Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

An Eye. [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1931

An Eye. [closed] Empty
PostSubject: An Eye. [closed]   An Eye. [closed] EmptyFri 3 May 2024 - 14:41

It was dark in this marsh. Very little stars glittered in the sky here. Mist swirled along the ground as if it was moving water, rushing to a wall of mist that spread to the sky overhead. No birds chirped, nor insects in the area. As if something, or someone, has silenced them. No, this land was truly empty. Devoid of life, much like Wolfpaw's soul. The only song it sang was an agonizing chorus of ominous foreboding.

She stood there, her legs halfway obscured by marsh water and mist. Long fur clung to her sides, damp with the swelling mist in the air. Her pelt nearly blended in with her surroundings, one of her own design. One pale blue eye, one pale green, gazed upon this dreamland of her creation. A scar slashed down her shoulder and looked like a lightning bolt, another marring her face in half. Talon marks raked across her body, still weeping because she willed them to in this form—all an elaborate way to intimidate a monster. To get through to one, you must act like one.

Burdockroot knew darkness. She was raised by it, born by it, during an equinox that brought the Dark Forest to her clan and nursed her to a cold-hearted beast. Turned medicine cat. For most of her life, she felt nothing. Nothing but anger and rage that had consumed her until nearly the last moons of her life. Betrayal. Betrayal did that to her. By Nightstar, mostly. Heatherberry had melted her icy heart at the last moment, giving her a sense of peace before her final moments. And he- the monster slowly coming into this desolate land before her, had hurt her.

He didn't just hurt Heatherberry, but another. Much like Redice, she had seen this evil since he was a kit. The medicine cat had begged Nightstar to do something before it was too late. He did nothing. Redice killed. If you can't trust someone else to do it, you must do it yourself.

And that is why Wolfpaw was met with a snarl.

"You sniveling kit-" she growled as a way of greeting. "-I promised you I would be watching."

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Wasppaw : Burnetkit :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : #ff9900 : #ff66cc
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T4 Warrior : SkyClan Apprentice (Bonus) : Loner-Future RC-Kit
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

I'm not very active, but you are always open to message me on Discord.
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Characters : [C]indersky, [W]olfpaw [D]aytrader, [R]yepaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Deputy | ShadowClan, Apprentice| T1 Loner | WindClan Apprentice
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 484

An Eye. [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Eye. [closed]   An Eye. [closed] EmptyTue 7 May 2024 - 18:53

Wolfpaw
Apprentice | ShadowClan| he/him
"You don't believe me? You will. You will become a true believer."

Wolfpaw had taken time to fall asleep. It nigh refused to come to him, on account for some form of endless rage for no particular reason. The day had been long. He had been with his siblings. And that crude sense of seamless victory had come with it. His sister was saved, and that had put a smile on his face and he finally fell into his fitful sleep--

Cold. This was a chill he had not felt before. The mist was like the marsh, but it weaved into his lungs and if not for the dig of his claws into the mulchy ground he would have coughed and spluttered. And then a voice came, the first sound piercing the eerie silence that he actually quite liked-- Berating. Furious. Seething. His heart skipped a beat. Not out of fear.

He barely recognised the face looking at him. Contorted from that neutral expression that clawed its way forth out of memories he deemed he no longer needed. The psycho. Thought she was tough. He snorted, not really a laugh or a truly needed gesture.

"And?" He was conferring with a ghost. How peculiar. "Is that meant to scare me? You're dead."

discord: moonazine| timezone: gmt| code (c) kieer

Cindersky  | Daytrader |  Wolfpaw |  Ryepaw

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

An Eye. [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Eye. [closed]   An Eye. [closed] EmptyMon 27 May 2024 - 7:48

Burdockroot bared her teeth at the young cat, a rumble in her throat. Slowly, the large molly stalked forward until she was a breath away from the apprentice, peering down at the young, troublesome tom. She stared for a long moment, the rumble like thunder in the air. Before, without warning, she swatted the tom with unsheathed claws that sent him staggering. Using the moment of being off balanced, the molly slammed her body into him, sending him sprawling and shoving a heavy, strong paw on his chest to hold him down. Slowly, she leaned down to breathe in his ear, her breath frigid against his fluff.

"Do you know what happens to cats like you, Wolfpaw? You end like this, helpless with-" She cut herself off, lowering her jaw to his throat and squeezing. The tips of her fangs threatened to pierce skin, hovering right on the border for a few seconds before she slammed her jaws down with a snarl. With a thrash of her head, his jugular was torn from his throat, chunks of flesh following.

Burdockroot stepped back, her maw unbloodied as she sneered at the tom below her. While he felt the excruciating pain of his most precious body part being torn, his neck was intact and he was free to breathe. As the tom lay there, doing whatever he needed to recover, Burdockroot's eyes softened just slightly.

"Your mother doesn't deserve to see that, Wolfpaw. She suffered much to bring you to life." Yes, it was unbelievable that this worm of a life was brought to the world by such a mother, Pineblossom. One time, her love. Now, a friend. She was truly one of the few cats the scarred medicine cat respected and felt attached to. Maybe that was why Burdockroot cared so much to set this tom straight- not for him. For her.

WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T4 Warrior : SkyClan Apprentice (Bonus) : Loner-Future RC-Kit

Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Deputy | ShadowClan, Apprentice| T1 Loner | WindClan Apprentice
Aries Monkey

An Eye. [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Eye. [closed]   An Eye. [closed] EmptyFri 31 May 2024 - 12:25

Wolfpaw
Apprentice | ShadowClan| he/him
"You don't believe me? You will. You will become a true believer."

Wolfpaw watched the lumbering medicine cat advance, arching his back and baring his teeth. "What are you going to do? You're--" His words were ripped from him along with the air heaved from his lungs at the heavy thud of her paw on his chest. It felt like ice, the way her claws cut deep. The pain was gone in moments, overshadowed by the crush of her atop him.

"You're insane--" He began to say, once again forbidden from speech with the puncture of her fangs to his neck. Instincts kicked in. He thrashed his paws that seemed to hit nothing and everything and his growl turned to a furious yowling. Silenced when his neck was torn. He choked, gasping for air that wouldn't come and came all the same, and the burn of it set his paws on fire. He coughed and gasped, his fur on the floor before him-- And then it was not. He blinked, and took a shuddering breath.

He rose to his paws slowly. He would not be fooled by that again. Burdockroots words were like nails on stone, and he whirled around to face her with a furious spit. "You know nothing!" He roared, tail lashing with every syllable. "You are dead, and I am alive. And don't you dare bring Mama into this. You are angry that I was right, that you were useless-- And now you are dead. Shut up! You're dead!"

discord: moonazine| timezone: gmt| code (c) kieer

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

An Eye. [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Eye. [closed]   An Eye. [closed] EmptyWed 12 Jun 2024 - 20:56

Burdockroot snarled, allowing the apprentice space... for now. "Ask your mother how much the dead can do, we were raised by the dead." Her expressionless eyes bore into Wolfpaw's soul. Now, she took a step towards the apprentice, feeling the tingle in her starry body drawing her back up to StarClan soon. "I'm watching, Wolfpaw. You have the chance to turn your life around. Prevent your throat from being torn from you. Prevent your mother, your siblings, from witnessing it. Preventing you from spending your eternity-" She flicked her fluffy tail to the wall of mist behind them now. "Away from them in the Dark Forest, never to see them as you slowly rot painfully and forgotten."

Her growl, low and dark, echoed through the air around them as the space slowly faded into nothing, her mismatched eyes the last thing Wolfpaw saw as he awoke, her growl still to ring in his ears.

Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

An Eye. [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Eye. [closed]   An Eye. [closed] EmptyTue 25 Jun 2024 - 12:06

Wolfpaw
You don't believe me? You will...

Anger, hot and coiling and poised to strike was all that Wolfpaw could feel. The ghost uttered nonsense; raised by the dead? The dead were gone and buried and now his nightmares had conjured a sick hallucination to belittle him. Ghosts did not exist. Of course the first time he dreamt in moons would be that wretch snivelling and chiding him with legends and kitten-tales.

"Curse you!" He shrieked as she faded, claws scratching at the ground as he hauled himself to suddenly heavy paws to lunge at her. "You and your riddles, you're dead, taunting me from the grave, don't you utter a word about my--" His words broke in a furious howl, and his flying paws closed around... Moss.

He was growling even as he woke. His pelt stood on end, pupils narrowed to furious slits. With a snarl, he slammed his paws into what was once a nest, sending moss and dust spraying with the movement. His chest heaved. 'Ghosts,' He could hear his blood roaring in his ears, every breath whistling through tightly clenched teeth. 'And kitten tales.'
...You will become a true believer.
ShadowClan • Apprentice • He/Him• #6b2213
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

An Eye. [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Eye. [closed]   An Eye. [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

An Eye. [closed]
Page 1 of 1