Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Understream[C]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw, [Q]uillsplash, [L]eopardkit, [C]reamkit | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan Apprentice [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [L]WindClan Kit [C]WindClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3234

Understream[C] Empty
PostSubject: Understream[C]   Understream[C] EmptyMon 30 Oct 2023 - 7:19

This place is pretty dead... By which I mean, there's nothing to kill.

Ajex stretched out against the warm brick wall, absorbing the last of the Greenleaf sun. The ginger tabby was particularly full after killing off a large owl, and now he laid content on the Twoleg wall, tail flicking idly. He opened one blue eye as the rustling of fur caught his attention. A grey-furred squirrel was perched on the wall just a few tail-lengths ahead, its huge, fluffy tail dancing in the air as if it was taunting him. Ajex watched the squirrel for a while, before pulling himself into a hunting crouch. Even if he wasn't going to eat it, he could at least practice his pouncing skills, right? He tensed, the lunged forward, claws pinning the creature down before it had a chance to flee. Ajex killed it off swiftly, then settled down next to his newest catch. Catching squirrels were as boring as he remembered, but whatever, right?

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T4 Warrior / #802318
Juniperpaw / She-Cat / ShadowClan Apprentice / #B9ABB2
Leopardkit / Tom / WindClan Kit / #cc9900
Creamkit / She-Cat / WindClan Kit / #ff6600

Art Requests | Character Profiles

Last edited by Copperbeans on Mon 30 Oct 2023 - 7:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15106

Understream[C] Empty
PostSubject: Understream[C]   Understream[C] EmptyMon 30 Oct 2023 - 7:19

The member 'Copperbeans' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

Understream[C] Mistpe10
Understream[C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2299

Understream[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Understream[C]   Understream[C] EmptyMon 30 Oct 2023 - 9:30

Rose followed the faint scent of squirrel up an alleyway, silvery coat shimmering in the sun. The prey still showed no signs of fattening itself up for the long winter that laid ahead; perhaps this place simply had no winter? A land without winter or snow… anything more different than her home could hardly be imagined. Perhaps this was the place the birds migrated to, shelter from the blizzards and deathly still cold. It would be encouraging to see something else that had laid eyes on her home, even if it was just prey. She’d have to keep her eyes open.

There- a fluffy tail on the top of a low brick wall. Carefully, cautiously, Rose slunk forwards, blue eyes fixated on the squirrel, skinny though it might be. Every time it glanced her way, she froze, not daring to risk the catch. Her stomach growled for something more than scavenged kibble and old mouldy dumpster food, and a nice squirrel would be simply perfect.

Finally, Rose sprang forwards, biting the squirrel at the base of the neck and killing it quickly. Ah; the divine taste of blood in her mouth. The silvery molly dropped the creature, ready to feast, but her ever-watching blue eyes caught a glimpse of- another cat. A ginger tabby, a tom. He’d caught his own prey, by the looks of things, so hopefully he wouldn’t seek to chase her off hers. She wasn’t exactly an appealing target, either, larger than most of the cats she’d met on her travels, but if it came down to it, she would rather flee than fight.

“Um- hello?”

Last edited by Cocoa on Mon 30 Oct 2023 - 9:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

Understream[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Understream[C]   Understream[C] EmptyMon 30 Oct 2023 - 9:30

The member 'Cocoa' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

Understream[C] Mistpe10
Understream[C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw, [Q]uillsplash, [L]eopardkit, [C]reamkit | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan Apprentice [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [L]WindClan Kit [C]WindClan Kit
Taurus Tiger

Understream[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Understream[C]   Understream[C] EmptyTue 31 Oct 2023 - 0:33

Ajex paused as a new voice called up to him. Peering down from his perch on the wall, the ginger tabby spotted a pretty silver tabby looking up at him with clear blue eyes. She had her own squirrel at her paws, and there was a little blood staining the pale fur around her muzzle. She looked tense, as if she was prepared to run. Satisfaction welled up in him as he realized that she was nervous because of him. Did he already look that strong? He leapt down from his perch on the wall to land next to the she-cat, prouder still when he realized he stood just a little taller than she. "Hello there. The name's Ajex. May I have the pleasure of knowing yours?" He asked, voice silky. It had been a while since he last spoke to such a pretty cat. He wondered if she was a strong fighter; if she was, he'd love to have a go with her at sparring. The thought of another fight sent thrills down his spine. Perhaps he should ask?

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Understream[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Understream[C]   Understream[C] EmptyTue 31 Oct 2023 - 13:37

The ginger tabby jumped down next to her- with a hiss and fluffed fur, Rose shied away, dropped her prey so that it now lay squarely between them, fixed her fearful blue gaze on him. His silky smooth voice did much more to alarm her further than it did to soothe her, bringing back memories of the silver-tongued trickster of the skies, fickle Fox of the legends. This tom meant danger, she felt certain, and yet Rose felt as trapped as a lemming in an eagle’s nest. There was no way past him that did not put her within reach of his claws. This was exactly the sort of situation she sought to avoid, and yet she’d walked into it headfirst, drawn by the allure of prey she did not truly need and that still kept her from flight.

Her name? Another trick of the Fox whose tail left glowing marks across the northern skies. If this cat had sold his soul to the trickster, Rose would have none of this. Ajex was hardly his name, anyways; he did not look like one. What name could she give him before he tired of her silence…

“Asphodel-“ oh dear, could she not think of anything better than him? Hopefully it would satisfy this cat. “What do you want from me?”
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

Understream[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Understream[C]   Understream[C] EmptyFri 3 Nov 2023 - 19:58

Ajex's eyes widened in pretend hurt when the she-cat reacted with cold, curt words. "Now now, do I look like a bad guy to you? Do I really need a reason to talk to another cat? Really, I'm being very polite for someone who just found another kitty hunting in my land," He mewed, giving the she-cat a smile that didn't quite meet his eyes. "Well! In any case, welcome to this part of town! What brings you here?"

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Understream[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Understream[C]   Understream[C] EmptySat 4 Nov 2023 - 6:41

His part of town? Rose had not passed any recent scent-marks, and besides, who could truly claim to hold territory here, where the humans held all in sway? This tom was a liar, and, most likely, a danger. Even though she doubted the legitimacy of his claim, Rose decided then and there to never come back to this section of the city. Or the city in general, perhaps. She’d glimpsed rolling fields and thick forests from the barn… and the cats in the city had proved nothing but trouble.

“Oh. I’m sorry. I didn’t know. You- you can keep the sparrow,” she mewed, taking slow careful steps backwards, fur standing on end. “I- I was hungry, but uh… I can hunt somewhere else. I’ll go do that now, so I don’t scare the prey off your territory…”

She was not fool enough to turn her back on him, but instead leapt up onto the wall he had perched on earlier, giving herself the vantage point and an opportunity to bolt, as soon as she felt she could get away with it.
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

Understream[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Understream[C]   Understream[C] EmptyTue 7 Nov 2023 - 20:49

Ajex sighed as not only did the she-cat not calm down, she even tried to make an excuse to get away. This was starting to get boring. Dropping whatever teasing tone he previously had, the ginger tabby beckoned her forward with his tail. "Come on, there's no one else here, and it's not like prey is that rare. Take the sparrow," He mewed dryly. The tom gave the older she-cat a thoughtful look. "You know, I'm always eager to learn more about fighting. If you could spare the time, I'd like to spar with you. No claws, I promise," He asked as politely as he could. Fighting predators just didn't give him the thrill he so desperately wanted. He wanted more. He wanted to be stronger.

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Understream[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Understream[C]   Understream[C] EmptyWed 8 Nov 2023 - 5:01

What?

Spar?

Rose’s face, for all her attempts to keep it stony and impassive, betrayed utter confusion on the silver molly’s part. Spar? In this season, where prey was scarce and the energy to hunt almost scarcer? And yet he offered the sparrow as collateral, and…

…and Rose had been raised in a place where one could go days without seeing prey. She could not afford to let this pass. The very idea terrified her slightly, but if she could just pretend for a little, and then concede defeat at the earliest believable opportunity…

“I- if you insist,” she mewed, gathering herself for the leap. Gods, how she hated this. It could go so terribly wrong so terribly quickly. “No claws.”

With a powerful leap, the silver molly sprung forwards, using her higher position to bowl over the other cat. Hopefully that would be enough, and he would let her go. Gods, this was a horrible idea.

Rose used Jumping Strike, dealing 10 damage and costing 7 stamina.

Rose
35/40 HP
63/70 SP (-7)

Ajex
40/50 HP (-10)
120/120 SP
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

Understream[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Understream[C]   Understream[C] EmptyWed 8 Nov 2023 - 6:30

Ajex couldn't hide his excitement as the she-cat agreed. He could see the flex of her muscles as she prepared to pounce, but instead of dodging as he normally would with a predator he decided to try something new. He was in a spar after all, and while it was way more boring then fighting with claws, it was a space where he could learn and experiment. Ajex took the blow head-on, squaring his shoulders to absorb the impact then charging forward to knock the she-cat over. He pinned her down with his weight, careful not to use his claws. With a playful grin, the tom repeated, "No claws."

Ajex used Leap and Hold, dealing 8dmg and -15SP
Rose/"Asphodel" is pinned for 1 turn

Rose/"Asphodel"pinned
32/40 HP(-8)
63/70 SP

Ajex
40/50 HP
105/120 SP(-15)

OOC: I noticed you deducted 5 hp from rose despite not having been dealt dmg? I've changed it, but do inform me if I'm wrong. Also, I won't roll the dice this time since Rose cant be pinned more than twice anyway thanks to the rouge passive.

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Understream[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Understream[C]   Understream[C] EmptyWed 8 Nov 2023 - 9:42

ooc: rose actually has disadvantaged stats! No worries, I’ll correct it and thanks for noticing :D

Instead of rolling with the blow, the tom took her leap head-on, pinning Rose down with a grin. It took a conscious effort to not panic, to collect herself and pull herself together, to remember to keep her claws sheathed. One of the most important battle tactics to know, and one she knew well, was the art of escaping from being pinned by a larger creature. Compared to a fox or the thunderous hooves of a herd of elk, Ajex would be easy to escape from.

Rose twisted, kicking him in the stomach with her back legs and slipping out from underneath his hold, long fur aiding in her escape. Hopefully that would be enough?

Rose used Duck and Twist, success, dealing 7 damage and costing 5 stamina. She is no longer pinned.

Rose/"Asphodel"
27/40 HP
58/70 SP (-5)

Ajex
33/50 HP (-7)
105/120 SP

Last edited by Cocoa on Wed 8 Nov 2023 - 9:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

Understream[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Understream[C]   Understream[C] EmptyWed 8 Nov 2023 - 9:42

The member 'Cocoa' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 6

Understream[C] Mistpe10
Understream[C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

Understream[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Understream[C]   Understream[C] EmptySat 11 Nov 2023 - 6:41

Ajex was not expecting the sudden twist and kick that dislodged his hold on the she-cat. He instantly regained his balance, but in doing so let his companion escape. Amazing! He must try that some time, and perhaps work a way to counter it. Oh, this spar was turning out great! The ginger tabby looked at the she-cat with a new sense of respect, though he couldn't help but notice the panic in her eyes. What, did she really think he would go back on his word? Whatever did he do to scare her that much?

Huffing, the tom lashed out with his paws-- claws seathed, obviously. He batted her on the head, knocking her head downwards, before jabbing his other paw into her shoulder. To his delight, the effect was as good as he had hoped. He really was getting stronger after all.

Ajex used Front Paw Strike and Dirty Trick, dealing 8(+7)dmg and -7(-7)SP

Rose/"Asphodel"

12/40 HP(-15)
58/70 SP

Ajex
33/50 HP
91/120 SP(-14)

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Understream[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Understream[C]   Understream[C] EmptySat 11 Nov 2023 - 7:05

Okay, okay-

The other cat’s blows were strong, and Rose shuddered to think of the damage that could’ve been done were his claws unsheathed. She would not come back this way ever again. Pushing forwards, paws fueled by adrenaline and the sort of panic that always accompanied any sort of conflict, the silvery tabby managed to slam him to the ground, claws sheathed. It wasn’t difficult to use her stocky build to keep him pinned, although she doubted she could keep him down for long.

“Okay…” she trailed off. He would hardly be likely to agree to stop this until he felt like he had won. Indeed, the moment he escaped from her pin, she would bolt, if she could do so.

Rose used Leap and Hold, dealing 7 damage and costing 15 stamina. No roll due to Survivalist.

Rose
12/40 HP
43/70 SP (-15)

Ajex pinned for one turn
26/50 HP (-7)
91/120 SP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Understream[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Understream[C]   Understream[C] Empty

Back to top Go down

Understream[C]