Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [R]Grub | [R] Grun Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 BT MC / T4 MC | [G]T4 Rogue | [GJ] T1 Rogue [V]T5 Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 4496

upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] Empty
PostSubject: upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c]   upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] EmptySun 19 Nov 2023 - 17:17

Feral language
Forest language

Eyes were turned to the sparkle of the stars overhead as one thought in particular sat front and center in his mind: did any of the feral children care for their heritage? The warrior had observed his sister and Quailprowler flanking the Mother of ThunderClan during their long journey, casting wary glances and whispering into her mottled ears. Did they speak to her in the forest's tongue, or had they shared their roots with the tiny leader or did they toss it aside like carrion?

Umber eyes dragged lazily from the sky to where the leader had taken rest. To his surprise, the two stooges were nowhere to be found. Taking this opportunity to speak directly to the source and answer the question burning in his mind, Vinecrawler stood. Large paws scrapped noisily along the earth in an attempt to not spook her in the dead of night. "Mottlestar, may I approach?"

won't you shake a poor sinners hand?:

upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] JGgdMsS upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] JGg3TFt  upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] JGg3GK7 upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] JGg2WjR

upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] JcTsSP1  upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] JcnAVnI upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] Grub_f10upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] JaZZNs4
click photos for profiles | sprites by Aspen!

Last edited by Flybot on Tue 21 Nov 2023 - 22:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4941

PostSubject: Re: upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c]   upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] EmptySun 19 Nov 2023 - 17:49

Mottlestar
“May the stars light our paths.”

When looking towards the sky as a kit, it was impossible not to be filled with a strange concoction of awe and wonder. Thoughts of just what it was like to exist among the stars had filled her imagination. How her parents fared, what they thought of her and who she had become. Daydreams had turned into silent prayers, into countless mindless thoughts and dreams that she had simply walked through her life with. As she looked to the stars tonight, it was sinking into her just how much that had changed.

A small frown tugged at the edges of her maw as she looked at the stars that night. What had once been blind faith had been tested, time and time again, and had turned sour. Though she firmly believed it was the will of the stars to lead them away from their homes, a strong part of her cursed at the fact it had come to this. What had they done to bring such a wrath down onto their homes? What could they have done to repent-to prevent this travesty? She looked towards the skies to see the flicker of light. Some sort of confirmation that Pricklebush, Morningsun... anyone who was on her side and looking out for her was up there. But there was no signal. She doubted there would be for a long time.

So she acted without the direction of the stars. Moved towards the way she thought was the best regardless of their confirmation. She had to keep her Clan alive, and this was the best choice that she knew. However, it also meant exhausting decisions. Choices she was questioning herself on every step of the way. It left her particularly deep in the throes of her mind, only to be pulled out by a singular voice calling towards her.

Whipping her head quickly in the direction of the voice, it took minimal effort to recognize just who it was. An unmistakable golden-tinged fur that spoke in a slightly off tongue. "Of course, Vinecrawler. You seem to have a question on your mind... prey for your thoughts?" Her head tilted. It took her only a moment to be able to nudge a small vole his way, motioning for him to sit or lay near her.

code by kiiko • edited by kitty

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c]   upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] EmptyTue 21 Nov 2023 - 22:10

Feral language
Forest language

For a very brief moment, Vinecrawler was tempted to withdraw from the conversation he had already started. Not because her words stirred fear or anxiety in him, but because he only noticed far too late that the ThunderClan leader might have been using her alone time to to be... Well. Alone. Her eyes had been turned to the twinkling stars above as though searching them for answers he knew she would never receive, from gods who picked and choosed when to speak. And when they did, it was just riddles. Though he couldn't really complain when those riddles freed him from the limited expanse of ThunderClan territory. Anyway, it was too late to leave the molly to her thoughts as her eyes left the stars and turned to look into his directly, her surprise only lasting half a heartbeat before returning to a (what he believed to be) kind expression. "...prey for your thoughts?" His ears perked, eyes moving on to the prey she offered him with no hesitation. An uneven purr escaped him. What a wonderful, gracious, benevolent leader she was! He wasn't going to ask for anything, and yet here she was giving him gifts? It was no wonder she was well like amongst the clan and especially Hank. No other position was more fitting for her than the one she held now.

"If you're sure, then I will gladly accept your offering. Praise!" He was already a large tom, but laying next to Mottlestar made him look massive. If he had cared enough, he would have pushed her to eat the vole in the off chance it helped her grow any bigger. For now, he was starving. Jaws opened to consume what little meat the vole had, opting to crunch it's bones in his teeth. He would not waste a single piece.

Licking his maw clean, he lifted his head to finally saw what he came here for. "You walk alongside Crocuspaw and Quailprowler... Do they speak our mother tongue with you? If so, do you know what they say?" One final lick of his chops and he continued, "Whispered secrets could cause..." While he spoke the forest's language just fine, he still stumbled on words from time to time. "...Bad things. It would sadden me if you stopped getting along with my kin." Truthfully, he didn't actually care if they got along. Their relationship was not his business, just as his own relationships weren't theirs. Any excuse to ingrain his feral roots within ThunderClan was a good one. Sageroot had been the first to be willing to learn, and he would not be stopping there. If ThunderClan's Mother spoke the feral tongue, it would set the other feral litters up for success instead of distain. Whatever she didn't know, he would teach her well.

Brown eyes turned to her expectantly, no other emotion other than a genuine curiosity peeked through.

upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] JGgdMsS upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] JGg3TFt  upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] JGg3GK7 upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] JGg2WjR

upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] JcTsSP1  upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] JcnAVnI upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] Grub_f10upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] JaZZNs4
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c]   upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] EmptyThu 23 Nov 2023 - 19:08

Mottlestar
“May the stars light our paths.”

It was the universal sound of either self-soothing or joy to hear such a rumble come from a cat's throat, and judging by Vinecrawler's body language, she would have bet the rest of her lives on the purr being of the latter emotion. She could not help but let out a joyous chuff of her own to see such excitement rise to her clanmate's face. Truth be told, it had always been a love-language of hers to give gifts to her clanmates. It was an easy way to get them to trust her, yes, but she also simply loved seeing the joy that registered on their features whenever she provided such a gesture. What hadn't registered into her mind until moments later, however, was just how important of a gift prey was. Her stomach silently rumbled at her in protest for giving away what should have been her meal, but thankfully, it couldn't be heard over her own purr of satisfaction. She would have much rather given it to one of her clanmates. After all, she had a spare life or two she could pull on if she absolutely had to.

She was more than used to being dwarfed by the cats she was around. Thunderclan was not filled with as-large of felines as Skyclan was, but ever since Aurelia, Hank, and Sleet had spent their time in Thunderclan, she'd gotten more used to it. Spending time training Quailprowler and Crocuspaw in particular meant she was used to being in their company. But for what she lacked in her own size, she certainly made up for in mutual respect. After all, it would have been painfully easy to use their size advantage against her if they wanted, but she had never ran into such an issue. There had been times she'd come close... dark times that she did not want to think much about. Times she hoped she moved on from.

Her whiskers twitched at the quiet crunch! of the vole's bones. It was simply a sound that she did not often hear, but given how little nutrition they had to go around, it was probably smart to take advantage of whatever could be gained from consuming every part of the creature. She simply didn't have the jaw strength for such a feat, unfortunately. But her eyes still glowed with a happiness of her own. It was a gift certainly well-received, and that was what mattered more to her. Mottlestar's head tilted to the side as Vinecrawler spoke his thoughts, upholding his side of the bargain they had struck. Their native tongue? She had perhaps heard it muttered under their breaths a time or two, but had never put too much thought into it. Crocuspaw had come a long way in learning the Forest language, and Quailprowler had taken to it naturally.

"Truth be told, I have not heard it much from either of them." She admitted. Her head stayed tilted, and she nodded at what he implied. "Though, I would lie if I said I had not been curious myself. I had wanted to learn your tongue. Still do, truth be told, but I worry because it is not my heritage, it is not my place to encroach." Thinking aloud, Mottlestar allowed herself to be open. It was a hard lesson learned for her that it would be easier in the end. "I strongly hope I have not made any actions to make it seem as if any of you cannot use your mother tongue. If I have... I truly apologize. I do not want any of you to feel you cannot uphold your culture." Sincerity thickly wove itself into her words as she looked right into the brown eyes that had looked at her with a semblance of expectation of their own. If anything, she was enamored by the idea of another culture existing-one that could be passed onto their kin, and coincide with their forest life. So many different personalities culminating under the singular path of Starclan had been particularly interesting before, she was surprised that an event like this hadn't happened within Thunderclan sooner. Or perhaps it had, and it was a time it was less accepted.

That was a future she did not want to entertain. If anything, she wanted to allow her Clanmates to speak in their tongue, and honor their lineage, whether it be Thunderclan or that of beyond the forest.

code by kiiko • edited by kitty

Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c]   upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] EmptyWed 13 Dec 2023 - 22:12

Sandy ears perked as he listened to Mottlestar with the intensity he had once given his father the day he disappeared - hanging onto her every word as though she herself was telling him about Gekala for the first time. She spoke with confidence and a sincerity he was not used to, but found he craved. The forest cats were not always one to speak gently to him or even regard him as more than a simple beast. He admired how her words flowed with ease. How she seemed respected hi, regardless of her status that loomed far above his. He held her gaze comfortably, nodding along. "My father was not one to withold history of heritage or cultures of any kind, and I strive to be like him and welcome all who wish to learn. Especially those who openly respect cats who hold different values."

He remembered every word of that day, clinging on especially to one long winded explaination in particular: "Imagine another clan wanted you to join their ranks, but you also wanted to stay a part of ThunderClan. It would be hard to trust someone who can't choose one life to live, especially if a war were to break out between the shared clans. They will want your undivided attention, or they will not want you at all. You have free will to choose who you will follow: StarClan or Gekala, but you will be expected to choose one or the other in the end." It was a hard thing to tell ones children, but Hank had been an honest tom to all.

Vinecrawler watched his siblings choose their side, never truly looking over their shoulders at what could be. Not even Aurelia or Sleets litters seem to have chosen to follow Gekala. He hated it, but he did try to understand that they were told they had to choose or be forgotten entirely. "Since you have been honest with me, I shall be honest with you: I am bitter that Crocuspaw has chosen to follow you and the ways of StarClan. But I would never go as far as to hate her, you or ThunderClan in any way. 'They will want your undivided attention, or they will not want you at all.' Harsh words from our father, but it is the truth. I can see it in my clanmates eyes when I stray from the path laid out by the forests own gods. But I have made up my mind and dreamed of the place father used to live instead of starry plains... I cannot go back. Nor would I ever want to. I feel at peace with my decisions. I hope one day the others find that peace as well." The feral tom had no true friends, not that he ever really tried. But he didn't cast as harsh a judgement as the others had on him just for being born. "To quell your fears, you are not trespassing any lines by wanting to learn. In fact, I encourage it and want you to understand us at a level most would not 'stoop' to." Just as the Mother of ThunderClan had laced her own words with sincerity, Vinecrawler's own were returned with the exact same. He wanted her to understand his kin. To understand Crocuspaw and Quailprowler. To hold onto whatever he could salvage of his slowly dying religion in a place that closed its eyes and turned its back on anything new or foreign. "It would be an honor to teach you, Mottlestar. We can start with the basics or for something more intense, if you're in the mood for it."

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c]   upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] EmptyWed 20 Dec 2023 - 8:59

The tortoiseshell found a strong sense of comfort coming from the fact that Vinecrawler welcomed her curiosity. She had not put nearly as much time as she would have hoped into learning the culture that had been passed onto Hank's kits, nor of Aurelia or Sleet. She knew they held different values than that of the forest, than of Starclan, and it had been a particularly interesting learning curve for her to deal with as she had to sort out the ideas of there being another place other than Starclan. She had been raised amongst the stars for her entire life, and it had always been as simple as either one believed in them, or they did not.

Her heart panged at the bitterness that Vinecrawler expressed, but it was one that she nodded in understanding towards. "Belief in the heritage that your kin shared with you is rare and precious amongst a forest that walk the life of a belief in Starclan, so I fully understand how you feel, Vinecrawler. I appreciate your candor." She began with, dipping her head with respect out of Vinecrawler's opinion. After all, though she held the mantle of a crown that gave her title much above the younger warrior, she would always bow in respect to the honest truth. She had learned, in the harshest of ways, what holding the truth could cost. Life lessons that had been told to her, but never taken to heart. "I appreciate your strength, as well, for sticking to your beliefs when many around you do not share them. I would find difficulty, and a need to fit in, so you posses a strength greater than my own in that regard." Another commendation, delivered on the platform of sincerity. Flattery was far from Mottlestar's current tongue with her clanmates, as she found it much better to only deliver a compliment where it was truly owed when her word represented the law.

Her head tilted to the side, though, as she mulled over one phrase. They want your undivided attention, or they will not want you at all. Such settled wrongly with her. "Though, I must say... I feel there could be room for both, Vinecrawler. I do not pretend to understand your culture: It would be a mockery of me to do so. However, should you ever seek to more thoroughly understand the path of the stars while holding reverence and respect to your heritage, I would be honored to show you a world where both may fit. I also would not be remotely offended if you deny my offer and walk the path you choose, as I know your loyalty stays to your home without the guidance of our stars." Another tilt of her head in respect.

However, her ears perked with an intrigue as he offered to teach her. "I would love to begin with the basics. Much as I would love to say I could delve into the complex, I want to do right by your heritage and your father and learn from the ground-up so I do not learn anything incorrectly by being too hasty." It had been a long time since she had truly learned anything, and the opportunity brought a spark to her amber gaze. Her mind raced with just what it was that Vinecrawler may begin with, but she reigned the youthful anticipation in and forced it to morph into patience.

Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c]   upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] EmptyFri 22 Dec 2023 - 17:00

Feral language
Forest language

While Vinecrawler did appreciate that Mottlestar was trying to include him in her clans religion, he couldn't agree with her that there could ever be room for both. Gods were fickled in their ways, and he was sure StarClan already cursed him for the way he did things. Dustpaw and Beetlechaser were mercy kills, but StarClan would not have condoned that. Gekala, however, celebrated in his mercy. His empathy for the weak. Where Gekala praised him, he knew gods outside of his reach stirred uncomfortably and cursed him. They would never be able to exist in harmony. That was just the way of the world. One could, however, know of other gods and respect others choices and freedoms in worshipping them without ever having to choose between them. "I will have to deny any acceptance of StarClan, but I will not turn away from learning more about them. The path I walk is set in stone. Unwavering. As I'm sure yours is. Learning why you choose to follow them and how you came to be in the position you are interests me greatly." He knew having -star after your name was akin to offering yourself up entirly to StarClan. At the moment, Mottlestar was in their service; maybe even at their mercy. Beyond that, he knew very little other than the Warrior Code he was told to follow - and failed to do so in most aspects.

His smile mirrored that of his fathers: unnerving and bordering uncanny. But it was a smile that held joy and excitment at the Mother of ThunderClan's interest in officially learning about the feral heritage. He loved sharing it with whoever would listen, but his studen being Mottlestar? He could barely keep his tail from thumping the ground like a playful kit. Where would he start? Perhaps teaching her how to say some simple phrases would be ideal, and lead that into the basics of the three gods.

Slowly, he pronounced each basic feral phrase and listened patiently as she repeated after him. There was no shame in not getting it right the first few times, but it did seem as though the accent was very close to the one used in the feral tongue. Perhaps it was being around Crocuspaw these days that aided in that. He made sure to give extra practice to the basic greetings both formal and informal versions of greetings and sayings, listed names for both prey and predators, and then onto the names of the gods in the feral tongue. The stars had only just began to sparkle, and the moon only half in the sky when they had begun. Now, the moon shone high and bright with stars that twinkled more intensely. Both didn't seem to mind, though. "You are a quick learner. There is much more to teach, but I believe we've covered the biggest hurdles for now; I enjoy the way you speak my language. Like you are singing a lullaby." Now was time for the largest part of what he was the most excited to teach: the three harmonious gods that held Gekala in their claws as a whole. It was much too soon for him to speak solely in feral. He really wanted this to stick; who knew when the opportunity to speak with Mottlestar like this would ever come again?

"In my world, there are multiple beings who exist to make the world function as it should: The God of Life who is the Sun, the God of Death who is the Moon, and the God of Now who is a constant - the world around us that lives and breaths.

The God of Life - the Sun - is there to give your body the soul that rests within your flesh, who is there only in birth to guide you safely into the paws of The Now.

The God of Now - just like its name sake - is with you always, watching what you do in the land of the living under creation of the Sun. It is usually referred to as being like the ocean, in that it holds both Life and Death in its maw. It follows without judgement, never to save or guide you, leaving all your choices as your own. The God of Now is present in all living things around you from being as small as the rustling of leaves on trees, to the harsh beating of waves against stone. In all things, it is there to remind you that you are not alone even when it cannot speak to you. It watches for a prayer of thanks for every scrap of prey you eat, every harsh battle won, and every life taken. These small thanks may put in a good word for you for a good afterlife, proof that you have been diligent in your faith. That word is passed along to the God of Death.

Now, the God of Death - the Moon - is only present when either your own soul or the soul of another is ready to rejoin the earth and be born anew. Death may be scary, but a life that isn't ready to be taken will not be reaped.

You are given a choice should it be your turn away from the earth: be reborn or be guided to Gekala for an eternal afterlife amongst kin. There, there is no sickness or hunger. No real wars to be fought. Gekala rests in the very center of all three, every aspect of your life recorded for the endless forest that will greet you should you be granted that eternal peace."
There was a long silence after that, his thoughts deep within Gekala lore.

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c]   upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] EmptyWed 27 Dec 2023 - 7:47

Forest language
Feral language

There would be no push from the tortoiseshell leader for Vinecrawler. He was firm in his decisions to follow the path that his kin lay for him, and though her offer would always remain, she would respect his choice, too. A slight dip of her head indicated as much, as she understood where he came from. It was no small ask to turn away from one's beliefs, and it was the turning away that often led cats towards the path to the Dark Forest. Though, she wondered-would that be where Vinecrawler would rest? No, it would require a belief in the stars for that to happen. Perhaps he would go to where they called the Mists, and for a heartbeat, Mottlestar wondered if that may be where Gekala truly resided.

Blinking away her thoughts as they began, the tortoiseshell dedicated herself as much as she would to any other type of training. Certain phrases and sounds particularly tripped her up, but as she learned them, it was hard to bat away the pride that seized in her chest. It was part of her own challenge to mimic the natural accent as much as possible, separating her mind from the native tongue of the forest to Vinecrawler's to be able to best articulate in the way the words should have been formed. Though it was far from perfect, she would work to get it to be as close as possible to flawless. For Vinecrawler. For Quailprowler. For Crocuspaw. They deserved as much from Mottlestar to honor their lineage as their leader.

"Thank you." Though she wanted to say more, she didn't want to rush her progress. The least she could do was show her gratitude.

Her mind once more wandered to her earlier theory of Gekala as Vinecrawler spoke of his Gods. Every word she listened to intently, as if she was being told about Starclan all over again. "It is not so different from Starclan, then. Instead of Gods, we follow our Ancestors. Our kin and clanmates of the forest who have passed on, and done noble deeds to find themselves among Silverpelt-among the stars. But they watch us in all elements, too. It is why we too give thanks for our prey, or turn to them for help, for answers. However, I have not personally heard of a cat joining Silverpelt and once more coming down again, but I truly respect that element of life in Gekala. A second, or even multitudes more... another chance to walk this forest is precious. I respect that." Another dip of her head, and her head tilted. "What would be the proper way to speak of your Gods in Gekala? How would you refer to the God of Death, for example, in paying homage to a member of kin who has passed? Or prey who has given their life to let you keep living?"

Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c]   upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] EmptyThu 4 Jan 2024 - 12:20

Feral language
Forest language

Vinecrawler reciprocated that intensity to learn as Mottlestar explained StarClan to him. While they shared some aspects, they were not the same in the end. He supposed most religions involving gods or ancestors would share something.

To the question of how one would speak to Gekala, Vinecrawler shook his head. "We do not commune with the gods as you do. Unless you are a seer, we will never see their true forms until it is time to enter Gekala. We can only pray to them and in turn they will stir the world around us to ensure we don't lose faith. They are always with us, in some form or another; I would assume that to be why you have your medicine cats. Only they can truly speak to your ancestors. I am not a seer, nor is there a seer present in this forest, which does sadden me. Perhaps one of my own children will be born with the power of a seer, but my kin so far has not been granted that." He hummed a bit, wondering if he ever would have kids. And with who? It would never be a cat with full blood of the forest, so it would have to be another feral. His thoughts turned to romantic love... But he had no idea what that even felt like. "I am sorry to change the subject - we can continue with the talk of religion if this makes you uncomfortable - but... What does love feel like? How would one know that they are in love?"

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c]   upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] EmptyMon 8 Jan 2024 - 17:34

As Vinecrawler once more explained, the leader would dip her head in agreement. However, even as she did, there were reservations of doubt that eddied at the back of her mind. Some days, it certainly felt like Silverpelt was nothing more than a twinkling sky of light, rather than their ancestors looking upon them. She didn't always feel that comforting otherness that most described, especially the most devout of her clanmates. How could she? There had been so many trials tossed in her way, forced to make her trip or otherwise fail that it'd be impossible to have full faith in the stars. Though, faith was best when it was tested. So certainly... they'd pull through at some point, right? The only consolation that she could easily seek was the fact that there was in fact a tom up there in the stars attempting to defy their stupidest of wills at any given moment, who was waiting desperately to get his paws on whatever trigger it was that allowed a crack of lightning to split from the heavens and teach the cat on the receiving end a rather painful lesson.

Her head tilted as he mentioned the idea of a seer. "Should one show those gifts, I will ensure they are respected and nourished." She made the gentle promise as he hummed, the note seeming to keep the air warm with friendliness.

Once his question slipped his maw, though, Mottlestar couldn't help but blink with surprise. Of all things for the tom to ask about, he inquired about love? A few moments of pondering shed light upon the situation. His father, Hank, had an untimely departer during his youth. Not to mention that his mother had hardly survived kitting long enough to ensure her children would survive, a likely disastrous after-effect of who she had taken as her mate. Stars, Mottlestar herself had struggled with kitting her last litter of kits, and she was thankful that they all grew to be healthy with her there to watch over them. So it made sense to her that Vinecrawler, unfortunately, had no proper role model for what love would be. As leader, she presumed that did make her one of the next-best in terms of qualifications, but it was a much trickier topic than she'd anticipated. She had never given much thought to what love was like, or how she knew it was what she felt in her chest.

"That is... admittedly, not an easy question to answer." She contemplated out loud, her head almost fully tilting as she pondered her answer. "Love is a... rightness that you feel in your soul. You do not question it; for it is either there, or it is not. A warmth that never leaves when you think of a certain cat." Mottlestar nodded as she continued, but her paws rippled as she half-kneaded the ground as an idea came through her mind. "Love is knowing that, even if the worst happened, you would hesitate to take their life. Vicious, but, it is a primal example." A firmer nod as she made that statement. "To know if you are in love... you feel a pull towards that cat. They are on your mind when other things should be or more pressing matters could take that space; you wish to be around them out of all other options of company. When you are with them, things feel right. There is a feeling of being settled, calmed, very deep down that you cannot find elsewhere. Love can take many forms, though." She was quick to note, and her head tilted the other way. "There is the love of romance, whose warmth is much more like a deep, burning flame. There is the love of a friend, which is the gentle warmth of the Sunningrocks back in the forest. There is the love of kin, whose warmth is not so much a warmth but a steadiness that never wavers, much like stone."

Though her gaze had gone a little distant, it honed back in as she blinked a few times. "Apologies. It is not an easy topic to discuss, as there is no... simple answer. I hope that gives some idea, though? Other than what my mother always told me, which was, 'you'll know love when you feel it.' Much less helpful, if you ask me."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c]   upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

upon a pedestal, a goddess reigns [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Starfall Territory-
Jump to: