Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Spruce's Request

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 3093

Spruce's Request Empty
PostSubject: Spruce's Request   Spruce's Request EmptyFri 21 Jun 2024 - 22:24

[
Follows these topics: (I don't care about time soup the soup is easily defeated by the spoon ;) )
https://warriorclancats.forumotion.com/t55385-the-hunt-for-elmstorm
https://warriorclancats.forumotion.com/t55384-it-s-a-riverclan-meltdown
https://warriorclancats.forumotion.com/t55348-happy-father-s-day-sprucebark
]

Sprucebark had looked over every spot he could think of in Riverclan lands. He had searched around the gorge extra carefully remembering Elm's past incidents there and he had taken lots of helping warriors and clanmates with him to try and find his missing son. Nothing seemed to be working, he was not a pawstep closer to finding Elmstorm than the day he had started. What was worse was he knew that with each passing day meant more time that Elmstorm could be getting further lost and any scent trails would be fading soon to a point of no recovery.

He was reaching the point of desperation, the borders of riverclan were not going to be enough if he ever wanted to see his son again.

His very nature was one of honor and chivalry to the highest amount. With that came the sinking feeling that he had let down his son, the cat he had taken in as a kitten and adopted along with his loving mate Scorchlight. He was supposed to protect him and now Elmstorm could be out there alone and hurt. A panged sorrow and gut punching feeling washed over him thinking about it, what if Elmstorm had a similar thing happen to him that Perchstar had? What if he was stuck somewhere pinned down and unable to move while hunger and thirst slowly etched away at him.

The usually so well composed warrior was beginning to fray at the ends. He closed his eyes shut trying to think if there was any other way but nothing was there, the request he had seemed to be the only available and forced move brought upon him. It was not one he made lightly but he felt it was this or a very real chance of losing Elmstorm forever.

Padding towards the leaders den he felt his pelt bristle with anxiety and unsureness.

He tucked his ears down and called out for his leader, "Mum? May I ask you something, it's important" he meowed announcing his arrival as he entered the den.

His eyes slowly adjusted to the dimmer light as he settled in. Surely by now, news of him forgoing all his hunts, patrols and other duties would have made its rounds back to her by now. It was not like him, but every spare minute he had of not eating or sleeping had almost all been devoted to either trying to track Elmstorm's scent or talking with clanmates about if they had seen or heard anything - any scrap of a clue would send him bolting to that part of their territory.

"Mum... I still haven't found him" his voice nearly cracked as he meowed his status update of finding nothing.
He held back tears not wanting them at all. Not because he was not open with his emotions, in fact he almost always was around her especially. But rather because somehow in his mind crying meant that it was game over and that Elmstorm was gone gone, he would not accept that yet, not before he asked for one more chance, one final plan to try and bring his boy home.

"I can't find him if I am restricted to our lands." he meowed slowly looking at her.
"I request formally to be allowed to go on a journey into the unclaimed lands of beyond. To continue my search of him"

He looked down hard at his paws letting silence hang for a moment of so, is this how terrible she felt when he was captured in that twoleg crate? Is this what it was like when she had to watch him get hauled away by the twolegs? And worse yet... was he now asking her to relive that yet again for him to have this sliver of hope that he wanted to desperatly cling to? He felt so guilty knowing it might be but it did not change the fact that he still wished utterly she would allow for him to go.

He slowly forced his eyes to go back up and meet hers, "when the twolegs took me... they tortured me: stuck me with needles, tried to make me eat garbage against the warrior code and other horrible things" he explained. He always had held some sense of pride that he never had given in to eating that twoleg kittypet food even though he had nearly starved himself to do so. The thought that his son could be captured or hurt somewhere in the wild was beyond what he could let pass while just being confined to the lands of riverclan.

"I have to try mum... if I don't go now while there still might be some scent trail I might never have the chance again.

Perhaps a younger sprucebark would have also belived the stars could maybe give him a lead but that Sprucebark had been let down by the stars once too many times, especially when they refused him to let him talk to his sister when he went with Auntie Perchstar to the moonstone.

All to say, he was set on taking this into his own paws for better or worse.

Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 3115

Spruce's Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spruce's Request   Spruce's Request EmptySat 10 Aug 2024 - 2:17

POPPYSTAR
Just stop your crying...

Poppystar was worried about Elmstorm since he disappeared. It had been ages and there was still no sign of him at all. The good news was they found no body, and so he could still be alive, but the question was where. The season was plentiful, thankfully, and so they could have a few search parties go out, but they had all come up empty. She knew that Sprucebark and Scorchlight were going mad with worry and she couldn’t blame them. The period of her life where her kits went missing were some of the most worrying months she’d ever experienced.

She listened to Sprucebark when he came into her den and began to speak. Her heart squeezed with sympathy and pain. She hated that her son was going through the same pains she had to experience as a mother.

“Beyond the territory?” she repeated and her eyes went wide. Beyond the lands…there was the Twolegplace, and the Highstones, and a far far journey to the lake—but she knew of nothing else. Sprucebark mentioning the twolegs made her think of when all of her children had been taken, and how terrified she was that she would never see any of them again. It had been such an awful time. Poppystar felt like she was going mad, that her life had fallen to pieces. If Sprucebark were to venture out to a place like that again, would he be able to escape a second time?  What if he was taken and he could never return? That would leave only Rowansong as her last child still at home…Poppystar didn’t want that. She wanted to keep Sprucebark home. Her instincts told her to forbid it and order him to stay on the territory and to not risk going anywhere. Elmstorm was a warrior, after all. He surely would be capable of getting himself home, so was it truly worth it to risk another cat’s safety—her son’s safety?

But…oh. Oh how she would have done anything to rescue her children even a day sooner. If she had known exactly where they were before StarClan got a prophecy to them, she would have stormed the Twolegs and found a way to get them out. And Elmstorm was her kin anyhow. Perhaps he was not her grandchild by blood, but neither were Owlshriek and Mapleleaf’s children, but she thought of them as much as her own as those she had borne herself. She couldn’t keep Sprucebark from doing everything to rescue him. It would make her a bad mother, bad grandmother, and bad leader.

Poppystar let out a breath and she still wilted despite her resolve. She looked to her son and moved forward. She pressed her cheek against his. “Sprucebark, I love you,” she murmured softly, “and I know how much you love Elmstorm. I will no try and stop you. I ask that you don’t go alone if there are other cats that wish to join you, because I do not want you to get into trouble. But please try and come back swiftly. I don’t know what I will do if I lose you too.”

She pulled back and looked at her son with sorrowful eyes, but she tried to smile anyway. “Do not stay away for long. Even if you must be out there again, I hope that you can return to deliver a report, so I know that you are alright. Let me know before you leave too, alright?”
...have the time of your life.
RiverClan • T5 Leader • She/Her • #669966
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
#6abcde
RashoumonT1 Rogue
35HP/80EP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
PoppystarT5 RiverClan Leader
70HP/200EP
BlazekitWindClan Kit
10HP/20EP
#ff6600
(not pictured)
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 3093

Spruce's Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spruce's Request   Spruce's Request EmptySun 11 Aug 2024 - 17:05

Sprucebark held his breath waiting her response was made even harder from the pained expression he had brought upon her. He winced a little seeing her pain of the thought of him going. He was being so selfish asking for this. He knew that every time the past was brought up of how he had nearly not escaped back to her before. From the twolegs and from the flood as well when he and Hawk were washed downstream.

He felt his voice choke up a bit. As she stepped forwards and nuzzled at his cheek he purred softly and nuzzled her back putting a paw around her back in a gesturing hug.

"I love you too mom" he whispered in turn, but his heart was till beating with nerves about her answer, so guilty it felt to want the reply within seconds. He flicked his ears back a bit shameful of himself.

As she granted his wish he felt a large amount of relief but still a lot of responsibility to return home. Each day he would be gone he knew he left a larger amount of worry that would settle over her. He nodded a little bit.

"Scorchlight wants to come with me" he meowed softly, she and him were a good pair of mates for one another, they supported each other in a lot of things. He had gotten through the hard lake journey with her eager and optimistic attitude by his side and he was so glad to have such a loving mate help him again. Together they were going to find their son, he knew it!

"I will make the final preperations for our journey soon, and of course I will say goodbye before leaving" he reassured her.

"Scorchlight and I know how to survive, we will be swift as shadows and careful as rabbits promise mom" he whispered.

He knew these words would mean little when he and Scorchlight would be gone for potentially quite a long while, no words could completely sooth the worry that no doubt would be put onto his mum during this time. And he hated that he was so selfish to make her feel that, but this was to find his son, their clanmate and he took some amount of solace in that.

He dipped his head as respectful and polite as he always was.

"if there is nothing else? I will rest for a little and then begin our journey at first light.
There was a thunderclanner whom wished me to take look out for her family as well, if I find them I will do what I can to bring them home too

Spruce's Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spruce's Request   Spruce's Request Empty

Back to top Go down

Spruce's Request
Page 1 of 1