Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Characters : Stormkit ♀
Clan/Rank : WindClan / Kit
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 2307

Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training] Empty
PostSubject: Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training]   Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training] EmptyFri 3 Mar 2017 - 13:10

Blizzardshine looked around camp for her apprentice, it was time for Snakepaw to learn the basics of clan life to become a great warrior one day. It wasn’t exactly early in the morning, but with the sun high enough it would be fairly improbable for her to still be sleeping in the apprentice’s den, so she had decided to skip that search.

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
Typhoonflame

Typhoonflame

Characters : Snakepaw
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan apprentice
Leo Tiger
Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training]   Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training] EmptySat 4 Mar 2017 - 4:40

Snakepaw sat near the apprentices' den, washing her fur with swift strokes of her tongue. She still couldn't believe she'd been chosen by Blizzardshine herself to be her apprentice. She heard pawsteps near her and looked up to see the deputy she'd just been thinking about. The black and white apprentice stood to greet her mentor with a dip of her head. "Morning, Blizzardshine."

Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training] L6e14MM

Snakepaw of ThunderClan
                                                (20/80)
Back to top Go down
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training]   Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training] EmptyMon 6 Mar 2017 - 15:21

Blizzardshine smiled as the voice of her apprentice reached her ears, turning towards her and getting closer “Morning, Snakepaw, are you ready to start your training?” The white deputy playfully bumped her head gently against the apprentice as a greeting, much like she used to do with the playful kits of the nursery when she decided to visit them “If yes, I think I can teach you some proper fighting moves”.

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
Typhoonflame

Typhoonflame

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training]   Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training] EmptyWed 8 Mar 2017 - 9:21

Snakepaw nodded, straightening. "Of course I am!" The idea of learning to fight filled her with excitement. She kept her composure, however, and waited for her mentor to lead the way.

Snakepaw of ThunderClan
                                                (20/80)
Back to top Go down
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training]   Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training] EmptySun 12 Mar 2017 - 1:26

Blizzardshine smiled and nodded approvingly “Very well then! Follow me” With those words, the white deputy turned around and started to walk towards the entrance of the camp, smiling widely as she did. It was time to take the little apprentice to the small open grounds near the camp so they could train their battle moves.

It didn’t took long for them to arrive, the position of the sun letting them know they still had more than enough time to train and even teach him a couple of tricks that had proven useful to her in the past “This won’t be like the time we play-fought at the nursery, Snakepaw, and though we won’t be using claws to avoid unnecessary wounds you’ll need to take it seriously. What I’m going to teach you now can be the difference between defeat or victory on your future battles” As she spoke she got in front of her, muscles tense and her body on battling position “Get ready”.

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
Typhoonflame

Typhoonflame

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training]   Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training] EmptySun 12 Mar 2017 - 1:48

Snakepaw followed behind her mentor, wondering what she was going to learn today. She truly hoped she could live up to Blizzardshine's expectations. It was always a good idea to impress higher-ranked cats.

Once they arrived, Snakepaw stood and listened to the instructions. "Of course I'll take it seriously, you needn't worry, Blizzardshine, I'll do my best." she promised.

Snakepaw of ThunderClan
                                                (20/80)
Back to top Go down
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training]   Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training] EmptySun 12 Mar 2017 - 18:19

OOC: I’ll go Out of Character for a bit to explain this to you, if you have questions or get confused, just ask. I'll be as detailed as I can:

The battle system is what you’ll use in any serious battle here. In the rank system (Link to Rank System) you’ll see that each rank has an HP number and an SP number:

-HP stands for “Hit Points”, or, in other words, your cat’s “life”. Now, if your HP hits “0” you won’t die, you simply get KO’ed, what means that a medicine cat can’t heal you and you can’t battle anymore. You can see how much damage each move does depending on your rank below the SP cost and effect Move Chart.
-SP stands for “Stamina Points”, now, the battle system (Link to Battle System) consists on many moves, some general for all the cats, others exclusive for each clan. Each move has a certain cost of SP, and if your SP hits “0” your cat is considered to be too tired to keep fighting anymore.

There are two kind of moves: The regular moves, that have no effect, and the special moves, in which you can find certain restrictions or effects where you have to roll a dice (You can find this option under the post area when making a regular post, so if you need to roll a dice you can’t just use the quick reply system) and, depending on the dice, it is how long the effect lasts. You can see which effect each move has, if any, and the numbers that you need to get from the dice roll so it lasts a certain time. Remember to read the rules above the moves as well.

Let’s try a regular move first, to see if you grasp that. Then we can try a dice-roll move so you see how it is done. I'll also use italics on the battle system I use to let you know what is each thing. This is only a “Battle System Training”, so the HP and SP refill themselves after each turn, given that Blizzardshine isn’t trying to hurt her apprentice and vice-versa. This won’t happen on a real fight though, so keep that in mind.

Also, wrth mentioning: If a cat is KOed its completely up to you if your cat gets healed fully in their next thread or is it required to rp with the medicine cat to heal up. Most members just take for granted that their cat went back to full health between the fight and the next thread. However, if you want your cat to be healed or actually stay wounded for the next thread for whatever reason, like character development or a plot, you’re free to do so. Also, you can chose to run away or faint when your HP or SP hit “0”, it isn’t mandatory for you to just lose consciousness. BTW, every post is considered to be one turn during a battle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I’ll show you a basic move right now, just so you get the idea” With that Blizzardshine used the most basic move on her arsenal, being careful to keep her claws sheathed to not harm the apprentice.

Blizzardshine used Front Paw Blow on Snakepaw, dealing 12 damage and using 5 stamina <~ (You must state which cat uses which move, and who are they attacking. After that you must first state the damage dealt and then the stamina taken away through the use of said move)

Snakepaw: <~ (The opponent/s usually go on top)
8/20 <~ (Opponent’s remaining HP Vs. Original HP, you must subtract the points of damage dealt on the left side)
80/80 <~ (Opponent’s SP, you can’t modify this)

Blizzardshine: <~ (Your attacking cat usually goes on the bottom)
100/100 <~ (Your HP, you can’t modify this)
275/280 <~ (Your remaining SP Vs. Original SP, you must subtract the SP used on the left side)

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
Typhoonflame

Typhoonflame

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training]   Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training] EmptyTue 14 Mar 2017 - 13:14

OOC: I think I understand everything, except the dice rolling, but we'll get to that later, so it should be fine. Thank God I play Pokemon hahahhahha xD))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Snakepaw stumbled back, shaking her head after her mentor's blow. Then, she braced herself and attempted to copy her move.

Snakepaw tried to use Front Paw Blow on Blizzardshine, if she hits, she does 4 damage and uses 5 stamina.

Blizzardshine:
HP:96/100
SP: 275/280

Snakepaw:

HP:20/20
SP:75/80

Snakepaw of ThunderClan
                                                (20/80)
Back to top Go down
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training]   Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training] EmptyWed 15 Mar 2017 - 2:35

OOC: Okay, now comes a more tricky part, though fairly simple once you get used to it: The dice roll attacks. These attacks are in the special attack rank, but what differences them from the rest special attacks is that the effects these can inflict on the opponent vary depending on the number the dice gives to you, you can check the effects on the Battle System as well. Here are the steps you need to follow to use them:

-Click the “Preview” button instead of the “Send” one after typing your post
-Right under the post box you'll see the "Dices Roll" one. In the Blank box, pick "Effect Dice"
-Click "Send"

You'll see that there will be an automatic generated post right after yours, there you'll see the number you got from the dice roll. Compare it with the Battle System table and you'll get the number of turns that the opponent will be under such effects. When a cat is under the effects of one of these moves they can't attack until the number of turns is up, meaning that if they are stunned for one turn, they must post but can't do anything to harm your cat or any other cat during that post (Remember: 1 Post = 1 Turn). Keep in mind that moves that leave a cat defenseless like this one can't be used in succession, this is to avoid stunning a cat over and over again, winning the fight because you didn't allowed them to hit back.

Since this isn't a real battle the effects from the dice get nullified, meaning that you're allowed to attack on your next turn regardless of what I may get in the Dices Roll.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blizzardshine let out a pleased chuckle when the apprentice hit her, clearly approving of the apprentice’s advance and happy with how fast she absorbed the knowledge she had to offer “Great! You’re a talented cat, I can already tell” With that, she quickly got on an offensive position, ready to continue the training “Now I’ll teach you a more complicated attack, don’t worry, I won’t harm you” With that, Blizzardshine used her strong legs to spring onto the apprentice’s back, careful to keep her claws sheathed even if it caused her to not have a stable hold. She preferred to fall off because of that than scratch her, even if in the end it didn’t happened and she successfully pinned her to the ground.

“With this attack you’ll be able to keep attacking and not receive damage for as long as you keep the cat pinned down, it’s a bit tricky to use and you can get tired easily struggling to keep the opponent pinned down, but it can give you a guaranteed win if you know when and how to use it” After those words she got off Snakepaw’s back, freeing her from her grasp and getting on a defensive position so the apprentice could try the move as well.

Blizzardshine used Leap-and-hold on Snakepaw, dealing 14 damage and using 10 stamina. Snakepaw is pinned down for 1 turn <~ (The number of turns your opponent is affected must be edited in at the end of this phrase after you get the dice roll numbers. In this case I got a 2, what means that in a real battle your cat would be pinned down for one turn)

Snakepaw:
6/20
80/80

Blizzardshine:
100/100
270/280

[10HP || 30SP]

Last edited by Ink on Wed 15 Mar 2017 - 2:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training]   Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training] EmptyWed 15 Mar 2017 - 2:35

The member 'Ink' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 2

Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training] Mistpe10
Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Typhoonflame

Typhoonflame

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training]   Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training] EmptyWed 15 Mar 2017 - 3:51

OOC: Gotcha, I think I get it! Do moves ever fail though?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Snakepaw smiled proudly at her mentor's praise. "Thank you, Blizzardshine, I'm glad I managed it on my first try." she said. Suddenly, she was pinned down by the white-she cat. She attempted to get out of her grasp, but failed to do so. Instead, she let herself be pinned and listened to the lecture. "Ah, I see, quite interesting. Let me try." She stood after her mentor got off her and attempted to do the same.

She pushed off with her hind legs, aiming for the deputy's back and pinned her down. The problem was keeping her pinned, but she was glad she'd at least managed to get this far.

Snakepaw used Leap-and-hold on Blizzardshine, dealing 6 damage and using 10 stamina. Blizzardshine is pinned down for 1 turn.

Snakepaw:
20/20
70/80

Blizzardshine:
96/100
280/280

Snakepaw of ThunderClan
                                                (20/80)

Last edited by Typhoonflame on Wed 15 Mar 2017 - 3:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training]   Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training] EmptyWed 15 Mar 2017 - 3:51

The member 'Typhoonflame' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 2

Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training] Mistpe10
Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Leo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training]   Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training] EmptySat 18 Mar 2017 - 12:21

OOC: Nope, so far there are no moves that can fail in the battle system. I can’t guarantee those won’t be added in the future though, as that’s completely up to the mods and admins. If you want we can wrap up the thread and move on to the hunting training, as you already know the basics of battle.

Blizzardshine lowered her head and stood as still as possible so Snakepaw wouldn’t have much trouble to execute the move. She knew the apprentice would have it quite harder on a real battle, but they could increase the difficulty of the training once he was used to the basics.

“Good, good!” Blizzardshine purred before looking at the sky, the sun was going to set soon and even if her apprentice now knew how to defend himself she didn’t want to take unnecessary risks “Tomorrow I can teach you how to hunt, if you want” She waited for Snakepaw to jump off her back to get up and start heading back to camp.

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
Typhoonflame

Typhoonflame

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training]   Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training] EmptySun 19 Mar 2017 - 5:34

OOC: Sure, go ahead and make a new thread^^

Snakepaw nodded. "That'd be great!" The she-cat jumped off her mentor's back and followed her back to camp, exhausted from the training, but excited she'd managed to do well on her first day.

Snakepaw of ThunderClan
                                                (20/80)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training]   Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training] Empty

Back to top Go down

Training Snakes during the Blizzard [Closed Training]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Territory-
Jump to: