Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Break the Cycle [Training]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [S]piderkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [S] SC Kit
Number of posts : 691

Break the Cycle [Training] Empty
PostSubject: Break the Cycle [Training]   Break the Cycle [Training] EmptyTue 12 Mar 2024, 11:29 pm

Wiggleworm

("Feral Language")
("Forest Language")

Wiggleworm led the way out of the camp, Tinypaw right on his heels. It seemed so strange to have an apprentice already, but he supposed he had been a warrior for some time now. Though, all things considered, it really didn't seem like it. He'd been stuck in the medicine den until a little while ago, how good of a mentor could he really be? It wasn't as though he even had any good memories of his own training - not when his first mentor had been so horrible to him.

Regardless, Wiggleworm was determined to try his best! It was the least the young cat as his side deserved. Honestly, though, Wiggleworm wasn't sure where to even begin. Cloudychase had started with hunting, so maybe that's where he would begin Tinypaw's apprenticeship too? Well, it seemed to be as good an idea as any so, with a smile, the massive tom led the way deeper into ThunderClan's vast forest. "We will begin with hunting. I hope that is okay." 

Goodness, it would have to be. There was no way he would feel comfortable sparring with the little tom beside him. One wrong move and Wiggleworm was certain he would send the orange apprentice sprawling. Now that would be an...unfortunate way to begin their relationship. Not to mention that Lichenwing would be furious with him.

Back to top Go down
Little Ripped

Little Ripped

Characters : (E)cho, (T)inypaw, (A)shstorm (dead), (Sh)ira (dead), (W)aterlily (dead), (S)carletriver (dead), Big Man (K)even (dead)
Clan/Rank : (A) Skyclan Tier 5 Warrior, (Sh) Elder, (W) Thunderclan Tier 4 Warrior, (S) Tier 3 Warrior, (K) Tier 1 Rogue
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 1065

PostSubject: Re: Break the Cycle [Training]   Break the Cycle [Training] EmptyWed 13 Mar 2024, 11:27 am

The small orange cat trotted alongside his mentor, a spring in every step. He didn't know what being an apprentice necessarily entailed, all he knew was that he was going into the forest! He looked around in awe at everything. Sure, it was just trees and grass, but there were so many little noises there too. With all of the animals chirping, and the sunlight dancing on the ground wherever it was permitted to by the treetops, and the smell of all of the plants and animals that filled there... it was simply incredible. There was nothing more magical that Tinypaw had seen in his life. This was all he dreamed about.

Being so overwhelmed by the sights and sounds and smells, he almost forgot to answer his mentor, and then felt a little bad about the pause. "Oh, sorry! Hunting sounds amazing. I know a little bit from learning and playing with my friends already, so I'll hopefully pick up real hunting quick!"

Echo - Loner - Tier 1 Rogue
Tinypaw - Thunderclan - Apprentice

I don't have new art, so you get the drawings of my old cats :)
Signature done by Arcana and Scarletriver Loki Avatar done by Cocoa!
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [S]piderkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [S] SC Kit

PostSubject: Re: Break the Cycle [Training]   Break the Cycle [Training] EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 6:11 pm

Wiggleworm

("Feral Language")
("Forest Language")

Wiggleworm let out a deep, rumbling laugh, and shook his head good-naturedly. "There is no need to apologize, young apprentice. I was also in awe of the forest when I first saw it." He had also been extremely stressed, but that was just because he'd been forced to blindly run through the territory in search of his own mentor for lessons. If he didn't arrive on time, there were consequences. Of course, that had only been an issue until he'd figured out the lay of the land which, thanks to Cloudychase's odd method of training, happened quickly. 

Shaking out his pelt, Wiggleworm smiled at Tinypaw reassuringly. "I am sure you will pick it up quickly. I was admittedly not the best hunter as an apprentice, but I have gotten better, so you are in good paws." The large tom tried to keep his voice light and friendly to avoid making Tinypaw nervous, but it was hard to tell if he was doing a good job of it. He knew he would need to be firm, but how would he be able to tell when to draw the line? Hopefully, Tinypaw would tell him, but Wiggleworm couldn't help but feel uncomfortable regardless. This young cat's life and future was in his paws. How could he be sure that he wouldn't mess it all up?

He wouldn't, he supposed. He would just have to trust himself to get it right. So, with a sigh, Wiggleworm lifted his nose to the air. One sniff made it clear to the spotted warrior that there wasn't any prey around to demonstrate the proper hunting technique on, so he would have to get creative. "Tinypaw, I would like to hear what you already know about hunting. And, if you are able, could you show me what you think a good hunting crouch looks like?"

Last edited by GravisCordis on Wed 10 Apr 2024, 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Little Ripped

Little Ripped

Characters : (E)cho, (T)inypaw, (A)shstorm (dead), (Sh)ira (dead), (W)aterlily (dead), (S)carletriver (dead), Big Man (K)even (dead)
Clan/Rank : (A) Skyclan Tier 5 Warrior, (Sh) Elder, (W) Thunderclan Tier 4 Warrior, (S) Tier 3 Warrior, (K) Tier 1 Rogue
Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Break the Cycle [Training]   Break the Cycle [Training] EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 12:52 am

Tinypaw heard what Wiggleworm said about his hunting, and he was incredibly excited. "I bet you're an amazing hunter!" He waddled a long and was shocked when Wiggleworm asked him to show his hunting stance. He only really practiced his stance with Irispaw before, and never with an official warrior. A wave of anxiety rushed over him as her tried to compile all his thoughts together on how to do this. "Um, okay... That sounds good!" He exclaimed, completely terrified of messing up immediately in front of his mentor.

He leaned into a crouch, still slightly wobbly, but overall pretty good. His tail was back, but slightly up from the ground so it wouldn't hit anything and make a noise. He was pretty low to the ground, and his small stature allowed him to hide well that low down. Internally, he could feel a bit of pain from the stiffness in his muscles. "Is this okay?" He squeaked.

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: Break the Cycle [Training]   Break the Cycle [Training] EmptyWed 10 Apr 2024, 9:00 pm

Wiggleworm

("Feral Language")
("Forest Language")

Wiggleworm chuckled heartily, his tail lifting happily at Tinypaw's encouragement. How odd. Wasn't it his job as a mentor to be encouraging Tinypaw? Not the other way around? It didn't really matter, he supposed, so long as they were both supporting each other like clanmates should. "Well, in that case, I shall do my best to make you every bit the hunter I am and then some." It was hard to feel gloomy or anxious when Tinypaw was so full of energy. He could tell that the young tom was nervous and wanted to quell his anxieties, but wasn't really sure what to say so, instead, simply observed as he attempted a hunting crouch. It wasn't bad at all, actually.

The spotted warrior brushed his tail over Tinypaw's shoulders and smiled in what he hoped was a reassuring way. "That was wonderful, young apprentice! I am sure you will get more comfortable once you practice more." Humming, Wiggleworm replicated the crouch and grinned at the younger tom. "I will demonstrate." Silently, he crept forward in a straight line, lifting and placing his paws expertly. "It is vital to ensure that you do not step on anything that would alert your prey." Then, Wiggleworm straightened and turned to face Tinypaw. "Let us find somewhere better to practice. Maybe, you will even make your first catch today."

Back to top Go down
Little Ripped

Little Ripped

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Break the Cycle [Training]   Break the Cycle [Training] EmptyToday at 9:31 pm

Tinypaw lit up at the mention of a first catch. His very own catch, to contribute to the clan! He had been waiting for this for as long as he could remember. That was the one thing he always had trouble with though... being wobbly and maybe a little noisy as he tried to hunt prey. Well, the pray that was in the camp at least. So, he was a bit nervous about that.

"Okay! That sounds amazing, I always dreamed of my first real catch. Where do you think we should go?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Break the Cycle [Training]   Break the Cycle [Training] Empty

Back to top Go down

Break the Cycle [Training]
Page 1 of 1