Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Pigeonpounce's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 3046

Pigeonpounce's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Pigeonpounce's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Pigeonpounce's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 4 Jun 2024 - 16:02

POPPYSTAR
Just stop your crying...

Poppyshine had become Poppystar, and with it, her responsibilities grew. The first task on the docket was to get Pigeonpounce officially appointed as a medicine cat apprentice. Cloverheart had come to her in her dreams to request her as the next medicine cat, but tradition had to be fulfilled by presenting her fully to StarClan.

The morning after Poppystar returned home, she gently nosed Pigeonpounce awake. She quietly guided her to the medicine den and they ate their travel herbs together. Together they set off, and the journey was relatively quiet with just a few bits of conversation from Poppystar here and there. She knew that Pigeonpounce was still a bit on edge. Becoming medicine cat would be a big change, after all. But Poppystar hoped that it would serve her well. She would be the first medicine cat in a while to have had full warrior training before becoming a medicine cat…Poppystar hoped that she would do well in the role with that extra experience.

Eventually they reached the Highstones. It would not be unfamiliar to Pigeonpounce, seeing as she had been here for her own moonstone before becoming a warrior. Still, Poppystar reminded her to stay close as they entered the darkened cave. They made their way further into the cavern until they arrived at the great glowing stone.

“It works just like your moonstone ceremony. You’ll lay down and press your nose to the stone. StarClan will visit you to give you advice and accept you as the medicine cat.” Poppystar had no doubt that she would be accepted. Cloverheart had nominated her, after all. Poppystar lifted her chin and announced, “Warriors of StarClan, I present you with this apprentice. As requested by Cloverheart, a medicine cat of RiverClan from many years ago, she has chosen the path of a medicine cat. Please grant her your wisdom and insight so that she may understand your ways and heal her clan in accordance with your will.”

She looked back at Pigeonpounce and gave her a smile. She leaned forward and touched her nose to Pigeonpounce’s. “Have good rest. I will be here when you wake.”
...have the time of your life.
RiverClan • T5 Leader • She/Her • #669966
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/190EP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/190EP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
35HP/80EP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/190EP
PoppystarT5 RiverClan Leader
70HP/190EP
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2662

Pigeonpounce's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigeonpounce's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Pigeonpounce's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyThu 6 Jun 2024 - 8:27

⋆ 。 ° ✩
Pigeonpounce
✩ ° 。 ⋆

Poppystar was... well, she was Poppystar now. Pigeonpounce knew what that meant. Several things, really—like that RiverClan was formally moving on, and that they were now under a new era, and that... she was going to become their medicine cat. Even tired as she was, she understood immediately when Poppystar came to wake her. She put up no fuss about dragging herself to the medicine den, though she did grimace and spit over the bitter taste of the traveling herbs. She'd forgotten how bad they were. And now she was expected to take them every time an apprentice made their way to the Moonstone? ...Eugh.

But this wasn't the time to deliberate or worry over her future. It was coming and there was no more running away or cowering from it. When they were both ready, Pigeonpounce gathered herself and followed her former mentor out of camp. The walk was quiet and long. There was plenty of time to think, though Pigeonpounce did her best not to do that. If she let herself think, stars forbid it, she might turn and run away afterall. She didn't want Poppystar to think she was that big of a coward.

Eventually, the towering peaks of Highstones came into view. Pigeonpounce let out a breath but she did not feel her tension leave. It would be clinging until she went to sleep, it seemed. She followed Poppystar up the small mountain until they got to the half-familiar cavern entrance at the top. It wasn't long before the cold, cramped passages led them to the glowing quarter that held the illustrious Moonstone. This is it, she thought, tail curling up against her flank. She looked at Poppystar and nodded along to her instructions. She closed her eyes through the ceremonial words before looking to Poppystar again, just in time to meet the press of her nose. “Thanks,” she murmured with a weary smile. Then it was time to settle down on the chilly stone floor, take a final brerath, and press her nose against the Moonstone.

Sleep tugged her away in but a heartbeat, cold and wavelike as it washed over her. When Pigeonpounce was able to blink again, she found herself in StarClan's imitation of RiverClan again. A breath of relief left her. No wrong turn had led her to Starlingflare. As she'd done before, Pigeonpounce began to turn around in search, and it wasn't long before she caught sight of Cloverheart heading her way. Her tail lifted in greeting.

“Well?” The old medicine cat said. Her voice was growing more familiar to Pigeonpounce's ears. “How do you feel? Any better about your new position?”

Pigeonpounce's paws shuffled and she found she couldn't meet Cloverheart's eyes. She looked askance, toward the starlit river, and sighed. “Uhm... honestly, n-no. Not really.” She could feel Cloverheart's stare leveled on her. It made her fur prickle with the feeling of being judged. StarClan was going to revoke the appointment they'd given her because of her cowardice. Was that a good thing, or was Pigeonpounce afraid of that eventuality? When did sorting out her wants and needs become so difficult?

“It's difficult to get used to,” Cloverheart said eventually. Pigeonpounce turned her head slightly to look at her from the corner of her eye. “I was a warrior apprentice before I took up medicine. I was dramatic then, as all apprentices ar... I thought I'd never be a warrior because I failed a few hunts. But herbs, I had a natural talent for. When Dennis, my mentor, took me under his guidance, I thrived.” Cloverheart stepped closer. She stretched up and gently rested her chin atop Pigeonpounce's head. “You will have no mentor to guide you, but there are those in your Clan that know enough about herbs to get you by. You may be able to find help in the other Clans' medicine cats, as well—remember, medicine cats are bound to an oath to heal and to help. We are not bound by the same politics that many others are.”

Pigeonpounce pressed up into Cloverheart's touched, nodding against the weight of her chin. She squeezed her eyes shut tight and let out a shaky sigh. Cloverheart's name had become something of a legend among the Clan, though not necessarily for her aptitude as a medicine cat... but regardless. The few left that had known her spoke of her as beloved. She said herself the role found her better than warriorhood. Maybe, just like her, Pigeonpounce would finally find her stride and feel useful, feel good, once she settled into medicine. Or maybe she would only prove worse at it and her Clanmates would wither and die at her paws. There would be no telling until moons, seasons from now. The thought made her heart start to race. She could be the greatest failure RiverClan had ever seen.

“Or,” Cloverheart's voice cut through her thoughts as she pulled away, “you could be the greatest success RiverClan's ever seen.” Pigeonpounce felt her ears heat up a little with embarrassment. Could StarClan read all of their thoughts, all the time? She couldn't dissect that now, not unless she wanted to pass out here in the realm of the stars. “Believe in yourself some. StarClan believes in you. And StarClan will be by your side, watching over you, always. Even when we're a useless, frustrating lot.” Cloverheart barked a laugh and smiled. “I don't have to tell you StarClan accepts you. Now, go. Return to your Clan, and grow.”

Pigeonpounce opened her mouth, but she did not have time to respond before the world was being pulled away from her. She awoke with a gasp at the suddenness of it. Pale dawn light streamed in through the gap in the cavern's roof. Pigeonpounce blinked hazily up toward it before stretching out all her limbs and looking for Poppystar. When she was sure the she-cat was awake, she got to her paws and said, “I saw Cloverheart again.” Pigeonpounce shook her fur out, yawned, then blinked tiredly. [color=#20AED4]“'N' 'M ready to go back whenever you are.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6