Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Have We Met Before, Curious Soul? [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1478

Have We Met Before, Curious Soul? [c] Empty
PostSubject: Have We Met Before, Curious Soul? [c]   Have We Met Before, Curious Soul? [c] EmptySun 12 Nov 2023 - 1:13

Fawn
shine
And did the twin flame bruise paint you blue?
"So you were never a saint and I've loved in shades of wrong. We learn to live with the pain, mosaic broken hearts."
Dawn was still shining its earliest rays down upon the earth when Fawnshine set foot out of camp, diluted ears perking at the sound of birds twitter and chatter. Too much trouble had clouded her mind; excessive fatigue-inducing duties weighing down her shoulders to have been forced to seek a temporary escapade and shelter for the sake of her peace. Not even for once did the stars seem to leave her alone, to simply be and not bear the heavy responsibility of being a whole clan's medicinal expert combined with haunting prophetic dreams.

Exhaling deeply, Fawnshine settled by the edge of their woodland territory. Her brows furrowed in distress as she gazed down upon her reflection mirroring herself from the small pool of water beneath her paws, suddenly unsettled. Before she could be fully lost in thought—instinctive caution led her to be alert; lifting her head with pinned ears from scenting a strangely unfamiliar, yet familiar scent.

A loner.

Tentatively, she pulled herself up, tail flicking sharply in defense. "Show yourself," she demanded, usually gentle voice turned stern at the sight of something pale brown flashing by.
ft. Taylor Swift in
— State of Grace
have we met before, curious soul?

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
Lampy

Lampy

Characters : Tarot | Greypaw- | Plague | Sootpaw*
Clan/Rank : Tarot: Tier 3/Loner | Plague: Tier 1/Loner
Pisces Goat
Number of posts : 224

PostSubject: Re: Have We Met Before, Curious Soul? [c]   Have We Met Before, Curious Soul? [c] EmptySun 12 Nov 2023 - 1:49

Have We Met Before, Curious Soul? [c] Tarot_2nd_Banner

{ Text Colour: #72376a }

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ||-------|| ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

He had been about to enter Thunderclan's land after being interrupted the day before, only to hear movement beyond the border. Nose twitching he picked up the fresh scent of a thunderclanner and... herbs? Regardless he darted into a bush soundlessly just as they approached the edge of the territory, watching quietly from the shadows with curious eyes. Though, as the wind shifted they caught his scent. Belatedly pulling his tail back into the shadows, he sighed quietly. He supposed today wouldn't go as planned either.

As the tom was called out he didn't bother hiding any longer, he had already figured out this particular clanner was a medicine cat. Slowly he padded out of the shadows, scarred visage lifting slightly in the light of the dawn. His sharp violet gaze remained on the feline. The loner moved to stand before her, sitting down and wrapping his tail around his paws just before the border seemed to begin. "Greetings," he stated cordially, dipping his head and smiling softly, his posture relaxed to show he had no intention of attacking... unless provoked that is. "I was merely admiring the view beyond your territory, I assure." His scent didn't pass the border aside from what bits the wind pushed beyond.

"I was a tad startled when I heard you approach," He chuckled sheepishly, one ear dropping slightly. The striking tom studied her then noting that she seemed tense, even stressed. It reminded him almost of how Cloverheart looked before her passing, though unlike the Riverclan medicine cat this one was present, aware. "What brings you this far from your comrades?" He asked, harmless curiosity in his captivating gaze.

- Tarot - Plague Rat
- Loner [Tier 3] - Loner [Tier 1] -
- He/Him - He/him -

Full Art and Profiles Here!

Feel free to PM me if you want to thread ^^
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Have We Met Before, Curious Soul? [c]   Have We Met Before, Curious Soul? [c] EmptySun 12 Nov 2023 - 21:30

Fawn
shine
"So you were never a saint and I've loved in shades of wrong. We learn to live with the pain, mosaic broken hearts."
Suspicion still remained as the loner emerged from the shadows; boldly, yet refraining from violence, and proceeded to explain his reasoning for being at the border of the territory. She remained still, deciding it was better to reassess his attitude first before further judgment—he didn't seem like a reckless rouge, but she couldn't be too sure of his intentions, either way. It would've been pure idiocy to let him go explore freely as he wanted, clan territory or not.

So instead, Fawnshine played along... for now.

Through his harmless violet lenses of curiosity, she put on her own mask of disguise—an apologetic, yet polite smile blooming at her maw in understanding. "I apologize if I accidentally scared you," Fawnshine straightened herself, tail lowering to flick loosely behind. "...What brings me this far is none of your concerns, even if I appreciate the inquiry." Unable to avoid meeting his eyes, she found herself strangely piqued by them. It wasn't as if she didn't have quite the unique pair of irises herself, even if heterochromia wasn't necessarily uncommon between such felines. Still, amethyst eyes were a sight she had never seen on another cat before, much less a loner.

Looking over his back, she tilted her head, ear flicking in curiosity. It was her turn to ask, now. If she could, she'd get some background information on this loner—if she was lucky enough. "And you? Why come so far and risk yourself getting injured by us in the clans?" Her eyes narrowed briefly, a glimmer of amusement passing through the diluted tortoiseshell's gaze. "Surely, the view of our Forest territory shouldn't have interested you so much for you to risk your life?" Fawnshine paused, "Or perhaps is there something else interesting you?"
ft. Taylor Swift in
— State of Grace

Back to top Go down
Lampy

Lampy

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Have We Met Before, Curious Soul? [c]   Have We Met Before, Curious Soul? [c] EmptyMon 13 Nov 2023 - 16:56

Ah, so this was a smarter one. Really that just made it more fun. Yawning slightly, he scooted back a bit, before lowering slightly to the ground, tucking his back paws under him while he rested on his front ones. "Well I suppose it's none of my business, just trying to make idle conversation. You don't get much company as a loner you know?" He chuckled lightly.

He tilted his head at the next question though, violet hues bright"I've recently returned from a rather long journey, in all honesty, I was taking in the nostalgic views... though I suppose there is some risk, if your patrols consider that it's fair to attack me even if I'm still behind their border..." He hummed, "If that were the case though I'd simply retreat. I'm not here to start any fights." He gave an awkward smile at the words, shuffling his paws a bit. "Though sometimes they do find me I suppose." He joked, referencing the scars that were visible.

A frown then crossed his features, "Though while I was taking in the views I noticed... the forest is quieter than usual. I didn't even get a whiff of fresh squirrel when the wind blew towards me. It's a tad... unnerving, in all honesty. Even the neutral lands don't seem as abundant, even for leaf-fall." He murmured with a troubled expression.

- Tarot - Plague Rat
- Loner [Tier 3] - Loner [Tier 1] -
- He/Him - He/him -

Full Art and Profiles Here!

Feel free to PM me if you want to thread ^^
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Have We Met Before, Curious Soul? [c]   Have We Met Before, Curious Soul? [c] EmptyTue 14 Nov 2023 - 7:27

Fawn
shine
Fawnshine listened attentively to his words; her reaction mild yet observant with each reasoning and reference. For some reason, the unfamiliar glow of his violet hues and deep-rooted scars sent her flashbacks to a sensation of déjà vu—back to a memory long buried yet never forgotten in her mind; the Dark Forest. It wouldn't make any sense for them to have a return after the battle of StarClan against them, however. So the she-cat momentarily brushed aside the nagging discomfort, deciding she didn't need any more haunting memories to overthink.

Blue-green eyes swept from the landscape far beyond him to meet his gaze again, tilting her head curiously. Of course, the prey's sudden absence in the forest could be felt by everyone—not just those who claimed their territories there. "I suppose it's pretty obvious that 'harsh season' is upon us, as we call it. Or at least, that's what the Stars have told us—although they aren't much help with their riddles rather than solutions," Her gaze narrowed briefly. Giving too much information away to a lone outsider would be unwise; but if he knew of anything she didn't outside of the clans, perhaps things might just go in her favor instead.

"Prey is diminishing greatly both in and out of the Forest, we have been warned. Predators are only doubling because of the increased need for food," She summarized their struggles briefly, making sure to leave out anything personally related to her clan. "I am what they call a 'medicine cat' if you haven't already been familiarized with the clans' ways. To find solutions for whichever problem we cannot control, and to foresee them is what we have agreed on in terms of becoming a medicine cat..." She gave a long pause before continuing, "But the more time passes, the more it seems that StarClan wants to force those things onto us, for us to figure it out ourselves in the form of riddled poetry rather than a straightforward answer."

Fawnshine grimaced slightly, unsure if she had accidentally ranted on too much to an unfamiliar loner—but what all she said had been vague on purpose. No mentions of the specific prophecies were told to him. "It seems almost a bit foolish to me, no matter the rules or reasoning of the stars. Aren't our ancestors supposed to make things easier for us, the interpreters?" She sighed.
ft. Taylor Swift in
— State of Grace

Back to top Go down
Lampy

Lampy

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Have We Met Before, Curious Soul? [c]   Have We Met Before, Curious Soul? [c] EmptyThu 23 Nov 2023 - 14:49

He listened quietly to her words, ears twitching as his posture remained relaxed and open. His eyes gleamed with interest in what she deemed reasonable to share with him, fur drifting in the cold breeze. By the end of it he nodded thoughtfully, mind puzzling and examining the new information. There was a stretch of silence as he thought of how to answer. "It does seem rather unfair, yes." He agreed, gaze sympathetic,  "Why even bother reaching out to you if all they're going to do is make things more complex, and put you under more stress?" He sighed slightly at the words, ears drooping a bit.  "You seem to have a lot of weight on your shoulders, with these issues of communication on top of already dealing with a harsh season full of threats..."

The tom paused, thinking more on the situation,  "Really it seems pointless of them to even reach out in the first place if they just leave you with more questions than answers. I'd hardly call that guidance." He shifted then,  "I have quite a lot of experience behind me, even I can give you more useful suggestions than those riddles and I'm not even a ghost." He quipped, mouth quirking slightly into a smile,  "For us loners, if there's no food in the territory we lay claim to, we simply move on and leave those lands in search of better ones. Then, we return after some time to see if the land from before has recovered enough to live in once more. It might be more difficult with such a large number of cats, but it's better than risking starvation and conflict, no?" He smiled slightly, briefly lapping at his pelt as his tail lifted resting beside him instead of shrouding his paws. "If this Starclan insists on making you sort out the situation yourselves with no help, then do so, solve the problems that arise with your own mind, your own logic. If you need guidance perhaps elders can give you some based on their greater experience. When the dead are of no help to you, it's only natural to turn to the living for assistance instead, is it not?"

Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Have We Met Before, Curious Soul? [c]   Have We Met Before, Curious Soul? [c] EmptyFri 1 Dec 2023 - 19:36

Fawn
shine
His suggested resolution only made sense. It was the same one that Mottlestar had also proposed to them in the Gathering—not that they had any other different choices, much less a wide variety of options to travel to. It was all unfamiliar territory, and that came with its risks. But she would've been foolish to ignore StarClan's nagging prophecies, anyway. They didn't seem like they'd just stop on their own.

With a sigh, Fawnshine flicked her tail, rising back to her paws with half-curiosity, half-neutral appreciation. So far, it didn't seem as if he meant any harm—otherwise, he wouldn't have simply remained here for idle chat with her; but she'd rather keep her guard up nonetheless. "I suppose what you said is true," She nodded, offering light pleasantries. "Thank you. I'll take that into consideration for my clan, then."

Just before she left, the medicine cat realized she'd yet to get to know his name. Better to have something to call of his identity, just in case. "...Before I go, may I have your name?" Her tail lifted, curious. "I'm Fawnshine, Thunderclan's medicine cat."
ft. Taylor Swift in
— State of Grace

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have We Met Before, Curious Soul? [c]   Have We Met Before, Curious Soul? [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Have We Met Before, Curious Soul? [c]
Page 1 of 1