Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Strange Times [Birdstar]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw [H]oneykit [C]loudkit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Kit [C] WC/Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5715

Strange Times [Birdstar] Empty
PostSubject: Strange Times [Birdstar]   Strange Times [Birdstar] EmptyTue 21 Nov 2023 - 19:02

Beechfang was beginning to remember how much she hated crowds. After over a year of trying to avoid them, she had very much grown used to the quiet, even the relative quiet of one clan's camp instead of... All five, traveling together. She had been making do with trying to keep herself hidden from view - no easy task for a cat with unfortunately distinct scars who towered above most, even with clanmates around her size. Riverclan's presence was unnerving and the former medicine cat very much did not want to be spotted by them. It was, she thought, only a matter of time.

So naturally, movement out of the corner of her eye made the long-furred tabby jump, twisting to face who approached. Birdstar, she realized, with a sense of relief. "Hey," Beechfang greeted, dull eye returning to watching the clouds roll across the darkening sky in the distance. As the clans began to settle for the night, she found herself missing the familiar territory of home. At the same time, this journey was shaping up to be an interesting one, and not just because of her unwanted proximity to Riverclan.

"I came close to leaving the forest with Wolfstar when he left, wanting to find a better place for Skyclan to live." She mewed, "It feels strange to actually have left, now."

Skyclan Leader | Characters | Plotting

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
Stoneheart [Perma NPC]SkC
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2545

PostSubject: Re: Strange Times [Birdstar]   Strange Times [Birdstar] EmptySat 25 Nov 2023 - 23:29

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdstar

A conversation with Beechfang was long overdue. So, so many things needed discussed: Bloodfang's execution; Trufflesnap's. How she felt having raised a kit from apprentice to warrior for the first time since rejoining the Clan. How she felt knowing they would be marching far past Highstones, with RiverClan's suddenly impressive force of fully-grown warriors hardly two tree-lengths away at any moment. Say anything at all about Falconmoon, maybe. All of it was too late to bother addressing, though, opportunity lost either to bereavement's isolation or simply days that slid by too quickly. But, while Birdstar could not return to pivotal days of leaf-fall to speak her mind on them as they came and went, she could seek Beechfang out now. Each night since the journey began, she walked through SkyClan's ranks, ensuring everyone was still accounted for and no one had been injured or fallen ill. Tonight, her survey was put on momentary hiatus as her wandering steps became purposeful, guiding her to a familiar pelt ragged with scars.

Though she approached where she could be easily seen, Beechfang still startled at her pawsteps. The lines of Birdstar's mouth wouldn't lift far enough to create a smile, but the expression she offered was apologetic and soft. "Hi, mom," she murmured, settling down at Beechfang's side. Her attention traveled up as she sat, joining in watching the evening clouds crawl in. The sky was beautiful, but being in such open land with such a clear view of it made her fur itch. The discomfort of staring down the expanse was just sinking into her hackles when Beechfang spoke. Birdstar's ears flicked with mild surprise, offering only a wordless hum in response for several beats. She had only seen him in shadowed wisps at the corners of dreams since her ceremony, but she could imagine Wolfstar's face as clearly as if he'd walked beside her every day. He had, in a way, through the pulse of her heart and the love he swore would anchor her.

"It does." Birdstar mewed finally. "I've never imagined leaving the territory... even just spending a few moons in Fourtrees was nearly too much for me. This doesn't feel... real." She shook her pelt out like that would rid her of all discomfort and sorrow. Lowering her head, she looked back at Beechfang, studying the new signs of weather that had worked into her pelt since the green-leaf of her exile. Unbidden, Birdstar mewed, "He--Wolfstar said he was proud of you." She blinked twice quickly over her runaway tongue before the fleeting stun passed.  With a pang in her chest and a weighted breath, Birdstar turned away again. "At my leader ceremony... he gave me one of my lives. I- don't think I ever told you." Her tail swept close around her forelegs and she leaned her weight gently against Beechfang's side. "Is the irony bitter or comforting to imagine he's walking with us in Silverpelt?" She asked with a half-hearted huff of sardonic humor.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw [H]oneykit [C]loudkit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Kit [C] WC/Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5715

PostSubject: Re: Strange Times [Birdstar]   Strange Times [Birdstar] EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 16:07

Birdstar's apologetic expression was easily waved off by the ragged warrior, returning her daughter's gaze with a weary smile of her own.

"No," She agreed, gently pressing against her daughter's pelt. "We'll survive this too, though." If there was one thing Skyclan knew, it was surviving. "A life in fourtrees... That sounds so much worse." It sounded horrible and miserable. Not that traveling unfamiliar territory in such close proximity to a clan who very much did not know of her existence was any less so, but at least they were not cooped up in the confines of fourtrees.

A tattered ear twitched at her daughter's words. "Proud of me?" Beechfang shook her head, a soft laugh escaping her, "The only one who gave him more grief was Dawnhawk... Delusional old tom. I wish I could go back and do things differently..." She lapsed into silence again for a moment, allowing Birdstar to speak once more. Wolfstar had been old when he'd left, though some part of her had always hoped for him to have found somewhere nice to live out his days, if not return to bring his clan to that fabled land of peace without the rest of the forest to weigh them down. Part of her had known he would wind up among the stars in the end. Her bouts of optimism rarely lasted long enough to allow her to believe otherwise. "Both, I suppose... I expected as much would happen eventually." Another claimed by the stars, like so much of the rest of their family.

"How are you holding up?" She asked, gaze turning from the sky above to Birdstar's lined face.

Skyclan Leader | Characters | Plotting

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWC
T5 Elder
#702fd8
SwandiveRC
T3 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpawSC
App
#867b6b
HoneykitSkC
Kit
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudkit [Bonus]WC
Kit
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
Stoneheart [Perma NPC]SkC
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange Times [Birdstar]   Strange Times [Birdstar] Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange Times [Birdstar]
Page 1 of 1