Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Brighter Than A Blue Sky[C]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw(ShC), [Q]uillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan Apprentice [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3230

Brighter Than A Blue Sky[C] Empty
PostSubject: Brighter Than A Blue Sky[C]   Brighter Than A Blue Sky[C] EmptySat 27 Jan 2024 - 16:22

You can’t fix the past, but you can change the future.

Sootstorm had heard of Heatherkit and Crakekit's little fight, and he'd be lying if he said he hadn't tried to cover his fond smile when he first heard the news. His two daughters were already firey and full of life. Unfortunately, along with their never-ending energy, came little accidents. Heatherkit had gotten her ear bitten, something that the deputy found in no way funny. Most of the litter had managed to inherit their mother's beautiful curled ears, and knowing that one was ruined already made him pout. He figured he should check in with his little heather, just to be sure that she was fine. The deputy poked his head into the medicine cat den, a mouse swining from his jaws. He sought out his daughter's milky-white pelt, expecting her to rush over as she always did.

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T4 Warrior / #802318
Juniperpaw / She-Cat / ShadowClan Apprentice / #B9ABB2

Art Requests | Character Profiles
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Brighter Than A Blue Sky[C]   Brighter Than A Blue Sky[C] EmptySat 27 Jan 2024 - 18:09

Heatherkit hadn't been in the medicine cat's den long at all. She was strong-willed and easily able to prove that with how quickly she had begun healing up. It was just the tip of her ear, after all, and it certainly wouldn't slow her down from becoming an apprentice anytime soon. The way that Daisyfang and Sootstorm attended to her made her feel like a fragile kit. As much as she wanted to complain about the overly sensitive treatment, it did not change how much the she-kit looked up to her father.

She looked up to see him approaching the makeshift area that was being treated as the medicine cat den. The journey had been hard on them all. Heatherkit, being one of the youngest of the clan and the deputy's daughter, was well-cared for despite the hard conditions. Her long legs had quickly gotten used to trekking the rough terrain. However, the fact remained that cats from their clan still got injured, were sick, and were not fairing well without any constant shelter. Shaking out her recently groomed pelt, the kit jumped up and ran over to Sootstorm.

"Dad! Dad!" Heatherkit butted her head into the underside of his jaw in a friendly greeting. She blinked gratefully for the mouse he'd brought along but there were more pressing matters at paw, "I'm ready for my apprentice ceremony! I think it should happen soon. Please? I'm almost as big as Eveningpaw and I can heal up quickly too. I bet the other apprentices can't handle wounds this well."
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw(ShC), [Q]uillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Brighter Than A Blue Sky[C]   Brighter Than A Blue Sky[C] EmptySun 28 Jan 2024 - 5:09

Sootstorm was at least glad that Heatherkit's enthusiastic self hadn't changed, but for the love of Stars he'd like a day without being pressured to make one of them apprentices. What his daughter said true, though. She had grown much bigger in the past few moons, and was nearly Eveningpaw's size. Eveningpaw, however, wasn't exactly the size an apprentice her age should be, but he couldn't say that out loud unless he wanted Nectarflower to shred his ears. He dropped the mouse and nudged it towards Heatherkit, then repeated the same words as he always did when asked about their apprentice ceremonies. "Your time will come, you can count on me to not forget it," He purred, bending down to nuzzle her head fondly. "Now, tell me how you got that wound in your ear. Did you play too rough again?" His voice turned stern, but his eyes remained gentle and warm.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Brighter Than A Blue Sky[C]   Brighter Than A Blue Sky[C] EmptyFri 2 Feb 2024 - 22:40

Heatherkit's heart sank at his dismissive words. Every day he said someday. When would that day finally be today? Dismayed, her head lowered to press into the soft down of his chest. It was frustrating to have to resign herself to kit-like versions of training and pretend fantasies about becoming deputy under Sootstar. Her little teeth clenched slightly. If only she could will Starclan to let her grow faster. While her mind was wandering down a rabbit trail of the great many things that she'd one day become, her father's words shook her back to reality.

Of course. Her ear. The pale-furred she-kit ducked under his stomach and weaved between his legs. It had already been decided that the last thing she would do was share the truth. No cat needed to know that Crakekit had done this to her, for both of their sakes. Her purring became a tad softer and she meowed simply, "I just caught it on a rock. It doesn't even hurt now. I promise. I can take wounds just like a warrior!"
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Brighter Than A Blue Sky[C]   Brighter Than A Blue Sky[C] EmptySat 3 Feb 2024 - 7:44

Somehow, he could sense his daughter was upset from his words. As much as he wanted to cheer her up, there was simply nothing that he could do to make her wish come true. There was many good reasons why Heatherkit shouldn't be made an apprentice before she was old enough, and he had repeated them to her so many times he was sure that she had already memorized them all. Sootstorm sighed, then laughed softly at Heatherkit's words. "A rock?" He repeated, narrowed eyes inspecting the bite marks on his daughter's curled ear. "I didn't know rocks had teeth," He teased, flicking his tail over his daughter's nose.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brighter Than A Blue Sky[C]   Brighter Than A Blue Sky[C] Empty

Back to top Go down

Brighter Than A Blue Sky[C]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Starfall Territory-
Jump to: