Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Petals In The Wind[C]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3220

Petals In The Wind[C] Empty
PostSubject: Petals In The Wind[C]   Petals In The Wind[C] EmptySat 3 Feb 2024 - 20:50

You can’t fix the past, but you can change the future.

Sootstorm was keeping an eye on all his clanmates who had not been born in WindClan territory, and one of their newest warriors, Cloudypetal, happened to fit such a description. He returned from camp to spot her coming out of the nursery, and seized the chance to talk to her. He tried to relax his posture so as to not scare her, and beckoned with his tail for her to walk beside him. "How are you settling into warrior life?" He asked casually.

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Petals In The Wind[C]   Petals In The Wind[C] EmptySun 11 Feb 2024 - 0:41

Cloudypetal blinked in surprise as she saw Sootstorm beckon for her. Her mind was so focused on the kits that she hadn't realized "Oh! Hi Sootstorm." She mewed, falling in step beside him.

She never has the opportunity to catch up with him much, as he's always busy doing something or another... Especially being a dad, deputy, and mentor all at once, not even factoring in the long journey home. Her eyes sparkled with sympathy - he looked like he needed a good nap. But yet, he was still worried about her. Honestly, she didn't expect him to ask.

"I'm getting used to it, I suppose. I didn't like it at first," Cloudypetal replied, her tone shifting to embarrassment as she admitted her initial impression. "It's quite a jarring change from our old home at the lakes. But I'm adapting!" She quickly added to justify it.

She glanced over at Sootstorm, her gaze curious. "How long have you been a warrior, Sootstorm? You grew up here, right?" She couldn't imagine growing up here - but her kits will. My kits. That feels like such a far away thought from now. She blinked, trying to clear those thoughts. Brr.
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Petals In The Wind[C]   Petals In The Wind[C] EmptyFri 23 Feb 2024 - 4:01

At least she was honest, Sootstorm thought to himself with a wince. Hearing anyone, let alone a clanmate, refer to the lake as their old "home" was yet another reminder that this land, this land where countless of his friends and family had died and been buried, would never be the same for these cats who had been born outside of these borders. When the time came, would they defend this land as fiercely as he would have? The thought of watching this place fall to ruin made his heart ache.

He paused to consider Cloudypetal's question. It was simple; all he had to do was confirm that he had been born here, and tell her roughly how old he was. And yet, that answer didn't feel enough. His life as a warrior was so much more than that, and foolishly, he wanted her to understand just how important this all was to him-- was to WindClan. He remained in silence for a while, before he finally spoke up. "I was born here, alongside my brother, Aspenpaw. As you might have guessed from his name, he didn't- he didn't join me in my warrior ceremony," He began, feeling a lump form in his throat at the mention of his littermate. His other half, buried before he even knew what life truly was. Oh, what he'd pay to have his brother here by his side right now. "Shortly before I was made a warrior, something rather unfortunate happened in a Gathering. I'll spare you the details, but let's just say that WindClan found itself at war, attacked on both sides of its borders, its land taken from them until prey was scarce and the bodies piled high. I lost many friends, many of whom would do it all again, to protect this land. Did Tallshadow ever tell you about the story of the falling star? This land was chosen by StarClan themselves. I hope one day, when it's your turn to defend it, you'll defend it with all of your heart." Sootstorm blinked when he realised that an answer to a simple question had turned into a summery of his life, and he chuckled in embarrassment. "Sorry, that wasn't quite you were looking for, right?" He murmured.

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Petals In The Wind[C]   Petals In The Wind[C] EmptyMon 4 Mar 2024 - 16:18

Cloudypetal blinked in surprise as Sootstorm went on, yet she listened intently - her ears perked. Her eyes were pools of sadness and understanding as Sootstorm shared details of his life. To be upfront, she didn't expect such a thorough response, but she was grateful for a glimpse into his past.

"No need to apologize!" She insisted immediately, her gaze meeting his. "It's a story that deserves to be shared. It was what I was looking for."

She felt a little guilty and took this moment to absorb what he truly said. Her initial distaste for their true home had led her to this moment, but she failed to remember why it was home. "Tallshadow sat me and Galestorm down as kits and explained the falling star to us." She mewed, mostly to herself. "I reassure you that I don't hate our home. I never have. It's just a lot to take in - but I would die defending it. It is my home and I will thrive here. Please don't doubt that."

She felt an odd sense of duty - there was doubt in her mind that she wasn't the only one who felt that way. She desired to connect with her home on a deeper level. Why wouldn't any cat? "What if we did something that'd help?" She blurted out, mainly to herself as a solution to her own problems originating from a cat born on the lake.
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Petals In The Wind[C]   Petals In The Wind[C] EmptyTue 12 Mar 2024 - 7:50

Sootstorm let himself smile at Cloudypetal's assurance. It seems that the younger generation of warriors were still as kind and devoted as well. He didn't know why he thought that just because they walked beside other Clans for parts of their life they would forget what was in their very blood. But... something to help? With thier clanmates not feeling close to a land that they were not born on? Sootstorm tipped his head to the side, gaze focused on the she-cat. "I'm listening," He prompted.

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Petals In The Wind[C]   Petals In The Wind[C] EmptyWed 13 Mar 2024 - 22:09

Cloudypetal's whiskers twitched, taking a moment to gather her thoughts. I didn't realize I said that out loud. She thought, her tail flicking. She felt anxiety, yet he had already opened up to her so much, why wouldn't he listen to what she had to say now?

"Well, uh, what if we organized a tournament of some sort - for the apprentices?" She proposed, her voice steady. "It would be fun for the apprentices to compete... But more importantly, it'd help us foster a better connection with our territory. We could set up challenges that require connection with our history and moor, and we could even quiz them on what it means to be a WindClan cat - and how we found our true home."

As she spoke, her eyes glimmered with excitement and anticipation - she studied his expression. "We could involve all of the warriors that were born and raised at the lake somehow. It could help us feel like we belong here." She mewed, pausing - waiting for his reaction. She held her breath, hoping it would resonate with him.
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Petals In The Wind[C]   Petals In The Wind[C] EmptySat 16 Mar 2024 - 23:06

"A tournamet, for our apprentices..." Sootstom echoed Cloudypetal's words, turning the idea over in his head. It would make sense, throwing an event to foster a bond between his clanmates and their "new" territory. He wasn't quite sure how they would find time for it, or how they would plan it out. He was ready to reject the idea, to say that it wouldn't be easy putting it into action, when something suddenly clicked. Who was saying that he had to be the one planning it? Sure, he was the deputy, so he should oversee it, but he didn't have to be the only one. "Cloudypetal, I think this idea is amazing, but I'll need some help putting it into action. How would you like to be the one helping me out?" Sootstorm asked, head tipped to the side as he waited for what would hopefully be agreement. She had seemed excited about the idea, but perhaps he had missed something?

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Petals In The Wind[C]   Petals In The Wind[C] EmptySun 24 Mar 2024 - 21:11

Cloudypetal
T2 Warrior | WindClan | she/her

Cloudypetal's gaze searched Sootstorm's, and she could see the hesitation that roared beneath. She prepared herself for the suggestion to be shot down - yet, it wasn't. Her surprise was not a secret. Her tail lifted and her eyes glimmered with excitement. The anxiety melted like snow underneath her paw pads.

"I would love to!" She purred. "Where should I start? I bet a lot of lake-born warriors would like to participate, too. Especially your own litter, Sootstorm. They've grown into fine warriors."

discord: kieer  | timezone: EST (UTC -5) | code (c) kieer
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Petals In The Wind[C]   Petals In The Wind[C] EmptyTue 9 Apr 2024 - 5:16

Cloudypetal's excitement to get started was delightful and honestly exciting. Sootstorm couldn't help his smile as he nodded and told her, "I don't see why we can't have the younger warriors join in. I'll announce the tournament today, set for next quater moon. In the mean time, I need to find a place that would be wide enough to host everyone. Would you mind helping with that first?" He couldn't wait to see how the molly would do with the new task she had been given, but knowing her, he knew she would exceed his expactations with ease.

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Petals In The Wind[C]   Petals In The Wind[C] EmptyWed 10 Apr 2024 - 1:15

Cloudypetal
T2 Warrior | WindClan | she/her
Cloudypetal nodded quickly - she was already about to leave camp to fetch moss for the kits, and it'd be a perfect opportunity to find the perfect spot for the tournament.

"Of course, Sootstorm!" She purred. "I'll go ahead and find the perfect spot while hunting for moss - the nursery desperately needs fresh nests. I think I already have a spot in mind, but it's worth double checking."

And with that, she flicked her tail - dismissing herself. Truthfully, her heart swelled in her chest. She didn't expect Sootstorm to be so receptive, let alone give her this much responsibility! She could only hope that she'd do a great job.

discord: kieer  | timezone: EST (UTC -5) | code (c) kieer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Petals In The Wind[C]   Petals In The Wind[C] Empty

Back to top Go down

Petals In The Wind[C]
Page 1 of 1