Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Finally, Reprise (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ishtar

Ishtar

Characters : Tallshadow, Daisyfang, Cricketpaw
Clan/Rank : (T)WindClan Warrior[T3] (D)WindClan MC[T1] (C)SkyClan Apprentice
Number of posts : 311

Finally, Reprise (c) Empty
PostSubject: Finally, Reprise (c)   Finally, Reprise (c) EmptySat 3 Feb 2024 - 15:36

Daisyfang gathered up all the cold-burned leaves, gently kneading them with her claws in the well-worn rhymes of mixing this familiar set of herbs. She had done this countless times, but it never failed to send relief washing over her. It was mostly luck she could scrounge what she needed, between the high rocky slopes of the mountains they passed, and the rolling snow-covered moors, she had found everything after long days of searching. She turned back to Oatpaw. Who was clearly trying to put on a brave face despite how awful he felt. She knew how deep the illness sunk its claws first hand. It was a miracle he had fought hard enough to make it back in the first place.

“I want you to chew these well, okay? Yes they taste terrible. No you can’t have half.” She pushed the bitter smelling bundle towards him, mirth dancing in her bright amber eyes. The bi-colored retreated back to the temporary stores, taking a wilted stalk of Lavender. It wasn’t nearly as potent as the ones she had used to treat many of her clanmates, but for Leaf-bare it would do. “I’m going to rub this over your shoulders and chest, it’ll help your breathing. I can give you some more to weave into your nest for the next few days while you recover as well.” The medicine cat crushed the buds under her paws until their fragrance hung heavily in the warm den. She rubbed the petals into Oatpaw’s fluffy pelt, making sure the paste was spread evenly.
—----------------------------------------------------------------------
Daisyfang has used The Cure on Oatpaw

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [B] Blazepaw, [N] Nightpaw, [S] Smokeykit
Clan/Rank : [O] T2 WindClan Warrior, [B] SkyClan Apprentice, [N] ShadowClan Apprentice, [S] ShadowClan Kit
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 202

Finally, Reprise (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, Reprise (c)   Finally, Reprise (c) EmptySat 3 Feb 2024 - 20:20

oatpaw!

Oatpaw watched Daisyfang as she worked, fascinated by the medic's skill and expertise. I could never do that. To have each herb memorized, along with its uses and applications...StarClan, he could hardly manage to remember the way out of camp sometimes! Though his eyes were tired and his body ached, he found a certain comfort in watching the rhythm and sense of peace with which his Clanmate worked. His throat burned with bile and his head swam with fever, but still he watched with half-lidded eyes, feeling comforted by Daisyfang's confidence and knowledge. She'd take care of him. Sure, he'd fought for so long to keep himself on his feet, helping his Clanmates with what little strength he did have, but...it was nice to be taken care of. His paws still itched with the desire to work, work, work, but he felt his shoulders sag in relief as he was finally able to rest.

Terrible taste, huh? He shook his head."I don't care. Anything's better than this." He felt so miserable that he would've managed to swallow mouse bile if it would help. He craned his neck, much too exhausted to get up, and lapped up the herbs before him. "Blegh." In spite of his malaise, he couldn't help but stick his tongue out. The herbs made him want to gag. But he forced himself to chew them until they turned to pulp in his jaws, and swore he felt a little stronger already.

A sense of relief hung over him as Daisyfang massaged the lavender into his dense fur. He felt a low, gentle purr escape him as the pleasant scent reached his nose. It was surprisingly calming. "That's perfect. Thank you, Daisyfang..." Oatpaw mumbled sleepily, deciding he rather liked lavender. He opened his eyes a little wider, taking note of the shape and color of the flower. I wonder if I could keep some in my nest in the future...if I ever stumbled across extra.

He blinked slowly, then turned to look at Daisyfang with a soft, appreciative glow in his warm brown eyes. He'd never really talked to Daisyfang before. He didn't have the energy now, but he vowed to get to know her better when he was back on his feet. "You're a wonderful medicine cat, y'know that?"

Back to top Go down

Finally, Reprise (c)
Page 1 of 1