Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Words Bitter Like Saltwater [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon; [B]lazekit
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; RC T5; RC T5; Rogue T1; WC App
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 3128

Words Bitter Like Saltwater [C] Empty
PostSubject: Words Bitter Like Saltwater [C]   Words Bitter Like Saltwater [C] EmptySun 19 Nov 2023 - 22:09

Larkspring

Gingerstripe told Larkspring that an apology was a good way to start for fixing problems with his clanmates, but….was that really a good idea? He had not spoken with Dovepaw since he threw him out of the apprentice den. It was awkward when Dovepaw did get his apprentice name and joined the den; Larkspring was glad to move out when he got his warrior name. But the problem would only continue when Dovepaw got his warrior name, and the longer he left these problems to simmer…the worse they will be. He knew that. Bitterly.

Plus, when he remembered the quiet apology that Perchstar had given him at his ceremony and how light he had felt to finally hear those words…well. Even if it was still hard to completely accept that Larkspring was entirely in the wrong…He knew that Perchstar was not entirely in the wrong either, and she had apologized to him. He owed it to Dovepaw, as aggravating as that thought was.

He found Dovepaw after the clans took a rest for the day. He sat in front of him and looked at the apprentice; he was not trying to look intimidating, but it was kind of his default look, especially by being taller than Dovepaw. Larkspring was quiet for a moment as he gathered the courage to actually spit the words caught in his throat.

“I apologize for my poor behavior in the past,” he finally said. “I treated you badly, and was too harsh with your sister. I’m sorry.”

Larkspring then swiftly stood, ready to leave immediately after delivering the words. It was difficult to pull the words from himself, but he did hope that they were received well.
RiverClan • T1 Warrior • He/Him • 30 | 80 • #787878
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
#6abcde
RashoumonT1 Rogue
35HP/80EP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
PoppystarT5 RiverClan Leader
70HP/200EP
BlazekitWindClan Kit
10HP/20EP
#ff6600
(not pictured)
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchbreeze [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: ShadowClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T4 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan T3 Warrior.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6866

PostSubject: Re: Words Bitter Like Saltwater [C]   Words Bitter Like Saltwater [C] EmptyWed 27 Dec 2023 - 22:32

Tired. Exhausted. Plodding, one step after the other. This journey was taking everything out of Dovepaw. Every waking moment, he tried to keep an eye on his siblings--because they were all he had left at this point. His home, the only one he'd ever known, was being torn away from him. Everything he'd taken for granted whisked away just like that. Pigeonpaw, Swanpaw, Ravenpaw, Owlcall... they were all he had, now. He would hold them close. His Clanmates and others were good too, and he found himself spending a few moments of rest with Murkyripple every now and again, but if he stopped to rest or think about himself then he would start to shake. This was all too horrible to bear thinking about. So he just... didn't. If he didn't think about it then it wouldn't affect him.

But even he had to stop eventually. The Clans were taking a brief break, and after a quick glance to make sure all of his siblings were still in place, Dovepaw slumped against the base of a tree. Rough bark pressed into the soft fur of his shoulders. His eyes slipped closed. His heaving breaths slowly began to calm. Then, he was interrupted... by a voice he'd always tried to avoid.

Pale blue eyes shot open to see Larkpaw--no, Larkspring now. He'd just gotten his name, hadn't he? He'd been out of camp at the time, searching in vain for prey in the beech copse. Of course, he had mostly shrugged the news off, since so many of the other apprentices had gotten their names. Most of the ones who were older than him, in fact. He'd never been able to shake the rumble of anger that arose in the pit of his stomach whenever he saw the dark-furred tom, and now was no exception. Slights against himself he could forgive, even if it had been the first time he'd truly experienced fear. But what he'd done to Pigeonpaw, and the way he'd acted after? Well, it would be difficult not to hate the tom. However, Larkspring had... approached him. Which was odd. They never spoke. They would occasionally glare at each other across camp, and communicate only in terse sentences if forced to patrol together. So why would the tom come intentionally to speak to him?

Dovepaw could have guessed a million reasons. However, the only one he would not have guessed was an apology.

"I’m sorry.”

He blinked. Had... had he heard that right? The tom who so stubbornly refused to even talk or discuss was... apologizing? His first impulse was to ask for Larkspring to repeat himself, since obviously he must be mishearing. But he shoved it down, choosing instead to tilt his head slightly as he considered the warrior before him. He'd reflexively hated the tom for so long that hearing the words was almost jarring. As a kit, he'd waved the then-apprentice off as a menace, a danger, an enemy to the Clan. Though that had been amended as he grew older and more nuanced, he'd still disliked the tom and been wary of his every action. But the sincerity, even gruff and begrudging, was a new look. He'd never seen this side of Larkspring before. Was it real? Well, there was no way he'd say the words in jest. Had he... really changed? Or perhaps someone else had put him up to it?

Dovepaw tried, but found that he could not truly feel angry at the tom as before. Perhaps it really had just been a kittish argument between two toms too young to understand themselves and their emotions. Though he wouldn't be prepared to call the tom a friend, maybe he wasn't so bad a Clanmate, after all. Maybe bonds could be mended... eventually. "Thank you," he said, allowing the surprise in his tone to be tempered by unfeigned honesty. "I appreciate that. I acted... hastily as well. I was wrong to insult you in the way that I did." Though directing anything but a glare towards the tom felt odd, like trying to eat water instead of drink it, he offered a hesitant but real smile. "I apologize also."

⸙ Larchbreeze ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ ShadowClan ○
⸙ Tier 3 Warrior ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 4 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Signature and Avatar by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon; [B]lazekit
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; RC T5; RC T5; Rogue T1; WC App
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 3128

PostSubject: Re: Words Bitter Like Saltwater [C]   Words Bitter Like Saltwater [C] EmptyFri 29 Dec 2023 - 12:01

Larkspring

Larkspring stopped when Dovepaw repeated an apology in return. His body stiffened. He felt as surprised by the apology as he had when Perchstar had apologized to him. Was Gingerstripe really right, that it was just his grating personality that had caused him such problems?

He didn’t quite turn around, but his head shifted slightly to the side to address him. “…thank you. And you…you can still correct me, when I act out of line. I need correcting sometimes.” Another pause of uncertainty and then he carefully added, “It is difficult to get training with everyone busy as they are. If you ever need someone to supervise a hunt, or you need practice with a spar…I…can do that.”
RiverClan • T1 Warrior • He/Him • 30 | 80 • #787878
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
#6abcde
RashoumonT1 Rogue
35HP/80EP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
PoppystarT5 RiverClan Leader
70HP/200EP
BlazekitWindClan Kit
10HP/20EP
#ff6600
(not pictured)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Words Bitter Like Saltwater [C]   Words Bitter Like Saltwater [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

Words Bitter Like Saltwater [C]
Page 1 of 1