Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Leaf-fall is finally here, and with it, the promise of colder, crueler, days ahead.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [SKC] Peatkit | [WC] Moosepaw | [R] Grub Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 BT MC / T4 MC | [V]T5 Warrior | [GJ] T1 Rogue | [P] Kit | [M] Apprentice
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 4591

Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey   Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 15 Jun 2024 - 22:30

Heatherberry fought the biggest of smiles as she prepared the herbs to give to her daughter, Hollowpaw. It wouldn't be appropriate to show more excitement for one apprentices moonstone than the others, so instead the smile was contained behind her single green eye as she dropped the herbs at her beautiful daughters paws. "They're a little bitter, but I've added a dollop of honey to help the taste." Something she never usually did for any of the apprentices she's taken to the moonstone, but it would be her little secret.

The trip was fairly easy, the breeze light and relatively calm. Greenleaf was just around the corner.

She was slow when walking the maze of tunnels that led to the Moonstone, making sure Hollowpaw was within tail length and wasn't lost as they made the tight squeeze. Upon entering the cave, the sick glittering of the large and cold stone seemed to sparkle as bright as ever... Perhaps a little brighter than usual, but this time Heatherberry didn't seem to mind - she was in good company, after all. "Settle in next to the stone and tap it gently with your nose. StarClan is waiting for you, dear Hollowpaw." For the first time, Heatherberry didn't take a seat away from the stone, but next to it. What if Hollowpaw had nightmares...? She had to be close enough to stop it right away!

Her slight smile didn't waver even with her growing motherly anxiety, tail flicking against the stone as though to encourage the young molly to dream.

won't you shake a poor sinners hand?:

Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey JPzjwJV Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey JPzNeMg Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey JGg2mwx Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey JPzwPEb Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey JPzwXQn

Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey JcTsSP1  Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey JcnAVnI Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey JaZZNs4
click photos for profiles | sprites by Aspen!
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowgrove ♀ | Mountainpaw ♀ | Loonkit ♀ ~~ Copper was here
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Windclan | Shadowclan | Thunderclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4983

PostSubject: Re: Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey   Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 16 Jun 2024 - 7:57

It had taken her quite some time, and a few steps of near-heartbreak, to be ready for her moonstone. In fact, she'd spent the entire day near Heatherberry's den. She never went in to disturb the medicine cat and all of her hard work, but she did want to be nearby for when it was time. After all, her mentor had given her the day off in celebration. There would have been many ways she could have spent it, but, this was simply the way she'd chosen. Her afternoon had only a brief change when she hunted down her sister Juniperpaw to help decorate her fur. After all, she wanted to be pretty for StarClan! Little feathers hid tucked behind her ears, and flowers peppered her pelt in other places, all by her sister's design.

Hollowpaw couldn't help the full-body wiggle of excitement as Heatherberry placed the bundle at her paws, and she didn't waste any time eating them. The bitterness definitely jumped at her tongue, but she could notice the honey. All of her focus went onto its sweetness, and there was only ever a slight scrunch of her nose. "Thank you, miss Heatherberry." She purred in response, and was ready to set out.

Her paws were somewhat tired from where they had to go, but not nearly as bad as they would have been had she not gotten the traveling herbs. It only made her appreciate Heatherberry that much more! Going into the tunnels, it was oddly easy for her to navigate. Being so acclimated to the darkness gave her slight confidence with being unable to see every step she made, especially as her mostly-onyx pelt was more than happy to blend into the shadows. There had been a moment she grew nervous -- so she reached out, taking the very tip of Heatherberry's tail gently into her maw for guidance. Hopefully the medicine cat didn't mind.

The moment they were in the cave, though, Hollowpaw's mouth dropped open in awe. It was a sight that was certainly unique, and one she now understood why was sacred. But that awe quickly became replaced by anxiety. "Miss Heatherberry... do you think... I look presentable enough for StarClan? I know Juniperpaw did a good job but... will they like me?" The anxiety had her hopping from paw to paw as she approached the stone, and her ears went back just slightly. But it was Heatherberry coming to her side that brought her some reassurance, and she breathed. "You're right... StarClan will like me because I follow the code, and have worked hard. ... I hope my feathers come with me to say hi to StarClan! I want to give my StarClan cat one!" She beamed, and gave the medicine cat a quick and friendly headbutt to her shoulder before settling in. Hollowpaw wasn't one to talk all that much, but around Heatherberry? She felt extremely comfortable.

That comfort lulled her to a gentle sleep as she was next to the stone, eventually lowing her head and pressing her nose against its cool surface.

MurkyriverSnowvixenHollowgroveMountainpawLoonkit
Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [SKC] Peatkit | [WC] Moosepaw | [R] Grub Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 BT MC / T4 MC | [V]T5 Warrior | [GJ] T1 Rogue | [P] Kit | [M] Apprentice
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 4591

PostSubject: Re: Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey   Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 18 Jun 2024 - 12:30

Heatherberry's reply to Hollowpaw's anxiety was calm and kind, her smile never wavering as she assured the young molly that StarClan would be lucky to have her. Though Hollowpaw had talked herself down from the anxiety without needing too much help. "I'm sure you StarClan cat would love one of your beautiful feathers. Sleep well, dear."

The star-filled world shifted slightly, the once golden rays of the setting sun now a blue and orange gradient as the moon took its place. Within the stalks of never-ending corn stood Mr. Worm, his white fur only slightly stained to show he was a hard working barn cat. His eyes widened slightly as he took in the well groomed onyx fur of the best dressed cat he'd ever seen come through his eternal resting place: tiny flowers and little feathers adorned the young apprentice's pelt. something he never knew could happen until today. Of course they were transparent and dusted with stars; physical objects would be unable to make it to the land of the dead, but their ghosts sure could. "My! You're dressed to the nines! It must be a very special day for you, Hollowpaw. You've been very well behaved and followed every rule there is to follow... But have you been taking time to play and have fun? Spending time with your family? That's more important that following rules to a T, if you ask this old man."

won't you shake a poor sinners hand?:

Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey JPzjwJV Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey JPzNeMg Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey JGg2mwx Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey JPzwPEb Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey JPzwXQn

Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey JcTsSP1  Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey JcnAVnI Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey JaZZNs4
click photos for profiles | sprites by Aspen!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey   Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Hollowpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1