Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Lonely Rivers Flow to the Sea [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 709

Lonely Rivers Flow to the Sea [c] Empty
PostSubject: Lonely Rivers Flow to the Sea [c]   Lonely Rivers Flow to the Sea [c] EmptyWed Feb 14, 2024 8:59 pm

song

Galestorm

At dusk Galestorm sat alone on a rise, silhouetted against the orange and pink hues of the sky as the sun began to sink towards the horizon. His gaze was upturned to where Silverpelt would be greeting him shortly, searching for something. A light breeze ruffled through his fur thick fur. He blinked slowly, lost in thought.

So much had happened since their arrival to the moor, it all seemed to rush by in a heartbeat. Galestorm had been made a warrior and received his first apprentice only a couple short moons later, and training Pipitpaw was one of the most rewarding experiences the young tom had ever had. His relationship with his sister had improved since they left the lake, now that the rogue was out of the picture. The harsh memories of their strained relationship seemed to fade away, along with the recurring nightmares, omens, and visions of warning. Galestorm inhaled deeply, taking in the scent of his homeland. All is how it should be.

And yet...

There was a strange hollowness deep within Galestorm that he couldn't quite explain, a yearning and a desire for something more. What more could I possibly want? he wondered. I have become the strong WindClan warrior my father would have wanted me to be, Cloudypetal is on the right path, WindClan is thriving, and I'm a mentor now. So what is missing? Galestorm exhaled deeply through his nose, his breath billowing up in a cloud over his head, merging with the sky.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC

Last edited by uwubers on Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

PostSubject: Re: Lonely Rivers Flow to the Sea [c]   Lonely Rivers Flow to the Sea [c] EmptySat Feb 24, 2024 12:37 pm

Something had changed in her since that day at the Outcropping.

It was nearly impossible to place her paw on it, and it wasn't the fact that a large scar now permanently marred her shoulder. It had disrupted the vibrant pattern of oranges, silvers, and white, sticking out as a reminder and warning to anybody who dared venture into the territory alone. A permanent burn from the blaze that she had been so keen to wield, the harrowing reminder that not every cat was keen on peace. Her mind often ruminated on that day as she had found it hard to leave her nest, thinking over and over and over about what could have gone differently. How she would not have had to endure the pain that she did, or the fact that she nearly had to reteach her leg to be able to bear weight and allow her to run in the exact same fashion as she had done so prior to the incident.

Two things had become abundantly clear in that time, however. The first of which was the fact that she had not done wrong. Sure, arrogance had come in quite the healthy dosage from the apprentice at that time in her life, and that hadn't fully died away. But there was no arguing the fact when presented with the evidence as to who her opponent had been that it was an uneven match. Had the onyx tom been so desperate to reclaim the territory for his own Clan, he could have very simply waited until she departed. It wasn't as if she had the skills to have detected him, or would have even thought twice about it if she would have refreshed the markets then left. He could have very easily been there right after.

She was just an apprentice.

She was just an apprentice.

That was what played in her mind over and over, and even though she now had her full warrior name, it didn't make her feel as if she deserved it. In the evening hours, the intrusive thoughts had played their screeching tunes, pecking at her with the beaks of vultures that it had simply been out of pity. It was what had drove her paws to finally leave the confines of camp for what felt like the first time since she had earned her name.

A familiar figure was not far ahead of her as she moved through Windclan's territory, her step still somewhat uneven. It was still a long road of healing ahead for the molly, and part of her wondered if she'd ever be able to run at the full speed that her body was otherwise capable of. That didn't matter as she saw the tuft of breath billowing into the sky; a physical manifestation of the ruminations that troubled the mind. Coming to the side of the tom, Crakeburn sat at his side. There was still enough space between them to be respectful, but she would easily be spotted out of the corner of his vision. If he hadn't, the loud swish of her tail among the grass would indicate her presence. "May I keep you company?"

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Lonely Rivers Flow to the Sea [c]   Lonely Rivers Flow to the Sea [c] EmptyMon Feb 26, 2024 8:12 pm

Galestorm

Galestorm's ear twitched at the sound of rustling grass, and cast a glance backwards. To his surprise, he was being greeted by Crakeburn of all cats. The young tom didn't get many chances to speak to her since she became a warrior, now that he had his own apprentice to train. Galestorm just had to watch her from afar.

"Hello, Crakeburn," he mewed respectfully with a dip of his head. The she-cat looked troubled, he noted. His amber eyes flicked to and from her features and he shuffled his paws as he answered. "Of course, it would be my pleasure." Galestorm fixed his gaze across the moor, and the silence between them hung in the air like ice.

"What brings you here this evening?" he asked. "Did the sunset lure you in as well?" He glanced once more to the sky, noticing the distant shimmering of the first warriors of Silverpelt coming out to greet them as the sun began to sink below the mountains.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Lonely Rivers Flow to the Sea [c]   Lonely Rivers Flow to the Sea [c] EmptySun Mar 03, 2024 2:20 pm

All that she had needed was that singular breath of permission, and the young warrior found herself taking a seat aside the tom. It had been an entirely subconscious decision, but she sat with her scarred shoulder facing Galestorm. Something deep down had made the decision for her: it would be much safer to place her weakness towards that of a trusted Clanmate than towards the elements to potentially paint a target for any predator or even enemy that had made their way into Windclan's borders. Even as she was ever-aware of how she sat and looked, it was calming to know that she would at least be protected in having her shoulder face Galestorm.

One green, one gold eye kept itself focused on the distant horizon, studying as the myriad of colors blended into one another. The promise of deep blue faded to a lovely lilac, which melded into a deep orange, finally settling on a vibrant yellow. Clouds speckled the sky, disrupting the consistent gradient with its presence, much as the patches of tabby and white disrupted one another on her own pelt. Her gaze seemed to snap to certain patches of sky in which silverpelt's stars began to shimmer, the beginnings of nighttime gently making its way onto the moors.

Galestorm's question pulled her from the lull of her observances, and the warrior was quick to nod her head. "Partially." She admitted with the singular word, removing her observing eyes from the sky and once more to the snow-blanketed earth. It had mostly melted, but small patches still remained. "It's good to exercise after such a large injury." The words may as well have come right from Daisyfang's maw instead of her own. "I wanted to literally walk through some of my thoughts... and just simply keep working at regaining the strength in my shoulder. I spotted you, and, well... The company of a clanmate isn't ever a bad thing, I hope."

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Lonely Rivers Flow to the Sea [c]   Lonely Rivers Flow to the Sea [c] EmptyTue Mar 05, 2024 9:58 am

Galestorm

Galestorm's eyes slid from the pretty warrior's mismatched gaze to her shoulder as he listened to her speak. Such a large injury... Galestorm knew that Crakeburn didn't like to speak of what happened, and he didn't want to press her. I hope one day she feels comfortable enough to talk about it. Instead of prying, he just listened intently as her lovely voice filled the air with color, bringing to life the whitewashed landscape before them.

The company of a clanmate isn't ever a bad thing, I hope.

"It could never be a bad thing if it's you," the tom mewed in a hushed tone, the words slipping out between his lips without any forethought. Galestorm's eyes rounded and his jaw gaped as if he hadn't expected the words to be spoken out loud. He quickly looked in the other direction, his pelt burning. Oh no, what did I just say? Ummm... play it off, Galestorm, be cool, he urged himself. Quickly, quickly now...

"Umm - you said you wanted to regain your strength. Would you be up for some light hunting?" He couldn't force his eyes to meet the she-cat's, just in case she noticed the embarrassment in his expression. "Nothing too crazy. It... it could help get your mind off things, too, perhaps?"

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Lonely Rivers Flow to the Sea [c]   Lonely Rivers Flow to the Sea [c] EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 3:28 pm

A mismatched pair of eyes widened at the words that she thought had reached her folded ears, which had twitched in immediate response. From the way that he seemed to spin away as soon as she swiveled his direction, it all but confirmed what she had heard. A prickle of warmth reached her own cheeks, but as the tom would change the topic, Crakeburn would follow suit. Tried as she did to entirely shake away the feeling that had resulted from his small comment, it didn't entirely ebb away.

She could, however, always get behind hunting. "I don't see why not, but only if you want to." A quick glance at her paws covered up the way her whiskers nervously twitched. "It's a really pretty evening, after all. I would hate to ruin it by the fact that it's hard for me to catch anything... and, well... still working on the fact I grumble when I miss." Another small giggle to diffuse the nerves that she felt. At least she enjoyed talking to Galestorm... he was easy company. "But... I'll take your lead. It's always good to hunt and bring something back to camp."

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Lonely Rivers Flow to the Sea [c]   Lonely Rivers Flow to the Sea [c] EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 12:07 pm

Galestorm

The awkward tom's ears perked up when Crakeburn agreed to his idea. His head snapped up and his eyes widened with surprise and excitement, though his pelt still itched with embarassment from earlier.

"It could be fun," he offered, "Nothing too serious," he assured her. His usually calm, confident demeanor seemed to crumble beneath the weight of this pretty she-cat's presence. But why? Galestorm did his best to conjure up his strength. His whiskers twitched at her comments. "You won't miss," he meowed. "Come with me. I'll show you!" The broad-shouldered tom got to his paws, excitement buzzing through him from nose to tail-tip. Why? he wondered again. Why does being near Crakeburn make me feel like this? He shoved the thought down as he slowly led the way down the slope, the setting sun dying their silhouettes crimson in the fading twilight.

"Goldengale, my mentor, taught me how to catch rabbits in a really unique way," he explained to her as they crested a rise. "She was one of the most awesome, bravest warriors I've ever known. She showed me how one warrior can scare the rabbits out of their warrens through one hole, while another waits at the other side for the rabbit to appear. It makes catching them super easy - you'll see!" He parted his jaws, bringing in the scents of the moor over his tongue. That way.

The duo stopped just before reaching the top of the next hill. Galestorm dropped into a crouch, signaling with his tail.
"There's another hole that connects to this one up there," he explained. "I'm gonna go up there and cause a racket, and the rabbit will come out this end right into your claws." The top gave her an encouraging smile and stalked up the side of the hill.

As he approached the warren, the scent of rabbit emanating from within was so strong it made his mouth water. He stuck his face as deep into the hole as he could manage and let out a loud and feriocious YOWL!!! With all the force in his shoulders and forelegs he began to claw at the tunnel, widening it, digging deeper into it as his chaotic caterwauling echoed all the way through to the other side where Crakeburn waited. Movement exploded within the tunnel. There was definitely an entire family of rabbits within, scrambling out the other end straight towards Crakeburn.

Galestorm has startled 3 rabbits in the direction of Crakeburn!

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lonely Rivers Flow to the Sea [c]   Lonely Rivers Flow to the Sea [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Lonely Rivers Flow to the Sea [c]
Page 1 of 1