Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

thicker than water [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6056

thicker than water [c] Empty
PostSubject: thicker than water [c]   thicker than water [c] Empty21/12/2023, 6:32 pm

Though she had escaped the sickness that swept over the forest, driving them to these distant lands, Mistflower hadn't been able to relax. So many of her Clanmates were sick, including her sister; how was she meant to find any peace at all in a situation like this? When she wasn't hovering over Stoneheart, she was hunting tirelessly for the sick cats: not just prey, but soft materials to make their nests more comfortable, or pretty feathers to bring them a little bit of happiness.

Today she didn't have anything particularly special, just some prey to share. Perhaps it was ill-advised to stay so close to the sick when she hadn't yet caught their illness, but there wasn't a force on the earth or in the stars that could have pulled her from Stoneheart's side for long while her sister was struggling.

The squirrel was set carefully in front of her, and a small bundle of stripe-patterned feathers next to it.

"I got your favorite. And something for your nest, if you need it. I thought it'd maybe be better if it was softer? But I don't know."

you never had a chance, you know (incurable romantics never do) —— info.
✿ kiikko

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3

Last edited by Holly on 26/12/2023, 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5698

PostSubject: Re: thicker than water [c]   thicker than water [c] Empty22/12/2023, 6:56 am

Stoneheart was unable to sleep, a rough coughing fit before returning her head to rest on her paws and pretend to sleep was the best she could manage. At the sound of a familiar voice, Stoneheart cracked her eyes open blearily, taking a moment to lift her head from her paws. "Mist...?" She murmured, still struggling to pry her mind free of the exhaustion and brain fog that had set in alongside her illness. Turned out coughing more than she spent time sleeping probably wasn't the best for her being coherent... But Stoneheart was glad to see her sister's familiar face.

Another burst of coughing escaped the warrior, and it took her a moment to register her sister's words, a tired smile coming to her face when she finally did. The nest she was in was simple stuff, a bit of feathers to make it more comfortable wasn't going to be passed up by Stoneheart. "Thanks... You're the bes--" She began, then started coughing once more.

"Are you sure it's wise to be standing so close? Not that I don't appreciate it, but I don't want you getting sick too." Stoneheart finally rasped, once the bout of coughing had subsided for the moment. She sniffed at the offered prey, though her nose was too stuffed up to really smell anything. "...I can't tell if I'm not hungry or if I'm just tired." She muttered.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: thicker than water [c]   thicker than water [c] Empty23/12/2023, 4:54 am

"You're my sister," Mistflower said simply. "What am I supposed to do? Let you sit here by yourself with nothing to do and no one to talk to?" She paused. "Or, well, talk to you, I guess... Still. That's not happening. Besides, I haven't gotten sick yet!"

She made a note to gather more feathers, and maybe some for the other sick cats' nests as well.

"So don't worry about me. Right now, it's my job to worry about you, okay?" Stoneheart sniffed at the prey, but didn't take so much as a single bite; and Mistflower hummed quietly in response. "Well, you're not going to feel any less tired if you don't eat anything, right?"

✿ kiikko

Last edited by Holly on 26/12/2023, 6:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: thicker than water [c]   thicker than water [c] Empty23/12/2023, 1:32 pm

Stoneheart found herself smiling softly at Mistflower's words. Around her she could let the stoic mask drop... Not that she had the energy for it, with being so ill. "The company is nice." She nodded, trying her best to stifle her coughing. "I wish we could go hunting or something... But I'll take sitting and talking." She mewed.

"I'll always worry about you, you're my sister." Stoneheart rebuked her gently, "And I want you to stay healthy if you can. This is... Kind of terrible, actually. Everything hurts, I feel like I could sleep for moons if I could stop coughing long enough." And that was no joke, though her sister's presence gave her the determination to try and keep her head up. "How are you doing?" These were strange times, and Stoneheart had little doubt that what few healthy Skyclanners there were were working their tails to the bone to do what they could. Smokepetal certainly was.

Mistflower's words rang true... She glanced at the fresh-kill, a soft sigh escaping her. "Yeah, I guess you're right." She mewed, stretching out a paw to pull the prey closer to her. Squirrel was usually her favorite... But for a moment all she could do was stare listlessly at it. She truly couldn't tell if the lack of appetite was from being so sick or so tired... Probably a combination of both. But food was important, and Smokepetal would probably tell her the same, so she would try, at least.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: thicker than water [c]   thicker than water [c] Empty26/12/2023, 6:34 pm

"Well, we'll worry about each other. That's alright, isn't it? I'm sure you're right that it's awful, but it would be worse otherwise! Like not having soft feathers. Uncomfortable nests are... Well, they're uncomfortable."

Mistflower blinked, surprised by the question about herself, and actually had to think for a moment.

"Um, well... I've been okay, I think? I haven't been sick, so that's good. Just kind of busy." It wasn't something she'd paid much mind to: there was just so many other things to deal with. Her own well-being wasn't really a point of consideration when her sister was sick. "I'm not as scared of hunting on my own anymore, or maybe it's just that everything else is scarier... I don't actually know. I haven't stopped to think about it."

✿ kiikko

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: thicker than water [c]   thicker than water [c] Empty27/12/2023, 5:00 am

While Stoneheart wasn't feeling well at all, her sister's voice was pleasant and soothing. It reminded her of home, and as Mistflower talked Stoneheart listened. It was nice to have the company, especially of family. In a place so unfamiliar it was comforting to be around what she knew, even if she was sitting there coughing between small mouthfuls of food.

"I guess we can." Her whiskers twitched, "That's what family's here for, isn't it? And yeah, uncomfortable nests are... well. Not enjoyable." She managed a wry smile. "I'm glad you're not sick, I know enough of us are. I feel bad for Smokepetal, it can't be easy to have this many cats at once to deal with. I don't want to take away anything from cats that might need it more, either." She was in no shape to refuse healing, she knew that logically of course, but she did still feel guilty about it.

"I wish I could be out exploring with you. These lands aren't familiar at all for anyone, how strange is that? I never thought we'd leave our territory after returning from fourtrees... I suppose that was rather optimistic of me."

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: thicker than water [c]   thicker than water [c] Empty9/1/2024, 9:00 am

"I never thought we'd leave, either." The forest was home; she'd never had reason to leave. She'd even talked with Dawnfeather about it, hadn't she? Back when she was still with them. Hearing tales of distant lands had been more than enough. "I didn't want to. Dawnfeather and I talked about it once, because I wanted to know what it was like. But I never wanted to leave. I knew that by the time we'd finished talking."

The Great Ridge overlooking distant lands was enough of a view. The stories were enough knowledge. She wanted the Moonlit Creek, shining underneath its namesake moonlight, and pretty feathers gathered from tree branches.

She wanted her sister to not be sick, and walking with her.

"It's pretty, though. Before we go home, when things are better, you should see it. I didn't know that much water existed. And I always liked the snow, so that doesn't bother me... But I do miss the company." She paused. "Well. I miss you, mostly. I never really needed company, just... Knowing someone's there. But it's different."

She looked down at her paws, and up at the sky, and back to her sister.

"Is there anything you want me to keep an eye out for, though? Just for you. Sister privileges."

✿ kiikko

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: thicker than water [c]   thicker than water [c] Empty15/1/2024, 6:17 am

Stoneheart nodded at her sister's words. "I miss home. This doesn't feel like it, even if I haven't exactly been able to do much lately." The mention of Dawnfeather made her smile a bit. "Of course you wouldn't want to, you're sensible. And cats call us boring for it." She sniffed.

"If they let me out of this foxing nest I'd love to go patrolling with you. What'd they call it, a... lake? Yeah, that much water sounds a little outrageous to me. But that can't be the whole territory, right? What's it like out there, Mist?" The idea of going for a nice walk in the snow sounded so nice... The snow had never really bothered Stoneheart with her thick fur. And it was pretty to look at, sometimes.

"Hmm... I don't know. I don't really want anything specific... There's got to be interesting things happening out there, right?" Her world had been confined to a nest for moons, slipping in and out of restless sleep and being given herbs she could not taste. Maybe, if the herbs wouldn't galvanize her into getting better, hearing about the new land Skyclan found themselves in would?

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thicker than water [c]   thicker than water [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

thicker than water [c]
Page 1 of 1