Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

circle of flowers

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6057

circle of flowers Empty
PostSubject: circle of flowers   circle of flowers EmptyWed 5 Feb 2020 - 17:02

Zinnia had started her day by resting in the camp, waiting for her apprentice to wake and join her - mentor or not, she didn't feel it was her place to interrupt any cat's sleep unless it was necessary. She had a vague idea of what to do today, at least, which was better than the complete lack of thoughts she'd had on the topic the day before. Today there would be a bit of training, of course - she had no intention of ignoring her responsibility - but mostly she wanted to get to know her new apprentice and learn what would be best for them. She had grown under her mother's watchful eye rather than that of a mentor, but Dianella had had an insight into her kits' personalities and skills that Zinnia currently did not.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Twilight Guardian
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
KatzJump

KatzJump

Characters : Maplewhisker | Willowbreeze | Jaggedkit | Cloverfrost
Clan/Rank : WC T4 Warrior | RC T2 Warrior | SKC Kit | RC Elder
Capricorn Rooster
Number of posts : 381

circle of flowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: circle of flowers   circle of flowers EmptyThu 6 Feb 2020 - 13:41

Maplepaw, when she spotted Zinnia, darted over to her. "What are we going to do today?" Maplepaw said, excited to leave the camp and learn skills that would help her become a warrior.

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

circle of flowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: circle of flowers   circle of flowers EmptySat 8 Feb 2020 - 1:39

"I thought I'd show you my favorite place in the territory, if you don't mind that," Zinnia replied. "It seems like a good opportunity for us to get to know one another better. After all, how can I teach a cat I don't know?"

Back to top Go down
KatzJump

KatzJump

Capricorn Rooster

circle of flowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: circle of flowers   circle of flowers EmptyMon 10 Feb 2020 - 13:51

"Sounds like fun!!" Maplepaw said excitedly, "Do I get to learn anything today?"

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

circle of flowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: circle of flowers   circle of flowers EmptyWed 12 Feb 2020 - 18:42

"I suppose that depends on what you wish to learn," the young warrior admitted, setting on her way. "I can hunt and I know how to fight, but I'm not the most knowledgeable cat when it comes to WindClan... I wasn't born or raised on this moor, you see," she continued, leading Maplepaw out into the territory and off toward a field of flowers. The flowers were sparser now than they tended to be in seasons that weren't leaf-bare - only a few remained awake while the rest of the plants lay fast asleep under the frost - but it was still beautiful; and it still reminded her of home. The first place to have that title, at least. "I was a traveler, before I came here - a drifter, that's what they call it where I come from. So I'm happy to teach you all that I know, but I'm sure I don't know everything; and if you ever wish to learn more about me and where I come from, you need only to ask. And I hope in time you can teach me, too."
Back to top Go down
KatzJump

KatzJump

Capricorn Rooster

circle of flowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: circle of flowers   circle of flowers EmptyWed 12 Feb 2020 - 21:27

"Woah!"  Maplepaw said, "Where do you come from?

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

circle of flowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: circle of flowers   circle of flowers EmptyFri 14 Feb 2020 - 3:19

"A place much like this field of flowers," she began. "Where streams run through the flower beds, with the smallest forests you've ever seen strewn about. Flowers of all colors and shapes bloom for most of the year, though most of them are sleeping now - like most of the ones right here, all around us. Sleeping beneath the frost. That place... We call it the Garden. It is - it was - my home, just as much as the moor. It's hard to forget where you came from, sometimes; even if you wanted to leave. Some things are different here, but others remain the same. Daisies are daisies wherever you go, I suppose, though the seasons change and they have different names."

A soft smile crossed her face. "I'm aware some cats wonder why I haven't taken a name like the rest of you have. I was named for a flower that grows in the Garden, like all of us were; but my flower was always my mother's favorite. My father's too, I think, if only because he loved her so much that he couldn't help loving something she was so fond of. I've kept it as it is because it's nice to know you have a piece of your family with you, wherever you go. I hope they and my sisters are doing well.... Cherish your family, Maplepaw; keep them in your heart. But now that you know more about me, what sort of warrior things would you want to learn first, do you think?"

Back to top Go down
KatzJump

KatzJump

Capricorn Rooster

circle of flowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: circle of flowers   circle of flowers EmptyFri 14 Feb 2020 - 18:25

"I want to learn more about the warrior code, so I make sure not to break it," Maplepaw replied, "I've heard stories of apprentices sneaking out of camp and they get in trouble.  I don't want to get in trouble..."

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

circle of flowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: circle of flowers   circle of flowers EmptyFri 14 Feb 2020 - 19:12

"Ah, the warrior code," Zinnia mused. She'd seen warrior ceremonies now, though she'd never undergone one. She had not sworn to defend this place at the cost of her life, nor had she sworn to follow StarClan's guidance. Instead she had pledged herself to Finchstar's leadership, offering her aid when the Clan was in danger, and everything else had come by an extension of that loyalty when she chose to stay. "I suppose I'm still learning that myself. I think you'll be quite alright, however, if you ask when you're not sure of something. The most important parts of it, I believe, are that we are to follow the guidance of our leader; we are to help kits in need, and that kits and elders eat before the rest of us do. We defend WindClan when it is in danger, and while that does include this moor... WindClan is simply a name. A name for all of us, and all the things that tie us together."

Back to top Go down
KatzJump

KatzJump

Capricorn Rooster

circle of flowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: circle of flowers   circle of flowers EmptyTue 18 Feb 2020 - 13:53

"Ok!" Maplepaw said. She liked listening to her mentor. "May you show me around the territory?"

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

circle of flowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: circle of flowers   circle of flowers EmptyFri 21 Feb 2020 - 15:50

"Indeed," Zinnia nodded. "I know little of the history of this place... But I can certainly inform you of a few things, as we go. The other Clans and what to expect of them, mostly. Follow me, Maplepaw."

Back to top Go down
KatzJump

KatzJump

Capricorn Rooster

circle of flowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: circle of flowers   circle of flowers EmptyFri 21 Feb 2020 - 18:02

As they walked across the moor, Maplepaw was excited.  "Wow! I didn't know that our territory was this big!" She exclaimed.  She smelled the air,  "I smell rabbit!"  She got into an unbalanced hunter's crouch, her tail straight in the air.

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

circle of flowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: circle of flowers   circle of flowers EmptySun 23 Feb 2020 - 15:47

Zinnia laughed as Maplepaw fell into an approximation of a hunter's crouch, momentarily forgetting that she'd meant to give a description of the Clans and their leaders. "Oh, I see it. But keep your voice down, and crouch more like this," she instructed, demonstrating. "Lower your tail, so you're not as noticeable; and stay silent while you approach. Go ahead, try to catch it."

Back to top Go down
KatzJump

KatzJump

Capricorn Rooster

circle of flowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: circle of flowers   circle of flowers EmptyMon 24 Feb 2020 - 15:29

Maplepaw slowly crept up.  When she was close enough, Maplepaw jumped.  She had slightly under jumped.  She hit the ground a tail-length away.  The rabbit shot off, Maplepaw trailing it.  She realized that she was gaining on it.  When she was close enough, she leaped.  She landed on the rabbit and delivered a sloppy killing blow.  She walked back to her mentor, carrying her prey with her tail and head up.

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

circle of flowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: circle of flowers   circle of flowers EmptyTue 25 Feb 2020 - 0:40

Zinnia watched Maplepaw's first attempt at hunting with thinly veiled amusement. "That was very impressive. My first attempt at catching something ended in complete failure," she added, which was true - the mouse had scurried off as soon as it saw her amateur approach, once upon a time. Still, something was absent - it took a moment for her to realize. "Oh, Maplepaw - remember, you must thank this rabbit for its life. It lived as we do, after all - a spirit is no less valued when it belongs to a rabbit than a warrior - and the sacrifice of its life will allow us to live on."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

circle of flowers Empty
PostSubject: Re: circle of flowers   circle of flowers Empty

Back to top Go down

circle of flowers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Territory :: The Flower Field-
Jump to: