Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

circle of life [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
verychuu

verychuu

Characters : bubblenose, thymelight, smallfawn, pantherpounce, cardinalkit
Clan/Rank : rc warrior, skc mc, skc permaqueen, wc warrior, sc kit
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 989

circle of life [c] Empty
PostSubject: circle of life [c]   circle of life [c] EmptySun 25 Feb 2024 - 23:02

All Hail SkyClan's Resident Disney Princess
thymelight
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing.
Thymelight felt... numb.

Her heart was filled with a darkness that she had never felt so consumed by before, but whenever she closed her eyes, visions of the battle flashed in her vision. Her ears seemed to ring with the snarls and hisses of war, and she could still feel the blood on her paws. It was growing increasingly harder to keep a smile on her maw at all times. She had been subjected to a nightmare that she'd never be able to wake up from, but the world continued to turn, and she still had duties to attend to. The circle of life meant that new life followed recent death, and it brought her the slightest bit of reassurance to know that new kits had joined the nursery. Her older Clanmates were aware of why she had such a somber aura around her, but kits were clueless. They were sheltered from the horrors of war, and Thymelight didn't intend to push that upon her patient today.

As she poked her head into the nursery, she gave Rabbitkit's mother a quick, forced smile before looking over at the little she-kit.
"Hi, Rabbitkit. May you please follow me to the medicine den? It'll be quick, I promise."
the dream that you wish will come true.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
chazend

chazend

Characters : | Rabbitkit ???? |
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 16

circle of life [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: circle of life [c]   circle of life [c] EmptySun 25 Feb 2024 - 23:19

The sound of the new cat's voice startled Rabbitkit, the kit's fur fluffing up temporarily as she turned on her paws to see a brown, and white dappled she-cat. Rabbitkit tilted her head, her tawny nose flaring briefly as she took in this cat's scent. She thinks she recognized it, mostly lingering on certain foul-tasting herbs her mother gave to her and the rest of her litter.

She looked towards her mother for approval, the older cat giving her a small, reassuring nod in return. Rabbitkit turned back towards Thymelight with a new stance, not quite hunching over but not quite standing tall, her bushy tail tip waving anxiously in the air as she pawed at the soft moss of the den floor.

"Hello...am I sick?" Rabbitkit blurts quickly at the end of her sentence, eyes widening with thoughts of hacking up nasty, yellow stuff like she'd seen one kit do after playing for too long in the snow.

"I hope I'm not sick. I feel fine. Right? Do I look sick?"

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

circle of life [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: circle of life [c]   circle of life [c] EmptySun 25 Feb 2024 - 23:34

thymelight
"It's alright, little one. You're fine." Thymelight purred softly as she led the way to the medicine den. Stray flowers laid in different corners of the den, serving as tools that she used to make her various flower crowns for her Clanmates. What once used to make her smile only served as a grim reminder of the gifts that she had given to SkyClan only a matter of days before war had befallen them. She shuddered slightly at the thought and blinked away the vision of the petals covered in dark red blood. How long would she be haunted by such visions?

"You're just here for a little check-up. You do want to be a healthy apprentice in a few moons, right?" The medicine cat asked sweetly as she headed toward her herb stash. As she rustled through her pile for a lamb's ear leaf, she found herself pausing to stare at the poppy seeds that seemed to glare up at her from where they laid on the ground. She was already tired of everything reminding her of the war, but she could vividly remember feeding the poppy seeds to her battered Clanmates as they came to her for healing... including Sunfire. She was taken aback by the anger that flooded her at the mere thought of the tom's name, but she swallowed it back when she remembered Rabbitkit's presence. "Eat this for me, please. It may taste a bit yucky but it'll make you big and strong. Nothing more exciting than apprenticehood, right?" She had to hide the bitterness in her voice as she spoke to the young she-kit.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
chazend

chazend

Taurus Monkey

circle of life [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: circle of life [c]   circle of life [c] EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024 - 0:04

The walk to the medicine den was short, and for a reclusive kit like Rabbitkit, the sight of other cats milling about was almost refreshing. Once inside the den, she couldn't help but be fascinated by the many flowers lining the sidelines of the den, the colors a bit more muted at this time of year but beautiful, nonetheless. She almost didn't hear Thymelight's questions, too busy poking her nose near a particular flower with pink petals, her tail swaying at the sweet scent of it. When Thymelight's voice registered, she perked up, ears flattening atop her head with embarrassment at having been distracted.

"Um, yes. I do. Want to be...healthy."
 She trailed, about as anxious as she was with most things about becoming an apprentice. It seemed difficult for a cat to go through such an important milestone, to attend a ceremony where every other cat in camp would be watching and waiting for their new role. It seemed exceptionally difficult for warrior apprentices, thought Rabbitkit, especially with what had recently happened between the clans. She wasn't told much about it, just gently shoved to the back of the den with the rest of her litter as the smell of what she'd quickly been able to identify as blood permeated the air.

Rabbitkit focused more on the angsty-looking medicine cat a bit more closely as the older cat turned to face her with more foul-smelling herbs, the sight of them making Rabbitkit's nose twitch in a distasteful manner. But she did as she was told, taking the leaf and chewing on it with a disgruntled expression.

"Do you need all these flowers?" Rabbitkit asked between chews, tongue sticking out briefly to lick a piece off her muzzle before swallowing with a shudder.

"I mean...if you do need them, that's fine. But I was wondering." The kit said with her eyes directed towards the few bunches of them, not able to offer much in terms of conversation. 

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

circle of life [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: circle of life [c]   circle of life [c] EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024 - 1:13

thymelight
Thymelight turned her head once Rabbitkit questioned her flowers. She felt her cheeks grow hot with slight embarrassment as she glanced around at the stray petals that lined the medicine den. She supposed it was about time for her to clean them up. After all, she wasn't entirely sure if she'd have the motivation to make any flower crowns for a while.
"I suppose I don't need them, but it is nice to have some color in here. You can take some back to your nest in the nursery if you'd like." She explained.

The she-cat wasn't sure how to feel whenever she looked at Rabbitkit. Seeing the kits in the nursery would often remind her of when she had been a kit. The world was so bright and beautiful. Everyone was happy, but she knew that she would never be able to return to that feeling of peace now. She prayed for everyone of SkyClan's kits and for their safety and happiness. None of them deserved to grow up in such a cruel environment... none of them knew what was ahead of them. She only realized too late that she had been staring off into space with a rather downtrodden expression. Thymelight's attention quickly snapped back toward the kit. "My apologies, I... I was just thinking about something. Let's check your teeth, yeah? Open your mouth for just a moment." She gently instructed the kit while inwardly cursing herself for allowing her emotions to get in the way of her job once again.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
chazend

chazend

Taurus Monkey

circle of life [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: circle of life [c]   circle of life [c] EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024 - 12:09

(accidentally DELETED IT)

Last edited by chazend on Thu 29 Feb 2024 - 13:47; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

circle of life [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: circle of life [c]   circle of life [c] EmptyThu 29 Feb 2024 - 12:34

thymelight
Thymelight tilted her head to the side as she attempted to translate Rabbitkit's speech. Not many cats were interested in learning how to make flower crowns, but she knew that the warriors and apprentices were all busy with their own tasks, and she didn't mind making such things for them without them having to worry about learning on their own. Rabbitkit seemed to be sweet and inquisitive, and it reminded Thymelight a bit of herself when she had been a kit. She could only hope that the hardships of warriorhood wouldn't harden the young kit beyond repair.

"Of course I can teach you, though you may find that you'll be swamped with a lot of apprentice responsibilities and not have the time. That's alright, though. Hunting and fighting are important things to learn too." She told Rabbitkit and signaled with her tail that it was alright for her to close her jaws. The medicine cat recognized that fighting was indeed an important skill. In a forest where predators roamed freely and murderous cats could cross borders, having the ability to defend oneself was a blessing. It only bothered her when bloodshed was taken too far, especially in avoidable situations.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
chazend

chazend

Taurus Monkey

circle of life [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: circle of life [c]   circle of life [c] EmptyThu 29 Feb 2024 - 13:48

Rabbitkit licked her jaws, nose furling as she looked down at the floor, bushy tail resting over her paws. The thought of…fighting other cats always made her stomach turn, a queasy feeling that burned at the back of her throat when the other kits in the nursery play-fought battles with one another. She never partook, choosing to stay on the sidelines or collect bits of pretty grass patches that grew near the mouth of the nursery.

“Do I have to?” She asked with slightly squinted eyes, hoping that she didn’t. What if she just wanted to make flower crowns, like Thymelight? Would the medicine cat say no to such a thing? She could still hunt and find herbs for other cats, but she didn’t want to fight anybody. Not unless she had to.

"Not that I don’t want to." She mewed quickly, hoping she wasn’t being rude.

“It’s just…can warriors make flower crowns? I think it’d make them happier, since they all look so sad. My mother won’t tell me much.”

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

circle of life [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: circle of life [c]   circle of life [c] EmptyFri 1 Mar 2024 - 22:40

thymelight
"Of course warriors can make flower crowns." Thymelight looked down at the young kit with a slightly sad smile as she spoke.
Her mother was right to not tell her a lot about why everyone around camp seemed to be so dejected lately. War was something that was difficult to explain to a kit, and they deserved to spend their moons in the nursery free of such treacherous knowledge or worry. She clearly remembered the night that she had poked her head out of the nursery to see the lightning scars that her Clanmates had seen at the Gathering and not being able to understand how or why such a thing had happened. Thymelight wouldn't wish that kind of confusion or fear on any of the kits in all five Clans.

"I think they'd really appreciate it if you made crowns for them. Sometimes warriors just need to be reminded of the little happy things in life like flowers. They have a lot of daily responsibilities and it can often be difficult for them to slow down and be in the moment." Thymelight explained softly. The happy smiles that her Clanmates had given her before the war when she had presented her gifts to them warmed her heart whenever she thought back to that day. It was a shame that such joy had been stepped on so quickly, but she was glad that it had given them all some sort of hope... even if it was for a brief moment.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

circle of life [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: circle of life [c]   circle of life [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

circle of life [c]
Page 1 of 1