Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

drop of sunshine [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2988

drop of sunshine [c] Empty
PostSubject: drop of sunshine [c]   drop of sunshine [c] EmptySun Jan 07, 2024 1:43 pm

Larkspring

Cindersky’s sickness was stubborn and persistent, like all sickness infecting the clan was, but Larkspring was doing his best to care for her. Her and Rookflight both, but right now Rookflight was sleeping and so his focus could stay on Cindersky.

He returned with some soaking moss and gently set it down in front of Cindersky. He ordered in a gruff but gentle voice, “Get some water…How are you feeling? Has Sandyshell checked you over recently?” He shifted and licked at Cindersky’s fur that had gotten mussed up during one of her naps.
RiverClan • T1 Warrior • He/Him • 30 | 80 • #787878
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards  ❊  Codes
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Characters : [C]indersky, [W]olfpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Warrior| ShadowClan, Apprentice
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 344

PostSubject: Re: drop of sunshine [c]   drop of sunshine [c] EmptySun Jan 07, 2024 3:32 pm

cindersky

t1 warrior | riverclan

Cindersky's head pounded, and she knew it wasn't from dehydration, at least. She did not know exactly what time it was, as everything looked the same as it always did. Rookflight asleep, the nest beneath her, Larkspring making sure she was mostly intact. Perhaps if it were not for his surprise, random check ins, the mundanity of the sickness would kill her if the tiredness did not do so first. Whatever nap she had had, for however long, was the first bout of sleep she had gotten in two... three days? She wasn't certain. Some days had gaps in them that she could not remember, but she did not know if that was from illness or tiredness either.

She opened her mouth to answer him, her throat catching in the beginnings of a cough that she swallowed when he drew in close to settle her pelt again. Her fever felt worse now. That's what she told herself.  She was glad he did, the neatness gave her a sense of dignity again.

"If you give me any more water I might turn into a puddle," She said, and followed it up with a muffled and hoarse 'thank you' before taking a couple of laps of the soaked moss. "I don't remember when I went to Sandyshell last... Definitely a few days ago, I think--" She broke off in another, painful sounding set off coughs that she brought to a halt with a quick and desperate bit of mossy-tanged water. "--I don't want to bother her with the same problem all the time." That, and getting up was too much pain and effort than worth some days.

She wanted to return the favour and tidy his pelt clean herself, but she would never forgive herself if he got sick from that. He didn't seem scared of it at all, but maybe it was her prayers to StarClan that gave him that fearlessness. "A bit groggy, hot, and dizzy," She then answered him. "But I could be worse. I do not feel as... bleh... as I did yesterday, at least. How are you feeling, though?" She kept her eyes on him so that he could not escape the question. "Have you been getting enough rest? Taking care of yourself?"

template by #kiikko

Cindersky  | Daytrader |  Wolfpaw |  Ryekit

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: drop of sunshine [c]   drop of sunshine [c] EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 12:42 pm

Larkspring

Larkspring snorted to himself. He paused in grooming her fur and asked, “Are you seriously going to ask that while you’re the one that’s sick? You should be focusing on your own health…You’re always so concerned about other people.” He resumed grooming her, gently licking across her fur. “But yes, I’ve been resting. Poppyshine has made sure not to give anyone too many shifts, and we have enough healthy—or mostly healthy—cats to take care of everyone.”

He sits up and looks her over. “I’ll have to get Sandyshell to look you over, then. At least something for the fever…” He didn’t care if it bothered Sandyshell. Her job was to heal cats, and Cindersky needed healing; simple as that. Rookflight too. “I’m glad you don’t feel as bad as yesterday, at least.”
RiverClan • T3 Warrior • He/Him • 50 | 120 • #787878
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: drop of sunshine [c]   drop of sunshine [c] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2024 1:19 pm

cindersky

t2 warrior | riverclan

"Shoosh," Cindersky lifted her paw and gently papped him on the top of the head. "If you're busy looking after me and Rookflight, who is there to look after you? And I don't mean just even shifts. Eating, drinking, talking to clanmates..." She lapsed into silence as he continued her meticulous grooming, and she hoped he would lean in close enough to hear her heart thud. She did not know why it did, but she would blame it on fear of passing on the illness.

She shook her head when he spoke of Sandyshell, and in a more bemused tone assured him. "I'm fine, Larkspring, I promise. If the fever gets bad again, I'll tell you," A lie, which he would well know. She wouldn't mention it unless she was falling over her own paws, and even then would deny it.

"I get time to think in here, you know," She said when he finally stopped, and she could see his eyes again. "And a lot of it is worrying about you in between your check ins. Have you had any proper conversations with someone other than me, or Rookflight when they wake? I don't want you to be lonely out there when we can't be with you. Lonely hurts." And yet, she'd rather him stay here.

template by #kiikko

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: drop of sunshine [c]   drop of sunshine [c] EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 1:20 pm

Larkspring

Larkspring gave Cindersky a pointed look. He did not argue further out loud, but he knew he would be fetching Sandyshell later anyway, and he was not going to stop looking after her. He instead lets her move on and he answers, “I am not lonely. I do what I need to for the clan, and then I’m right back here…I’ve done a few things here or there. I sparred with that ThunderClanner.” He paused and his nose wrinkled. “Former ThunderClanner. Murkyriver. She is going to teach me more when she is less sick.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: drop of sunshine [c]   drop of sunshine [c] EmptyMon Jan 15, 2024 12:38 pm

cindersky

t2 warrior | riverclan

"Murkyriver?" Cindersky mumbled a beat before he said it. She hummed, pleased at least that he was talking to (and getting along with) others that were not her or Rookflight. "She did not hurt you, did she? I heard that she could be... formidable." She will teach him more? She was happy for that, and hung on the fact that he was staying true to his promise to himself to 'change' so that she could ignore whatever odd feeling weighed on her chest.

"Maybe... Maybe you can show me some of it when I'm a bit better," She suggested, closing her eyes for a second to abate that cruel vertigo that she could never chase away. Stationary or moving, it came in waves. She opened them again when she felt like the room was spinning that much less. "I might be able keep up with yours and Rookflights skills at it, then."

template by #kiikko

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: drop of sunshine [c]   drop of sunshine [c] EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 12:26 pm

Larkspring

Larkspring’s nose twitched at the offer from her and he made a sound in the back of his throat that sounded like a chuckle. “It’ll take a lot of work to keep up with me. I wouldn’t go easy on you, you know.” He wanted Cindersky to continue growing alongside him, growing strong with him. She can’t do that if he went easy on her all the time. “But…yes. I would teach you. Murkyriver would too, I bet. She’s always looking for spars.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: drop of sunshine [c]   drop of sunshine [c] EmptyThu Jan 25, 2024 8:18 am

cindersky

t2 warrior | riverclan

"I know you wouldn't," She said with a huff, as though the mere suggestion that she would think he would do the opposite was preposterous. "Your blunt honesty was the only reason I managed to catch that mouse oh-so-long-ago. And how in StarClans name could I possibly keep up with you if you did?" Was it really all that long ago? The times in the forest even at the end of her apprenticeship seemed eons away. She could not accurately guess the middle.

And then he mentioned Murkyriver, and that bravado dissapeared as though she had deflated. She did not want to spar with her. Nothing against Murkyriver, but it wasn't the same. She had suggested it as an excuse, and Murkyriver would probably turn her into a pile of dust anyways. "You teach me first," She hummed, lifting herself back up somewhat so that she didn't look as miserable in the nest. "And maybe if I'm able to hold a spar for more than two minutes against you, I could consider asking her. But you first."

template by #kiikko

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: drop of sunshine [c]   drop of sunshine [c] EmptySun Jan 28, 2024 1:14 pm

Larkspring

Larkspring’s gaze lifted towards Cindersky. When she spoke poorly of her own abilities, he suddenly wanted to insist no, actually, it was very likely that she would beat him. He wanted to confess that he had yet to win a spar of any kind and that he had even lost to a medicine cat apprentice when he was younger. He held all these words back and wasn’t even sure why he wanted to say them at all. He did not talk about his insecurities when it came to his combat abilities. And yet…he wanted to tell Cindersky all of it, just to keep her from thinking so poorly of herself.

“I will teach you how I can, though you will be better off taking more lessons from Perchstar,” Larkspring replied. “But should you ever want to spar…I would be happy to.”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699