Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Curious Kit [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2988

A Curious Kit [C] Empty
PostSubject: A Curious Kit [C]   A Curious Kit [C] EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 3:08 am

Icekit had been slowly working her way through the nursery and had spoken with most of the kits there. Now it was time to move a bit further and speak with an apprentice. She would be an apprentice soon, and so it was better that she was already known by the other apprentices than to have to make a new impression to all of them at once after her ceremony.

It was difficult trying to decide which apprentice she should approach first. Shypaw was so skittish that Icekit wasn't even sure it was worth the time to speak with her. Snowpaw was a bit more well known, but Icekit wasn't sure if she was the best to speak to first. Sootpaw had left for his moonstone journey, about to become a warrior, so Icekit had missed her chance to even try and speak with him.

Deerpaw, however, was a viable option.

She seemed pretty friendly; maybe a bit too friendly for Icekit's liking. It was often hard for the young kit to be around excitable cats. It was why she hadn't spent much time in the nursery if she could help it. But Deerpaw being so open made for an easier conversation to approach, so Icekit figured that she would be the best option to inquire about apprenticeships and ask further about the clan as a whole.

Finally, she approached the young apprentice. She stood as tall as her small body could muster, but Deerpaw was still older and larger than her. Icekit raised her chin to look more easily up at Deerpaw.

"Hello," Icekit meowed. "We have not formally met. I'm Icekit. You're Deerpaw, right?"

Remember your manners, Icekit, she thought to herself. She had listened to their leader during meetings at the Jaggedrock while she was kept in the nursery by the queens; she had watched the way warriors spoke with one another. She had to speak like them to make a good impression, and while the words felt clunky and foreign on her young tongue, she would do her best to reflect what she'd picked up on.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards  ❊  Codes
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw, [Q]uillsplash, [L]eopardkit, [C]reamkit | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan Apprentice [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [L]WindClan Kit [C]WindClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3245

A Curious Kit [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Kit [C]   A Curious Kit [C] EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 3:13 am

Deerpaw was heading out of camp when a small voice called from beside her. Looking down, she recognised the brown pelt of icekit. “Hey! Yeah, I’m Deerpaw. Nice meeting you, Icekit!”she greeted with a warm smile. At the back of her head she wondered if she would have the honour of mentoring this observant and intelligent kit. But that was far in the future.

“Could I help you?”
She enquired, tipping her head to the side.

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T4 Warrior / #802318
Juniperpaw / She-Cat / ShadowClan Apprentice / #B9ABB2
Leopardkit / Tom / WindClan Kit / #cc9900
Creamkit / She-Cat / WindClan Kit / #ff6600

Art Requests | Character Profiles
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Virgo Tiger

A Curious Kit [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Kit [C]   A Curious Kit [C] EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 3:18 am

"If you weren't busy, I wanted to speak with you," Icekit explained. "I'm curious about the responsibilities of an apprentice. The queens occasionally speak of it, but it can sound like bedtime stories when they talk about it. I wanted to hear from a real apprentice who knows what they're doing--like you."

Though, Icekit didn't know how well Deerpaw actually knew the responsibilities that came with being a warrior. She had experience with being an apprentice, sure, but Icekit had never seen her in action. Maybe she was terrible at it.

No, no. Cease that foolish thinking. Icekit was the young one here, with lots to learn. Deerpaw was leagues ahead of her by simply the virtue of age, let alone everything else she had been taught by the warriors of their clan. Icekit needed to respect that; she would respect that.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw, [Q]uillsplash, [L]eopardkit, [C]reamkit | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan Apprentice [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [L]WindClan Kit [C]WindClan Kit
Taurus Tiger

A Curious Kit [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Kit [C]   A Curious Kit [C] EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 7:00 am

Deerpaw resisted the urge to laugh. This kit was so polite and posh, speaking as if she was a kittypet. Deerpaw pondered the question for a while. “Well, I hope your apprenticeship won’t be as stressful as mine. There was huge invasion and all apprentices were out hunting and did not fight. While all the warriors were recovering, feeding and protecting the clan fell on the shoulders of all the apprentices. I suppose being an apprentice is about learning to adjust yourself and become a better warrior and cat.” She said at last. The apprentice hoped that she had phased the explanation simple enough for Icekit to understand.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

A Curious Kit [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Kit [C]   A Curious Kit [C] EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 11:08 am

Icekit's ear twitched as she listened to Deerpaw's explanation. So that's why the camp was quiet and a bit messed up. Icekit had assumed for a while that it was the norm, but of course it couldn't be. She looked back towards some of the warriors who were speaking together across the camp. Maybe that's why some of them weren't as keen on getting out anymore.

Looking back to Deerpaw, Icekit meowed, "Thank you. That makes sense." She tilted her head curiously. "But while it might be stressful, it seems like an honor to be so responsible for the clan. You get to play a larger role."

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

A Curious Kit [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Kit [C]   A Curious Kit [C] EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 7:31 am

Deerpaw smiled. "Yes, I do get to play a larger role but my health was affected greatly because of the stress. I'm recovering well now but I've also learnt to manage my duties better. when you become an apprentice, you will also learn such skills," she said, looking into Icekit's amber eyes. they reminded her of her own. this kit was rather special: she was polite and well-mannered, more so than even some of the warriors. and rather observant and smart too. Shadowclan was lucky to have such a kit as it's future.

but it'll be difficult for Icekit to even grow into an apprentice, let alone a warrior. there was sickness and the cold, and not to mention the lack of prey and huge amount of predator.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

A Curious Kit [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Kit [C]   A Curious Kit [C] EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 11:44 am

Icekit nodded. Stress...well, she supposed she hasn't had to deal with much stress, as a kit. She spent her days boredly walking around the camp and trying to avoid getting pounced on by her denmates. So she didn't understand all of Deerpaw's points now, but maybe she would after receiving her apprentice name.

"I'm glad you're feeling better," Icekit mewed. "I hope that when I'm older, I can be as good of an apprentice as you are."

Granted, Icekit didn't actually know how good of an apprentice Deerpaw was from firsthand experience. But she figured that if Deerpaw was responsible enough to work for the camp when warriors were out of commission, and she had worked so hard as to make herself sick, that Deerpaw was indeed a good apprentice.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

A Curious Kit [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Kit [C]   A Curious Kit [C] EmptyWed Feb 16, 2022 7:35 am

Deerpaw felt her heart sing as Icekit promised to be as good an apprentice as... her? that was a first. "I'm sure you will be, maybe even a better one!" she purred, though she wondered about the possibility of her words. would she become a better warrior, because she was clan-born?

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

A Curious Kit [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Kit [C]   A Curious Kit [C] EmptyWed Feb 16, 2022 11:50 am

"I'm not sure about that. I have a lot to learn before I can catch up to being as good as you," Icekit pointed out. Maybe Deerpaw was just being modest. But Icekit was still just a kit, and Deerpaw would surely be graduated to warrior long before she was. Deerpaw would forever be her elder, which meant she had a lot to do before they would be on equal ground.

"My apprentice ceremony is approaching," Icekit continued, leaving that thought behind. "So soon I will be joining you in hunts and patrols. Do you have any advice?"

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

A Curious Kit [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Kit [C]   A Curious Kit [C] EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 7:21 am

Deerpaw blinked at Icekit's response. what she said did some some truth in it. she hummed thoughtfully before deciding to leave the thought behind and answer Icekit's next question.

"Well, in leafbare, cats aren't the only cats going hungry. be careful to watch out for predators that seem to evaporate out of thin air! the first time I tried hunting, I got this scar-" Deerpaw showed a thin but long scar on her shoulder "- from a racoon. Swiftheart, my mentor, helped me kill it in the end. also, when escaping dogs, you should climb trees. not many cats in shadowclan cat climb, but I self-taught myself. you can always come to me for advice! any other questions?" she finished, a little proud of herself. maybe she wasn't as bad as she made herself believe.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

A Curious Kit [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Kit [C]   A Curious Kit [C] EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 12:30 pm

Raccoons. Dogs. Icekit hadn't seen either of those creatures yet. She had occasionally smelled some kind of foreign creature on warriors and apprentices when they returned from a hunt gone wrong. But she had no idea what those could possibly look like.

Icekit tilted her head as she tried to think. Her eyes then lit up and she meowed excitedly, "Have you ever been to a Gathering? What are they like? Have you met cats from other Clans?"

She often wondered what cats from the other clans were like. She had heard stories of what the other clans were like from the elders, or from things she had heard warriors discussing with one another. But they were often told in vague terms, or discussed by smell, or only about the leaders. Who Icekit was sure were important. But they were also unchanging. Other cats, however, could be useful.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

A Curious Kit [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Kit [C]   A Curious Kit [C] EmptySat Feb 19, 2022 8:26 am

"yes, I've been to a gathering before! It's really interesting, meeting all the other clan cats and learning their culture! I met this young warrior of skyclan called Rabbitchaser, and she was polite and nice!" she said, glad to have the topic off her for once. "Enough about me, what about you? what do you want to be when you grow up?"

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

A Curious Kit [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Kit [C]   A Curious Kit [C] EmptySat Feb 19, 2022 10:48 am

Icekit eagerly listened to Deerpaw's explanation, but she was caught off-guard when the subject was changed. Her nose twitched and she tilted her head in thought. What did she want to be...? She had no idea. At the moment, she would be grateful to just be an apprentice. But beyond that? What did she really hope for beyond that?

Icekit considered for another minute before she meowed, "I want to be a good warrior. Someone that helps the clan, in whatever way that's needed...I suppose it would be fun to be deputy or leader, but I have to be a worthy warrior for that. So for now, being the best warrior for the camp is probably what I want to be."

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

A Curious Kit [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Kit [C]   A Curious Kit [C] EmptyMon Feb 21, 2022 8:00 am

"That's a good ambition!" Deerpaw assured Icekit. she smiled as her name was called by her mentor. "Goodbye for now, but I really have to go! See you around!" she said as she scrambled to her paws and ran off.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Curious Kit [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Kit [C]   A Curious Kit [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Curious Kit [C]
Page 1 of 1