Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Leaf-fall is finally here, and with it, the promise of colder, crueler, days ahead.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Wander Over Yonder [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sprout

sprout

Characters : alive: Scrufflewump (Loner), Asterpaw [SkC], Cedarkit [SC], Wisteriakit [RC] deceased: [M]innowstar [TC], Frogkit [WC], [F]lurrypaw [TC], [D]aisypaw [WC]
Taurus Pig
Number of posts : 427

Wander Over Yonder [c] Empty
PostSubject: Wander Over Yonder [c]   Wander Over Yonder [c] EmptyTue 21 May 2024 - 21:26

Wander Over Yonder [c] Scruff12
Scrufflewump
_

As the sun began its sinking journey down the horizon, orange light bled onto the various concrete and brick walls in town. The golden rays revealed little cracks in the walkways where an occasional bit of grass managed to peek out of. Scruff ambled on, heart set on finding a good place to settle for the night. Several turns later, he wound up in an alleyway where the setting sun didn't seem to reach. It was a little colder here, probably due to the lack of light.

"Sing a song... hit the road~" he began humming, rumbly voice echoing down the path. Scruff's ears suddenly perked up, alert of someone or something lurking in the shadows. Half-blind eyes peered through the gloom but detected nothing, but he knew it was better to be cautious. "Sing a song, hit the road~ It's the way, to get around.." he sang into the dark, "Before you know it, you've gained ground... with me~"

Wander Over Yonder [c] 429f26ef443cbe2547f22c67e6714a3b

hiya, im sprout! feel free to pm me here or on discord for a topic  Smile
Wander Over Yonder [c] Scruff11
Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Characters : Flamethrower, Jaculus
Clan/Rank : [F] Rogue [T1], [J] Rogue [T1]
Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 1229

PostSubject: Re: Wander Over Yonder [c]   Wander Over Yonder [c] EmptyWed 22 May 2024 - 2:25

"What is that horrible sound." A pair of eyes opened into narrow slits, drifting down from where he loafed comfortably on a dumpster to the scraggly old tom who'd just wandered into the shadowed alleyway. One who happened to be making a noise. A noise that hurt his ears and echoed through the passage into his bones.

Jaculus rose, curling his lip to reveal glinting teeth, and leapt neatly in front of the senile old fool, his pelt half-melding into the cool colours of the twilit space. "I'd rather not. You sound like a dying parrot."

Wander Over Yonder [c] Sadnes10
I saw so many places
The things that I did
Yeah with every broken bone
I swear I lived

Jaculus | Flamethrower | Swansong | Rift | Minkstar | Cleft Spyre | Sablepaw/Lirista | Murkpaw
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/stoneflew/
sprout

sprout

Characters : alive: Scrufflewump (Loner), Asterpaw [SkC], Cedarkit [SC], Wisteriakit [RC] deceased: [M]innowstar [TC], Frogkit [WC], [F]lurrypaw [TC], [D]aisypaw [WC]
Taurus Pig

PostSubject: Re: Wander Over Yonder [c]   Wander Over Yonder [c] EmptyWed 22 May 2024 - 21:50

Scrufflewump
_

Scruff's reaction time was a tad slower than it once had been. Still, he refused to let his fur bristle when another voice, not a nice one at that, piped up from the shadows. "Thank you, m'dear. Parrots 'ave beautiful voices, me an' my neighbor, a funny fella named Jack, used to listen to this singin' bird trapped in a cage at one of 'em homes." he recalled fondly, breaking out a toothy smile.

Shuffling forward to get a better look at this stranger who'd complimented him, Scruff could not see the tom. He happened to be staring straight into the rogue's face and standing a little close. Hmph. Must 'ave a dark pelt. he thought to himself.

Introductions were underway he supposed, so the elderly tom continued. "Anywho, m'name's Scruff. Pleasure t'meet ya."

(OOC: he's just going to forever associate Jac with Jack his neighbor, might confuse them both at one point xD)

Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Wander Over Yonder [c]   Wander Over Yonder [c] EmptyThu 23 May 2024 - 2:44

He had a feeling this old tom was being contrary just for the sake of it. Eyes narrowing to slits, he stood his ground as the doddering scruff-pelt shuffled closer, claws pricking lightly out of his paws. Beautiful voices — they screeched and squawked at every ****ing moment, or spouted twoleg gibberish in your face. Which was proof this old tom had likely been deaf his entire life. Probably because of the parrots screeching in his ears all day.

"Get out of my face." His muzzle crinkled at the stink of "Scruff's" breath, the tom practically leaning on his nose. "The pleasure is all yours, now get out of my alleyway and back to your 'Jack' friend."

His tone lowered to a smooth, sinister honey, baring his sharp teeth clear enough that even a blind tom like this should be able to see them. "Or you'll regret it, because unlike your friend, I don't have the patience to listen to a bloody parrot all day."

I saw so many places
The things that I did
I swear I lived

Jaculus | Flamethrower | Swansong | Rift | Minkstar | Cleft Spyre | Sablepaw/Lirista | Murkpaw
Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Taurus Pig

PostSubject: Re: Wander Over Yonder [c]   Wander Over Yonder [c] EmptySat 25 May 2024 - 7:03

Scrufflewump
_

A better term to describe the condition of Scruff's ears would be selective hearing. Caused by what? Old age, probably, batterings from fights of days of old, perhaps. The simplest answer would be stubborn indifference. When the elderly tom's introduction was not returned, he had to contemplate what to call this loner. Whatever threat that was just suggested passed over the tom's head as if he were hairless and missing both ears.

"Oh! I hadn't known this alleyway was yours-" he chirped, "It's nice an' outta th' way, got tha' cozy seclusion!"

Scruff slipped past 'not Jack', pelt brushing against his own scraggly fur as he padded deeper into the alley.

"You don't happen to know a nearby place I could stay do you? My paws are abou'ta fall off. A recommendation would be ever so helpful, m'dear." Contented for now, the tom plopped himself right on the ground beside a dumpster. Tucking his paws to himself, Scruff waited expectantly for an answer.

Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Wander Over Yonder [c]   Wander Over Yonder [c] EmptyFri 7 Jun 2024 - 1:32

Why, he wondered, didn't he just tear the old tom's throat out right here, right now? Slice his claws through that patchy skin and watch panic finally flutter in his eyes as he gurgled and gasped for breath, choking on red blood....

His paws flexed, the coppery tang already wetting his tongue, itching unbearably at his canines as the tom — who stank — brushed past him, deeper in. He barely refrained from snapping around and embedding his teeth into that pathetic spine, the blood hissing in his ears, tinting the cool greys of the alleyway in oozing red for the briefest of moments. It itched under his pelt, subtly clenching at every muscle fibre....

And disappeared in the faintest flicker within the depths of his constricted pupils as they relaxed. The softest of breaths slipped past his teeth, morphing into a quiet huff of a hissing chuckle. Turning, he fixed the old tom with a narrow gaze, the tip of his tail flicking disparagingly. "You, old scruffpelt — or whatever your name is — have the gems of a ****ing lion." He prowled over, regarding him. "I might know of a place. But first, you'll have to tell me what brought you here, to my little corner."

Yes, he could kill him. But there would be no challenge to it; no point. He'd only be giving in to what Larkspur had tried to make him — only giving in to the snarl in the back of his head and the loss of control that sang in his bones; in every scar beneath his pelt. And if there was anything left of him, it was and always had to be control. Settling down to mirror the old hack, so relaxed and carefree as he lounged there, he coiled his tail around his folded paws. "Oh, and the name's Jaculus."

I saw so many places
The things that I did
I swear I lived

Back to top Go down
sprout

sprout

Taurus Pig

PostSubject: Re: Wander Over Yonder [c]   Wander Over Yonder [c] EmptySat 8 Jun 2024 - 7:48

Scrufflewump
_

Scruff's long whiskers twitched ever so slightly as he listened to the tom's comments but his eyes only showed clueless innocence. "Why, then I can call you Jack!" Tipping his head back to search for the heavens above, he began recalling his journey to Twolegplace.

"What brought me here? Well, 'ts a long story.. I was happy, in m'neighbor'ood with Jack, an' the others. But what made me the happiest? 't was my mate, Tilly." Scruff shifted his weight a little before continuing, "She was the p'urtiest molly I'd e'er seen... sweet, caring... I'd always always told her to watch out for those roarin' boxes. See, we lived in a lovely shelter on the corner, and Tils, she had a bad leg so it always took her a lil' longer to cross the pathway than others. An'..."

A heavy sigh settled like a heavy stone weighing on his chest. "I'd only ha' looked away for a second an' she was struck.. I tried.. tried my darn bestest to help her. She was gone too fast." Scruff then realized the fur on his back had raised during his story and let them fall. "Bah' Tills was ne'er scared to go. I had Jack help me move her body, let her rest near the flowers an' then.. I left."

"Decided ta see the world. Tell Tills what all 'bout it when I join her up there." With nothing left to say, the tom fixed his eyes on Jac's form once again.

Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Wander Over Yonder [c]   Wander Over Yonder [c] EmptyMon 10 Jun 2024 - 18:02

Jack?Every muscle stiffened, whiskers practically vibrating as his lips drew back in a snarl. "My name is not—"

His eyelid nearly twitched like the agitated tip of his tail, a low grow rumbling near-inaudibly in the depths of his chest. This old tom was going to drive him mad. Does he have a death wish? He could certainly fulfil it. His teeth practically ground together, one paw gently pinning down the fluffy tip of his tail with a perfectly calm breath lightly dragged over his tongue, the pair of teeth in his ear an abruptly heavy weight.

He listened. And he didn't give a rat's tail. Of course this old mange-pelt wouldn't have anything worth telling. Of course all he had to blather about was some standard housecat love story about some equally scruffy ugly old molly with a bad leg. Who cares about some cloutless old— Expression perfectly neutral, he droned, "So sorry for your loss."
Standing, he stretched, ironing out the stiff kinks that had built up just from listening to scruffypelt talk. "So nice talking to you, but I don't care. See you around, old tom."

I saw so many places
The things that I did
I swear I lived

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wander Over Yonder [c]   Wander Over Yonder [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Wander Over Yonder [c]
Page 1 of 1