Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I Am Trout!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3038

I Am Trout! Empty
PostSubject: I Am Trout!   I Am Trout! EmptyFri 9 Feb 2024 - 21:11

Troutpaw hunkered down behind a pile of rocks in a stream. He crouched low, the water whirling around his body as he waited for fish to take shelter in this same spot that he occupied. A small topline of foam was right by these rocks as well, which meant food for fish would float right through there. This was perfect, if only the fish were either careless or unwise enough to unknowingly mistake the cat body for another rock. If he was still, perhaps he could convince them he was dead. Little minnows gathered at first, some even so foolish enough to nibble at his long fur waving in the water. He made no move. A minnow would not satisfy him. The apprentice waited patiently, his legs cramping from his stillness and his paws almost numb from the icy water. When finally a larger fish... a trout no less... swam into view to ambush the minnows... Troutpaw struck.

Troutpaw attempted to catch a trout! He was [UNSUCCESSFUL] -5SP

Apparently he'd struck too soon. The trout deftly dodged the apprentice's claws and swam off, with an explosion of minnows being scattered in all directions. Troutpaw hissed. He needed a break. He stepped out of the creek and shook himself off one foot at a time. "That could have gone better..." He growled to himself as he plopped down by the creek in a huff.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***

Last edited by Tara on Fri 9 Feb 2024 - 21:14; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Because hunting :p Also no bolded speech which peeves me. So I fix. Now I wait. Because stinky timer.)
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15096

I Am Trout! Empty
PostSubject: I Am Trout!   I Am Trout! EmptyFri 9 Feb 2024 - 21:11

The member 'Tara' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8

I Am Trout! Mistpe10
I Am Trout! Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5698

I Am Trout! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Am Trout!   I Am Trout! EmptySat 10 Feb 2024 - 16:14

The sight of the river before her was a beautiful one, no matter how cold and terrible leafbare was. Swandive sat on the river's edge, one paw slightly raised as she stared down at the water intently. She had managed to learn some patience for fishing, as much as she was frustrated by it, but today it seemed as though her earlier frustrations had fallen away. Perhaps she was just that happy to be home and to have a new name.

One of the newer apprentices, Troutpaw, stood in the water - downstream of her, as she'd intended. The apprentice struck at the water with a paw, though Swandive couldn't tell from this distance what he was attempting to catch. Regardless, her own focused needed to be on her own prey... And when a flash of silver caught her attention, her own paw reached for it. Claws met scale and she pulled back, the fish landing on the riverbank beside her. A well-placed blow quickly cut off the creature's suffering, and Swandive's eyes returned to Troutpaw, finding the tom unsuccessful in his own catch.

"Try again, you'll get the hang of it... Though maybe standing directly in the water isn't the best approach."

Swandive has attempted to catch a fish for -5 sp. Catch was successful.
75 / 80 sp

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind

Last edited by kjSage on Sat 10 Feb 2024 - 16:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

I Am Trout! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Am Trout!   I Am Trout! EmptySat 10 Feb 2024 - 16:14

The member 'kjSage' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

I Am Trout! Mistpe10
I Am Trout! Sig2
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

I Am Trout! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Am Trout!   I Am Trout! EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024 - 0:31

Troutpaw heard a little splash upriver and caught sight of Swandive. With a flash of jealousy, he watched her pull her fish out of the water. His face suggested emotions of unamusement and annoyance, but when she spoke to him, his expression went to mildly cheerful. His tone on the other hand...

"Oh absolutely Swandive! If only everyone was as good as you, well done!" Did it sound genuine? Mostly. There was a bit of an edge to it, but it was ever so slight and could be mistaken as something a listening cat made up in their own heads for some reason. Troutpaw did get out of the river however before he tried once more.

A smaller fish did eventually come into view. Another trout, but a fingerling instead of an adult. His claws rushed out again, a renewed determination on his face coupled with frustration from his last miss.

Troutpaw attempted to catch a fingerling trout! He was [SUCCESSFUL!] -5SP

Troutpaw's claws struck home, right in the gills of his prey. He pulled it out of the water with surprise and immediately threw it onto the bank. The fingerling wiggled and jumped, doing it's best to get back tot he water. Troutpaw rushed forward in a panic and bit the fingerling's head clean off in his haste. Still.... it stopped the fish from getting back in the water. Suddenly feeling better about himself, Troutpaw turned to Swandive with a puffed out chest and a thrill of accomplishment.

"Did you see that one? Not all fish are so lucky to escape me! I'm not called Troutpaw for no reason!" Nevermind that it was because he was an apprentice. Shut up. Be quiet. With that loud statement, Troutpaw set his pathetic kill down beside him and stroked it a few times with his paw as if it were an expensive rug. He then turned back to the river and stared confidently at it like he'd never missed a fish in his entire life.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Last edited by Tara on Wed 14 Feb 2024 - 0:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

I Am Trout! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Am Trout!   I Am Trout! EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024 - 0:31

The member 'Tara' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1

I Am Trout! Mistpe10
I Am Trout! Sig2
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger

I Am Trout! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Am Trout!   I Am Trout! EmptyThu 22 Feb 2024 - 16:13

"I am good. The best, even." Swandive called back to the apprentice, "Good of you to recognize it!" She was teasing... Mostly. Her insecurities over a long apprenticeship and not actually of Riverclan blood were buried deep beneath her attempts to hunt and love of fish. Her words were simply that of a boastful warrior.

The apprentice, for all his snark at least got out of the cold water, and Swandive watched as this time his attempt to catch a fish was successful. "There you go, that's better." She mewed, "See what happens when you take the advice of the warriors?" There was a smirk on the warrior's face as she said it, then her expression turned toward the water once more, eyes narrowing in concentration.

Another flicker of bright scales, and her paw darted toward it. Once more, it was easy for the pale-furred she-cat to scoop the fish out of the water, dropping it next to the one she had caught earlier. Just like any other Riverclanner.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

I Am Trout! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Am Trout!   I Am Trout! EmptySat 24 Feb 2024 - 1:05

Troutpaw couldn't even hide his scowl at Swandive claiming to be the best. How dare she? "I have no doubts, your immaculateness! I'm sure not even the legendary Perchstar could come close to your fishing prowess!" At this point he was daring her to agree. His eyes were narrowed and his tail twitched violently. He wanted to spit. It was on the tip of his tongue to do so, but he refrained. He didn't need to be openly disrespectful and cause any more grief for Perchstar. He shook his head and went back to swatting at the water. Definitely by this point, he was too steamed to focus on catching any fish.

He was so focused on smacking the water, pretending it was Swandive, that he did not notice the weasel snaking it's way up behind him. "Perhaps she should find a high point in the territory and do as her name suggests." His grumbled quietly to himself, giving the water yet another frustrated slap.

The next thing he knew was there was an intense pain in his tail. "YAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!" Troutpaw bellowed, trying to dart this way and that way in a full blown panic while the weasel held a firm grip on his tail. "SWANDIVE! SWANSWANSWANSWAN HELP!!!!"

Weasel used Gripping Bite on Troutpaw, dealing 7 damage and -15SP

Weasel
20HP / 120SP (-15SP)

Troutpaw
13HP / 60SP (-7HP)

Troutpaw used Front Paw Strike and Desperate Blows, dealing 10 damage and -14SP

Troutpaw
13HP / 46SP (-14SP)

Weasel
10HP / 120SP (-10HP)

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

I Am Trout! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Am Trout!   I Am Trout! EmptySat 24 Feb 2024 - 9:22

Swandive couldn't help a laugh at the apprentice's words. Oh, how she wished she could claim to be that good. One day, she would be. Troutpaw was too far from the warrior for her to catch whatever he muttered under his breath, and Swandive was content to turn back toward her fishing.

Until his screech split the quiet air. "Thorns forbid I hunt in peace for once. At least that hasn't changed." She muttered, glaring at the weasel that had decided the apprentice's paw was a good target, and bounded forward. Her own teeth snapping viciously at a shoulder.

Swandive used Snap for -7 sp, dealing -7 damage.

Swandive

30 / 30 hp
68 / 80 sp (75 - 7)

Troutpaw
13HP / 46SP (-14SP)

Weasel
3HP / 120SP (10 - 7)

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

I Am Trout! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Am Trout!   I Am Trout! EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024 - 0:38

Whatever Swandive was saying, Troutpaw couldn't hear above his pain or his panic. Another determined chomp from the weasel was enough to cause him to whirl a claw with all of his might. Thankfully, his claws struck home and sliced the weasel's throat. He kicked the dead creature away, his tail throbbing.

"What in Starclan was that?!" He asked Swandive, almost ready to leap away from it again in case it decided to come back to life for more.

Weasel used Gripping Bite, dealing 7 damage and -15SP

Troutpaw used Front Paw Strike, dealing 7 damage and -7SP

Weasel
0HP / 105SP (-7HP) (-15SP)

Troutpaw
6HP / 39SP (-7HP) (-7SP)
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

I Am Trout! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Am Trout!   I Am Trout! EmptyWed 28 Feb 2024 - 18:47

The weasel decided to take another bite out of Troutpaw, but that was the last thing it would ever do as the apprentice managed a lucky blow with his claws.

"That's a weasel. Nasty creatures. At least goose feathers have a use." Swandive answered, nose wrinkling in disgust. "You'll want to get those bites looked at back at camp too."

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

I Am Trout! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Am Trout!   I Am Trout! EmptyThu 29 Feb 2024 - 23:46

A weasel... Troutpaw would remember that, always. He slowly moved toward his pathetic fish and scooped it up in his jaws. At Swandive's urging to go get his injuries looked at, he nodded. His eyes were round, still in shock over what had just occurred. "Yeah, probably not a horrible idea..." His voice was shaky, his unnecessary snark toward Swandive entirely gone. "C-come with me?" He practically whimpered. He was slinking, belly almost brushing the ground. The last thing he wanted was to have to fight anything else... and he was supposed to be a warrior? The thought of it nearly made him faint. How was he supposed to tell Perchstar of his worthlessness? She couldn't possibly want such a coward around. What if he was exiled and had to go join... another clan? He was going to be sick. His heart was beating wildly in his chest at the thought of leaving Riverclan, of fighting, of Perchstar glaring down at him in disgust...

Maybe I should just immediately agree to be a den dad. Yes! Then I never have to fight! And then of course came the thought of taking care of kittens. He'd rather ram his eye into a sharp stick. Oh Stars... what do I do... what do I do????

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I Am Trout! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Am Trout!   I Am Trout! Empty

Back to top Go down