Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

just like you [c]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

just like you [c] Empty
PostSubject: just like you [c]   just like you [c] EmptySun 28 Jan 2024 - 5:59

STOATKIT
Stoatkit was not given anyone an easy time when they moved as of late. He would squirm about and bat at the air if any cat dared to pick him up and carry him - which was quite often - before he begrudgingly gave in, with quiet grumbles to himself. In contrast, when he was allowed to walk on his own four paws, he did so without complaint. He seemed quite happy to do so for that matter, bouncing through the too-tall snow that lay ahead, and stomping proudly through any tracks that had been made as he followed his Clan.

Now he was beside his father, Sootstorm, trotting ahead with his chin raised and his tail straight up. Stoatkit looked like a proper little warrior, proud of his heritage and he was certain if anything challenged him in this moment, he could take them down. His olive green eyes glittered proudly and he turned them up towards his father.

"Father?" The tom-kit mewed, tilting his head. "What is it like being the deputy?" The thought had been burning in his mind as of recently. "I'm going to be deputy someday, so I have to know what it's like before it happens." Cats seemed to respect Sootstorm, or at least listened to him and surely for good reason. His father was a great cat, loved WindClan endlessly and was a brave warrior. Stoatkit had already vowed to do the same, but...

He needed a little guidance first.

Last edited by Grohiik on Sun 28 Jan 2024 - 14:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw, [Q]uillsplash, [L]eopardpaw, [C]reamkit | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan Apprentice [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [L]WindClan Apprentice [C]WindClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3256

just like you [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: just like you [c]   just like you [c] EmptySun 28 Jan 2024 - 6:28

You can’t fix the past, but you can change the future.

Sootstorm had puffed out his chest proudly when Stoatkit began walking right next to him, head held high like a little warrior. He could feel the judgemental gazes of the other Clans, wondering what in the name of StarClan had prompted WindClan's deputy to parade at the front of the Clan with a kit whose ears just grazed his shoulder. Well, he didn't care! He was glad of the chance to spend time with his son, and was dying of cuteness on the inside over how adorable Stoatkit was walking like he was a leader.

His ear twitched at the question, then the self-confident explanation. Deputy, hmm? As natural as it was to doubt his son, who was easily the smallest of his litter, he couldn't help but remember when he was Stoatkit's age. He hadn't seemed very likely to be made a deputy then, so maybe there was still hope for the kit beside him. "It's stressful," Sootstorm began, choosing and weighing his words carefully, "And I have a lot of responsibilities, but-" He turned to face Stoatkit "It's all worth it, protecting and helping WindClan grow."

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T4 Warrior / #802318
Juniperpaw / She-Cat / ShadowClan Apprentice / #B9ABB2
Leopardpaw / Tom / WindClan Apprentice / #cc9900
Creamkit / She-Cat / WindClan Kit / #ff6600

Art Requests | Character Profiles
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

just like you [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: just like you [c]   just like you [c] EmptyMon 29 Jan 2024 - 12:37

STOATKIT
Stoatkit listened to his father without interruption. This was all important information if he was chosen to be deputy some day. Stressful? Sootstorm didn't seem very stressed out, but Stoatkit supposed he may not be looking hard enough. He hopped over a rock that was in his way as he thought of his next response.

"That doesn't sound so bad," the tom-kit answered confidently, "you do it really good. A little stress and responsibility never hurt any cat, right? And if it's for the good of WindClan, I don't see why every cat wouldn't want to be deputy." He paused briefly, looking his father over carefully. "I guess not every cat is like us, though..."

He pulled his gaze away and let it drift to a place that was behind them. They were leading the Clan together. Stoatkit could only wonder what it would be like if they really were leading it. Sootstar and Stoatkit of WindClan! They'd be the most powerful in the entire forest! "I want to be like you. How did you do it?"

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw, [Q]uillsplash, [L]eopardpaw, [C]reamkit | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan Apprentice [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [L]WindClan Apprentice [C]WindClan Kit
Taurus Tiger

just like you [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: just like you [c]   just like you [c] EmptySat 3 Feb 2024 - 7:47

Sootstorm knew that most kits would share Stoatkit's sentiment, but all the same he felt that he should gently break reality to his son. "Some cats find joy in serving their Clans as deputy or leader, while others find joy in being with their family. Take your mother, for example. Just because she's not deputy doesn't make her any less happy or capable than me. And, warrior life can get tiring after a while. After a certain period, the stress just isn't worth it for some cats," The deputy tried explaining as clearly as he could. He wasn't quite getting his point across, but hoped that his son was bright enough to understand anyway. "As for how I did it..." He paused to reflect on his deputy ceremony. It was right after Smallstar and Jayfrost went missing, when all hope seemed lost. "That's a story for another day," He tried to put a smile in his words, but truthfully, it was not something he wanted to congratulate himself on, and it was best that Stoatkit did not view it as a way of achieving success either.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

just like you [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: just like you [c]   just like you [c] EmptyMon 5 Feb 2024 - 5:37

STOATKIT
Stoatkit's ears swiveled back at his father spoke. He felt like the tom was trying to discourage him from being deputy some day. But why? Sootstorm was a fine deputy, it was only natural he'd have a son that would want to do the same. Stoatkit looked up to him, admired him. He understood some cats couldn't handle the burden, but he could! He would.

He supposed there was truth there, however. Fennelbreeze was just as capable as Sootstorm was, so was Tallshadow. But Stoatkit believed that was because their whole family was filled with strong, able warriors. Whatever cats Sootstorm was talking about afterwards weren't family, and certainly weren't worth his time... Or WindClan's. He shook his head.

"WindClan will always be worth it for me." He said confidently, raising his chin impossibly high. "It will never get too stressful! If I am not a warrior of WindClan, then I don't want to be anything!" Stoatkit meant that; the words had come straight from his tiny, fast-beating heart. If he didn't have WindClan, he had nothing. WindClan was his home and he owed his life to the Clan! He paused and sucked in a deep, thoughtful breath. "I'll show you, Papa. When we get home, I wanna be an apprentice. I wanna be Stoatpaw, and I want you to mentor me! Or... Or some cat just as good as you!"

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

just like you [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: just like you [c]   just like you [c] EmptySat 10 Feb 2024 - 5:46

"Of course, you'll make an amazing warrior," Sootstorm found himself agreeing with his son with a default smile. He would be proud if Stoatkit became deputy one day, of course he would be, but that also meant the... retirement or death of him or his brother. They were both still young and able-bodied, and he prayed that when the day came, it'd come many, many seasons later. Even if it meant making Stoatkit wait for a chance he might never have, so be it. "I'll keep that in mind," He purred, nuzzling the top of his son's head in response to his request for Sootstorm to be his mentor. If Stoatkit had to let go of one dream, the least he could do was fulfill another one, right?

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

just like you [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: just like you [c]   just like you [c] EmptySat 10 Feb 2024 - 7:44

STOATKIT
Stoatkit stretched up to press himself into the nuzzle more, a loud purr ripping itself out of his chest as it so often did. He returned the gesture, rubbing his nose against his father's chin, for that was as far as his body would let him stretch. "I hope so." He mewed softly.

Stoatkit hadn't realized that being deputy meant the death of his father, let alone the death of any cat. As far as he was concerned, he thought Sootstorm would become Sootstar at some point during his lifetime and Stoatkit would be Stoat-something. He wanted his father to live for seasons upon seasons! "Thank you, Father." He'd gathered his thoughts again. Not often did he call Sootstorm 'Papa', preferring to be as formal as possible, but... Lately, he'd slipped a bit. "Let's move faster. I wanna get there immediately!"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

just like you [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: just like you [c]   just like you [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

just like you [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Starfall Territory-
Jump to: