until Hickorypaw grabbed a rabbit of all things of the fresh kill pile, looked him dead in the eye and shamelessly went to town on it. Falconmoon frowned, a lazy annoyance now in his eyes. Oh... we're doing this now? He began to walk toward Hickorypaw, also not breaking his gaze with his son. He sighed heavily, knowing his son was old enough now that his hormones were kicking in, scrambling his train of thought, and would eventually bring him out of his kithood and turn him into a full grown tom. It was all the foxdung in the middle of kithood and adulthood that Falconmoon wished he could skip.

"Surely apprentices know the rules, Hickorypaw. You don't eat first in the morning. Elders and queens have that right, you still have to earn it." His tone was firm, but not angry. His claw reached toward the rabbit and he sank them in, pinning the carcass in place. "Swallow what you have, this time. No one wants your help digesting their food." Again, he was calm, but he wasn't taking no for an answer either.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Snowpaw | Skyclan | Apprentice #9999ff X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Characters : Larkshine - Shadowclan //// Hickorypaw - Skyclan //// Weevilpaw - Windclan //// Beankit - Thunderclan
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan - Tier 4 Warrior //// Skyclan - Apprentice //// Windclan - Apprentice //// Thunderclan - Kit
Pisces Snake

PostSubject: Re: What Did I Do to Deserve This?   What Did I Do to Deserve This? EmptyTue 16 Jul 2024 - 18:32

Hickorypaw

Falconmoon’s claws digging into the rabbit’s carcass cause Hickorypaw to fling himself down on the rabbit and sink his own claws in while holding a firm grip with his teeth. A loud growl rumbled from his throat as his tail lashed furiously behind him. ‘Great now my dad is trying to deprive me of food too!’ He thought to himself as he readjusted his jaw to get the biggest chunk of meat he could pull off. He pulled at the carcass a bit until the meat slipped off and he darted a short distance away to scarf it down.

“I… know the… rules… but you… gave me a… foxbrained… mentor and… I’m starving!” Hickorypaw managed to growl out as he chewed on the sliver of meat he removed from the rabbit. A few moments passed until he fully had it eaten and was really to look at his father again. “Did you know that Stormwatcher has crowfood for brains and won’t have even given me the time of day if I hadn’t woken him up?! AND because I woke the lazy slug from his slumber, he made me do elder duty! I DIDN’T DO ANYTHING WRONG! AND I didn’t get to eat last night! So sorry if I broke the clan’s silly rule of not eating before the plump elders and queens because I was hungry. Stars forbid!” Hickorypaw’s ears remained flat against his head as he hissed out his complaint to his father; his tail still swishing angerly behind him.

His eyes were narrow as he looked at the deputy who was still standing on his breakfast. Hickorypaw’s orange eyes did not hide the rage he felt toward his father, or Stormwatcher or the elders for that matter. If they weren’t around, then he wouldn’t have been sentenced to such a degrading task of removing ticks and he wouldn’t have woken up hungry and had to break some silly rule.

Other cats started moving around camp and Hickorypaw’s whole body and demeaner shifted. He didn’t look angry anymore even though he still very much so was. His tail dropped down to the ground and his eyes started watering. “Why? Why would you give me a mentor who doesn’t even want to have anything to do with me? I didn’t even do anything wrong for him not to like me! Was I just born to be forgotten? The only time I’m noticed is if I do something bad, no one even acknowledges when I do something good?” Hickorypaw forced his voice to crack in a sad tone as tears streamed down his face and he sat down. ‘That stinky ol’ skunk will think again before he gives me unjust punishment!’ he thought to himself as he looked to the ground and curled his tail around his front feet.

Former Staff
Former Staff
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus, Snowpaw
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3122

PostSubject: Re: What Did I Do to Deserve This?   What Did I Do to Deserve This? EmptyWed 31 Jul 2024 - 23:54

Falconmoon was stone-faced as Hickorypaw spoke. He didn't want the apprentice to know what was going through his head. Some of Hickorypaw's complaints sounded... plausible... but he also wasn't blind. He knew his son could be a little over dramatic and embeliish... and straight up lie... about things. He had an unsettling amount of self entitlement... one that reminded Falconmoon too much of his past self. "If you didn't eat last night, that is your fault, not anyone else's. What stopped you from taking a bird from the fresh kill pile? Did someone actually tell you that you couldn't do it?" The question was rhetorical, and he wasn't about to give Hickorypaw time to spout nonsense.

"I will speak to Stormwatcher... However, Hickorypaw... lying to your deputy will get you worse than elder duty. If you'd like to take a moment and think about how things went to be sure you didn't leave anything out or forget, I will be patient with you." He most certainly would be speaking to Stormwatcher, as these claims couldn't be ignored no matter if they came from an apprentice that could just be struggling with.... well being an adolescent.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Snowpaw | Skyclan | Apprentice #9999ff X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
ChaoticCrow

ChaoticCrow

Pisces Snake

PostSubject: Re: What Did I Do to Deserve This?   What Did I Do to Deserve This? EmptySat 3 Aug 2024 - 13:04

Hickorypaw

Hickorypaw’s ear flicked with irritation as his dad spoke. So, his crying hadn’t helped him much at all; how embarrassing. His dad was just as annoying as Stormwatcher, although he did say he’d speak with the older warrior. Not that it would do Hickorypaw in favors since he was sure his mentor would lie.

The young tom turned his fiery gaze once more to his father. “I didn’t lie to you, but it’s apparent this conversation was no good anyways. You don’t listen to me either.” Hickorypaw hissed totally disregarding the first question his deputy had asked. His gaze drifted back to the rabbit carcass, and he swiftly snatched it up again. “Don’t worry I’ll take to a queen. Wouldn’t want to disappoint you or embarrass you more than I already do.” He growled as he walked away.

PostSubject: Re: What Did I Do to Deserve This?   What Did I Do to Deserve This? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Did I Do to Deserve This?
Page 1 of 1