Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

trapping prey a kit's way [O]

Go down 
+2
Karuna
Alex
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Characters : [C]reekpaw
Clan/Rank : [C] RC Apprentice
Pisces Monkey
Number of posts : 1200

trapping prey a kit's way [O] Empty
PostSubject: trapping prey a kit's way [O]   trapping prey a kit's way [O] EmptySun 3 Mar 2024 - 19:38

Creekkit, once again unsupervised, found herself in need of entertainment. She couldn't leave camp, that was plain against the rules. She couldn't just lay in the Nursery doing nothing either, then she'd stay bored. She simply must do something new. Something productive even! So on that eventless day, the molly padded a little ways from the Nursery and began...

Digging a hole.

By her reasoning, she could trap things that were edible! She hadn't tried bugs, but she was sure they could be eaten. While fish didn't just flop onto shore, and then into camp to fall into a hole, she knew she could coerce some critters to fall in. She'd be such a great boon to the clan, she'd get to become an apprentice immediately. Well... maybe not immediately. She needed to perfect her methodology, prove the facts. For that to work, she needed things to go into the hole.

Before she could do that, she needed to keep digging. It wasn't nearly deep enough.

trapping prey a kit's way [O] Downlo46

Creekpaw♀ | Apprentice | Riverclan | 20/60 | #666d96
Character Profiles (WIP)
* disabled stats | signature made by felidaze's cool cat creator!
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2230

PostSubject: Re: trapping prey a kit's way [O]   trapping prey a kit's way [O] EmptySun 3 Mar 2024 - 19:56

Elmkit
Kit | RiverClan | He/Him

"I would give up everything in the world for you."

Elmkit may or may not have been at the edge of camp by the water, playing in a mudpile. But come on, cats did not get how nice mud could feel in a cat's fur. And when it dried up and he could just shake the dust off, it felt so good.

And when he spotted another kit digging, he grinned from ear to ear. "Hiya! I'm Elmkit! Want some help with that?" He didn't wait for an answer as he also began digging, relishing in the feeling of the soil beneath his claws. It only came as an afterthought that he didn't know what this hole was for.

"Why are we digging this, by the way?"

discord: karunamaya | timezone: edt | code (c) kieer | images: 1 2

trapping prey a kit's way [O] SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Last edited by Karuna on Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 0:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: trapping prey a kit's way [O]   trapping prey a kit's way [O] EmptySun 3 Mar 2024 - 22:01

Featherkit purred as sunrays crossed her creamy pelt, warming the kit's body as she gave her belly fur a few last licks.  There, perfect!  Now all those annoying tangles were gone and her fur was smooth and feather-like once more, just like what her Mama named her after.  Relaxing her body, Featherkit let out a puff of breath and blinked, bringing the camp clearing into focus.  Not much was going on right now, most of the adult cats were out on patrols and the queens had left her and her denmates to their own devices.  Only two cats seemed busy and it was Creekkit and Elmkit, who seemed to be...digging?  Featherkit's brow lifted, confusion visible upon her round face.  Why were her denmates doing something so weird and random?  She must know.  Jumping up off the ground from where she lay, Featherkit trotted over to the two kittens and tilted her head, cheery voice ringing out with a simple question; "What are you guys doing?"

Last edited by RainyHeart on Mon 4 Mar 2024 - 20:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: trapping prey a kit's way [O]   trapping prey a kit's way [O] EmptyMon 4 Mar 2024 - 19:36

The hole wasn't deep enough yet! Curse her tiny paws and claws! Creekkit let out a small hiss of frustration as she removed her feet from the hole. As she began to shake off mud and dirt, her ears turned to the sound of another kit. He had rushed in, grinning, immediately beginning to dig. Creekkit's ruffled fur was becoming downright disheveled as her surprise caused her fur to jut out. With a sharp intake of breath, she prepared to speak to another kit. On her own. Without her parents around.

That breath was let out as another kit wandered over. Creekkit looked at Featherkit for a moment, then Elmkit, and finally back to her hole, which the tomkit was still diligently digging at. "Okay," the molly sighed as she forced her fur to lie flat again. "It's my hole."

That wasn't enough explanation. "It's to catch critters. I'm catching critters with it." Scooting back into position, Creekkit placed her paws back into the hole with Elmkit's. "They can't know about the hole though, or if they do, it has to be so deep they can't just crawl out. They have to be surprised." Back to digging, her claws scraping against the clay and sand that the dirt so heavily consisted of. "I can't hunt, but I wanna try something new! I bet the clan hasn't thought of this yet." Before fully committing to her work, the she-kit looked back at both of her new acquaintances. "I'm Creekkit."

Character Profiles (WIP)
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: trapping prey a kit's way [O]   trapping prey a kit's way [O] EmptyMon 4 Mar 2024 - 19:56

Elmkit
Kit | RiverClan | He/Him

Elmkit looked at the hole again, his face screwed up as he was deep in thought. So, Creekkit wanted to catch things? He could help with that!

Suddenly, Elmkit dove into the hole, flopping on his back and flailing around. "Oh no! You caught me, Creekkit! Your hole really works! You're going to be the best and most smartest hunter in the Clan!" He giggled as he crawled out, noting that his squirming also helped make the hole just a little bit bigger as he began to dig once more.

"Really, though, this is a great idea! I can't wait to see what we catch! Perchstar is going to be so impressed with your ind- inch- ingentry!"

He flashed a grin over to Featherkit. "You should join us! We can make this as big as the whole camp! We'll really catch a lot that way!"

Art by Copperbeanz

Last edited by Karuna on Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 0:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: trapping prey a kit's way [O]   trapping prey a kit's way [O] EmptyMon 4 Mar 2024 - 20:33

"Catch...critters?  Like prey?"  Featherkit inspected the quickly deepening hole that the two kits were so determined to dig, and wondered if it would really work.  Truthfully, she didn't think so.  The only prey she had ever seen in camp besides minnows in the water had already been killed by the warriors.  If Creekkit and Elmkit were so determined to make it work though, she would help them!  With a bright smile and a resolute wave of her tail, Featherkit purred; "Alright, I'll help!  I'm not digging though, I just got my pelt all clean, and I hate getting dirt under my claws.  Oh, maybe I can go scare the critters out of the bushes for you!  They'll run away from me, and come right to you!"

Back to top Go down
Alex
Former Staff
Former Staff
Alex

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: trapping prey a kit's way [O]   trapping prey a kit's way [O] EmptyWed 6 Mar 2024 - 13:44

Creekkit had expected to be met with confused stares, not excitement. This was great, her plan was coming together, and they'd show the clan just what kits could do! Then Elmkit fell in the hole. She opened her mouth to say something, but immediately snapped it shut as she was praised by Elmkit, his floundering kicking up dirt and debris. Ears flattening in embarrassment, she mumbled, "Yeah, hopefully."

Gold-green eyes flicking to Featherkit, Creekkit smiled as she stated her intention to help. "Yeah, chase them toward the hole! They'll never see it coming. Elmkit, we should go hide, then the critters won't see us and turn back. We can make the hole deeper if it doesn't work." The kit began backing away from the hole, crouching nearby in some too-tall foliage. "C'mon!" She hissed to Elmkit, smiling wider. This would work!

Character Profiles (WIP)
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 709

PostSubject: Re: trapping prey a kit's way [O]   trapping prey a kit's way [O] EmptyThu 7 Mar 2024 - 18:41

Ripplesong

Ripplesong had been soaking her fur in the sun while she had a chance, but the squeaky little voices of kits woke her from her dreams. She blinked open her eyes, squinting against the light. Her ears twitched, more voices joining the others. Ripplesong released a soft sigh. I bet Weepingwillow is sleeping again, she guessed. The kits are up to something. The young queen raised to her paws, arching her back in a long stretch, and listened in to the conversation behind the reeds.

After a moment, Ripplesong's whiskers began twitching with amusement. They want critters to chase, do they? She vanished silently, without a sound. The kits weren't causing trouble, that was something. Ripplesong left camp, climbing the hill and scanning the area for anything that might move, her eyes sharp.

Her blue eyes fixed on the form of a bug, climbing up to the tip of a grass stalk. She crouched low, wiggling her haunches. I'll catch them a live bug, and they can have fun with that, she decided as she sprang forward, paws outstretched!

Ripplesong is attempting to catch a bug for the kits... and failed!

The bug took flight just as her paws came down on either side of it, and it flew away into the sky. Her tail lashed with frustration, but she wouldn't give up yet. Just one more try, and if it doesn't work, I will think of something else.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC

Last edited by uwubers on Thu 7 Mar 2024 - 18:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15067

PostSubject: Re: trapping prey a kit's way [O]   trapping prey a kit's way [O] EmptyThu 7 Mar 2024 - 18:41

The member 'uwubers' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8

trapping prey a kit's way [O] Mistpe10
trapping prey a kit's way [O] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 2 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2220

PostSubject: Re: trapping prey a kit's way [O]   trapping prey a kit's way [O] EmptySat 9 Mar 2024 - 5:56

Clovermottle had been dozing somewhere secluded, and was returning to relieve Weepingwillow of her shift in the nursery, though she was almost certain the pregnant queen would be sleeping again. Not that it bothered her, the black she-cat needed all the rest she could get, and a couple of kits were no trouble for her and Ripplesong. As she neared the nursery, she could hear the excited chatter of several kits, clearly engrossed in one of their games. The conversation drifted in bits and pieces to the tortoiseshell, her ears perked in interest. Critter hunting! What a good game, already they are on the path to being fine young cats.. clovermottle had resolved to help the kits catch their critters, and it seemed Ripplesong was helping too. When the other queen missed, she breezed in.

"Here let me try, I haven't hunted in so long." she mewed. Yellow eyes settled on the beetle having landed again only a few tail lengths from the queens. On movements well practiced from her time as a warrior, Clovermottle stalked forward. She poised to strike, then sprang forwards, catching the bug beneath her paws. She let out a happy chirrup, almost surprised she caught it. Gently, the queen picked it up between her teeth, careful not to crush and approached the kittens. She softly nudged the kits, as she couldn't speak, to let her past then placed the "critter" in the hole. "Ripplesong and I have brought you a critter for your game! If you would like more you just have to ask." It was good to promote games like this, and she would happily catch a hundred bugs for them if they asked. A head start as a kit was what made great warriors, and Clovermottle dedicated herself to that.

Cloveromottle successfully caught a beetle !

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier three warrior | 50/120 | #99cc99
brackendawn | skyclan | tier two warrior | 20/80 | #cc9966
louse | rogue | tier two rogue | 50/120 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier one warrior | 30/80 | #996666
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

trapping prey a kit's way [O] Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart

Last edited by Midnee on Sat 9 Mar 2024 - 6:03; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: trapping prey a kit's way [O]   trapping prey a kit's way [O] EmptySat 9 Mar 2024 - 5:56

The member 'Midnee' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: trapping prey a kit's way [O]   trapping prey a kit's way [O] EmptySun 10 Mar 2024 - 19:36

Elmkit
Kit | RiverClan | He/Him

Elmkit grinned, eagerly nodding as he went with Creekkit to find a place to hide.

And critters did come. Although not exactly in the way they had planned, as it had been brought to them by one of the queens. The critters were supposed to go in the hole themselves, weren't they?

Still, Elmkit couldn't help a little bit of excitement. "Look, Creekkit! The hole works! It's staying in there! We're going to be the best hunters in the Clan!"

Art by Copperbeanz

Last edited by Karuna on Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 0:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 709

PostSubject: Re: trapping prey a kit's way [O]   trapping prey a kit's way [O] EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024 - 7:47

Ripplesong

Ripplesong was startled by her fellow queen's sudden appearance, but she welcomed the company of Clovermottle. The other queen had managed to catch a beetle. At least this trip wasn't entirely wasted, Ripplesong considered.

"The kits will be overjoyed," she purred as the two made their way back to camp. "I guess my skills have come rusty in the few moons since retiring as a queen." They padded side-by-side back into the camp to present their gift to the little group of kits.

As Clovermottle sat the beetle down in the hole, it stayed there, stunned for a few moments before it began scrambling out and over the ground, clearly confused. Ripplesong's pupils narrowed as she watched it. Though her instincts tugged at her paws, Ripplesong held herself back from pouncing on the easy prey, leaving it for the kits.

"Quick, kits," she meowed urgently, "You have to chase it back into your hole before it escapes!" She sat with Clovermottle on the sidelines, her tail tip twitching as she watched the kits play. A warm feeling filled the young mollie's chest, a comforting reminder of why she left behind the life of a warrior to dedicate it to these kits.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: trapping prey a kit's way [O]   trapping prey a kit's way [O] EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024 - 20:20

Featherkit nodded eagerly as Creekkit accepted her idea, and prepared to run off to the edge of camp once her two new friends had found good hiding places.  However, Clovermottle, one of the nursery queens, approached them with a beetle caught between her teeth and placed it in the hole for them.  Featherkit knew that she should be grateful for the help, but the fur around her neck bristled and she gave the queen a sidelong glare.  This was their hole, and their plan, it would've worked perfectly well on its own!  What, did Clovermottle think that they couldn't catch critters without her?  Hmm, I'll show her!  While Elmkit yowled about being the best hunter in the clan, Featherkit snuck away into the bushes, determined to find a critter of her own.  She quickly found another bug, this one round and kind of furry with wings.  She didn't think twice before she leaped and tried to catch it between her paws.  However, the bee was too quick for her, and took flight right before she managed to grab it.  It was probably for the better, unbeknownst to the kitten, but she pouted nonetheless and trotted back to the hole.  "Couldn't find anything...oh no, it's escaping!"  Using her paw, Featherkit pushed the poor beetle back into the hole, purring at her minor success.

Last edited by RainyHeart on Mon 11 Mar 2024 - 20:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: trapping prey a kit's way [O]   trapping prey a kit's way [O] EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024 - 20:20

The member 'RainyHeart' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: trapping prey a kit's way [O]   trapping prey a kit's way [O] Empty

Back to top Go down

trapping prey a kit's way [O]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next