Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

healer knows best [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [SKC] Peatkit | [WC] Moosekit | [R] Grub Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 BT MC / T4 MC | [V]T5 Warrior | [GJ] T1 Rogue | [P] Kit | [M] Apprentice
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 4554

healer knows best [c] Empty
PostSubject: healer knows best [c]   healer knows best [c] EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 12:12 am

Firefly laid in a makeshift nest, ThunderClan in shambles around her. They made it, but at what cost? Everyone rasped and wheezed with effort, echoing her own sniffles and fever. Even the russet warriors fear of the wrath of StarClan couldn't suppress the thought that maybe - just maybe - they had been lead to their doom.

Her head lay on her paws as she watched Fawnshine pace back and forth, fiddling with herbs. While she agreed to be a test subject of sorts, she also had something to talk to Fawnshine about. But first, she would let the medicine cat do whatever it was that she needed to do. "...I'm sorry about last time. I know it's your job, but it's still a lot to have all of that dumped on you at once." Her lungs wheezed as she spoke, causing her brow to scrunch in irritation.

won't you shake a poor sinners hand?:

healer knows best [c] JPzjwJV healer knows best [c] JPzNeMg healer knows best [c] JGg2mwx healer knows best [c] JPzwPEb healer knows best [c] JPzwXQn

healer knows best [c] JcTsSP1  healer knows best [c] JcnAVnI healer knows best [c] JaZZNs4
click photos for profiles | sprites by Aspen!
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1477

PostSubject: Re: healer knows best [c]   healer knows best [c] EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 5:20 am

Fawn
shine
And did the twin flame bruise paint you blue?
"So you were never a saint and I've loved in shades of wrong. We learn to live with the pain, mosaic broken hearts."
Fawnshine creased her brows slightly in the reminder of the memory, shaking her head to let out a soft exhale despite flattening ears. "...You had no fault. Fate may treat us and the ones we love unfairly, whether we wish for it or not." She frowned. "Please don't worry yourself. I promise I wouldn't let another soul know of what had transpired—not unless you wanted me to. What happened shall remain between us only."

Seeing the she-cat wheeze with such pain made her tail flick sharply with concern, however. This sickness was like a haunting nightmare—and she couldn't wish faster for it to end. "Just take your time to chew through the herbs carefully and tell me how you feel afterward." With that, she handed Firefly a carefully articulated guess of herb mixtures; Burdockroot, Coneflower, Ragweed, Tormentil, Chamomile, Comfrey roots, and finally—Lavender. Stepping back, she held her breath in waited to guess to see if what she tried would be successful, or if she had been wrong in her calculations again, somewhere.

(ooc: For keeping track of TC's herb list:)

Ragweed x 27 (-1)
Tormentil x 31 (-1)
Burdockroot x 25 (-1)
Celandine x 17
Chamomile x 11 (-1)
Coneflower x 22 (-1)
Basil x 20
Lavender x 22 (-1)
Wild Garlic x 25
Sorrel x 25
Chervil x 15
Burnet x 9
Borage x 20
Comfrey x 14 (-1)
ft. Taylor Swift in
— State of Grace
healer knows best

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart

Last edited by Arcana on Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

Characters : Nightstalker - Rom wuz here <3
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan Warrior
Number of posts : 1155

PostSubject: Re: healer knows best [c]   healer knows best [c] EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 6:58 pm

Burdockroot - You try your proposed treatment on your patient, and find that you are Successful at temporarily alleviating the symptoms.

Lavender - You try your proposed treatment on your patient, and find that you are Successful at temporarily alleviating the symptoms.

Tormentil - You try your proposed treatment on your patient, and find that you are Successful at temporarily alleviating the symptoms.

Ragweed - You try your proposed treatment on your patient, and find that you are Successful at temporarily alleviating the symptoms.

Comfrey root - You try your proposed treatment on your patient, and find that you are Unsuccessful with your chosen medicine.

Chamomile - You try your proposed treatment on your patient, and find that you are Unsuccessful with your chosen medicine.

Coneflower - You try your proposed treatment on your patient, and find that you are Successful at temporarily alleviating the symptoms.

healer knows best [c] Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
Nightstalker Tier 5 Warrior of Shadowclan
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [SKC] Peatkit | [WC] Moosekit | [R] Grub Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 BT MC / T4 MC | [V]T5 Warrior | [GJ] T1 Rogue | [P] Kit | [M] Apprentice
Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: healer knows best [c]   healer knows best [c] EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 9:51 pm

The anxiety over breaching the topic after so long suddenly faded at Fawnshine's words. "Thank you, Fawnshine. Sincerely. I've been more trouble than I'm worth since I was but an apprentice... But yes, I think it best to keep that between you and I. Don't think I could handle being bullied by kits." She laughed, causing a wheeze to escape her. Whether Fawnshine knew it or not, Firefly held her in high regards - in her own way- much like Mottlestar did.

Chewing and swallowing the concoction Fawnshine provided the warrior, Firefly fell silent once again. It wasn't immediate, but she could feel a little more energy return to her as time passed. "Thank you, Fawnshine. I think something is working? I dont feel as weak as before." She stretched her paws, sheathing and unsheathing her claws. But not warrior strong.

It was a miserable thought that kept her tossing and turning ever since she first came down with this sickness. Something didn't feel right with her body, as though herbs couldn't cure it entirely - only provide her strength until the next day. While there was no doubt in her mind that any cat she's fought against would call her a strong warrior, Firefly felt as though her time was running out. Everytime she launched into anger it felt so drained. Maybe she was stressing her own heart out every time she leapt to anger and bloodshed. Or maybe it was the eternal burn across her face that was slowly catching up to her. Who knows. "Fawnshine... I'm sure you've done your best, but I have a feeling that after this sickness passes, another will always linger." Firefly continued to lay in the same place they had started, though this time her head was raised and turned to look elsewhere. Tears stung her eyes and she fought to continue, unwilling to squash the dream she always had of being ThunderClan's best and most loyal of warriors. "I think it's time I retire before it's too late." It wasn't so much of advice or an opinion she wanted from the medicine cat, but something akin to approval of some kind.

healer knows best [c] JPzjwJV healer knows best [c] JPzNeMg healer knows best [c] JGg2mwx healer knows best [c] JPzwPEb healer knows best [c] JPzwXQn

healer knows best [c] JcTsSP1  healer knows best [c] JcnAVnI healer knows best [c] JaZZNs4
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1477

PostSubject: Re: healer knows best [c]   healer knows best [c] EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 4:50 am

Fawn
shine
And did the twin flame bruise paint you blue?
"So you were never a saint and I've loved in shades of wrong. We learn to live with the pain, mosaic broken hearts."
Fawnshine nodded, a light flicker of amusement briefly passing through her eyes before they settled into being normal again. She raised a brow at Firefly's response, frowning slightly. Temporary again, it seemed. She doubted the actual cure to such a disease would be easily solved—much less alone. Perhaps I can depend more on Echosong for the latter.

Observing Firefly's usual, energetic, and fierce energy was normal for her; but this was not. For once, it was odd for the warrior to seem so... drained of her usual spite. Excluding their last meeting, that was. Frown deepening as the she-cat avoided her gaze, Fawnshine didn't force her to make eye contact—knowing the truth behind the bluntness of her words. "You're right," She nodded, not bothering to feign nativity; Fawnshine was anything but about the diseases.

But retirement? That especially caught her off guard.

"You wish to retire?" Her head instantly perked. "I... Firefly," Her eyes narrowed briefly; not out of anger or resentment, but simply sincerity laced with underlying confusion. "...If that is what you truly feel comfortable with doing, then I have no complaints. But I will say this, anyway," She took in a slow inhale. "You are, have been, and always will be one of ThunderClan's proudest warriors. No matter if determination drives you to overcome this sickness—which I selfishly wish for—I'll support your decision either way, as well as our clan." Fawnshine offered her a small smile.
ft. Taylor Swift in
— State of Grace
healer knows best

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: healer knows best [c]   healer knows best [c] EmptySun Dec 10, 2023 7:14 pm

Being met with confusion was something the russet warrior had expected. After all, it was such a sudden declaration. It had been a tough decision to make - one she didn't take lightly or make in the heat of the moment. She let the mollys words sink in, the words she had hoped for - the support she needed - washing over her like the warmth of a sunbeam.  She meant it, with all her heart and she hoped others responded like Fawnshine had.

She thought about Curflyfluff, her best friend. Maybe he would rejoice in her attempts to lay low and not cause trouble. Her shoulders shook with a huff of quick laughter. It was likely he would cry.

Just as quickly as her mind had gone to Curlyfluff, it turn to Acornstem. Would she fret over her? Maybe that wouldn't be so bad... Though it would be selfish to think the busy deputy would have time to check in on her, there was a glimmer of hope that she would. Speaking of Acornstem, she was the one Firefly felt the most compelled to tell. A bit of fear washed over her at the thought of the squirrel-like molly feeling disappointed in her somehow. But the decision was solid. For the sake of her own health, she needed to retire. "You have no idea how much I needed to hear that, truly. I had always hoped ThunderClan noticed how much I love them." Green eyes turned to mismatched ones, a warm but tired smile forming. "Thank you for your help with... Everything. I hope there's a cure for whatever plagues ThunderClan and her forest." It took less effort than before, a few of the herbs given to Firefly doing what they did best. "Whatever you've given me has at least given me the strength I need to visit one more cat before this is final. I hope our next meeting is one without herbs and sickness."

Though slow in her movements, she was steadier than she'd been since arriving at the lake.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: healer knows best [c]   healer knows best [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

healer knows best [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Southern Lake-
Jump to: