Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Why Don't I Know You? [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [S]piderkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [S] SC Kit
Number of posts : 691

Why Don't I Know You? [C] Empty
PostSubject: Why Don't I Know You? [C]   Why Don't I Know You? [C] EmptyFri 9 Feb 2024 - 0:27

Nectarflower

Hunting had quickly become Nectarflower's preferred way to spend her free time. It was far more peaceful than the stress than came with border patrols, and she was certain that she would lose her mind if she had to stay cooped up in the camp after having longed to return to WincClan's moor for so long. If anything, the journey to the lakes had only served to deepen her bond to the shimmering hills and valleys of home. Everything was covered in a fine, powdery layer of snow that lent an almost ethereal glow to the landscape.

Turning awkwardly to face her companions for the day, Nectarflower offered the tabby tom a slightly shaky smile. "So, did you have anywhere in mind today? I-I'm sure there will be plenty of rabbits near the burrows up ahead." She suggested nervously. Hunting one on one with her leader was more than a little nerve-wracking, but she would manage just the same. He was just another clanmate like any of the other cats in WindClan...just...infinitely more intimidating.

Shaking her fur out in an attempt to dismiss her concerns, she tossed her head to the right, eyes narrowed at a nearby valley. "Though, there's bound to be something in that swath of heather over there." She added, gesturing to the cluster of heather with her tail. Then, with a sheepish smile, added, "How are you doing by the way?" She blinked at the tom, a glimmer of worry in her eyes. "It's been rough these past few moons..." 

Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9982

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Know You? [C]   Why Don't I Know You? [C] EmptyThu 15 Feb 2024 - 9:45

Tigerstar had followed after Nectarflower, the snow slightly crunching under their paws. The tom was letting her lead their small patrol through the territory. At least he counted it as a patrol even if it was just the two of them. While he might have been the leader, it was nice to take a step back some times and let others take the lead. Especially on patrols.

"I'm fine with whatever hunting location you think is best." He responded to her suggestions, both spots sounded perfectly good, but it would come down to what she wanted. Then came.. well the weighted question. The tom couldn't help but let out a small sigh. Rough seemed like an understatement. "I am alright as I can be. There has been a lot of pressure, especially with all of the changes. But now that we are back home I'm sure it will lighten some." It was the best answer he could give right now.

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [S]piderkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [S] SC Kit

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Know You? [C]   Why Don't I Know You? [C] EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024 - 4:05

Nectarflower

Nectarflower glanced at Tigerstar, then nodded slowly. She had certainly been a warrior for a while, but it felt strange regardless to hear him defer to her for a decision. Even one as simple as choosing a place to hunt. She looked away for a moment, considering her options, and wondered if Tigerstar would respond to her second question at all. She wouldn't blame him if he didn't, though, it wasn't as if they were particularly close anyway. 

She blinked against the harsh mid-day light, preparing to speak again when Tigerstar responded. With a small, almost sad smile, she turned back to him. "It's been hard, believe me...I know." She meowed after a moment, a pang of grief shooting through her at the thought of Finchspeckle. The she-cat was quiet after that, her tail flicking. Then, with a sigh, she shook her pelt out. "You've been doing wonderfully though." She said eventually, ignoring the tightness in her chest. "WindClan had flourished under your leadership."

It wasn't just empty words, though, it was the truth. Nectarflower couldn't remember the last time she's seen her clan thriving as they had been since returning home. Though it seemed harsh to admit it, she didn't think Shrikestar or Smallstar could have led WindClan through such hard times nearly as well. It was a miracle they hadn't lost more cats. Rather, their numbers had seemed to grow. "I know I couldn't do it - handle the things you do I mean." She added with a laugh.

Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Know You? [C]   Why Don't I Know You? [C] EmptyMon 4 Mar 2024 - 7:16

It was strange, hearing praise from someone that he wasn't too close to. He cared for everyone in his clan deeply but it was validating to hear it from someone outside of Sootstorm. He really tried his best for Windclan, fearing that he would end up like Shrikestar or Smallstar every step of the way. "Thank you.. for saying that." Tigerstar spoke these words kind of softly, showing the impact that her words had.

"And this job isn't for everyone.. It's tough, but rewarding at the same time. Deputyship prepares you but doesn't at the same time." He felt like it was the truest statement he ever spoke about leadership. He was deputy for a bit but it felt like it prepared him and didn't prepare him at the same time.

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Know You? [C]   Why Don't I Know You? [C] EmptyFri 8 Mar 2024 - 5:35

Nectarflower

Nectarflower inclined her head, a gentle smile on her face. It may have seemed sudden to the striped tom, but she meant every word of what she said. It had to be stressful caring for an entire clan, stars, she sometimes felt like the burden of being a warrior was too much. If she could spend all of her days tending to her kits in the nursery, she would. It was so peaceful, back then, when all of her children were still alive, and they had little to worry about. The thought almost made her laugh. What a selfish thing to wish for herself. Especially now.

After a moment, Tigerstar spoke again, knocking her out of her thoughts. With a hum, she flicked her tail, finding that what he said made sense. Especially for a cat like him who, unfortunately, hadn't been given much time to prepare at all. "I think I understand." She meowed softly. Then, with a jolt, hurried to add, "N-Not in the same way of course! But...I don't think anything in the world could have prepared me for being a mother..."

Clearing her throat, Nectarflower flashed a more genuine smile towards the leader. "Y'know...out of all of the leaders I've seen come and go, you're by far the easiest to talk to." She admitted. Though, it wasn't as if she'd had much reason to talk to Shrikestar or Smallstar. She'd been an apprentice and then, a young warrior when they led WindClan. They'd certainly had far more important things to do than get to know one she-cat.

Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Know You? [C]   Why Don't I Know You? [C] EmptyTue 19 Mar 2024 - 0:35

"I don't think anyone could ever understand in the same way, at least in Windclan. As long as someone can relate or understand in another manner then that is all that matters." The leader stated. It was strange, the slight relief it brought that someone could relate in a manner to the struggles he had experienced.

"Thank you for telling me that." He was glad that his clan could speak with him. That they could open up to him in some manner. "I think that is something the last two missed out on, being real with the whole clan." He just hoped he was doing better than them at other aspects too. Windclan has suffered far too long under poor leadership, he just hoped he was better.

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Know You? [C]   Why Don't I Know You? [C] EmptyMon 1 Apr 2024 - 1:59

Nectarflower

Nectarflower stared at Tigerstar thoughtfully for a moment, her tail swaying absently behind her. She didn't like how tired he always seemed. Suddenly, hunting was the last thing on her mind - all that mattered was making Tigerstar smile. She'd been wrapped far too up in her own duties and grief as of late to really enjoy being home...maybe it was the same for Tigerstar. With an innocent smile, she nodded reassuringly and slowly dug her paws deep into the snow. "You're absolutely right." She meowed, unable to keep a straight face as she spoke. "Besides, they always took everything too seriously. Being leader doesn't mean you have to give up on having fun." She purred, eyes bright with mischief. 

And, without giving him time to respond, the tortoiseshell warrior flung her paws into the air, spraying cold, powdery snow into Tigerstar's face. "Gotcha!" She meowed brightly, a massive smile on her face. Though, it slowly faded as she peered at the now partially white tom curiously. They didn't really know each other all that well, had she gone too far? Maybe he really wasn't the type to enjoy a game every now and then. Sheepishly, she blinked at the striped tom, head tilted to the side. "Well? Are you gonna try to get me back?" She asked eventually.

Last edited by GravisCordis on Wed 24 Apr 2024 - 21:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Know You? [C]   Why Don't I Know You? [C] EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024 - 4:46

Tigerstar was happy to hear that she agreed with him, and how right she was about still having fun regardless of the position he held. The striped tom missed the mischievous look in the she-cats eye. Whether it was his lack of observation on his part or if his tired brain took too long to catch it. Either way it still startled him when snow was thrown up in his face.

It took him a moment to register what happened, green eyes slowly looked over to his warrior, unsure of how to respond or what to do. He hadn't done anything like that since he was a kit, but slowly the shock turned into a smirk. "Oh you are so in for it." He told her, before leaping at the she-cat, pinning her quickly, and shoving her back into the snow.

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Know You? [C]   Why Don't I Know You? [C] EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024 - 21:41

Nectarflower

Nectarflower grinned as Tigerstar slowly turned to look at her, his green eyes glittering with shock. She laughed awkwardly after a moment and tipped her head to the side. Was he confused? When was the last time he'd had fun? Just as she opened her jaws to ask if he was alright, his expression shifted. Uh-oh. Despite knowing what was coming, the warrior couldn't help but yelp in surprise as Tigerstar tackled her into the snow. "Hey! No fair!" The cold, powdery snow seeped through her pelt, but she hardly noticed it - too focused on this new side of Tigerstar. 

Stars, when was the last time even she had played like this? It had to have been moons. Purring, Nectarflower raised a paw and batted at Tigerstar's muzzle playfully. "Oh noooo, whatever shall I do..." She exclaimed moments before scooping up a pawful of snow with her free paw. Delight spread across her face and, with an innocent smile, Nectarflower tossed the snow into Tigerstar's face. Aha! Now! Careful not to hurt him, she wrapped her forelegs around the striped tom and rolled to the side, pushing him into the snow beside her. "That's right! Get snowed." Feeling rather pleased, she tipped her head to the side to grin at Tigerstar.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Don't I Know You? [C]   Why Don't I Know You? [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Don't I Know You? [C]
Page 1 of 1