Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Giving Everything to Never Make it Home [OPEN]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tara

Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 2987

Giving Everything to Never Make it Home [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Giving Everything to Never Make it Home [OPEN]   Giving Everything to Never Make it Home [OPEN] EmptyTue 6 Feb 2024 - 22:01

Pink sunlight clashed against the blue sky as the sun slowly fell below the horizon. The cold was back, nipping at the eyes, nose and paws of all things out in the open and exposed to the breeze. There was a crisp smell in the air too, one that only the coldest of times brought. Maybe it was just the magic of leaf-bare, or maybe it was the earth crying out for mercy in the only way that it could. Falconmoon was perched quietly on a naked branch, staring at the sky and at nothing at all at the same time. His patrol had gone on without him, but that was hardly new. He did his best hunting when he was alone and everyone in Skyclan knew it.

Falconmoon wasn't hunting though, not right now. As the frosty night began to close in on the day, it was almost like he became part of the landscape itself; Just a cat-shaped clump of snow clinging to the top of a branch. Falconmoon's gut felt twisted as he wrestled with a heavy guilt and on some level, a smoldering anger. It wasn't fair. It wasn't fair that Perchstar demanded war over something so petty. It wasn't fair that Beechfang had to live to regret a single murder for her entire life over a medicine cat that he doubted even Perchstar remembered very clearly. It wasn't fair that his children were going to bleed over someone else's rotten and worthless pride. Whetehr that was Perchstar's or Birdstar's was not the point.

It was times like these that Falconmoon felt at his weakest, feeling the persistent tugging of the caged beast within to do something... rash. If Perchstar were to die, he doubted any other Riverclanner would feel compelled to pursue a war with Skyclan. It wasn't anyone else who felt insulted, Stars forbid. If Beechfang were to die... would that stop the fighting? Falconmoon supposed probably not, not unless it was Perchstar herself that did it. For all of her vitriol toward Skyclan stubbornness, she showed signs of having exactly the same demons that Skyclan leadership had suffered for generations. Stubbornness, fragile egos, vengefulness... Hypocrite. He thought with a sudden lash of his tail that sent snow falling to the ground.

I put one Riverclan leader in the grave, I could do it again. An angry thought nagged in the back of his mind, but it was only a thought. Falconmoon murdering the Riverclan leader again would only make what was festering worse. The only real logical thing to do disgusted him as much as his inability to come up with a better plan. If he brought Beechfang to Perchstar and let her execute her, maybe that would be enough to satisfy the blood-thirsty tyrant. If Falconmoon had to go that route, the Stars could mark his words that Riverclan would know fear like they never had before. Maybe he would give in to the shadows that were beckoning him, calling to him on the daily since the threat of war began to loom over him like a giant claw. Maybe he would forsake his newfound peace and once again embrace the trail of blood that had become his signature and calling card over the span of his previous lifetime.

Was the return to the shadows worth it though? Would it truly be a victory to prove all of the stars in Silverpelt that had doubted him that they were right after all? Would it be a triumph if all of those that had argued and spoken on his behalf to forgive him and grant his second life, despite not being a leader were proven to be fools? The cold, harsh reality was this, no matter how he longed to deny it: Beechfang was old. She would die sooner rather than later, whether to Riverclan claws or his fangs, to illness or an accident, to a monster on the Thunderpath or some predator attack. It mattered not how she died. Her time was coming to an end no matter how one looked at it. Perhaps if her death could be useful, if it could save the lives of many more who had no real part in this folly, he could let it go and accept the circumstances without allowing the Dark Forest back into his daily life.

It was a bitter herb to swallow, but the logic was there, and Falconmoon... Dawnhawk even... had rarely allowed his emotions to rule him no matter how intense they may have been from time to time. There was a deep sigh, a long flow of silver from his nostrils, and Falconmoon hung his head as if in defeat. It was what it was, no matter how terrible. This was to end in bloodshed one way or another. Hopefully at bare minimum, it would be over with quickly. All he could do was provide council to leadership, and likely they would need it if this ended poorly. They would be emotional, but for the sake of everyone else in the clan... Falconmoon had to try to make them see reason. He could at least promise to himself and to the stars that were apparently on his side that he would do that much.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 2 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Characters : bubblenose, thymelight, smallfawn, pantherpounce, cardinalkit
Clan/Rank : rc warrior, skc mc, skc permaqueen, wc warrior, sc kit
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 974

PostSubject: Re: Giving Everything to Never Make it Home [OPEN]   Giving Everything to Never Make it Home [OPEN] EmptyThu 8 Feb 2024 - 0:25

All Hail SkyClan's Resident Disney Princess
thymelight
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing.
Thymelight had never felt this weighed down in her life. She wondered if these were simply the burdens that came with age, or if she was simply being punished for her kindness. Perhaps Hemlockfox was right… Perhaps she was too soft. Every pawstep she took felt heavy and every breath she inhaled was strained. She watched her exhales as they formed small clouds in front of her. Life was full of a multitude of opportunities, but it had the ability to take away as much as it gave. Ploverpaw had returned and Bubblebeam had received her warrior name, but she had no time to celebrate. SkyClan would be going to war at any moment, and the thought of losing any of her closest friends made her throat burn. The Clan had already lost so much, suffered through so much, and barely overcame it all. They didn’t need a war on top of it all. She had spent as much time as she could looking for herbs that she would need to tend to any casualties that her Clanmates were bound to receive in the heat of battle. The last thing she needed was for their storage to run dry when they needed it the most, but traversing the forest allowed her to clear her mind as much as she could. She had to keep calm in the eyes of SkyClan, after all. She was a medicine cat now, a higher rank in the Clan hierarchy, and she needed to display some sort of professionalism.

She allowed herself to look just as tired as she felt when she was out in the snow alone. Not even the sight of dock leaves poking through the white blanket that covered the forest floor caused her to perk up. All she could do was manage to sigh as she trekked over to the herbs. Dock… dock that she would eventually have to chew into a poultice and apply to the wounds of one of her Clanmates in an unavoidable war. All war was unavoidable. There was no such thing as having “no choice” but to go to war, and Thymelight was confused as to why the leaders didn’t share such a sentiment. The medicine cat considered it to be an act of selfishness to send warriors and apprentices into battle over a dispute that only involved a pawful of cats. The lives of cats that were never involved would be lost, and it made the she-cat’s heart break into several pieces.

She flinched slightly as some snow fell on her from above, but she relaxed her shoulders once she gazed up into the treetops and realized that it was only one of her Clanmates. She believed it was Falconmoon, but she wasn’t too sure. The tom didn’t look too happy either, and although Thymelight always wanted to keep a smile in front of her Clan, she simply didn’t have the strength at the moment. Still, she was concerned. She piled together the dock that she had picked and left it on a visible spot in the snow before padding up to the base of the tree. Hopefully what she had learned about treeflying as a warrior apprentice hadn’t escaped her mind just yet. The bi-colored molly hauled herself up into the branches as if it was second nature before she reached Falconmoon’s altitude and eyed the tom curiously.

“I’m sorry to bother you, Mr. Falconmoon.” She began, her eyes betraying her both her uncertainty and fatigue.
“I’m not sure if this is offensive or not but, um… you don’t look very well. Are you alright?”

What an awful question. Nobody's alright at a time like this. An apologetic expression crossed her face for a brief moment. It was difficult to tell what kind of mood anyone was in when it seemed as if a dark cloud had been cast over SkyClan.
the dream that you wish will come true.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
Tara

Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Giving Everything to Never Make it Home [OPEN]   Giving Everything to Never Make it Home [OPEN] EmptyFri 9 Feb 2024 - 0:09

Soft sounds from below pulled Falconmoon out of his ponderings. He looked down in a hurry, heart thudding, but was relieved to see that it was Thymelight. She was casually making her way up to his branch. He also took note of the dock that was on the ground at the base of his tree. He sighed a silent sigh. He knew what it was for, despite not being a medicine cat. He knew a lot of things a warrior "his age" should not know. He stood on his branch, preparing to make room if Thymelight wished to be beside him. Once she began to speak, he could hear it in her voice that she thought the question was stupid even before it left her mouth.

"You're not being rude, Thymelight." He said softly and truthfully. He was aware that he looked like something a dog puked up. Maybe twice. He certainly felt that way. "I am just... very stressed out right now. The last thing I want is to send my kits, or any of these lesser experienced warriors into actual combat with another clan. Fighting predators is harrowing enough, but war? War is ugly." He sat down again, leaving plenty of space for her as well.

"The warrior code says not to kill, but that all goes out of the hollow once the fighting actually starts. I worry Skyclan isn't mentally or psychologically ready for what they're about to see." Then again, who ever was ready for the first time seeing a real battle? This wasn't a skirmish, this was far more complicated. Far more terrifying. "And its all because Perchstar can't just take a personal blow to her pride. She is willing to send warriors and apprentices, on both sides, to their deaths just so she can get after an old she-cat well on her way out regardless of war? She's stupid. She's selfish. If the Stars have any sense of justice, they'd strip her of all of her lives the next time she dies." His tone sounded more grim than angry. Maybe he was finally tired of feeling enraged and the numbness was beginning to set in.

He had little doubt that this was a test for him from Starclan. Would he revert back into the monster he once was when the fighting begins? Had the Stars already ordained that he would lose one of his kits to this pointless war? They were testing him in the most cruel way possible. The truth was that it scared him. He wasn't confident that he wouldn't finally snap and go back to being the viper hiding in everyone's nest that he used to be.

If I pass this test, if I resist the urge to purposefully take lives... I want this to be the very last time you do this to me. He sent a silent, mental message to Starclan above. He knew it was going to be bad. But how bad?

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Characters : bubblenose, thymelight, smallfawn, pantherpounce, cardinalkit
Clan/Rank : rc warrior, skc mc, skc permaqueen, wc warrior, sc kit
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 974

PostSubject: Re: Giving Everything to Never Make it Home [OPEN]   Giving Everything to Never Make it Home [OPEN] EmptySun 11 Feb 2024 - 22:10

All Hail SkyClan's Resident Disney Princess
thymelight
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing.
Thymelight felt her heart drop as she listened to Falconmoon speak. He had the same concerns as her, the same disdain for the upcoming war, and the she-cat completely understood. She wasn’t sure if she’d use the same choice words to describe Perchstar and Beechfang, but she agreed with the sentiment nonetheless. It must’ve been even harder for the tom on the branch beside her considering he had kits that would be sent off to war alongside him. He had blood of his own to worry about. She carefully made her way over to the branch and sat down next to him.

“I understand…” She began, looking out solemnly into the distance and letting her eyes land on each and every snow-capped treetop. She wanted desperately to bask in the beauty of leaf-bare. The world was covered in white and the ground was constantly soft and fluffy beneath her paws. Thymelight wanted nothing more than to worry about nothing else, but leaf-bare had brought them all so much pain. She knew that there was an infinite amount of leaf-bares, and there would be multiple in her lifetime, so perhaps the time to come would give her a reason to celebrate. The future was always hope, but the only future she could see now was war.

Her tail lashed slightly as she glanced down at her paws. “I’ve never witnessed war, and I didn’t think that I’d ever have to… at least not so soon. I’ve only heard stories of how terrifying it can be. Whenever I look at everyone’s faces I can only wonder if I’ll ever see them again once this all ends.”
She was unaware of how vulnerable and scared she sounded, but it was true. War was a scary thing. From birth, cats were born to be apprenticed to warriors that would teach them about how to fight so they could defend their Clan when the time came. It was such a morbid process to the gentle medicine cat. For some cats that were destined to die young, their entire life would be nothing but fighting. It created a feeling of dejection in Thymelight’s heart.

“And I’ll never get the reasoning for it either. What does any of this achieve? Forgive me for sympathizing with the enemy for a moment but cats from both sides are going to die, cats that weren’t even alive when this ordeal with Beechfang happened. I don’t understand what Perchstar wishes to accomplish.” Thymelight truly was perplexed. There were so many aspects of Clan culture that she didn’t agree with but kept to herself, although she was always eternally grateful to be a part of SkyClan, sometimes she was rather terrified of the morals that the forest considered to be acceptable.
the dream that you wish will come true.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
Tara

Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Giving Everything to Never Make it Home [OPEN]   Giving Everything to Never Make it Home [OPEN] EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024 - 22:08

Upon her mentioning that she'd never seen war, Falconmoon stiffened ever so slightly. Holy Starclan you bird-brain be more careful of what you say! He scolded himself. He looked at Thymelight while she talked and nodded. At least she didn't catch the part where he sounded experienced in these matters. Heh. If she just assumed he'd heard it from elders, he wasn't about to correct her. She continued onward and dropped the subject at least, and for that he was grateful.

"It achieves nothing, Thymelight. I like Beechfang, but this is something that Perchstar and Beechfang should be working out. This isn't a Skyclan problem. This isn't a Riverclan problem. Perchstar and Beechfang should fight it out and let that be the end." He said with sharpness in his voice. He had a mind to solve all of this, but it wouldn't be pretty. Not to mention it was a path he was desperately trying to avoid just as much as the war itself.

"Perchstar wants the forest to bend to her word and to fear her voice. It is foolish, selfish pride and nothing more. This is how a lot of conflict starts. Pride. Vanity. Envy. Rarely is it ever logical, because in logic lies resolve... of which most she-cats do not have." Definitely not any of the current leaders.

"I tried to convince some Riverclan warriors to see sense, to stand up to their tyrant leader and refuse to fight, but they won't. They are short-sighted and care only for their own glory. They have no concept of what a war really is." He was broody now, with his tail flicking and twitching irritatedly. "Its going to happen. Hopefully it will end swiftly and it will end anyone else's desire for bloodshed on a stupid leader's behalf." He doubted it, but he could at least hope.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giving Everything to Never Make it Home [OPEN]   Giving Everything to Never Make it Home [OPEN] Empty

Back to top Go down

Giving Everything to Never Make it Home [OPEN]
Page 1 of 1