Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I'll Sing to You in Different Tongues [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [S]piderkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [S] SC Kit
Number of posts : 691

I'll Sing to You in Different Tongues [C] Empty
PostSubject: I'll Sing to You in Different Tongues [C]   I'll Sing to You in Different Tongues [C] EmptyMon 1 Apr 2024 - 21:05

Wiggleworm

("Feral Language")
("Forest Language")

Wiggleworm's heart clenched almost painfully in his chest as he peered into the camp, his dark eyes scanning the clearing for a certain, familiar pelt. It hadn't seemed right to do it so soon after Mottlestar and Firefly had died, but now that the clan had begun to heal and newleaf was abound, the spotted tom couldn't bring himself to wait any longer. Moons ago, when he'd first laid next to Silverdusk as apprentices, he'd promised himself that he would stop at nothing to make his clanmates happy and that he wouldn't let fear dictate his life anymore. 

Even now, his relationship with his littermates was lackluster at best because he'd been afraid to tell them the truth about Cloudychase. After all of this time, they still didn't know how his first mentor had treated him. And then, when he got sick, he let his worry for their health convince him to pull away from them even further. Not just them, but Softpaw too. Which had, undeniably, been a mistake. Wiggleworm still blamed himself - at least partially - for her murder. But Silverdusk had been there for him no matter how messed up and sad he was. She'd never given up on him...not once. Wiggleworm could hardly imagine a life without them at this point.

Then, when Silverdusk went to fight SkyClan, he realized that there was a chance they wouldn't come back. That there was a chance he would live the rest of his life having never told her how deeply his feelings for them went. Wiggleworm didn't want to live his life regretting every chance he didn't take or every cat he'd lost by being too scared to take things into his own paws. Silverdusk would feel the same or she wouldn't and no matter which it was, he would care for them just the same. Nothing would change the fact that she had been there for him through everything - not even the possibility that they didn't love him.

Finally, a flash of silver and green eyes drew Wiggleworm's attention away from his thoughts and back into the present. Pelt prickling with anxiety, he approached Silverdusk, eyes wide and earnest. "Silverdusk, do you wanna go on a walk with me? The forest is beautiful right now. Um, with all the flowers blooming and...yeah. Wanna come?" He meowed nervously, shuffling his paws on the packed down floor of the clearing. It was alright if she said no, but he'd searched for the perfect place to talk to her all morning and he was worried it wouldn't look as perfect tomorrow. What if the flowers wilted? What it started to rain? 

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 2 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2219

PostSubject: Re: I'll Sing to You in Different Tongues [C]   I'll Sing to You in Different Tongues [C] EmptyTue 2 Apr 2024 - 5:40

Forest Speak
Feral Speak

The familiar timbre of Wiggleworm's voice was like birdsong, capturing the warrior's attention immediately. The meticulous task of stacking the fresh-kill pile was quickly forgone, as Silverdusk turned, a smile illuminating their features, to greet the spotted tom. A smile that only grew when he spoke to them in his native tongue, how pleasant it sounded when he spoke it -especially after his confession about Cloudychase. It meant so much to see how far he had come, and that he was growing to be confident in all parts of himself... Which was why the sudden nervousness he spoke with caught the tall molly off guard. Nervous to ask for their company, they were the closest of friends he did not need to ask; her answer would always be yes.

Silverdusk padded closer to him, raising their head to gently lick his cheek. The gesture, however simple, set them alight. Tingling from head to tail, and wishing they were more than just friends. The notion of her feelings towards him, had hit them very suddenly, but truth be told they had been there far longer. If only war had not been the force that exposed them, it made things so much more complicated. There was grief in her heart for something that had never existed between them and perhaps never would. She sniffed, pushing past the emotions that constricted their heart, and easing into what was normalcy between the two. "Of course I will walk with you, Wiggleworm."

There was a longing to say more. The mention of blooming flowers, stirring those feelings once more. They were not so easy to push down and forget, not when they spent so much time together. And not when he was far, far, too good for them. Why was there no room for feelings to blossom like the flowers he spoke of? Reality was cold and a breaker of hearts, but a world with Wiggleworm in it was a world far better than one without. "You lead and I will follow." purred Silverdusk.

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier three warrior | 50/120 | #99cc99
brackendawn | skyclan | tier two warrior | 20/80 | #cc9966
louse | rogue | tier two rogue | 50/120 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier one warrior | 30/80 | #996666
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

I'll Sing to You in Different Tongues [C] Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [S]piderkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [S] SC Kit

PostSubject: Re: I'll Sing to You in Different Tongues [C]   I'll Sing to You in Different Tongues [C] EmptySat 6 Apr 2024 - 17:09

Wiggleworm

("Feral Language")
("Forest Language")

Wiggleworm smiled warmly at Silverdusk as she accepted his offer and got up to go with him. Purring to ease his nerves, the spotted warrior turned and, with a flick of his tail, gestured for Silverdusk to follow him. Alright, that part was over - he just needed to get them to his carefully selected spot in ThunderClan's territory and actually...talk to her. Shaking his pelt out with a sigh, Wiggleworm glanced back at Silverdusk, his fur prickling. "I have been wanting to talk to you for some time now!" Then, breath catching in his throat, he laughed haltingly. 

"I mean - about normal ThunderClan things, of course!" The warrior cringed inwardly at his frantic tone and cleared his throat before pushing his way out of the camp. Warm sunlight dappled the forest floor around them and everywhere he looked, Wiggleworm saw blooming flowers and bright, leafy green buds. The entirety of ThunderClan's territory looked beautiful in this warm light, but there was one particular place that Wiggleworm knew was bound to impress Silverdusk. 

Maybe. Hopefully.

"Ah, so, how have you been feeling?" He meowed after a moment, stumbling briefly over his words in his haste. Then, in a more somber tone, his gaze softened and he slowed to walk alongside Silverdusk, his worry momentarily forgotten. "The clan seems to have recovered, but what of you?" What they'd said to him after the battle with SkyClan - it still rang clear in Wiggleworm's head - each word like claws in his heart. He hated that they ever blamed themself for what happened that day, especially when none of it had been her fault. 

Of course, it was never that simple. Especially when it involved the deaths of several clanmates. He knew very well that guilt and self-loathing was no easy thing to try to navigate. Like what had happened with Softpaw. However, Silverdusk had been there for him throughout it and he would do the same for them - no matter how long it took. Silverdusk deserved at least that.

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 2 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: I'll Sing to You in Different Tongues [C]   I'll Sing to You in Different Tongues [C] EmptyWed 10 Apr 2024 - 6:43

Forest Speak
Feral Speak

Wiggleworm was acting like a kit, and Silverdusk couldn't fathom why. Conversation was usually so easy between them, but today the spotted tom was tripping over all his words -both feral and of the forest tongue. Green eyes blinked, as he paused to look at them, heat rushing to their cheeks as his gaze lingered. It took them a moment to decide on how best to reply with the way the tom was flitting between both languages. "Is that not what we usually talk about?" mewed the tall warrior. Maybe the switching of tongues was another mark of his anxiety, was he scared of her? He'd never been so bashful around them before, had something changed? Silverdusk's tail swished back and forth and she opened their mouth to ask, but Wiggleworm was already hurriedly squeezing out of camp.

They shook their head, trotting to catch up to him. Answers would come in time, and they were always honest with one another, he would tell them when he was ready. Finally, the silver molly caught up with him, their pelts brushing together, which only added to the warmth that still bloomed on her cheeks. With the duties that came with having an apprentice they were yet to admire the forest during Newleaf, this walk allowed Silverdusk's ever racing mind to slow. To take in the sights and smells. There was a sweet aroma to the air, full of pollen and it tickled her nose. The landscape itself was dappled with colour, evidence of the dawning season. Green split between the blossoms of blues and whites, the precursor of an explosion of colour. The same way Wiggleworm banished the monochromatic melancholy that had sunk its claws into her life as of late. Silverdusk sneezed loudly.

The welcome intrusion of his voice, drew them forward, back to reality. Their pawsteps fell evenly, perfectly in tow with the large warrior's own. The stumbling from earlier was still there, but as the wind gently rustled the leaves above, sending petals cascading to the ground, he seemed to rise in stature, finding that familiar confidence. The shift, brought a warm smile to Silverdusk's maw, happy he was more comfortable and acting like himself again. Which meant gentle brown eyes creased with worry for them. Though, Wiggleworm did not need to worry. "Better." replied Silverdusk and she meant it. Truly.

It had been so hard, but now the scar tissue was healing. It flared up, as all wounds do, but it wasn't all consuming. The mountain of guilt had become a molehill of regrets. The war... It still played over and over in her mind, but the desire to change the past ebbed. Would the future they wished to forge be darker than the one they were in? The God of Now had urged her to save Honeydew, to protect those that needed it most. Wiggleworm had been right all along, though it had taken moons to accept the truth. Saving Honeydew would be a path to peace with SkyClan, and a means to Sunfire's head too. The contradictory nature of the thought did not dawn on the she-cat. "Flowers can still grow amongst the ashes, and as ThunderClan recovers so do I. I feel much better, and this walk has made me feel better still. What of you, Wiggleworm?" Silverdusk cocked their head in question.

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: I'll Sing to You in Different Tongues [C]   I'll Sing to You in Different Tongues [C] EmptyThu 11 Apr 2024 - 21:21

Wiggleworm

("Feral Language")
("Forest Language")

Wiggleworm started as soon as Silverdusk spoke, heat blooming across his face and up his ears at their words. RIGHT. ThunderClan affairs were probably what they talked about most of the time, what was he saying? Silverdusk was probably appalled by how he was acting and, unfortunately, he couldn't even blame her. With a flick of his tail, Wiggleworm smiled awkwardly and tried to compose himself. Great God of Now, please let me not make a fool of myself. If he couldn't hold a normal conversation, how could he possibly hope to actually confess to her? "Yeah! I mean, of course! There's just...so much to discuss!" He babbled nervously.

Great. Yes, that was just perfect. There was no way she was suspicious at all. Electricity sparked through his body as their pelts brushed and, with what could only be described as a squeak, he jolted away, determined to avoid Silverdusk's gaze. He was acting like such an idiot right now. Hopefully, they were too preoccupied looking at the recently bloomed flowers to really notice, but Wiggleworm knew her better than that. More likely than not, they were completely at a loss wondering what was wrong. That thought, however, wasn't particularly comforting. 

With a steadying breath, the spotted warrior forced his vibrating nerves to relax and tried to appear somewhat casual as they walked. Despite the underlying horror of her possible denial, it was admittedly really nice to just spend time in each-other's presence without the pressures of war or literal death looming over them. Wiggleworm's dark eyes fluttered briefly from the young flowers to Silverdusk and back again, his pelt tingling with a dizzying mixture of excitement and fear. He sincerely hoped their relationship could blossom as beautifully as these flowers.

Though, all of his nerves were drowned out as they spoke, replaced only with relief that they truly were doing better now. If all else failed, he could rest easy knowing that his best friend in the entire forest was alright. Clearly, though, their heads were in different places because, try as he might, Wiggleworm just couldn't bring himself to be worried about the past or even the future. With a purr, he butted his head against Silverdusk's, his eyes glowing. "I'm so glad to hear that." He meowed softly. "I remain unchanged. Just happy to spend time with you again."

As the rounded a cluster of trees, however, all calm left Wiggleworm's body - replaced instead with that familiar thrum of uncertainty. Just a few more pawsteps and there was no going back. Just a few more moments and their relationship would, hopefully, be changed for forever. "Um. Actually, I brought you out here for a reason, not just to talk. Follow me...please." He glanced back at her, expression tight, and pushed his way through a cluster of ferns into a sunlit clearing, dappled with tiny white flowers. Oh, thank goodness. Just as he'd left it. With a sideways grin, the massive tom spun around and waited anxiously for Silverdusk.

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: I'll Sing to You in Different Tongues [C]   I'll Sing to You in Different Tongues [C] EmptyMon 15 Apr 2024 - 10:25

Forest Speak
Feral Speak

Despite his nervousness, Wiggleworm didn't seem afraid of them... More so nervous. Had her assumption about his fear been misplaced? Silverdusk sighed in relief, they didn't know what they'd do if he suddenly disliked them. Now reassured, his nervousness instead coaxed a soft laugh from the tall molly. Their eyes squeezed close, and she pressed against him. Once before, Wiggleworm had laughed at their own awkwardness and they had been so dumbfounded, but now it was her turn. Though that brief reassurance melted away as the tom let out a mouse-like squeak and practically jumped away from them. Silverdusk paused, their ears falling backwards, was that too personal of a gesture? She hadn't meant too... Even before their feelings had developed she had always been physically close with him, so why now did he shy away? Heat burned their cheeks, had she accidentally brushed against a wound? Had he been injured? By another cat? Hot air pushed its way out of her nose, whoever had hurt Wiggleworm, whoever had done this, they would find out. And then she'd sink their claws into their skin. Wiggleworm would not end up murdered like their clanmates.

He returned to their side, but the absence of his pelt brushing against her own was noticeable, and she mourned its loss. "Are you hurt?" they all but blurted, green eyes laced with concern gazing up at him. Still he seemed much too focused on whatever was bothering him to reply. Their brow furrowed, but she wasn't going to push it. Instead she took to admiring the scenery again, and just being content in the feral warrior's presence.

Ahead, there was a thick cluster of ferns and Wiggleworm turned to look at her. His smile was warm and perfect, but what he said worried them. This trip had been important, and now they were away from camp was he going to tell them what happened? Silverdusk's forehead creased with worry, but naturally she followed him, brushing the fronds aside. The spot, though unintentional the silver she-cat assumed, he had chosen was possibly one of the most beautiful scenes she had ever come across. A glade dappled with white and shafts of sunlight that turned Wiggleworm gold and his eyes into pools of Honey. If it weren't for the tightness in their chest at what he wanted to reveal, she would have broken into a loud purr. They smiled, but immediately felt sick with dread. "If you are about to tell me you are hurt, I will bring down this entire forest." mewed Silverdusk quietly.

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: I'll Sing to You in Different Tongues [C]   I'll Sing to You in Different Tongues [C] EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024 - 19:40

Wiggleworm

("Feral Language")
("Forest Language")

Wiggleworm blinked at Silverdusk for a moment, his eyes going wide with shock. What? Why would he be hurt? With a calm shake of his head, he stepped closer to Silverdusk and brushed his muzzle against theirs in an attempt to soothe them. "No, I'm not hurt. You don't need to worry about me." He purred softly. With a soft chuckle, he wrapped his tail around hers and led her further into the glade while he tried to ignore the pounding of his heart. Compared to everything else he'd been through; this should be no more difficult than breathing. And yet...he couldn't help but feel frightened. Had his Hank felt like this when he confessed to his mom?

Deeps breaths. It'll all be okay. Hesitantly, he removed his tail from theirs and turned to face them. The journey, the sickness, the dogs...all of it was trivial compared to this. The only thing that had scared him more was the day of the battle - when he thought he might never see Silverdusk alive again. However, he hated that look on their face. How worried and concerned they looked didn't sit well with him. Though, it felt nice to have someone who cared so deeply for him. 

After taking a moment to steady himself, Wiggleworm plopped down in a soft patch of clover, smiling at the way the white blossoms tickled his paws. Silverdusk looked so gorgeous today or, well, every day really. But the sunlight on her fur and dancing around her really emphasized it. "I...um...you look beautiful, Silverdusk." He stammered after a moment, eyes still locked onto her. Then, pelt prickling, his smile faded. "You know, I was so scared when you told me that you were fighting against SkyClan...I thought it was just because we're best friends and, uh, maybe that's all it is, to you." He laughed once, nervously, and smiled shakily.

"But...not to me." Finally, the spotted warrior dropped his gaze. He hear his heartbeat - could Silverdusk too? "I...love you. I have for a while I just...didn't realize until that day. And it's okay if you don't feel the same way!" He meowed nervously. "But I just wanted you to know." Wiggleworm stuttered into silence at that, his tail tucked close to his body. He was so scared, but he'd rather do this and be rejected than live the rest of his life not knowing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'll Sing to You in Different Tongues [C]   I'll Sing to You in Different Tongues [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

I'll Sing to You in Different Tongues [C]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Territory-
Jump to: